Swollen Hearts for our Bambino Valentines--Check in

I swear, there is more of talk of sex in our threads then there is on Cinemax at night :) You've convinced me -- I'll try Kegels! Can't hurt, right?!

I did STS Disc 2 today. Dang, my triceps were on FIRE! I did not do the 1RM tests, but I am going to do them this weekend, I think. I have adjustable Reebok dumbbells, but they only go up to 25 pounds. I was able to do every exercise so far (with only 2 of them requiring me to drop my weight) using my 10 pound dumbbells, and with some exercises, I was not struggling at the end. So I know I need more weight. I haven't opened the Reebok adjustable ones yet; am debating returning them and ordering the Bowflex ones Christine mentioned.

Susan, I made a Cream of Broccoli Soup today, with both broccoli and spinach -- yum! Do you have the cookbook Enlightened Soups by Camilla Saulsbury? All recipes are healthy, with nutrition info included (except fiber). I haven't had a dud yet! Hope Kara sleeps well tonight, and sleeps in tomorrow.

Melanie, I can't imagine how excited you are to see your family! I wish you could spend more time there -- such a long drive, and so long since you've seen the family. Does anyone know you're coming?

Christine, you sound like me. I might be sick, but if I know the baseboards need to be cleaned and the floor needs to be cleaned, I can't relax until it's done (unless I'm throwing up LOL). I hope you all feel better soon.

Jen, I saw on your Facebook that a guy named McNobody posted. Is that seriously his name? OMG -- I was cracking up, whether it's real or not, it's hilarious! Sorry to hear about the sudden passing of your friend. Sadly, that's the second one of I've heard of this week.

BTW, I saw in the Ask Cathe forum that Cathe intends to host a Road Trip this summer at her gym in NJ. Anyone interested in going?! She hasn't announced dates yet, but it's usually in late July or early August. I went in '05 and '08. I plan to go this year -- would love to meet some of you!

Allison- No that's not his real name..he's a goofball. I don't know why he chose that name but it is Scott and he's the regular comedian. :p And thank you...

J is finally asleep. Off to bed....

Christine, are you still loving the Bowflex weights? Do they feel sturdy to you? Do you need the stand, too, or can you use them without it?

I just checked the Bowflex website -- the 552s are $399.99 with free shipping PLUS a free 2-in-1 stand (regularly $149). That sounds like a good deal to me!

Allison, my family is having a suprise visit from me....so nope, noone knows. I'm thinking about putting the girls on their doorstop & ringing the doorbell......hiding in bushes with camcorder. LOL

Urgh. I went to bed early last night, but my girls were so disgruntled. I got 5 hours of sleep. :confused::confused: My boys put THEMSELVES to bed @ 7pm...they were so tired. I was done with elliptical @ 815 & ready for bed myself; the girls, on the other hand, had an all-nighter planned. *sigh* They should sleep well for DH today.

Oakie Doakie......I"m off to work in a little bit. You gals be good & not too much sex talk when I'm not here to enjoy it!!

Morning ladies!

Hope you have a good quick day at work Mel!

Allison- I was looking at the bowflex website also and thought that was a good deal! Still needed to talk to DH about it though and keep forgetting.

James did pretty good last night so I am up for the day. Going to get hair cut and highlighted, just my usual and then maybe, just maybe a w/o??? Fingers crossed....

Hi everyone! Have a good one!

Hubby and my four year old are on the mend! Hooray! John is full of snot, but I think he is getting better too. Phew. I am coughing a lot but can telll that I am fighting this thing pretty quickly.
Allison and Jen- YES, I LOVE the Bowflex weights. I am so glad that I got them. I am lifting a lot more than I thought I could. And they are so much easier to use than plated bars. I like my workouts so much better when I am not rushing changing weights. And there is so much less clutter! I just have the stand that they came with and it works out great.
We all had green veggies on teh brain last night didn't we? I made a spinach and hazelnut pesto for pasta and a crusted pork tenderloin. We had frozen yogurt for dessert.
John is gearing up to scream so I will BBL.

Morning!
Its a kegalfest!

Allison-I will have to try spianch in the soup next time..and that book sounds like a MUST for me!
Jen-hope your get in your workout!! Have fun getting primped! Hooray for James rolling over. From back to belly is hard! He's doing that pretty fast too. Both Haely and Kara rolled over from belly to back at 4 months..james is rocking!
Melanie-hoping your day is going well. You gotta get the family reaction on video..priceless memories there!
Chrisine-Ive been known to workout when I shouldnt...but I didnt just admit that. Glad you are getting better..hope John gets better fast!
Kara got up 2 times last nigt and again I woke up at midnight and couldnt sleep. I have trouble turning my mind off! I have proven to myself that what I eat affects my weight! Since Wednesday I have lost 2 pounds..WHO KNEW!
dh has gone fishing..will be home at 2..gonna clean house and go pick up Haley from party.
smiles and waves to everyone!

Ran ten miles with the kids this morning and am paying for it now. I need a nap. Hope you are all doing great today. I can not think straight. Whew. When hubby gets back from teh hardware store I am going to dump the kids off on him so I can get some zzzzzz's.

Hair's done but w/o wasn't. I opted to take a nap. I feel blah today. Hope I feel better tomorrow.

Off to eat dinner....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.