Switch Kick Lunges

Amie

I did All Out yesterday and loved it! Except for the switch kick lunges. I felt like an uncoordinated buffoon trying to do those. Did anyone else have trouble with these? Maybe I'm over thinking them.

I had trouble with them also. I could not kick high enough fast enough and still get back down for the lung. I decided to kick lower so I could keep the pace. I may slow the pace next week to see if I can get the entire move without falling :)

I feel so much better that it's not just me. ☺ I literally stumbled and almost fell. Talk about a buzz kill. Something to work toward.

Me too! I had some serious coordination issues with this move. It's the only move I had trouble with, too. I've done All Out twice now and the second time, it did get "easier." Not that it's an easy move, but since I was familiar with it my coordination was a little better--but I still had issues!

Same here...I figured Cathe has to keep throwing these moves at us so we'll be challenged. I'm sure we'll all get it after a few more tries. :)

I also had so much trouble with these. Amie described it perfectly - an uncoordinated buffoon. I loved them though and I loved the workout. Hopefully, I will get better at them.

Linda

Lmbo i love reading this! I had trouble too! I felt like uncordinated too. Hard to keep balance. Do u put ur weight in ur hands to switch feet? I was lost .. And laughing cause i felt extra fat on that move. N i thought oh i can do that! how fun! So all my heart jump down to do it and nope not happeniing i almost toppled over. Lol i thought wth just happened.

Lol! I did something like a power scissor with a kick - I am generally pretty coordinated, but I felt like a total idiot on these!

I do them at my pace which in the end may be 2-3 behind Cathe and crew but figured that is good and will get better at them as I do the workout.

Rhonda

Me too!!! If I had been chewing gum while trying these I would have just fell over.....it was like I grew an extra arm and leg... I just couldn't get the rythm....but I love it.

I had trouble too - so I feel better reading this. So glad noone was watching me! :eek: However, I really did enjoy them and was I ever breathing hard through them. So definitely something to work towards . . .

At least in here, she does them at a slower pace. In STS Cardio Fusion, she does them really fast. I've never kept her pace in that workout.

Are they in the Core STS cardio workout? I know I stole that move and made my bootcampers do them as "mountain kickers"... when teaching the move I always had to stress the back foot swings forward and then back to where it started, before you switch. If you do them slowly for a few times, focusing on that, it should help!

And yes, you have your body weight on your hands as you switch feet-- just as you do in a mountain climber or rock climber.

It's a fun move once you get it down! I think I was motivated to do so quickly so I could make my bootcampers do them... mwahaha:p

No worries on feeling like you are not doing them right. They are tough, they require balance and they are a far reach to the floor on one leg.

This move ain't about "pretty" for sure, but no matter what you look like, no matter what your speed, get down and give me some :eek:

I do them at my pace which in the end may be 2-3 behind Cathe and crew but figured that is good and will get better at them as I do the workout.

Rhonda

What a great reminder about going at your own pace. Sometimes I forget that I don't have to keep up with everyone right away. I know I'll be slowing it down during the next sit up/push up combo. O.M.G. How humbling! But I LOVE it! Because every time I'll get stronger. BTW, how cool is it that Cathe posts? I'll replay what she said next time I'm struggling to do the switch kick lunges. ☺

This same move is in MMA Fusion :eek:. I did that one a few weeks ago and thought "oh boy this is HARD! Thank goodness Cathe does not do them in any of her other workouts!". HA HA I totally jinx myself cuz' they made a nice surprise appearance in Xtrain :eek:. I was llike "OHHH NOOO! Are you kidding me??!!!"

It's all good ;).

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.