Surprised when reading dvd reviews

Cathe is awesome! There will always be some haters, but there are many more who love Cathe and appreciate all the hard work she puts into her workouts. I too get upset when I read offensive reviews, but I am so pleased that there are more positive, glowing reviews than there are negative ones. Constructive criticism is fine, but being mean and disrespectful is just so unnecessary.

Cathe is awesome! There will always be some haters, but there are many more who love Cathe and appreciate all the hard work she puts into her workouts. I too get upset when I read offensive reviews, but I am so pleased that there are more positive, glowing reviews than there are negative ones. Constructive criticism is fine, but being mean and disrespectful is just so unnecessary.

You shouldn't get upset over someone else's opinion. Not everyone is going to like all of Cathe' workouts. It doesn't mean that they are haters are miserable they just like something different from you. I personally like almost all of her new workouts. The only one that was really not my preference was Lean Legs. Cathe is a really good instructor and I have worked out with her for 10 years but just because I love her workouts don't mean that I will like every single one. That is why she puts out so many videos is to give variety. Anyways I'm about to do great glutes tonight! I can't wait!:D;)

You shouldn't get upset over someone else's opinion. Not everyone is going to like all of Cathe' workouts. It doesn't mean that they are haters are miserable they just like something different from you. I personally like almost all of her new workouts. The only one that was really not my preference was Lean Legs. Cathe is a really good instructor and I have worked out with her for 10 years but just because I love her workouts don't mean that I will like every single one. That is why she puts out so many videos is to give variety. Anyways I'm about to do great glutes tonight! I can't wait!:D;)

I wasn't saying at all that anyone who doesn't like her workouts are haters. I was speaking specifically about someone who made a comment about Cathe's appearance and other comments that seemed more rude than just stating what they don't like about the workout. I have been doing Cathe's workouts for 10 years now and there are a couple of workouts that I don't like that much, but I wouldn't be rude about it. There are always some who don't like her workouts. That's to be expected, but I just don't see the point of being cruel about it. There are people who respectfully state what they don't like about certain workouts and then there are some who go too far. I made a statement at the end of my previous comment to make the point that I wasn't talking about everybody who doesn't like Cathe's workouts. I have friends and family who are into fitness, but don't like her workouts, but I'm not upset about it. We like who we like and that's ok.

Last edited:
Oh dear, Soapmaker, you should probably copyright that name Liquid Heat, may I ask, pray tell, what workouts you have labelled Liquid Heat?

Oh that's a goodie. :eek:

There are many. I love DM and LIC. Whenever I have extra time, I repeat the cardio segments and go as heavy on the weights as I can properly handle. I also love Intensity. I burn 450 to 500 calories during the 30 min step segment alone. It is the highest calorie burn I ever got from any 30 min workout. It is my favorite Cathe step, pure fun.

I like to do the first half of AT followed by AB or CS. I learned that if I add the solid step segment from AT before other workouts my calorie burn goes up. I was glad to see another step segment on TTM. I also like to do the first half of AT followed by all of Tabatacise. With Tabatacise, Cathe took what is in my opinion a mediocre form of cardio (tabata) and turned it into an intense fun cardio by inserting the step segments in between the Tabatas. It was a touch of genius. Sometimes, I repeat the step segments even if it means not completing all the tabatas. There are many others like the Terminator workouts, HSA and many more. For my body type, any cardio workout that includes controlled cardio-weights works great. Needless to say, X10 is going to be at the heart of many premixes which will include Hi rep, FT, and many more. I know I will need to work up to them because X10 was plenty tough as is. I often wonder if Cathe uses a HRM when planning her workouts because she does a great job controlling the HR from start to finish. You get a break right when you need it even when you don't know you need it.

Liquid Heat was DH's description of what I look like when doing these workouts. He does them too and looks just as soaked. We have a running joke about how many degrees we raised the temperature in the room during the workouts. I own a lot of workout DVDs. There really aren't many that come anywhere near the intensity of Cathe's.

For the love of music...

Sight Sight---

I love Triset music a lot. Not everyone cup of tea but yes I did and still do enjoy this series:cool::):):) Peace everyone;)

Oh woman, I so LOVE that workout and the music!

I buy a workout for the workout, not for the music. Isn't there a "music off" option w/this series, giving you the option of playing your own tunes? Since I usually don't focus on the music unless it really appeals to me, it's not a big deal if it's not my cup of tea. I tune it out--no pun intended. I can understand how it motivates others and would be important. But if you can opt to workout w/Cathe's vocals and your own music, there is a reasonable solution to not digging the DVD music.

You want bad music in a workout? Listen to the early Spinervals workout DVDs.

I'm laughing my *** off because that is so true! You have your choice with Cathe's workouts what you want to listen to. I love the lyrics off or instrumentals only feature on Cathe's dvd's. If you want your own music, get a little wireless speaker and hook it to your ipod, place it behind you and you can hear Cathe and your own music perfectly.

Maybe you should consider staying away from the VF site. Just a thought. ;)

Why?

There are many. I love DM and LIC. Whenever I have extra time, I repeat the cardio segments and go as heavy on the weights as I can properly handle. I also love Intensity. I burn 450 to 500 calories during the 30 min step segment alone. It is the highest calorie burn I ever got from any 30 min workout. It is my favorite Cathe step, pure fun.

I like to do the first half of AT followed by AB or CS. I learned that if I add the solid step segment from AT before other workouts my calorie burn goes up. I was glad to see another step segment on TTM. I also like to do the first half of AT followed by all of Tabatacise. With Tabatacise, Cathe took what is in my opinion a mediocre form of cardio (tabata) and turned it into an intense fun cardio by inserting the step segments in between the Tabatas. It was a touch of genius. Sometimes, I repeat the step segments even if it means not completing all the tabatas. There are many others like the Terminator workouts, HSA and many more. For my body type, any cardio workout that includes controlled cardio-weights works great. Needless to say, X10 is going to be at the heart of many premixes which will include Hi rep, FT, and many more. I know I will need to work up to them because X10 was plenty tough as is. I often wonder if Cathe uses a HRM when planning her workouts because she does a great job controlling the HR from start to finish. You get a break right when you need it even when you don't know you need it.

Liquid Heat was DH's description of what I look like when doing these workouts. He does them too and looks just as soaked. We have a running joke about how many degrees we raised the temperature in the room during the workouts. I own a lot of workout DVDs. There really aren't many that come anywhere near the intensity of Cathe's.

Thanks Soapmaker, it's always interesting to see how others put Cathe workouts together. I've always enjoyed her circuit style workouts and the endless ways you can rotate through her different sets. There aren't many DVDs that come anywhere near the intensity of Cathe's, that's for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.