STS without videos

coraivej

Wondering if anyone thinks it's possible to follow the STS program with the handbook or printouts from the Workout Manager alone? I do not have the money to invest in the DVDs at the moment, but would love to do the program. Thanks. :)

HI Coraivej,

I own the STS DVDs but sometimes I do the STS workouts with only the individual STS disc workout sheets. I am only able to do this because I have done each of the individual STS workouts following along with the DVDs many times. I feel that you really do need to see how many of the exercises are executed, therefore, in the beginning, you really do need the STS discs to get the maximum benefit from this program (IMHO).

Wondering if anyone thinks it's possible to follow the STS program with the handbook or printouts from the Workout Manager alone? I do not have the money to invest in the DVDs at the moment, but would love to do the program. Thanks. :)

I think M1 would be very difficult to do without DVds because the counts arent simply regular lifting- theres pulses- holds etc...

I think you could do M2 & M3 if you viewed it first.

I was looking on ebay there is an auction starting, maybe worth a shot to get it a good price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cathe-Friedrich...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item19c0d43cba

Otherwise, is it possible to rent STS anywhere?

I think the book would give a very good workout on it's own, but as mentioned above it does not give info on the rep patterns or tempo, so you are not getting the full value of the program, but I think it would still provide a great outline for workouts anyway.

Thanks! I think I will wait until I get the DVDs. I'm going to keep an eye on the ebay auction and see how that works. Thanks for all the tips. I thought it might be hard to do it without the videos. But thought I'd try. Thanks again!

Just bought STS and will start the 3 1/2 month cycle at the beginning of February. I'm coming off a bad cold and a Jari Love rotation. Wish me luck!

Just bought STS and will start the 3 1/2 month cycle at the beginning of February. I'm coming off a bad cold and a Jari Love rotation. Wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK! :)

I just began the 6.5 month rotation earlier this month. I'm in week 2. I have a looooong way to go. Thank goodness I'm enjoying it! ;)

Congrats on your purchase!!!

I wanted to mention something about eBay....
Be careful buying Cathe dvds on eBay! There are a lot of bootleg videos there. I unknowingly bought two bootleg dvds and a bootleg TRX trainer.

I got burned from a counterfit *new seller* on Ebay which I should have known since the price was too good to be true. And it didn't work. Then there are the people who unknowingly bought counterfeit dvds and then sell them.

My husband does STS only with the workout sheets. He doesn't use the videos and has tremendous success with this method.

Last edited:
I ended up unknowingly purchasing a bootleg cathe dvd on ebay once. I immediately contacted the seller who was very nice about it. I returned the item to her and she refunded my money w/no argument. Ofcourse she claimed she was unaware that it was not a "true" cathe dvd. :rolleyes: Whatever. I was just happy I got my $ back. :)

I purchased them on shopcathe.com. Just got it in the mail yesterday, but the optional squat DVDs are missing. Will look through and get started February. Looks like a program reminiscent of the one my personal trainer used with me years ago. But I spent thousands on the trainer and only $250 on DVDs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.