Sts Q!

Ketros

I just finished sts week #1 :) ... Looking ahead for Week #2 I notice that I have to increase some of my dumbell weights by 1 pound ... the weights that I have are 5 8 10 12's so far. How do you increase without having to buy every weight in the store :(

They sell gloves with weight in them, making it much easier to add a pound or two. You can find them here at ShopCathe (I have her 2 lb gloves and use them all the time) or at Amazon. They probably sell them at your local sporting goods store too.

Thanks Lori
All they have at the sports store is wrist weights.. I will have to order the gloves from Cathe.
Thanks for responding!

You can also use ankle weights. I use 1 lb wrist weights and I have the 1 lb gloves that can also be 1/2 lb ones, but I've actually benefited the most from my adjustable 5 lb weights as they allow me to go at 1/2 lb increments and being able to use them at 3 lbs and 4 lbs has been what's gotten me up to the next 5 lbs for things that need dumbbells over 15 lbs. Chest flys and one arm rows especially come to mind.

If you have metal dumbbells as opposed to vinyl, you can use pace mates and plate mates. These are weighted magnets for dumbbells/barbell plates/stacked weights in various weights that stick to your dumbbell. I've got both. You can find this sort of thing under 'microloading' by google. BTW, I've heard of people using other kinds of magnets to make their own more cheaply, but I was lazy and just bought a set :)

I combine these with weighted gloves and it really is nice for shoulder workouts especially.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.