STS or Xtrain? where to start?

littlejamtart

Hi! I am new to strength training, although I have been doing Cathe step dvds and spin classes for awhile. I would like to turn my focus towards more strength training, which set would you use? I like the structure and intensity of both sts and the new xtrain, but would one be better for someone who is relatively new to weight training? Should I consider another option as a better first step? Or maybe do one first, then the other? Thanks for any thoughts or advice you have. :)

hi!
Actually had the same question, so would have been interwsted in reading the suggestions. I have been a cardio junkie and would like to get into adding strength training as I am 49 find I need to not be doing quit as much cardio and more strength to balance my body more, would actually like to see some definition;) , but sad there weren't any answers or responses :confused:

Man I wish I could help! I am kinda new to it to. The one she has that is adaptable in my opinion is push pull because u do not have to go as heavy as Cathe and it hits every muscle total body in about 45 minutes. It is my fav. Im a cardio crazed person. So trying to do weights is boring to me so I like push pull not boring at all. I also like pyramid upper body. And supersets. Other then that im not as educated as the rest of cathletes

Well, since Xtrain is not out yet, it's hard to do a comparison of it with any of Cathe's previous series'. However, I am on my last week of STS and I was not much of a consistent weight trainer beforehand, and I absolutely loved the series. It was a structured, focus program that I could use to really achieve noticeable gains in strength and muscle tone. I feel fit and powerful,and definitely look forward to repeating STS again.

Like Renee said, I've also heard good things about the push/pull series for weigh training. I liked the nature of STS in that it was a gradual progression with variety over the course of the 3.5 months of the program, which makes it unique from the other weightlifting videos that Cathe has produced in the past.

Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.