STS male outfits disappointed!

> Steady the folks, whoa, I don't think I mentioned the words
>"spandex" or "licra", AND I certainly don't want blokes in
>PINK!!!! BLACK TOPS WOULD BE FINE!!! Black matches.

What would you want the guys to wear? As I said earlier, I understand your feelings on the colors
but I think the style of clothes is pretty accurate of what men currently wear when they are working out. Cathe, etc., usually try to stay with *contempory* styles in their choice of workout clothes so I guess I don't know what other options there would be for men, other then going back to the days of lycra and spandex.

I'm curious as to what you would have liked to have seen the men wearing.:)

ETA: I hope this doesn't come across argumentative. I really am interested in your opinion, not in having a silly clothing argument.:)

Andrea,

Doesn't seem like anyone is turning on you. Everyone just seems to be expressing their opinion too.

I don't think anyone made a big deal of your opinion except you; if I'm correct you posted it twice.

Either way, you and Beavs are right, it's no big deal. We are all expressing our personal opinions.

Cathy

>>AND I certainly NEVER EVER rudely and childishly make comments
>on OP posts if they are (in my opinion)ridiculous.
>
>
>You guys (not all of you) turn on your own real quick don't
>you?

Wow, I don't know what I am missing, I don't think anyone made rude and childish comments about your opinion.

I respect your opinion but I don't have the same opinion. If that is what makes you decide that you don't want to buy the DVDs, well, it's your opinion and your choice. Other people have other opinions and make other choices. And just as you voiced your opinion, others voiced a different opinion. This is a discussion forum, there will be differences in opinion and that is great.

I am not sure what you expected. If you voice a strong opinion, you will need to be prepared that other people will disagree. I think the responses were pretty polite and non-confrontational.

I guess, I am just at a loss at what made you so upset that you feel people are "turning" on you.

That being said, everyone has a right to their opinion.

I have to agree with the above poster. I don't think from what I read that anyone was turning on you but rather just as you had done was state their opinions :) . Regardless of the outfits how friggin pumped are we about this series!! After seeing the amount of risers and the fact that they are using slanted risers I am really trying to figure out how to justify a weight bench.
Frankly I can't take my eyes off Cathe, Jai and Lorriane they all look soooo beautiful and strong and that red is fantastic. And as far as the guys go I know how everyone could be happy, NO SHIRTS!!!
nkuangel

I liked them wearing what they did in the rehearsal pics. Then again, a little exploitation might = inspiration.

:9

>I am outraged that they are wearing any clothes at all. ;)
>
>[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
>
>http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif
>
>http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Yea, me too...

Seriously though, I used to get this catalog from Hannah Andersen that featured whole families wearing coordinating outfits. It wasn't cute, it was creepy. I get what the poster is saying but if the men were wearing coordinating outfits it would be just a tad on the... uh, metrosexual side. Something buff guys hear plenty about as it is. You'd never get men to take STS serious because men don't like coordinating their getups with the ladies. It's kind of emasculating. Ask a man and you'll get an earful.

Eh, makes no difference to me. I know some folks like the color coordinated deal, thats cool. I loved the outfits in Kickmax best, along with Imax3, but then again, I love pink!

I don't care what the guys wear as long as its not spandex or those weird "Richard Simmons" shorts!:7

Actually, I was kinda thinking it was good opportunity to make a "banana hammock" joke but I would hate for anyone to take it personally. And for the record, I'd much prefer if Cathe sported Groucho Marks glasses.

As someone who rarely posts to this type of thread, I didn't agree with the original poster, but I did feel as if some folks on here were giving her a bit of a hard time. MOST did post and just state an opinion but some others were a tad sarcastic. Then again, as someone said, a strong opinion can solicit that response.

(to be fair I should say that I dont agree with the original post and actually think the men's attire compliments the womens' quote nicely).

O.k, its funny isn't it? that when a person posts they read it differently to others. I read comments about, "I thought it was April 1st" "I for one don't care what the men are wearing" and so on. This reminds me of the many many posts that turn sour due to the amount of "passion" that comes through and the way people interpret what others are expressing. If I have read those posts wrong and got all "cross" for nothing - Great.

Tell me, Why is o.k for the females to be in the similar outfits but not o.k for the men? One in all in.
But in response to licra, I am doubtful that the MIllions and millions of people who are going to watch the Olympics or football or Baseball or whatever else sport that has men in tight clothing, will respectfully disagree with those that think its unmasculine. It is totally masculine and totally nice on the eye. Very athletic looking. cathe is very athletic, jai, lorraine, cedie, dezi and whoever else, are all athletic.

Now lets all move on.

Andrea

I am going to have to respectfully disagree that football players pants(baseball players don't wear lycra) look *masculine.* If I saw someone wearing football pants at the gym I would think that it was incredibly odd and unflattering.

Let's not forget that those players and athletes(Olympics) are wearing UNIFORMS. These althletes don't *work-out* in those clothes, unless they are required to by their respective leagues. Currently porfessional baseball players are in spring training, do you know what they wear to work out(not play games)? T-shirts and baggy shorts.

Just as I don't see anything unusual about their clothes while they are playing football, etc., I would find it odd if I saw a man at my gym wearing a football uniform or wrestling uniform to work-out.JMO

Andrea, I understand where you are coming from, as I said, I don't share the same opinion but I do respect that you have a different opinion.

The response "I for one don't care what men are wearing" didn't strike me as confrontational. She didn't care what the background exercisers were wearing, you obviously care. Nothing but a difference in opinion or preference.

I did have the feeling that your original post, saying "I have read and read all about how SNM are producing these amazing dvds. And we, the consumer will be paying a hefty dollar too. Quite frankly I feel let down" and your mention of this being "unprofessional" did come across as a bit strongly worded, probably unintentional on your part.

Not being face-to-face sometimes things come across differently than they are meant. Reading your original post initially, I thought, well, what is she saying? Cathe's company is unprofessional? The videos are not going to be amazing just based on what the crew is wearing? The price is too high for a "cheap" product? WHAT??

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

Andrea - I have to admit that as soon as I saw the blog pictures, I honestly thought the same thing. I thought the grey shirt looked like something the guy would practice in but not actually wear for the workout. The shorts look fine to me, but my totally anal retentive side would have preferred that the guys have black shirts that at least matched the girls in some way. I am completely willing to acknowledge the fact that this is a completely anal point of view though, and I would have never mentioned it otherwise - and I'll probably never give it another thought. It did bug me too though when I first saw it. ;)

I couldn't give a monkey's what the men wear, I shan't be looking at them much anyway. I usually look at Cathe or phase out....I think what they are wearing is just fine.

Clare

Pippa, I am laughing at us both now! In a nice way. As if football players (american football) would work out in the gym in their football atire! That wasn't what I meant and the same goes for the baseball players. I meant they looked nice! Some posters replied that 1, they don't care what the men wear and 2. that they wanted the men to look masculine. Footballers and baseballers look masculine yes? In their tightish pants yes? perhaps not made outta licra. :)

Our footballers train in lycra leggings things either long legged or thigh with short over the top and they look nice. (Aussie rules) Then athletes do actually train in running shorts or tights and they look nice? Yes sirr!
I wouldn't know what a baseballer trains in, I only know what i see them play in. I'm Australian, (don't hold that against me please.)

I am not a huge fan of the baggy shorts however I realise thats the fashion nowadays. And my original comment on those saggy baggies were that in my opinion they were yuk. So what do they wear, what would I know? :) It fascinates me that a lot of persons can make comments about what cathe and the girls are wearing, some are even buying the similar or the same outfits, (and I don't blame them at all its a nice look) but the mens outfits are off limits??..........no .... no more ....... I shall make no further comment what the men are wearing. I've said all i want to say. I shall remain in the minority.

So Pippa, lets laugh at the American footballers training in the gym in their football outfits. ;) That would look rather bizarre!

Andrea

Andrea, it totally makes sense now about the guys outfits to you. Here guys wear the baggy shorts, and we are all used to it. It is normal. I remember when the baggy shorts first came out(ala Chicago Bulls reign and them wearing them) and I remember going yuck, now, I am used to it, and even the girl athletes wear them in our town.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.