STS male outfits disappointed!

I have no issues with the outfits. Coordinating outfits rank very low on my list of "must haves" in a quality work out dvd. :)

The fact that the men DON'T match the ladies is one of many reasons I chose to preorder. This gives the workout a more serious feel. I'm sure my husband, who has done P90X and loved it and who plans to try Cathe, will be thrilled that the men don't look "girly" with matching pink/red outfits.

Good job Cathe for appealling to a wider audience!

I have to 100% agree with everyone in that the matchy outfits would have totally sucked. My son wont do a Cathe only girls workouts - but I know with the guys in this one - looking like real guys - he would. That is why he will only do the P90X - for the exact reason that they are not all matchy matchy and just real guys at the gym....

Cheese-tastic if they would have all matched... I LOVE what she is doing....

Hi Sandra!

The black capris Cathe is wearing are Nike Funky Vibe. I ordered a pair online from Nikedotcom. Here is a link:

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=n...00701/gid-163109/pid-126506&re=US&co=US&la=EN

The beigy color & white ones are a ligher fabric with spandex that she is wearing. They are called Sport Utility Capris & were available at Dick's last year. I got a pair in white, black & biege. (They also came in a greenish khaki color.) They also were available in a walking short length. Here is a link for them and they are on sale!

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...capris&parentPage=search&searchId=23808046383

Hope this helps.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I didn't really notice nor do I care what the guys are wearing. I mainly was curious about the actual exercises that they were all doing and their form. If I noticed anything it was the fact that Cedie wasn't in the group picture that was posted. What's up with that?

Annette

Annette!

Cedie is in the STS series but they are using different cast members for all the different workouts. I can't wait to see Cedie too!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Annette - they are rotating the crew throughout all of the videos.. I am sure Cedie will show up soon... :) I love the mix match crew - esp that so far a lot of the regulars are in there... :) I think that will be really cool to change it up that way over the 37 workouts...

I'm not someone who cares too much about what the *clothes* are like in a workout DVD, although I respect that some people are concerned with that aspect.

However, I would have to agree that the guys look like they are wearing what guys wear when they workout. I can't tell you the last time I was in the gym and saw a guy wearing anything but *baggy* shorts and some type of t-shirt/tank style shirt.

Now, maybe the could have matched the colors better to Cathe's colors but I really think they got it right with the style of clothing.

>Annette - they are rotating the crew throughout all of the
>videos.. I am sure Cedie will show up soon... :) I love the
>mix match crew - esp that so far a lot of the regulars are in
>there... :) I think that will be really cool to change it up
>that way over the 37 workouts...

Thanks Anne and Debbie for pointing that out. Guess I overlooked that somewhere in the blog, my bad:)

Annette

I'm so glad that the guys aren't dressed so matchy matchy....it's what guys wear to the gym.

I usually don't pay any attention to the crew members once I start working out.

Namita

>I am outraged that they are wearing any clothes at all. ;)

}(

I think they should have gone the way Adam Ford did in his stability ball workouts: no shirt, and shorts over spandex tights. It really helps one see the musles at work, but it's not 'TMI' the way spandex alone is.

I didn't really pay attention to what the guys were wearing when I looked at the photos, and I really don't care if they are matchy-matchy (which I would find to be kind of odd in a way).

>Personally I think the "lack" of "matching outfits" gives the
>entire thing a MUCH MORE gym feeling! I LOVE IT!!!! Not all of
>us WANT to feel like we're part of Cathes "crew" when we
>workout....

I agree!
As long as the clothing is appropriate to the workout, and there is no obvious clash of colors/patterns (ie: one person wearing orange stripes, the next wearing red polka-dots, the next bright green flower patterns!) it's fine with me.

Though I can see how colors and outfits can affect one's perception of a workout. I was on-the-fence about whether or not to keep Stretch Max, and the IMO horrible outfit colors pushed me over to the 'get-rid-of' side.

Women are dressed like women and the men are dressed like men. I don't see any problem what so ever. I'm also scratching my head and trying to see what the heck...no shout down intended?

Love the first response. That made my day.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Sorry you don't like the guys outfits.

I like all of the cast's outfits. I think that it is going to look fab. IMHO, if the dudes had black and red on I think that would look totally dorky.

I like the all the outfits. I think they did a great job of coordinating all of them without making them look to uniform.

Jo

I am really hoping that my DB and DH will do these workouts with me. They have been really reluctant up til now do to it being a "girly" workout. I think that Cathe is appealing to a MUCH broader audience on this one and that they guys will actually not feel weird doing this one. If these guys were wearing matching outfits it would have made them girly too in my brother and husbands' eyes. I think that STS is progressive in every way--I bet the music will be a little different than normal too--and I'm glad that it's not going to be cookie-cutter. JMO, but I think everything looks awesome and I am totally pumped about this series.

>I am outraged that they are wearing any clothes at all. ;)
>
>[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
>

I laughed so hard I teared up.

~* Vrinda *~

Um, are we really going to start complaining about the mens clothing? Isn't there anything else to complain about?

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

~What's round on the end and high in the middle? Tell me if you know.~

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Steady the folks, whoa, I don't think I mentioned the words "spandex" or "licra", AND I certainly don't want blokes in PINK!!!! BLACK TOPS WOULD BE FINE!!! Black matches.

NOT BLUE AND NOT GREY!! READ THE POST!!
RED isn't exactly a "girly color either" Some men could take offence.
Good grief, no wonder some people get upset on these forums, you guys get so outrageously protective! I made no comment on the "Cathe wearing glasses posts" or "love Lorraines hair" or someone elses hair color! and so it goes on and on...

I think I can respectfully have an opinion on the what the blokes are wearing! If Cathe was a friend of mine I would tell her this to her face too. I wouldn't be impolite about it.
AND I certainly NEVER EVER rudely and childishly make comments on OP posts if they are (in my opinion)ridiculous.

You guys (not all of you) turn on your own real quick don't you?

I too, love Cathe.

Andrea

Finally, I have to agree with Beaves "really what is the fuss about"?? I expressed my opinion. I get that I am well and truly in the minority but its no big deal. Its just clothes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.