STS first time!

Yesterday I ended up doing Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success. Nice pace and I can modify too. She rules, but not like Cathe haha! Today I'm thinking Yoga Max. Slept in today which felt really nice. Just finished by big bowl of Kashi with a banana. Lunch with my dad and stepmom at Good Earth and then to the Apple store to get my ipad :) My dad is buying it for Tony and I for our baby gift. Super excited!!!! Then dinner with my mom and a couple of her friends. Like most of you I don't go out to eat to often and twice in a day is freaking me out. But at least there are healthy options, especially at Good Earth...love that place.

Missy- That's awesome that your husband had such a great time working out with you. CSS was a good choice to start with. I still have yet to convince Tony to hit the basement with me. He talks about it but hasn't worked out in quite awhile. Hopefully one of these days he will start up again. I honestly don't know how people live without it. Sounds like you got some good buys yesterday! Nothing better than buying fitness stuff :)

Betty- Welcome back! I'm so with you on HST. I watched the clip the other day too and it looks amazing!

Ok off to the basement :)

Happy Sunday everyone!

Jean---Tim did the entire DVD. He was huffing and puffing toward the end. He said....OMG, I am so out of shape!!! He did modify some stuff. Like Push ups on his knees, No hands behind head during prisoner squats (he has a bad back), etc. He did really well. I was proud of him. Today he said he feels his muscles but he is okay. He said he will try another low impact workout in a day or so. I am thinking Afterburn......?????

Gotta run....:eek:

Good evening girls!

Yesterday's canoe trip was a blast. The only kicker being we had my sister's(Danielle) boyfriend there, which you guys know I'm not crazy about that dude:confused:. Between the MIL and him there was a lot of tolerating going on this weekend! Thank goodness for adult beverages.:eek: lol It was lots of fun, though and the kids had a great time. The river we went on was pretty shallow due to the lack of rain this summer so there were several moments where I was super glad I work out and have some degree of upper body strength! I was rowing like a mad woman in a few spots just to avoid getting hung up! Here's a few pics:

Me and my sista's. Left to right: Danielle, Areka, me and the "baby" Arianna. Notice how the baby towers over the rest of us? :eek:

024.jpg

The kiddos. My niece Anna (blondie;)), Lydia, behind them is Dylan and sort of walking away is my nephew Josh.

005.jpg

Jim (Areka's hubby) and Mark.

031.jpg

Today's workout was To the Max. LOVE that one!! It's a close tie between that one and Crossfire but I may have to make the official declaration that TTM is my favorite!

Okay, gotta run...BBL to write more personals! TTYL!

Yoga Max today! Wow I must admit it's kind hard when you're almost 35 weeks pregnant. Feeling good though and glad I'm still getting some movement in. Lunch with my dad was good and then we got my ipad! So stoked about that! Dinner with my mom was fun too. I had lettuce wraps...always a tasty choice :)

Ok so make me not feel guilty. My mom picked up 2 packs of the padded interlocking floor stuff for my gym at Sam's club. There were 21 bucks a pack so 42 dollars later I have a nice padded floor but I'm feeling guilty for spending money on me that could be going to the baby. I keep telling myself this will prevent injuries in the long run and I will have it forever but I still feel bad. Tony has no clue yet (he's at band tonight) and no doubt will roll his eyes and smile as he is used to my 'fun' money going to workout stuff.

Colleen- Totally agree with Jean! Those workouts are doing a body good girl! You look amazing! Glad you had fun!

Jean- Looks like I will have to invest in a weighted vest ;)

Missy- Sounds like your hubby did real well with CSS. Good for him for wanting to continue. Have fun with AB :)

Hi Ladies!!!

Today I did STS week 3 disc 19 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps. It was a goodie for me today. I had so much energy that a couple hours later I decided to rip open CrossFire and did that one too. Holy s*&%! ;) I was sweating like a mad women but totally got an endorphin high and LOVED it!!!! It was so fun!!!! Tomorrow I'm planning on trying Afterburn. I'm so excited for all my new workouts!!! And my step too. I can't remember if I posted that I did my first at home step routine (Lowmax) at the end of the week. Feeling like I'm set up to keep up with all of this as I start my second yr of the Masters program in a couple of weeks. :) And I can't wait for XTrain!

Colleen, I just did CSS straight, no premixes/bonus step. I'll have to try that one esp now that I have my own step. so excited! I'm so excited to try To The Max too! I have it on my weekly plan. I did CrossFire today and LOVED it. Thanks for all of your recommendations! :) Canoeing sounds fun...having to put up with family and bite your tongue a bunch...not so fun, lol. Sounds like you are having a great time though and your pics are great. I hope your mom is recovering well.

Carolyn, CSS totally packs a good punch in a short amount of time. Looking forward to doing it again.

Marie, if I'm remembering correctly you are the step Queen, right? CSS is such a good one. I'm going to have to start step slowly b/c it takes me a min to get the routines. So good for the mind I tell ya! Your nursery is so cute! You are very dedicated to working out! That is so great that you are slowing down and taking it easy to get ready for baby. It will be here before you know it!

Missy, You look great! I also LOVE Mexican food. I cook it often, as my husband loves it too. I have a couple of recipes on my site if your interested. :) So AWESOME that your hubby joined you with CATHE and is going to start STS next week. That's great.

Mary, Hope you are enjoying your weekend with your sister. Enjoy the Cape.

Jean, You give me hope for legs. Please tell me it gets better!?!

Betty, Yay for Cathe in peace! :) I'm in for abs accountability. :)

Meredith! I miss you! I think you are still gone for another week. Hope you're having a blast.

Have a great Labor Day!

Hi everyone! I am back, but I'm not even about to try to catch up with all of your posts! Let's just say I'm definitely ready to start STS fresh. I was good at working out for the first week, but not so good after that. Also, not so good in the eating department :( so, I'll be working on my 1RM this week and probably re-starting STS next week Monday. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holiday weekend!

Evening ladies!

Thank you so much for the compliments girls! I get very very self conscious in a bathing suit.:eek: I work my lower body like crazy and it's still not my favorite body part...darn short legs!:mad: I've had saddlebags my whole entire life and Cathe's workouts have finally allowed me to at least minimize those suckers! I finally feel like my legs at least look okay, not perfect, but okay. :p
Today's workout was High Reps. I've been making an effort to get at least one total body weight workout a week. Feels good! Eating this weekend was a bit of a disaster though. It's just really hard to eat healthy when we go out. We ate cheeseburgers and fries after canoeing Saturday, yesterday grilled brats and today we went out for lunch with the kids, too.:rolleyes: Time to get back on the wagon!

Tomorrow the kids go back to school and I can't decide if I'm happy or bummed about that. No choice, either way though!
I am excited about one thing. Today Mark and I went out and bought a king sized bed. The one I have right now is a queen size and it's 12 years old. I can NOT wait! Mr. Mark likes to toss and turn...I'm so excited to have room to sprawl out and hopefully not feel his moving around so much!

Jean- you asked about the other guys and what they think of the little weasel boyfriend and the answer is...they feel the same way the sisters do. The only one that sort of likes him is Arianna's boyfriend because they knew each other before. My sister Areka was like "well, we can just paddle our canoes faster!" lol Tolerance is a good thing...and alcohol:eek::eek:.

Meredith- welcome back! That's a bummer you have to start over with STS,
but at least now you sort of know what to expect. How did your trip go?

Si- that's so awesome you loved Crossfire! The endorphins you get with Hiit and tabata training are out of this world. I just love it! It's one reason I just could never give up cardio, even though I love what the weights have done for my body. If you loved CF you are really gonna love To the Max!:eek:

Marie- definitely do NOT feel guilty about the puzzle mats! They are very very important! I can't stress it enough. Those knees are so vulnerable and that shock absorption is so important. You don't want to develop knee issues like I did :(. It's also super important to keep making time for yourself...your workouts will be your savior! :D

Missy- that's so amazing that Tim worked out with you! I really hope he keeps it up. I'm like Carolyn, I'm sort of jealous! I really wish I could get Mark on board. He wants to, he just hasn't made that leap yet. He is getting out with Dylan and biking at least a few times a week, though, so that's something. :)

Okay, gotta run! Night!

Happy Tuesday! My daughter’s school doesn’t start until tomorrow (are we the latest in the nation or what?), so today is our official last day of summer. I did about an hour of 1RM testing this morning until my son woke up. It was so easy since I had my July sheets to work from. And… I definitely am stronger – even taking off for a few weeks. That felt nice. I am going to try to do all the 1RM exercises this time, though it’s going to take forever, so there’s no guess work during the program. I lucked out and found those Ryka Transpire shoes in my size, so I have fresh shoes to motivate me.

Jean, how sweet you are to have missed me. Way to go on your continued leg strength and endurance! You are inspiring!

Hi Carolyn! When you talk about not meeting your husband, are you talking about meeting him for lunch? I’m sure it’s probably something I missed not being here for a few weeks.

Colleen, sounds like I need to go back and check out some pics that you posted. I’m sure you look fabulous. I have made peace with myself and what my body looks like in a swimsuit in recent years. Not that I’m going to stop trying to improve things, but I’m not going to let not being perfect stop me from enjoying myself. And, as I’ve learned, some guys even actually like my shape – imperfections and all! Your king size bed sounds awesome! Enjoy it! When I got divorced a few years back I had to buy a new bed, so it was my big time splurge and I LOVE it!!!

Hi Si, Marie, Missy, Mary and Betty and hopefully I didn’t miss anyone! It’s good to be back.

Good Afternoon ladies! I thought I posted yesterday, but guess since I was off I got stuck in the recliner watching lifetime movies!!! I still got my workout in though!!!!

Today, got up and did 45 minutes on elliptical and then came to work!!!

Tonight is HST!!!! YEAH!! :eek:

Colleen---You look amazing! We all have flaws...mine is my legs also!!!! As much as you exercise, you should be proud!!!!

Meredith---I did STS the first time guessing.... the second time I took the time to do the 1RM's, and it made is so much more enjoyable!!! So my advise is take the time to do them. It pays off in the end!!!!

Hello to all.

School started here in GA 2 weeks ago!!!!

Okay, gotta run. BBL!!! :)

Colleen---Enjoy your KING bed!!! I am jelous. We have a queen, and sometimes it is not big enough. We are always picking on each other stating we are in mine or his space. Now, Tim thinks because I am smaller I need less room. Ha!!!! I always, tell him that 50% of this bed is mine regardless of size!!!!! :p

Jean---Enjoy you time with the hubby on his day off!!!!

I am off this Friday.....Going on vacation!!!!! Looking forward to it! I am planning on geting up early to squeeze in a Cathe workout before we go!!!! HEHEHE :D

Holy smokes Carolyn...you're never going to believe this but my middle name is actually Nicole! :eek: Freaky deaky! I'm so sorry about your knee problem. :( I can definitely relate. I know how much you love running, too. We're here to cheer you on and help get out of that funk and back into the workouts though! Have you ever thought of getting an elliptical? That would be a great steady state cardio without the impact and knee strain from running. It's definitely on my wish list as you know! :D

Today I did Cardio Supersets plus the bonus step. I really hope XTrain has more cardio like this one...low impact, sweaty goodness but not so crazy killer. I need more like this one! I use it so much. It's hard to tell from the descriptions of Xtrain exactly what they will all be like. Of course I know it'll be great! The only things of Cathe's I can't click with are the step videos and Turbobarre was okay but I don't reach for it much.

Missy- have fun on your vacation!! That was so funny about Tim saying you don't need as much bed space now. I'd blow a raspberry on that one! :p There's nothing like being able to sprawl. Whenever Mark gets up, if I can sleep in some my legs go all over the bed into his space. I'm like "ahhhhh!" :D

Meredith- that's awesome you were able to retain some strength after being off! Cool! Once those 1RM's are over you are going to have so much fun getting started again!

Better get back to work! :eek: TTYL

Jean----OMG!!!!! Now you have me pumped! I did some research a few months ago, says they are revamping BL and it will come on it January. I am so excited now...I just love watching Jillian on BL!!! She is motivational!!!! When she left the show, it went down hill quickly!!! I am sure she will bring it back!!! :D:D:D

Caroyln---Girl I know how you feel, I have slacked a little last month too. But, I got back on the wagon Sept 1st!!! Last month, I didn't do very many weight workouts. So, I am now getting back into it. And I can honestly say I missed it!!! I know your knee is what is causing you to be down. But, Colleen is right....I use my elliptical all the time. It is so much easier on the joints than running!!! Something to think about????? But, we are here for you!!!

Okay...my problem.....Fall is coming and all the stores are getting the fall candy out. I can pass on cookies, cakes, pies, candy all year long, but my flaw is CANDY CORN and CANDY CORN PUMPKINS by brachs. I know I will buy some and eat it. But I need to have portion control.....1 or 2 bags over they next few months is okay, but I have to limit myself.....not 10 bags!!!! :)

Okay, off to exercise!!!! BBL!!! :)

Hello All,
I'm getting ready to start my fourth week of Meso 1 and have a quick question. Could anyone please recommend a different exercise for the wall squat with the stability ball and weights? I've tried with no weights and I still get pain in my knee caps. It's probably the easiest exercise in the world and it's the one I need a sub for... go figure.

Hello All,
I'm getting ready to start my fourth week of Meso 1 and have a quick question. Could anyone please recommend a different exercise for the wall squat with the stability ball and weights? I've tried with no weights and I still get pain in my knee caps. It's probably the easiest exercise in the world and it's the one I need a sub for... go figure.

Hello GA Mom!!! I would do regular squats like Jean recommened. One question....Do you have good form, are you knees going over your toes? If so, you need to walk you feet out more. If you are not in good alignment, you will hurt yourself...pain???? Just a few pointers/questions. If you have good alignment and still have knee pain, modify, modify, modify....you would rather change the exercise for what works for you than have an injury and not be able to workout!!!!

Hope I helped! :)

GA Mom, did you try putting the weights up on something so you don't have to go so low to get them? Someone here recommended that and it really works. I use a small step on one side and the tall box riser on the other. If that doesn't work, regular squats are surely the best alternative exercise.

Carolyn, I am starting all over with Disk 1. I can't my ticker to reset. I'll probably never get that thing to work right :)

Good Morning ladies!!!

Got up bright and early and did my entire cardio workout!!! I am trying to get back to the hour workouts in the morning. I have been cutting them short, because I stay in bed to long!!! So this morning I was a good girl and got up when the alarm went off!!! hehehe :p

Off to work!!! Check back soon! :)

Good morning, all!

It has been downright tropical the past two days. Downpours going now! If it's Wednesday, it must be humid, and all that. Wait, I've been typing so long that there's a bit of sun peeking through!

I only managed to do 46 mins of Zumba yesterday, after two weeks of no exercise. Not much of a workout, but I tried hard to move my core a lot. Back to some Cathe this morning.

Kids started school yesterday. Back to the crazy September routine of school paperwork, school open houses, teacher meetings. Last night, like idiots we went to Staples to get two notebooks. I stuck it out, even though there were about 100 people in line! Less than 25 mins of waiting, but never again.:mad:

Missy, has Tim calculated his 1RMs yet? High five to him for doing a Cathe workout! (Great promotion too!) Nice job getting right up when the alarm went off. Very tough to do the last two mornings when it is so dark with rainclouds. Don't worry about the candy corn; you work out twice a day. Hard for me to pass cookies, cake, ice cream:eek:. For me in the fall, it's caramel apples!:eek:

Carolyn and Colleen, that is some strange coincidence on the name Nicole. I find that stuff like that happens more often that you expect. Makes it so interesting.

I agree with you gals about the muffin top coming on fast. I've definitely got a noticeably puffier one after Canada. Back to business.

Carolyn, it's all right to feel out of sorts. You'll get back into the routine in no time. If you must stay off your knee, maybe it's time to attack Cathe step this fall!:eek: Eating out is definitely a waist expander for me too. Crazy the calories lurking out there ready to glom on to us!

Missy and Jean, that is exciting news about Jillian! Not the part about having only one season though. But my butt thanks them for it. One fewer season to plant myself and watch 2 hours.

Meredith, welcome back. Where did you go? It's good to have that STS experience when you restart it. Knowing a little of what to expect makes it less tornadoey?

Si, nice job on the new Cathe cardio dvds! Maybe I'll do one of the new ones or LIS today. Enjoy year 2 of your Masters program!

Marie, don't feel guilty about the mats. Your knees need the protection. I have carpeting on top of a concrete slab. How about that iPad? That is one neat product.

Mary, after the girls go back to school, enjoy a little bit of time to yourself.

GAMom, I would agree with the modifications that Meredith and Jean mentioned. Nice going finishing 3 weeks already!

Carolyn, what's got you so sore?

Sorry about the novel!

Hey all-

I'm replying from my iPad :)

Typing on this touch screen is kind of hard though so I'm gonna keep it short for now. I do love this thing though!!!

Yesterday I got some pregnant workout DVDs at the library. LOL....what a joke! I should have just gotten some easier workouts.....next time that is what I will do. I did Denise Austin Fit n Firm Pregnancy. There were 3- 20 min workouts on them and I did all 3 and didn't even break a sweat. Oh well....nice to not feel the need to push myself lately. The girls in the videos were using 3 lb weights. It was too funny! Don't worry..this Cathlete went heavier than that.

Headed to the basement in a bit to try out another one I got. It's a post natal workout so hopefully it will be a little better. I work today at 3 and will go on my walk during my lunch break so that will get some movement in too.

Ok I'll be back later.

Have a good day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.