STS first time!

I don't want to be alarmist Sherry, but maybe check with your doctor about the 9 lb fluctuation? That sounds like a lot...2-3 temporary lbs from weight training sure but 9 sounds a little alarming to me. Maybe your doc would want to check your kidney/adrenal function just in case? Is this the very first time that's happened? Sodium really is a big culprit for a lot of people and is hidden in a lot of unexpected foods. I hope everything comes out okay!!

Okay, hubby is giving me crap for not paying attention to him while on the computer! Time to give him some love!;)
Colleen

Good evening! Okay, I just finished Disc #2. I am finding that I am alot stronger than I thought!!!!:D

I have been doing the LIS series, lifting with those workouts. But I am grabbing heavier weights here. Thats a good thing! I want to me muscualr like the Cathe crew!!! haha

Cammie----I do undertand!! I do miss the other workouts now that I am doing STS. I havent done any of the LIS since last week and already miss them. I will add some of them in on my off days though!!! Make sure you stop in and chat with us!!!

As for the ocd housekeeper... I can understand where you are coming from. I have a large dog and 2 cats inside and 2 horses outside. I am always cleaning up. Finding time to clean is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Luckily my husband will help on the weekends!!!

Chat with ya'll soon!:)

I'm still here... just lurking even though I should be doing some reading for this class.

Jean - I will more than likely do the 3 month rotation the next time around. I also think I'll do those dang 1RM's too. It just seemed like such a daunting thing though, but I can see how it makes things so much easier instead of just guessing.

Sherry - Give it another week and see what happens. Maybe lifting heavier in meso 2 will shock your body enough to drop the weight? It's worth a try.

Ok ok... back to my reading.

I think this is the most active thread on the forums these days, I have a hard time keeping up with all the posts!

I got up early to get my workout in, I did Disc 6. Even though my weights were not super heavy, I had a hard time with some of the moves. Those sit and stands were very difficult for me for some reason, I could not get my body aligned right.

Cammie, sorry you will not be sticking with STS for now. I did do the 1RM tests - they took some effort but it makes the workouts easier to know what weights to grab. I probably could have spent more time doing them because now some of my worksheets come up without the weights, but then I just add them in afterwards.

Carolyn, you do not look the way I had pictured you. I pictured you with short dark hair for some reason. I hear you on the house cleaning. I have a friend with 4 kids, and every time I've been in her house it is spotless. There are no papers, magazines, nothing lying around. We always have a huge pile of papers on the counter.

Have a good day everyone!

Mary

Well, unfortunately I had to put off today's workout. Lydia was playing with her brother last night and some how hurt her thumb while they were wrestling. She must have pulled her thumb back or something. We iced it and comforted her last night but it was hurting her all last night so I made an appointment with the doctor early this morning. No fracture, thank goodness, just a bit of a sprain I guess. She said the tendons and ligaments got a bit stretched and it's swollen but that with kids this age it heals really quickly within a few days. Poor baby!:( Makes the indoor water park we're going to this weekend a little tougher but hopefully she'll be okay and up for swimming.

I was going to do disc 17 (legs) this morning and CCC tomorrow but now I think I'm going to have push legs to tomorrow and skip the cardio. I feel like it's more important to get that STS workout in. It might not be such a bad thing to hold off on legs today since my hamstrings are still a bit tight and sore for Trisets LB on Tuesday! The only thing that stinks is my husband has tomorrow off so I'm going to have to haul all my crap out to the living room to workout since he'll be sleeping in.:mad::( I usually save CCC for those days I have to workout in the living room since there is no equipment involved. Oh well!
Have a great day everybody!
Colleen

Oh Carolyn- I forgot to say how cute your pictures were! I love the one of you and your friend covered with mud!:D Looks like fun! That's so funny how you said you couldn't see my little profile pic because of your eyes! LOL Time for glasses maybe?? I have the worst prescription too, I'm really near sighted and without my contacts in I have to hold anything I want to see really close to my face. Thank goodness for contacts! I look way too serious in my glasses!:cool: You guys want to hear something really goofy? I actually do my own refraction. Yep, you read that right. I sit in the exam chair by myself and do the refraction to myself in silence, clicking the lenses on the phoropter away! I don't trust anyone else to do it! :p

I'll have to figure out how to upload more pictures in my profile that aren't just the profile pic. I don't have too many of myself either actually! Us mom's always wind up behind the camera!

Good Afternoon!!!

mfv3---yes I enjoy the horses. They are alot of work though. But it is worth it. Equine therapy is the best. My husband and I have had them for about 15 years. And I still enjoy them.

Did my cardio this am. Looking forward to my evening workout!!! Not sure what is on the calendar today.

I have only been at STS since monday, I did see some water weight but today its gone. Hopefully, no more. I am okay with it as long as it is not massive and it goes away. Will keep ya up date on that.

Chat with ya later!:D

Jean- I know what you mean! I'm pretty good at being able to read people and if they need me to slow down or repeat (or I can tell they are anxious) I do that. I think some doctors are in such a dang hurry because of their schedules or just plain impatience that they rush through the lenses. I hate when I hear stories about how some people are made to feel bad or stupid by their doc because they wanted them to slow down:mad:. Some docs just do NOT have any sort of human contact skills! One thing to keep in mind when you are having an eye exam is that to answer "looks the same" is totally okay to say, it's actually what we're looking for. When you refract someone you are actually doing a lot of bracketing, so sometimes the answer will be the same, but it won't always be perfect with either lens. That's when we know we can move on to the next phase. Also, sometimes a person isn't able to get to 20/20 due to cataracts or something with the cornea, etc.
As far as Lasik- Betty, it depends on your prescription. Do you have the numbers? There are also other factors too. Like, if your corneas are too thin you may not be a candidate...although they would have to check that when they work you up. Also, if you are at the point you need bifocals in addition to your distance prescription, then if you get Lasik it will be like you are wearing your contacts for distance all the time...you'll need reading glasses to see up close. One way to get around that is to laser one eye to get 20/20 for distance and leave the other eye slightly nearsighted for reading (which will make it still be a little blurry for far away though). I was telling the girls on another thread I post on that I still haven't gotten Lasik myself because I'm actually too nervous and cheap! I figure as long as I'm happy with my contact lenses why bother? My sister did have it though and she is happy with it. Her eyes are a little dry sometimes from it but it doesn't seem to be too bad.
Okay, gotta get back to work LOL! I'm busy today and yet I'm still finding time to come on here!:eek:

Peachtree City is just south of Atlanta--- I live 4 hours south of Atlanta. Thomasville is only about 45 minutes north of the florida/georgia line.

I have a eye question.... I have horrible vision. I have to wear my glasses all day every day if I want to see anything. I always get glasses, but last year I opted to try contacts. I have to wear a toric (spelling???) lenses in one eye. That lenses feels so different from the other that I just cant seem to wear them. Is there any brand I should try that would make the feel better? I currently have the air optics???? thanks in advance for the consultation!!!:)

:):)

Sorry to take over the thread with eye stuff guys! I just wanted to respond to you quick Missy about the contacts.:) I like and fit AirOptix a lot (wear them myself) but I do find that torics in general can be challenging for some people to tolerate, especially when it's only in one eye. They are a little thicker and when you have one lens that you can feel more than the other it can be irritating. I do find for some reason that people who don't like AirOptix seem to like a brand called Biofinity. Something about the way the two lenses are made...quite often if someone likes one they don't like the other brand...so it may be worth checking out. There is also Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism. Those are a little thinner on the edge so some people like how they feel better, although that is a 2 week disposable instead of monthly so they can get a bit pricier than the other because you have to buy more boxes. Incidentally, I have small amount of astigmatism in one eye that I just elect not to correct because I can't tolerate the feeling in any lenses I've tried! I'm so sensitive, like a delicate flower!:eek:;) It's fine with my prescription since it's just a wee bit.:)

Okay, back to exercise!:eek: Tee Hee! I really don't mind questions though guys! Fire away!:D

Thanks so much for the responce about my eyes. I really do appreciate it!!!:)

Back to the really topic here...exercise!!!

Tonight is my cardio night. I am going to do 60 min of running on the treadmill tonight. (like in a few minutes) And, tomorrow---Disc#3 (legs)

So excited!!!! :D

Jean--- I go up and down from 4 mph- 6mph. I start out walking at 2.5 and work my way up to 4mph. Then I go up and down. Then I cool down for about 10 minutes at 3.4. I know its crazy, but it is helping me lose some unwanted pounds. :D

I'm ready for the biggest loser!!! hahaha
They would never call any of us because we are familar with exercise!! ;)

That so sweet that he wanted to workout with you. (And I mean brave) My husband would never attempt AT. He says Cathe is to hardcore for him. haha! And he is also very uncorrdinated.

Hope everybody has a happy FRIDAY!!!!! :D

Hey Marie! That is so awesome your hubby did AT with you! I would kill to have my husband do Cathe with me! It would be so much fun! Of course, I would be secretly giggling watching him knowing how uncoordinated he'd be but it would be so cool to see him try! With the LASIK, are you guys -2.00 and -4.50 or +2.00/+4.50? Minus powers (near sightedness) with a small to moderate amount of astigmatism are perfect candidates for LASIK. Far sighted people or large amounts of astimatism not so much. Assuming your corneas are thick enough you should be good! One thing, up in the Twin Cities, there is one Lasik center in Edina I wouldn't actually recommend. SHHH, I don't want anyone to think I'm slandering but they are pretty bad:confused:. I've had patients from LaCrosse go up there without telling me and it wasn't a good outcome. They pretty much will laser anyone whether they are a good candidate or not and with this particular husband and wife, didn't even bother to worry about coordinating follow up care back in LaCrosse. They just sort of let them go like, okay see ya later!:mad:. Minnesota Eye Consultants is pretty good up there though. I really like Dr. Samuelson there. He is very thoughtful and doesn't rush through his surgery. I followed him for a day to observe and I really liked him.

Okay, I have to get off the computer if I'm going to get disc 17 in today! :eek:

Wow, so hard to keep up with all the posts on this thread! I weighed myself this morning and lost another pound, so I've lost 7 of the 9 lbs I gained last week. I changed NOTHING else this week other than doing only cardio, no weights (not even circuit workouts). I also don't consume a lot of sodium as I rarely eat pre-packaged foods. Also, not on my cycle. Therefore, the weight training from STS caused me to retain this much water. CRAZY, but true. I still might quit the program - not sure.

Carolyn- Cute pictures! Thanks for posting. One of these days I'll figure out how to post some. I have always wanted to do the Warrior Dash....sounds like so much fun!

Sherry- I'm assuming you weighed yourself in the morning, but if not that would make a huge difference. I did feel bloated during my first few weeks of STS, but I feel like I'm leaning up now. Keep at it!

Mary- Sit-n-Stands are rough. I only use a 15 too!

Missy- You have 2 horses?! I'm jealous! My bf just got one and I am out there every week to enjoy her. Love me some equine therapy :)

Well DH just told me he doesn't want to go to the gym today but instead workout with me downstairs. This is a first...well a second actually. He did HiiT 30/30 with me awhile back. Thinking AT...easier than AB....not too complex with the choreography...and I do have 2 steps :) This should be interesting! I'll keep ya all posted!

STS legs this morning was killer! I feel cramping in my left upper quad a lot. I've been stretching and stretching...whew! I can tell those DOMS are a'coming! Don't have much time to post but I wanted to say good-bye for a few days. As soon as I get home we're going to take off for the resort, so I don't think I'll be able to post again until Sunday. Ahhh, I can already feel the withdrawal setting in!!:eek::eek:
Have a great weekend ladies!
Colleen

Just started last week myself - I'll have to pop over to the other thread. I'm on my second attempt - I made it half-way through Meso 2 last time before an injury interrupted me. I forgot how much I love this series.

Good Afternoon! I just finished Disc#3 (legs) and I also did Ab Circuits-no equipment abs.

I feel amazing!

Jean---thanks for the encouraging words. It feels nice to know if I hit a bump in the road or just need advise you would be there. thanks again.:)

Colleen---Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

Carolyn---Congrats on finishing Meso 2!!!:eek: Are you excited to start Meso 3?

Betty---think about it before you decide to sale meso 2/3/squat. Maybe you can continue with lighter weights? or just give it a break and decide to start again later.

Have a lovely evening!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.