STS first time!

Good Morning! I got up at 5 am, did my hour of cardio and went off to work. So proud of myself!!!! Looking forward to turbo barre this afternoon. It's the only thing keeping me going this morning. It is so hard to get up an hour earlier than normal. :)

I did Athletic Training (leg cardio express premix) this morning. Gotta love those firewalker exercises!! I love STS a lot...but has anyone noticed their cardio capacity decrease since starting it? I haven't had the time to do as much cardio as I used to and I noticed this morning I was really huffing it on the step portion of AT. Part of it may be this darn cold that is just sort of lingering on too. I've been congested for a few weeks now. I sometimes think I may have very mild exercise induced asthma too. I had severe pneumonia when I was about 4 or 5 years old where they hospitalized me for a week...of course that was the 1970's. I think nowadays they just send you home with some antibiotics! Anyway, it's a good thing I never smoked because I've never quite had the lung capacity I always thought I should.

Have fun with Turbo Barre Missy and Marie! I'm jealous!!:cool:

Later girls!
Colleen

Good evening ladies!!! I just finished turbo Barre! I have been up since 5 am. I am surprised I am still going. But, I am addicted to this forum!!!

Colleen---Have you taken anything for your cold? I work at an internal medicine practice, and everybody is getting that cold/congestion bug. It seems to be getting better here in south georgia. It was so bad in December and January the pharmacies were running out of antibiotics. And yes, it seems that everyone gets a sniffle and thinks they need antbiotics. I try to stay away from them, so when I really need them they will work!!! :)

Jean----Get a good nights rest so we can get up early and do our cardio. :eek:

Marie---How did you like Turbo barre? I really like it, but I end up feeling like I still need to do some cardio to burn some additional calories. But, I am still trying to lose a few more pounds??? If I was just maintaining, I think it would be amazing on its own!!! :eek:

Tomorrow, is just a normal day for me. Up at 6 am and on the treadmill and then off to work.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening!!!

That was interesting about your night in the psych unit Marie! Do you ever find that things get a little crazier around the full moon? Of course that wouldn't make sense for you last night since we're at the new moon right now. I don't usually buy into superstition but we always seem to notice we get stranger patients and encounters around the full moon:confused:!
I know what you mean about wanting to get more cardio in. I was always such a cardio bunny it's tough to get used to doing less! It's sort of nice in a way though doing something different. I haven't gained any weight at all (may have even lost 1 lb but it's tough to tell for sure since my weight fluctuates 2-3 lbs throughout the day) while doing less cardio with STS. I seem to be getting leaner so I think that means my body fat % is going down...yay! I can't wait to do kettlebells again though! I really miss swinging that bell!:D

Missy- I know how you feel about trying not to take antibiotics. I figure it's just a virus and antibiotics wouldn't help (unless I developed bacterial pneumonia or sinusitis of course!). My senior research project in college was about the over use of antibiotics and antibiotic resistance so I try to be sensitive to that and only use them when really necessary. I've been really tempted to take some Sudafed though :eek:...I haven't given in yet;). It's the only thing that really clears me out when I'm super congested but I hate how that stuff keeps me awake. Even if I take it in the morning I still lay awake that night all strung out on it! No wonder they make meth with that stuff!!:eek:

Carolyn I hope your having fun with your sister! We miss you!:p That krispy kale does sound interesting. I wonder if I could get my family to eat it with me. I swear if the color is green my son just looks at me like I'm crazy!:rolleyes:

Have a great workout today Jean and Betty! :) I think today for me will be STS disc 20...legs! I'm getting crazy DOMS from these Meso 2 leg discs!:eek:
Later girls!
Colleen

Hello, first time poster to this thread...thank you for the kind invites, missyt and marazoe! :)

I finished Meso 1 a little over a week ago, had my rest week; yesterday did Meso 2, Disc 14 Legs. Ouch, Ouch Ouch...dang those dratted paper plates-they bite me every time!!! Meso 2 has a whole different feel to it than Meso 1; I think I"m not working because it's hypertrophy rather than endurance, then can hardly move the next day! :eek: With legs though, I really broke a sweat and was huffing at the end of each tri-set. I'm amazed at how much weight Cathe and her crew lift-sometimes I can match it, but on the bench press, there's just no way I'm even close! :eek:

Today's a cardio day-maybe Paul Katami's kettlebell drills if my legs aren't too sore...:eek:

I used to work in an emergency room and absolutely respect the power of the full moon! :eek: "Sundowners" is another interesting phenomenon-small children and the elderly always seem to get agitated and restless in the early evening hours...

Last edited:
Hi Zippity! You go on VF forum too right? I'm eyefit over there!:) I had intended to use that as my username on here but I messed up when I registered and put in my email address instead:eek:. I couldn't change it without using a different email to register so I just kept it...cokonkel it is! Hee. This is a great group of girls here! It's really helping me to stay focused and committed to STS. I love it!

I just finished disc 20 Meso 2 legs and I feel like a total rock star:D! I'm really challenging myself so much more with the leg weights than I ever intended. I didn't think I would like going heavy with legs but I am loving the challenge and results!! I was sweating bullets today! It's crazy how basic the exercises are with Meso 2 and yet I am totally drenched at the end. I thought by looking at the workout sheets that Meso 2 legs would seem sort of boring compared to Meso 1 but I'm not finding that as I do it. I also have been pyramiding the weights to make it more interesting. Like today, I did the first triset with 15 lbs, then the 2nd time through I wore my 8lb vest with the 15 lb dumbells, then the 3rd time I kept the vest on and did 20 lb dumbells. I actually kept 15 lbs with all the sliding disc exercises though. Those are tough enough with 15:eek:!
Carolyn-I'm so happy you're noting the definition you want! Yay!
ttyl girls!
Colleen

ETA: I just uploaded a pic of Mark and I from this past weekend. :)

Last edited:
Welcome zippity!

I got up and did my cardio this morning. I am now at work! I have been running errands all morning for the office. Finally back at my desk!!!

Sundowners is crazy. We treat the elderly alot with it.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!!:)

Jean--- Congrats on your elliptical success!!! Keep up the good work!!! :eek:

Carolyn--- What kind of puppy are you getting?:) Puppies are the best, you just want to snuggle with them!

Back to work, chat with ya'll later!!!:)

Betty--- I'm proud of you for working out yesterday!!! How did it feel to add in a day? I have working out twice a day for awhile. It took some time to get use to it. I just switch up my dvd's each night. Cardio is always my morning task. I feel much better with the exercise. And I am still trying to lose a few more pounds. I am enjoying the toned look also. I think it is very sexy on a women to look fit not just skinny!!!!:D

I added the ticker. I was wondering where that option was. Thanks for the info.:eek:

Good evening!!!! Just finished my workout!!! I am exhausted!!! I will be heading to bed shortly. Tomorrow is another long day. Up at 5am. Thank god tomorrow and next Tuesday are the last of these crazy long days. It is so hard to get out of bed at 5 am. :(

Carolyn---I hope all goes well for your puppy. :)

Chat with everyone tomorrow! :D

Have a nice evening!

Going to go to bed here soon...:)
Carolyn- I totally want to start doing more abs too! I actually did a little on Monday night. Do you guys have any of the 10 minute solution dvds? I really like their pilates ones. They have several and they work great for a quick little ab work. I did 2 sections of Quick sculpt pilates from that series. It comes with this small squishy ball that you use with the workout. I really like that one! I really need to do more ab work...I used to be so good about it! I was thinking about doing one from Cathe's ab circuits tonight but..um, nope going to bed instead! lol Good luck with the puppy!!

Thank you for the compliment Jean! I told Mark he looked like a man's man tonight. Hee! He's so funny when we take pictures. We have to take at least 5 pics before we get one where he's smiling normally. He usually has this weird grimace on his face when the camera goes off!
As far as the ellipitical...we're starting to get worried that she changed her mind! We've been trying to call her all week to arrange a time to pick up the dang thing and she hasn't returned our calls:mad:. She seemed so nice so I'm hoping she's just really busy getting ready to move rather than the possibility that she found someone who would pay her more...:(

Congratulations on getting another workout in Betty! I know what you mean by cardio being a first love. I'm really starting to feel the love for this lifting though! More than I ever thought I would, that's for sure.:D

Cammie-I hope your still checking in here! Tempted to start STS again?:p Be sure to post and let us know how you're doing!

Marie I hope LIC went okay for you. I am thinking about maybe trying some of Cathe's step workouts again. I was totally frustated with the choreography when I tried them last year. I'm thinking I need to get a cardio club step rather than the reebok one I have. I think if I could try it on a 4 inch step it might be easier to learn the routines. The lowest the old Reebok one goes is 6 inches.

Good luck getting up again at 5am Missy!! You are a tougher soldier than me.;) I think my workouts would suffer if I had to get up that early to do it!

Jen- are you still out there? Are you still doing STS?

Holy Novel! Time to go to bed!! :p
Night!

Good Morning all. I sucessfully did my hour of cardio this morning. And am off to work in a few minutes.

Colleen--- Watch ebay for the cathe step. I bought mine on there in January for $10.18 brand new, $10.00 shipping, so a total of $20.18. The listing went off at 3:30 am on a saturday morning. And you know it, I set my alarm clock and got up to get in on the bidding. My heart was racing a hundred miles a minute with excitement. And when I won, of course I got my husband up to celebrate. I was so excited. (crazy me!!!) I have now purchased more risers and the slanted risers. I absolutley love the step. :eek:

But, yes try in on 4 inches and the step workout become more learnable.

Okay, I have to go now, talk to ya soon.:)

Hello everyone! :)

As requested, here are a few personal details: I'm 49, live in north Alabama, married 20 years; DH and I have two children, 8 and 18 (zippity Jr in my avatar was about three years old in that pic). I don't work now for health reasons, but I have a business and medical background, additional details are in my personal profile. I'm a total workout dvd fanatic, and Cathe is my favourite for many reasons; the quality of her productions, quality and intensity of the workouts; they're just never boring for me. I also admire a gal who can do the entire workout AND talk...anyone who has taught fitness classes knows how truly difficult this is! Other workouts I enjoy are kettlebells, yoga, and running, and some of the other fitness dvds I enjoy are Amy Dixon, Paul Katami, Patrick Goudeau, Rushfit, P90X, Insanity, Steve Cotter, Leslie Sansone, Jillian Michaels, and Bob Harper.

I'm a member of VF under the same username. :)

Yesterday's workout ended up being Slide and Glide, cardio segment only; Star Trainers, Kendall Hogan segment; and 2 miles on the treadmill.

I haven't done today's workout yet (stalling) so will check in again later.

It's really nice to talk to others who are also doing STS! :D

Hi ladies!
I really hope we hear from this lady on the elliptical soon. Like you guys said, it would be so crappy of her to reverse course on something we already agreed on! At the very least she could call and let us know so we aren't left hanging and wondering.:(

Today's workout was Cardio Supersets from LIS. I love that one! I often will do the premix with the whole workout and the bonus step portion, but then skip the intervals 5,6, and 8 (that's what I did today). Those are the ones with the disc moves which are hard on my knees (cross country ski, disc jacks and momentum lunges). If I have more time I'll do the intervals but take those moves to the rebounder and that works really well.

Tonight is my son's music program at school. I got him these dress clothes and he looks so cute...clip on tie and all!:p Of course I had to get Lydia a pretty dress too even though she's not in the program. She's already crazy about clothes! It's so funny, she'll wear her dresses around the house like she's a princess. She also changes about 5 times a day so mom ends up with ALOT of laundry!:eek:

Have a great day everyone!

Good Afternoon ladies!!!! Today has been crazy!!!!! Everybody is calling demanding an appointment with the Dr. They all think they are dieing!!!! My receptionist had eye surgery today so I am working up front!!!! Talk about wanting to pull out my hair!!!! All I can say is.... I can't wait till 5pm.

Today workout is CCC---so exited! It normally kicks my butt! I will be so ready for bed afterwards!!! And yes I do sleep well. Within 5 minutes of my head hitting the pillow I am in LALA land!! And don;t wait up till my alarm goes off!!! :eek:

I absolutely love deals. I am a sucker for sales!!! Any chance I get to bargin shop I am there!!!!!

Gotta Go---- Talk with ya later!!!!:)

well, the lady finally called me back. No go on the elliptical.:( She is claiming that she decided to keep it but both Mark and I suspect she's lying. She mentioned that she didn't realize how much it was worth originally when she talked to Mark about it and someone else had offered her $650. She said she was going to give it to us because she had promised it to us first, but apparently she changed her mind. She didn't even give us the chance to offer her more money for it! Then on the phone with me just now she was going on and on about how bad she feels and that she wants to give me the rest of her personal trainer sessions that she has since she can't use them before she leaves. She literally would not stop talking about this personal trainer...on and on...I'm like I'm not interested in a personal trainer! Dang it. I'm almost in tears right now I'm so disappointed...:(:confused:

Last edited:
Hello everyone! :)

Today was another cardio day; a 4 mile walk outside, then Element Ballet Conditioning this afternoon. :cool:

Has anyone included Athletic Training or Tri Sets into the STS rotation? I suppose these would be classified as a fourth weight training day. I want to do these dvds but can't really figure out how to include them in the current rotation. :confused:

I'm wanting Turbo Barre too; I wasn't interested at first because of my personal bias thinking Cathe isn't a dancer blah blah blah, but opened my mind, watched the video, and was impressed-like everything else she does a fantastic job with Turbo Barre.:)

Last edited:
Good Evening to all!!!

Colleen--So sorry to hear about the elliptical. I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason". Hopefully another one will come your way. Have you looked on craigslist? People always think that a piece of exercise equipment is magically going to melt aways there unwanted pounds. And then they get it and figure out that they actually have to use it for it to work. So then they list it for sale. hahaha. I am so bad!!! :eek: But seriously there is normally some really nice equipment on there for dirt cheap!!! Hopefully you will find one soon!!!

Zippity-- I do incorporate AT and Turbo Barre and Tri Sets and all the other LIS DVD's. Normally I would add the weight DVD's after the Legs STS DVD. I am on a M/W/F schedule with STS. So normally Saturday I do Tri Sets (my fav DVD, I do they entire workout though). Turbo Barre you could do anyday! Also look under rotations---there is a STS/LIS Roatation. Hope this helps!!!

I have to go do my evening training! Be back later!!!:p

Hello Everyone!

I am still doing STS, I just don't have much time to post. I finished up week 3 of Meso 1. I have never done a rotation before so I am really pleased. I loved the leg workout on Disc 9, it felt really good. And my band snapped while I was doing chinups, so I'll have to go out and get another one. I wish I had the tower but will have to wait a bit on that. I looked ahead to Disc 10 and saw all those pushups again, so I need to get myself mentally prepared. The discs for chest really wear me out!

Colleen, sorry about the elliptical falling through. Hopefully another bargain will come your way.

Missyt, you are amazing doing 2 workouts a day. I wish I could get up early to get my workouts in, but when 5AM comes around I just can't face it.

Carolyn, hope you had fun with your sister. Is she still visiting? My sisters live in CA so I only get to see them once a year usually.

Betty, glad you are sticking with STS. I looked ahead at some of my weights for Meso 2 and I think I will have to buy more weights for my barbell. It was funny, I bought a pair of 30lb dumbbells at Walmart, and the cashier, an older woman, could not believe they were for me. She kept saying 'Oh my God, what are you going to do with those?', and I had to move them so she could scan them and then I put them in my cart. I guess she had never heard of women lifting weights!

Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.