STS first time!

Good morning! We have LOTS of snow. Whiteout conditions. Work and dr appt cancelled.
Haven't worked out yet. Think I'll pay my bills and start split pea soup on slow cooker first.

Carolyn, how FAB you slept till 9!!!!!!
We slept later and I hate it. Wasted an hour or two sleeping! I'll blame it on the plumbing place calling, then my doc's office calling and interrupting our sleep this morning.
Multitasking like mad now....

Don't feel bad about hormonal horrors, the invisible, uncontrollable thing that comes over you...
Off to work out. I'm thinking PUB/PLB combo. We shall see.
The house smells heavenly with the scents wafting from crockpot!

Afterburn this morning :) Then we had swimming lessons. It was the first time the parents didn't get in the pool with the kids and he did awesome. I'm just so proud of him!

Betty enjoy your workout! Your split pea soup sounds amazing. And yes that molten lava cake is to die for that's for sure!

Carolyn I would definitely blame it on your period. I did that just last week as I mentioned. So far today I'm back on track thank goodness. This weekend was all about wine, chocolates and not eating the healthiest and I could feel it. Have fun with the kids! What a fun mom you are with the hot fudge sundaes :)

Jean good job on the workout. I'm so sorry about all the sadness going around in your neighborhood. That is really hard to see. You gave me a reality check when you said your mother was 36 when you were born. That means I would be 70 and working out with my kids if we do the same my mom and I do. That's crazy to think!

Go Pats! I didn't even watch the superbowl but I definitely wanted them to win. We have lots of friends in the Boston area.

Little man got a 10 minute nap in on the car ride home. I tried to transfer him to his bed but it didn't work today. He's just playing like a good boy right now but I better join him.

Tonight we are going bowling with friends. Actually it will just be the kids bowling. We requested the lane with bumpers and the thing that helps roll the ball down the lane. I'm sure they will love it!

Marie, we are getting more snow this winter than you!
Thumbs up to B. So proud of him!
Carolyn, sundaes and Clue--what could be better?!
I just finished PUB/PUB. It was KILLER! My heart is thudding so hard that I haven't stretched yet! The step-ups and lunges made my heart rate POUND! Here is the equipment I used. Wait, how the heck do I attach a pic??

I just tried it again and this time it worked. Exactly what I did earlier.
Freezing here, and we will go out after dinner to shovel and blow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 13
I did the Combo. You'd like Lower. It's the killer leg presses, squats, and lunges that did me in!
My house is pretty unimpressive. Notice the orangey shag rug below? I have a '40s ranch converted to a garrison colonial. Uninspired plain jane ranch, I'll add. That's why I'd give an arm and leg for a new house like yours, Jean!
I have bony hands and need the gloves!

Good morning!
Yes, the Encore boots. (Odd, the link just brought me right there.) Have you tried eBay for the Cate boots?
No school again. Stumbled out of bed at 6:30 since I have a workday at plumbing place and will start at my earliest ever--8 am!
I am suffering from lots of overnight warm flashes. I am a ?peri-menopausal mess.:-/

Hello friends...Im really sick again....thats why I have not checked in. Yesterday I didnt even go to work.... Today I had to as I had to be here 1 hr early to start city exams.... I am not feeling well at all. Body aches, chills, just feel aweful. with horrible cough and indigestion again.... eRRRR! i will try to catch up later if I feel like it, but I prob will not.... All i can think about is going to bed....

Hope everyone is doing okay!

Quick check in for me. I have to get b out of the bath soon. We got some new bubbles at Target after storytime today and he just had to try them out :)

I did AT this morning! That's always a good one :)

Jean, so sorry for your mil's passing!
Oh Missy, I'm so sorry! I hope you don't have the flu! That just plain sucks!
What a cute visual you paint, Marie! B in the tub humming away as he blows bubbles!
Carolyn, that must have been the same one I did a couple of weeks back. I love that abs are mixed in there, and some moves are new to us. Which is the HC move??
What a long day at work!

Jean I'm so sorry about your MIL. Condolences to you and dh.

Missy Oh no :( Feel better soon!!!! When you do, jump in on the challenge too. I miss you already. Oh I made energy balls with pb2....amazing!!!

Betty Love the pic! I have lifting gloves but never use them. I need a topper. It's the only piece I'm missing. Well that and dixie cups. Do you all use them?

Carolyn Love your pic too :) You should home school ds. Ok has anyone done that? The thought had come up in our house but I worry about the social aspect.

I had my appt today and like I thought, it is a cyst. It should just go away on its own so that's good.

A boy about 10yo came to our house about an hr ago and said he was trying to earn money for groceries for his family and could he shovel our driveway for $5. Of course we said yes and along with money gave him a bag of groceries. Breaks my heart! He was so sweet. Then get this, he comes back with his younger brother and gave us a thank you note. I got all teary!

I just ate way too many tortilla chips with bean salsa dip that dh made. I feel bloated! I didn't eat enough today so I just kept chowing. Ugh!

Good morning. I'm feeling a bit low and I think it's because of my menopausal symptoms hitting me all at once, my doc's appt being postponed by snow (and I need to talk to her!), all this never-ending snow (more tomorrow and Monday) and bitter cold, and my plumbing boss going through health issues (just getting diagnosed now). Chin up, right?
I did LI HiiT 2 with Abs 2. The stretch consisted of a child's pose and an upward dog. CanNOT be considered one! I added the formal one on.
Between PUB/PLB and today's cardio and abs, I'm perfectly covered. I hadn't done the former in years! I am achy from it. All over, but moderately. I think my heart rate was pounding from that more than HiiT!
Marie, I could never homeschool. I don't have the persoanlity for it!
How will you treat your cyst? ACV on it?
What a sobering story about the neighbors. How sweet of them to be grateful! Now you can keep your eye on them.
I agree, Carolyn, that personality whether homeschooled or not would end up being similar. And I've heard of the homeschooling groups too.
Jean, I finally watched This Is Where I Leave You. Finally! I enjoyed it.
Plumbing place today.

Ds is just having the hardest time with bedtime lately. He cries and pounds his body against the door. Poor guy! We brought him out with us, stayed up till 11 and then all slept in our bed.

LL&A this morning then school. He did great :) but when we got home he threw up :( He had a bite of my yogurt and then got all gaggy. Hopefully it's nothing. No fever but taking it easy just in case. We haven't watched tv in awhile so I'm trying not to feel guilty as we sit here snuggling with George on.

Carolyn That's great to hear about your sis. Very encouraging! I'll have to look into it with more detail. I like to hear that about the personalities too. I have two friends, sisters in fact, that were homeschooled and they are very much homebodies. I am too and I went to public school so I really do think personality is more so innate.

Betty Sorry you're feeling down. Lots going on. At least you got your workout in. Way to go! Apparently my cyst will just resolve on its own which I kind if figured. If not, MRI to confirm then incision and drainage. ..ugh! I hate being a patient. This was the first time I had even been to a primary dr. What's ACV? I'm blanking.

Alright time to study my ACLS stuff for next week.

Hiho. Fried from work.
Jean, wouldn't it have been funny if they had my bag? Retail therapy would surely have helped!:D So bummed they don't! Waaaah.
You're right on about the ACV. I just opened one this morning and splashed some in my lemon water. It works for so many things!

Carolyn, I guess I am normally pretty stable, emotionally. I don't have huge ups and downs in person either.
The problem is I have not enough hormones now! My eyelids look like elephant legs' scaly.
I was able to snag an appt tomorrow morning! But yikes, 7:45! I hope snow doesn't cancel it again. I don't hold out hope that she'll tell me natural remedies for low hormones though.
I can't remember if I've done the LB version! That's part of my symptoms. Foggy brain. Plus my eyes are blurry. No, problem seeing up close is something else entirely. Double whammy! Is it distance for you? I've been so distance-blind since my teens!

Marie, hope B is just not liking the yogurt and that it's not something else. Don't let him do the come-out-and-hang-with-you-and-sleep-in-your-bed-later thing if he doesn't want to go to bed! That could be the beginning of a veddy bad habit.
I use dixie cups too because I have them at home.

Have y'all heard of earthclinic.com?

Last edited:
Jean and Mary, would people in 1924 have said "handed in her notice"?
Downton was marginally more interesting today. My sis wonders why she stills watches it.
Carolyn, are you caught up with MCJr? I'm am, so feel free to talk about it.

Good morning. I was up literally at the crack of dawn. Can you say exhaustion? Just so I can take my appt. I'm not even hungry it's so early but I have to eat since I have to go to work after.
Carolyn, my mom has hypothyroidism so I've always checked. Thanks, though.
Missy, I hope you're all right!

Quick check in to say I did XT Chest, Back and Shoulders for the first time and loved it. She was moving right along...my kind of workout.

B is up and chatting with his stuffed animals in his room. I'm listening by the door. "You have a long tail." "Puppy you want some water." "Row row row your boat gently down the stream." So cute! OK enough listening, I need a hug from my cute boy. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.