STS - Do you plan to preorder?

I think that I will preorder, although I haven't yet! I am excited, but wonder about how long the production will take! I am 30 weeks pregnant, so I definitely think that it will be great to have an intense workout series to look forward to in getting back into shape!

I do believe the quality will be top notch, as with everything Cathe does! :)

Ann Marie

I will definitely preorder. This may be the series where I get to use my Soloflex Rockit and Muscle Machine a lot more than I have been.
Robin

I am so NOT excited about this series.......it sounds too technical, too boring, too equipment "unfriendly"....etc. It's hard enough for my small one bedroom apt. to hold the weights I have now, stability ball, barbell, etc. I love Cathe, but from the minute I read the detailed post about it, I knew it wasn't for me. I'm struggling as it is to lift heavy in 4Day Split.

I'm still on the fence. The only thing that is keeping me from grabbing my credit card is that it doesn't sound like there are 37 DIFFERENT DVDs. It sounds more like there are 9 original DVDs and then the others are all premixes of the original 9. I can't get around the fact that I'm really only getting 9 DVDs. Once I learned those, I would be able to premix them myself...

lisa

nevermind my last post! Just read this reply from SNM on a different thread:

"The first workout in every cycle and for every muscle group will contain 100% new footage. Weeks 2, 3 and 4 will usually contain anywhere from 33% new footage to more than 100% new footage. Though there are still some decisions to be made about filming my guess is that we’re filming enough original footage to make well over 24 one hour DVDs. I know some people are thinking that weeks 2, 3 and 4 are just remixes of footage from other weeks; this is simply not the case. Though there will certainly be sections that are reused there will also be a very significant amount of new footage every week."

Now where is my purse.... :p

The concept sounds great and I love everything Cathe produces but due to joint problems can’t do any heavy weight lifting so this one I will have to pass on.

I like Aquajock’s suggestion of a release with 37 new cardio DVDs—am in for that one!!!
:)

Nope. I'm a cardio junkie, definitely not my cup of tea. :(
~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I'm not preordering, I don't think I will like it. I to have commitment issues and can barely make it through a monthly rotation with deviating. I will say everyone who is buying or not buying has some great points. I think if I really decide I have to have this Cathe series I will have to wait for the end of the year and when DH is stuck on bday and christmas present I can say this is what I want! So I will save my $$ for now.

I will order the new meal planning software and the other things Cathe is planning. I would love an mp3 workout for when I want to take things outside. Plus there are other instuctors I enjoy who are also producing new videos that I want to purchase.

Jenn

Well heck yeah I plan to pre order!! What I find really interesting is that so many people are not interested in it because they are afraid they will not be able to get their cardio in when in actuality you will still be able to get in 7 days a week if you wanted.
I am in my second phase of P90X right now and I have seen better results with lifting much heavier than I ever had and less cardio than when I was picking and choosing my workouts which were more often than not cardio. In fact I have lost 10 inches total since starting P90 and know that I will get amazing results with Cathe.
Plus what a great deal 37 dvd's for 200 dollars! I am psyched because it is only three days a week and the rest is up to me, it seems to me to be the perfect series!!
nkuangel

I am trying to read all the posts on these DVD's but there are so many. I will probally order them. I like the idea and concept, and after the cycle is completed, you will have plenty of workouts.

My question about the series, is if it will be offered as an MP3 workout. I think this should be included in the $200 price, to have all workouts in DVD and MP3 format. This would make it easy to do it at a gym. I know she said she was planning on doing scripted leg routines, scripted how, on paper or MP3? I haven't been following the MP3 project, does anyone know how it is coming along.

I just read the pre-sale info again, and Cathe did mention a release of STS Gym. I think I am going to wait until this is relased, as it seems this might be a better option for me (and I hope it is cheaper).

No, I'm not preordering. I doubt that I'll be ordering at all. I have a very high dread factor for lifting weights... I still do full-body lifting twice a week because of the health benefits, but I'm a major cardio junkie and cannot see spending this much on a series that I am pretty certain will not be worth the money to me. (Not because it won't be great, but because I'll be avoiding it.)

Plus, all the extra equipment requirements are a turn-off.

I'm going to echo some other people on here, too... I'm kind of bummed that Cathe seems to be focusing so much on weights and so little on cardio. :(

MC

After reading the blog, I won't be pre-ordering the STS series, but for those who are serious about building some muscle where they have none, it sounds wonderful. My legs are thick enough and I need more muscle endurance-type workouts to lean out plus cardio rather than building muscle and strength like the last 2 rotations focus on.

Terri

I wasn't going to preorder but after thinking long and hard (about 20 minutes!:p ) I went ahead and ordered. After all, if I don't like them I'm sure I can re-sell them for the preorder price. The other deciding factor was that I got awesome results from P90X, but after two months of doing nothing but Tony I totally burned out on them. I think that the way these are structured I'll get the same results, but will be able to stick to the rotation as written because I won't be doing all Cathe all the time. Besides, as an instructor she's a lot more tolerable.

The only thing I'm hesistant on are the leg workouts. I don't like working my legs with heavy weights so I know I'll never do them. If they're put on separate discs I'll probably sell them.

RE: STS - Lower 16 Body Workouts

Something I would like to point out to everyone is the leg routines really aren’t “heavy weight” routines in most cases with the exception of the four “Squat Rack” premixes. Nearly all of the leg routines will fall more under the category of “muscle endurance” rather than “strength”. This is necessary because it is just not practical to train the lower body at home with heavy weights without special equipment and or spotters. With lower body exercises it would just not be possible to lift the barbell in position or to safely do the move holding a heavy weight. Cathe’s goal with STS is to give you 12 intense lower body workouts that anyone can do at home and 4 additional optional workouts for people who have a squat rack. The STS Lower Body workouts would probably be best described as being more similar to Butt & Guts than to say Slow & Heavy. Cathe will just push you harder as she will not be limited in many cases to a rep speed or rep number. STS has a huge variety of lower body workouts, many of which would probably be best sellers if released on their own.

Hi all!

I am a P90X graduate and I must say that when I bought it I only invested in the pull-up bar and a couple of resistance bands.
So, I will definitely wait for the STS to be released. There's a few issues on which Cathy's a little vague IMHO.
First, I need to know exactly what equipment I will need for theses series.
I will also need to know what a workout week consists of apart from the weight days (e.g. what cardio will be used... step, treadmill, stationary bike etc. and from which source... previous Cathe DVDS....?)
Finally, what would the final breakdown of the series would be? What is the MP3 STS-Gym release?
What are scripted routines? etc.
I use plates on all my dumbbells, so getting the 70-80 or 85% of my 1 Rep Max won't be that hard - still, I don't know how I can move the weight up by just 5%.... hmmmmm.... What will be hard, I think, will be is actually finding your 1 Rep Max.... it will take long, I believe!
I won't mind paying the extra $70-&80 if I order it when it is released, because if the series are good, they are a solid investment (including a minimum investment in equipment).
Thank God I have a few friends in the States who will be able to receive it for me and send it over, since Customs' Duties here in Greece are at about 100% to 120% of the item's price!!!!
So, here's to a loooooong wait and hope that Cathe will be back with regular updates on STS.

Happy New Year!
Chris.

RE: STS - Lower 16 Body Workouts

>Something I would like to point out to everyone is the leg
>routines really aren’t “heavy weight” routines in most cases
>with the exception of the four “Squat Rack” premixes. Nearly
>all of the leg routines will fall more under the category of
>“muscle endurance” rather than “strength”. This is necessary
>because it is just not practical to train the lower body at
>home with heavy weights without special equipment and or
>spotters. With lower body exercises it would just not be
>possible to lift the barbell in position or to safely do the
>move holding a heavy weight. Cathe’s goal with STS is to give
>you 12 intense lower body workouts that anyone can do at home
>and 4 additional optional workouts for people who have a squat
>rack. The STS Lower Body workouts would probably be best
>described as being more similar to Butt & Guts than to say
>Slow & Heavy. Cathe will just push you harder as she will not
>be limited in many cases to a rep speed or rep number. STS has
>a huge variety of lower body workouts, many of which would
>probably be best sellers if released on their own.

Thanks for posting this info Chris! Not sure what I'll do yet, but 12 B&G style workouts are much more appealing to me than 12 S&Hs.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

>I will definitely preorder. This may be the series where I
>get to use my Soloflex Rockit and Muscle Machine a lot more
>than I have been.

I was thinking of using my Rockit as well (since I don't have room for a squat rack---even the two-piece ones that take up less room).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.