STS CHECK IN DISC 33

Hi Cathe!!! Still lovin STS.. I am doing a 6th month rotation so I am still in meso 2 week 3 but I wanted to tell you that I love double wave loading and Tri sets!! Also I wanted to say thank you for the ball wall squat advice it really helped I was able to do them without low back pain. I hope you have a great day!
Tracy :)

Just finished #33 and am loving Meso 3. The feeling is "I can do it for 6 reps!" Still have to go a couple of pounds lighter on those barbell curls. That has been consistent thru out Meso 3. Concentration curls I could heavy up but had to add a little cheat on the fifth count for some reason but was fine on the sixth count. I canf't believe there is only one week left. It went by so fast and I have enjoyed it so much. Is enjoy the right word? You know I think it really is. Thanks again Cathe.

Wow - those bicep curls never get any easier, do they :eek:??? I had to assist my left tricep on the crossbody kickback because it was just a bit too heavy - but the weight was perfect for the right side. Since I didn't want to end up lopsided ;), I did an assist at the bottom of each rep.

I got this one done yesterday (I skipped 32 on Weds because of knee problems) and found that the weight seemed light.... Frustrating. Next week I may go heavier, but maybe not since we go for 8 reps, right?

Thanks for the feedback Tracy. Keep working hard.

Hi Cathe!!! Still lovin STS.. I am doing a 6th month rotation so I am still in meso 2 week 3 but I wanted to tell you that I love double wave loading and Tri sets!! Also I wanted to say thank you for the ball wall squat advice it really helped I was able to do them without low back pain. I hope you have a great day!
Tracy :)

Great job Phyllis! Little cheats are fine ;). Keep working hard. Btw, I agree, I can't believe STS is almost over. It DID go fast.

Just finished #33 and am loving Meso 3. The feeling is "I can do it for 6 reps!" Still have to go a couple of pounds lighter on those barbell curls. That has been consistent thru out Meso 3. Concentration curls I could heavy up but had to add a little cheat on the fifth count for some reason but was fine on the sixth count. I canf't believe there is only one week left. It went by so fast and I have enjoyed it so much. Is enjoy the right word? You know I think it really is. Thanks again Cathe.

Hi Shadow! No, bicep work never does get easier :eek:. Funny too because it is my stronger muscle group but hurts "so good" each and every time ;). Keep shocking it!

Wow - those bicep curls never get any easier, do they :eek:??? I had to assist my left tricep on the crossbody kickback because it was just a bit too heavy - but the weight was perfect for the right side. Since I didn't want to end up lopsided ;), I did an assist at the bottom of each rep.

Hi Shani! I hope your knees are feeling better today. Next time you do your workout have a heavier back up weight ready to go just in case it feels too light again. If by rep #2 you are saying this is too light, put it down and grab the heavier one. Good Luck!

quote=shanihib;1877269]I got this one done yesterday (I skipped 32 on Weds because of knee problems) and found that the weight seemed light.... Frustrating. Next week I may go heavier, but maybe not since we go for 8 reps, right?[/quote]

Hi Everyone!

I had a really awesome workout today. Disc 33 felt great. Almost every exercise brought a nice swell to my muscle. I especially liked the pump I got from incline curls, seated overhead extentions and cross body kickbacks. I was fighting for those last 2 reps. Doesn't the time fly only doing 6 reps of eveything? I'm happy to be finished training at 90% of our 1RM though....whew, that was heavy!

Have a great weekend!

I didn't realize how much I would enjoy heavy weight training. I just keep reminding myself "it's only six reps, ok five more, almost" then its over. The results speak for themselves.;) I was worried in the begining about only working each muscle group once a week but I have NOT been let down. I am glad that this will end next week only to start again! If I acheived this much strength, definiton, endurance, flexibility and cardio stamina in 3.5 months I look forward shocking it more. Its addicting!
Cathe, Hats off to you....:cool:

Good morning!
I just completed disc 33...feeling very accomplished. Who knew that I could do a crossbody kickback with a 15 lb weight? I am so proud of myself.

Ali - I used a 15lb also on the crossbody triceps and I went into it thinking "this is not going to happen..." LOL! But I did all of them, too!

Actually, a lot of this workout was feeling easy to me with the exception of barbell bicep curls. I wonder if I should use heavier weights next week or keep the same since we'll be doing more reps. The weird thing for me is during the workout, I don't feel the burn like I do on a typical Cathe weight workout. BUT - the following day I do feel slightly sore in all the muscles I worked. I think this has been the case for Meso 3. Maybe it's because there's not a lot of little pulses or nasty low ends. ;)

As usual, I'm a day ahead and did this one yesterday. I pulled off all the weight loads, but boy did they feel h.e.a.v.y. I failed a bit early with my left arm on the incline curls. I had a very nice upper body pump by the end, for sure! And I was so happy to see the end!! If that workout didn't make a difference, then nothing will!

I'm going to do Imax2 this afternoon. Yes. I am. I'm just going to keep telling myself that, until I can finally say, "Yes, I did."

Sandra

Disk 33

Another great workout! Feeling that heavy weight for sure today. I feel the same as several other STS'ers-the biceps curls never get easier. All target weight met. I did go up for the concentration curls, if you can believe that. ;)
Feeling very strong and focused throughout. Have a good night!

Hi Cathe and STS Warrior's;)

I'm checking in very late. But I did complete my workouts on Friday night west coast time.

STS-Meso 3, Week 3, Disc# 33-Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps= 61 min
I loved the pace of this workout it did seem to go way faster than Disc#31 on Monday's. I enjoyed the mixture of the sets. I really liked that I didn't have to make tons of weight changes on the barbell which really helps to make the workout go faster. I have a threaded barbell with the star threaded collars, so needless to say lots of weight changes on the barbell adds lots of extra time to the workout. Oh well, I will persevere, I am a STS Warrior!!!

ps. I think there was a Cathe gremlin in my workout room, yep, the remote was accidentally rewinding the DVD and I didn't know where I left off so I had to stop it and go from that point in the dvd and did extra sets. I had to laugh because I thought Cathe would so love that!! Yep, I was visited by a Cathe gremlin.

Good night and see ya at the next check in

Hugs!
Nora

Completed this this am (too tired after work last night). I may repeat this week. I can't believe we are close to the end.

Suzette

Hi All,

Late doing this one, but got it in today. The heavy weights felt pretty good--I was a little apprehensive about doing 90 % weights on the bi's, tri's & shoulders, but it was great. I was able to do mostly all 6 reps, sometimes 5. I can see strength gains--even though the weights were heavier this week, I didn't have to spot as soon as I did last week with the concentration curls (those are the hardest exercises for me!).
The workout flew by & was over before I knew it. Can't believe we are getting ready to start our last week of STS (this time around at least!) ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.