STS Cathe please help!!!

jldgottarun

Cathlete
Cathe,
I just got STS and I'm super excited to do it, but I am hoping you can give me some tips on shortening the workouts to 30-40 min. while STILL BEING ULTRA EFFECTIVE. Because I workout in the am but teach circuit classes in the afternoon plus I work full time and have 5 kids, so..... I really want to make STS more manageable for myself. Please, please, please, help. Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. Happy holidays to you and your family!

Ok, I thought of doing this... Any thoughts from anyone?? I have more time on Sunday, so I could do the first three body parts disc like chest, biceps, shoulders, then for the rest of the week do one body part per day from STS.. Biceps, legs, triceps. Any thoughts??? Do you think it would be effective?

Not Cathe. Hopefully she will answer you soon.

But I'm not sure if you could make that work because there are no premixes separating body parts. For instance the first disc has a chest move, then a shoulder then a bicep. Then repeats that way throughout the entire workout. The only thing I could think of would be the following. Don't know if this would be as effective though.

Monday: 1st half of disc 1 chest, shoulder, bicep (Making sure to do a stretch)
Tuesday: 1st half of disc 2 back & triceps (Making sure to do a stretch)
Wednesday: off, yoga or cardio
Thursday: 2nd half of disc 1 chest, shoulder, bicep (Making sure to do the warmup)
Friday: 2nd half of disc 2 back & triceps (Making sure to do the warmup)
Saturday: off, yoga or cardio
Sunday: 100% of disc 3 Legs

Wow! That is a GREAT IDEA!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I can't believe that didn't occur to me!!

Jodi:

there are several ways to work it. You already have a fabulous suggestion.

1) Also, remember that even if Cathe does three rounds of each exercise (shoulder, chest, bicep, repeat), you will still get a good workout if you only have time for 2 rounds of each.

2) change your thinking about the workout week. Who says it has to last 7 a days? When using the Slow & Heavy DVDs, I regularly extend my working week to 9, 10 days to fit it all in as suits me. Perhaps there are smaller, irregularly scheduled pockets of time you can use and extend your fitness week in a similar fashion?

3) you can repeat. If you only have time for 2 rounds of each exercise on Monday, perhaps you have time for another 2 on Thursday? You'll get the required volume of lifting in for the week, just in a split-up fashion.

4) if Cathe has 3 or 4 different exercises per muscle group, just do 2 or 3: it's enough.

Juggle it any way you can. In an ideal world, we'd all do the program exactly as laid out by Cathe. However, I don't live in an ideal world, and neither do you! So, we do what we can, as and when we can, and call it, GOOD!

There are things in life besides fitness. Your boys will be grown soon enough. Then you will have tons of time for lifting, and you will miss them terribly!

Clare

Clare,
Thank you for reminding us that being there for our family is what matters most. We get so wrapped up in doing our workouts just right when in reality, anything we can do is better than not doing anything at all.

I was working out to Disc 13 STS when my daughter had called me to pick her up.it bothered me that I only had About 20 minutes to go. I picked her up and ended up having one of those moments with her that I wouldn't trade for the world. I never finished that workout and put everything away.but I sure am glad I did because I was so sore from doing what I did for that workout that I couldn't move. I can't imagine what I might have felt like if I had finished the last part of that DVD.

VERONIKA

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.