STS & age

41 1/2 here, but I've got some injuries and aches & pains that I have to modify for as well.

I'm lovin' all the "seasoned" ladies here who are still going strong. :cool:

I'm 48 and I can't wait for STS. I'm hoping for more upper body definition. Since I have knee issues, I will take it very easy but still hope to see some improvement.

I'm 53 and don't anticipate any difficulties doing STS....
I've done some of the u-tube clips....
STS will be challenging....but, then, that's why I want it!

:)

I'm 46 will be 47 in January, just fell on ice abd have compression fracure of the spine so STS will be on hold for a few months. I think Cathe is in her early 40's... I'm sure I'll modify too, Kay

Wow! I feel so GREAT to know there are so many others out there that are around my age (48 too!). I always modify because, as Kathryn stated, everyone is their own personal trainer. You must always listen to your body! If something doesn't feel right, then alter the move a bit.

Anyway, it's wonderful to hear from you "girls"!

Marcia

51 in a month. Looking forward to it and think that is what is so great about the 1RM - we can adjust as needed.

And plyo is a great deterent to osteoporosis - modification is definitely the answer. More shallow or more slowly if needed. Or perhaps some more giving type of flooring such as the puzzle mats which can have additional cushion if your knees or hips are the issue.

Sounds like you have decided to order - best of luck - it will be fun !

I'm way over your age, (57), and that is not going to stop me getting into the best shape of my life.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

51 and looking forward to STS

To join in the group here, I am 51 and keep checking the blog every day to see if STS has been shipped yet, just like a little kid waiting for the Christmas tree gifts! I have to be more cautious now to prevent injuries - modify a lot, stretch a lot more, take more time for recovery - and sometimes take time to recover from an injury - but am still going strong. I like to keep in mind that Jack LaLanne is about 92 years young and last I read his web site, he is working out 2 hours a day every day.

Last edited:
I'm 48 years "young" and can't wait to get started on the STS! I've been working out all my life and hope I can keep up with Cathe and the gang in the new DVDs. But, if there is something that you are uncomfortable with, then just modify and don't feel guilty. You should judge yourself by your progress and no one else. Good luck!!!

Hi Rosemarie!

Welcome to the forums! Nice to have you join us.

Anybody can use this program. STS welcomes all ages (of course not young children though) and fitness levels. It is designed to challenge anybody at their current fitness level and progress from there. No matter what your weight, even if its only one pound, if the weight that you use challenges YOU, then it is effective and will give you results. Finding your one rep max for the exercises will give you the ABSOLUTE best results but if that task overwhelms you, then simply try the program using weights that feel challenging but doable. You will still see nice reults. Take Care.
Hallo all,

New member here. I'm very interested in the STS dvds and am considering pre-ordering.......

So I'm wondering; how many of you "out there" are around my age, 48 years? Although I'm quite fit (lots of running & vinyasa yoga) I guess I'm a bit apprehensive about whether this system is too intensive (especially after seeing the plyo legs video!!).

I'm not usually hung up on this age thing.....I guess I need some words of encouragement.

cheers Rosemarie

Rosemarie, I hope this makes you feel better. I am 64 and have pre ordered STS. I only wish I was 48 and had this to look forward to. I know I won't be able to do all of the exercises but if I can do two squats and jump up in the air 2 times I will be ahead of those that are just sitting on their behinds.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.