Strong & Sweaty BootCamp Makes Time Fly

Won't be easy to do this one for a minute! Whoa! And Cathe and crew are not using light weights here! I can even see sweat on the end of Cathe's pony tail! When she said strong and sweaty, she wasn't kidding!

Very excited to get this new series. I did some of the older ones today. Cross Train Express (upper body split) and abs from the older leaner legs....earlier I did hit low impact. Wow! Mixing old with new what a burn!
Cathe keeps us motivated and I love how we can always change it up and keep it interesting.

I can barely do a two handed plank for a minute let alone kickbacks in a one handed plank. This one would definitely need to be modified. Have to be careful of the shoulders since I already have a bad one.

I can barely do a two handed plank for a minute let alone kickbacks in a one handed plank. This one would definitely need to be modified. Have to be careful of the shoulders since I already have a bad one.
She does something like this in one of her series, can't remember which one and like you I have to modify. So one modification you can consider doing is to do them draped over your stability ball. That's what I do and it takes the pressure off the shoulders and while not as intense you still work the tricep muscle.

So one modification you can consider doing is to do them draped over your stability ball.
Oh, great modification!! I find I cannot perform any of the compound core/back/arm moves in a horizontal stance as my arms are too long. Rows on hands & kness for example or renegade rows which would come a lot when I was taking kettlebell sessions .....just not gonna happen with these gangly long arms! lol. So I generally elevate myself on the step.

I can do a plank but NOT with a dumbbell - I modify the exercise in XTrain Bi's & Tri's by just doing regular kickbacks with a heavy weight. It doesn't target the core the same way but at least it works the triceps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.