Strong & Sensible

Hello everyone! Long work week survived!

Lisa, are you ok? Sister? I’m sure she will have steps backwards. Thinking of you.

Jody, you still at work??

Ronne, I have been trying to understand the whole Brexit thing, I’m not doing very well. I’m sure you are tired of it. Just trying to expand my brain!

Hi Tracey!

Well, work was busy. SO many people with respiratory issues, lots of people ending up on ventilators, I’m sure Jody sees much more than I do. DD leaves for school tomorrow, things will be a bit quieter. Niece is supposedly moving in in April. We shall see. Dinner tonight with friends, I’m excited to get out! Have a good weekend! Mary

Hi Lovely Friends! I got a new bike on Friday and ended up riding instead of doing workout. Some nice old geezer (honestly within my dating pool) suggested riding the park together and I agreed. He talked a lot! I saw some gopher tortoise, sand hill cranes with teeny baby chicks, turkey, hawk, snake and deer with fawn. All in all a win.
Mary, yes, I'm non stop vents most of the time including small ones coming in through er- we will be getting more and more of that as we grow. However, they've recently started scheduling us so we rotate more through critical areas, so less adult ICU for me. Today, my co workers couldn't think of any RT who make it out of their 60s alive. : ( You seem dubious of niece coming back? How is her school going?
Ronne, I was also thinking of you on Brexit day aka my birthday. I'm so hopeful for positive outcomes.
Lisa, I also wondered if this was a sister issue or just humans in general??? Me with bike guy at park. Guy, I come here all the time and know everything. Me, omg look sand hill cranes and they have chicks! Guy, I'm not very good at birds I don't know what they are. Me, They are sand hill cranes. And they have chicks.
Tracy, HI!

Last edited:
Hi ladies

I don't know what happened to the week. I kept popping in but never posting. Oh well!

Lisa - glad you're getting some me time bike rides in and whatever else makes you happy. And I hope everyone leaves you alone for a while!! :)

Mary - oh, Brexit! Where to start? It's just such a massive mess. We're a laughing stock, can't make up our minds or agree on anything. Meanwhile, the country's going to pieces because everyone is concentrating on that, so no other issues get a look in. :rolleyes:

Jody - belated happy birthday! So you can count the bike as a b-day treat?! You made me laugh with your non-date bike ride description. Nice old geezer! :p

So last week, lots of work, bit of yoga, some short walks round local park (very good head clearing stuff). Yesterday was Mother's Day and I got taken out for afternoon tea after a couple of hours shopping with DD which was fun. Bought myself some new clothes, two skirts, a shirt and a dress!

Quick fly by. Mary, that’s so gracious taking in your niece. I’ll be honest, our nephew (dh side) is now in Colorado and his mom (dh sis) inquired about him living here until he gets his feet on the ground. Dh was a resounding no. This kid has had a lot of emotional baggage, adopted at school age, then lived in group homes. His mom has done a lot with him but we are not up to that task!

Jody, I love looking at nature! I may not know their names but I appreciate the habitat and what they may be doing. Winds on Monday a hawk was riding the currents, looks so fun, haha. Congrats on new bike.

Ronne, I think that’s why I love the outdoors (sans people) very zen and mind clearing.

We did bike Monday and very little yesterday. Alone was because I needed some me time after 2 months of dealing with local sis issues (and I do some today). Talked to other sis yesterday and she made things worse, I actually felt berated. Example, it’s because I choose to do this stuff that I’m emotionally involved, I haven’t done anymore than any one else regardless of the local issues. I explain, I took time for myself on these days.....then she says well I can’t believe you didn’t go do x, I would think that would have been nice for you to do. What? You took time for you, you should have done y. Me, I’m trying to balance and can’t find the balance. Other sis, it’s a problem you are creating for yourself because you chose to do x. Me, but you suggested I should. Finally I broke off the useless conversation.

So, my deduction is the whole sibling relationships has been torn down and rebuilt up in the exact same fragile state. The only accomplishment of this entire mess is my local sis is 200k poorer and I’m trying to keep her from spending what she has left. Other siblings though think say I get no acknowledment because I chose to do this. I’ve not had any more work than them regardless of me being local.

After this mornings breakfast with local sis, I’m going to indulge in even more alone time, well with dh and suki, gosh I love that guy and that dog!

Oh and, sis now in low income senior apartment as of yesterday. I’m still trying to get her extra money so she doesn’t spend it all. She already bought another dog. That’s at least 5k she’s spent on dogs in the last month. Therapy seems to be doing nothing.

Hello all!

Lisa, I’m so sorry about all the family stuff. It sounds overwhelming. You make sure to take care of yourself. Niece is adorable, helpful when she is here. She will be working and we are going to push for school. She is 22, just needs a place to get started. Fingers crossed!

Jody, he sounds like a chatterbox! Maybe he was nervous?? Trying to impress you with his knowledge of the local birds??? Lol

Ronne, lol! We kind of have our own mess over here! I can feel your pain!

Hi Tracey!

Errands and cleaning today, got rid of my halo of gray yesterday so I can face the world, good day to all! Mary

Mary, I need a hair refresh as well. I think your niece is super lucky to have you, as are your kids, of course! You guys seems to work well as a family unit, complement each other, if that makes sense. You forgot to say your workouts, ha ha, I know you keep up with them.

Lisa, I think with your sis problems, you would have been over your head if you also had a troubled nephew living with you, it can be hard to say no though. I hope you can continue to fine restoration and peace within your own home. Do you guys still have all of your extra bikes? You should save one Ebike in case I can visit and ride with you. I used Strava yesterday, 8 mph! To me, I was hauling ass :eek:

Ronne, head clearing in the outdoors sounds fabulous and probably goes perfect with yoga days. Well done on finding some new clothes. I am tempted to get rid of EVERYTHING that doesn't currently fit or haven't worn. That would be almost all of my stuff. Just start over...I'd never miss it. I should do that all over my home, tbh.

Yesterday I did some weights via FS one set of Push and one set of Pull. Woop!

Bike at Riverbend- I timed myself putting rack on car and loading bike. It took 20 min cos I can't remember which strap goes where, but the bike loads easily and intuitively and seems secure, so that is good. I'm happy with my purchase. Bike shop spent a lot of time giving me tips on a high seat position, stepping off and starting off from pedals, not from seat and I've been doing that, I think its good for my knees. I wouldn't have made those adjustments on my own, but I can't cheat it using a men's bike with high seat.

Work- off for a few days, woop! Need to do taxes and shop car insurance/change agencies.

Family- DD Jilly bought a 2018 Corolla, pd cash! That was an annoying typical experience with dealership. Now she's sick with flu or something fever 103 yesterday:(:(

Animals - cat to vet but is OK ($480), new squirrel youths in palm ( watched one fall 18 ft or so from tip of palm frond to ground) and lots of birds at feeders.

BBL to update with today's Cathe

Hi all, beautiful day yesterday and bike ride. Omg, those hills! But I did it, man I’m outta shape and this morning body hurts! A few more nice days I hope I survive!

Jody, you had me laughing at you feeling like you’re hauling ass st 8 mph , I know that feeling then I look at strava and am humbled, even when comparing to myself. Hey but I’ll be 55 soon so I’ll be the youngest in my age class again, woot! You’ll get used to the higher seat, I was same way. If you come I can grab the ebike from DS, no worries there. Loading bike onto car is a pain, glad dh does that! We may be hauling the bikes to a Denver trail tomorrow because I want a flatter trail!

Well older sister sent me email yesterday apologizing and sent me a gift of fabric, maybe it sank in somehow how awful she talked to me. Spent Thursday with local sis, she seems to be doing well, I feel good with where she is given everything she’s been through. I am now protector of all money and hope I’m never accused of stealing it. So I think life will settle now, thank goodness!

Lisa, I'm definitely more sight seer than racer. So far all my Strava rides have been on trails as well, I was mildly terrified on twisty boardwalk with no rails. But my suspicions are confirmed, I'd probably not be able to keep up with most group rides around here at this point. Glad things are improved with sibling relations. What will you make with new fabric?

Did everyone have a nice weekend? I've done a ride and cleaned exterior windows with a new "as seen on TV" product, worked ok! I've only gotten one work call so we must be slowing down a bit. Its been very healing to have a several days off, no wine, nice sleep and getting caught up on stuff, plus of course getting outside!

Hi all! Today did a step workout, clumsily!

Jody, thank you for your kind words. They still amaze me! Your DD is amazing me at the moment! Cash! That’s so impressive!!! Glad you have a few days off, we have been crazy busy still, and a new computer system to add to the fun!

Lisa, I’m so glad things are settling down for you! It has been a long road for all of you! Now that the weather is turning you will be out there all the time!

Hi Ronne, did you have a good weekend?

Tracey, you still out there??

Not much here, just working and enjoying some spring weather, it’s like a miracle! Good day to all, Mary

Hi all

Once again, not exactly sure where last week went to ...

Mary - was it an old one or a Cathe live? It's nice seeing your kids grow up and gain independence isn't it? Does your DS go abroad again this year?

Lisa - glad to hear things are settling down a bit and I hope it stays that way for a long time! Sounds like you might be enjoying life a bit more, hunkered down with DH and getting out on your bike again. I don't blame you for not taking in nephew after everything that's been happening.

Jody - sounds like you're enjoying your days off. I'm dead impressed with you buying a bike and heading off on new adventures. It's good to find a new hobby. Good thing you've been getting all those shifts in with the expensive cat!

So I ended up not working out much last week because I hurt my back on Monday doing a KCM. It was my lower/mid back and it just felt really sore. So I took a few days off, then did Body Weight & Bands and yoga at the end of the week.
Weekend was a bit of an odd one. I had to take my snake to be put down at the vets on Saturday morning. I'd had her nearly 20 years. I did get a bit tearful ...
Back to normal service on workouts this week. Yesterday I did KCM SS UB and today was MMA Boxing. I'm off to London for lunch tomorrow and cocktails with a friend early evening!

Ronne, I'm sorry about your snake and having to make such choices. She'd been watching you do Cathe for a long time! Hopefully your back has been nurtured back to wellness, too.

Mary, lol at miraculous spring weather. Does that portend a freezing July 4? beWeird stuff happens up there! We just started using Cerner at work, you are not the same are you?

Lisa, I'm seeing you on Strava!

I started FS SC yesterday- that one feels a little awkward to me, like too fast and sort of off beat? More likely I'm just too slow and out of step, but I appreciate other aspects of it so I do reach for it a lot. Went with dd to walk in because 5 days later she's still sick, though improved from 103 fever. She was faintly positive for flu A.
Bike ride with a friend 14 miles cruising around local state park. Happy to say bike and bike rack loading down to just a few minutes.
Today I did FS Push Pull 1 set each

Last edited:
Hi ladies, we had snow yesterday so bike riding halted, though we did ride Sunday and Monday (Monday was very windy so cut it short). Now we have to wait for another warm up, maybe Sunday again, ‍♂️. I got upset yesterday, scumbag contacted sis! She hasn't told me yet. Thank goodness I can see her texts (she doesn't know I can). He texted her the pic he's saying is him and miss you, etc. From a different phone number, one to be made to look local! I would never had guessed had I not been able to see texts. Prior to texts there was a call for 12 min. Then texts between her and her best friend looks like sis told therapist (she had appt same day) and therapist said block him, don't talk to him. Well if I'm seeing his texts she isn't blocking him so I did! BFF and brother calmed me down. I hope she tells me about this, it was a pact we made. If it affected me this bad it had to have effect in her. Brother and I thinks she needs to change phone number, have told her before. I'll use tactic of alcoholic, keep temptation away.

Jody, Suki walks faster than you do on the bike, lol! I figure as long as you're moving and enjoying life then it's all good, just kidding with you.

Ronne, I didn't know you had a ! And brexxit, I have no idea, just that others are a mess like us

Mary, step is hard when you're outta practice! Well everything is!

I'm off to walk the and take in some winter beauty.

I see my emojis didn't post and I can't figure out how to edit it from my phone, sigh, technology, it's great when it works and isn't used nefariously (like for scams)

Checking in with a vent. Scumbsg got to sis (using local area code). Therapist said block him, don't talk to him. I got this info from texts I can see with her acct info she have me. Waited for her to come clean (we had a pact that she is to call me if he contacts her). Today I see she tried to call him and texted him. That's the final straw. Very upset, BP high, head and neck hurts, I'm worried about my health. I called and laid into her crying, etc so she hears that this affects me. The result? She has changed her phone number and not given me new one, locked me out of cell phone and email (I still have a sneaky forward of email set up). She has not called me tonight to explain as she said she would since she couldn't talk at work. I'm cut off and that fine, I'm done. Only she can help herself, this is not worth my health. I have more respect and love for myself. I also told her friends so she can't bamboozle them like she did all the months last year. I'm done. But it still hurts me so bad

Good morning!

Lisa, I’m so sorry. He certainly has a hold on her. Take care of yourself. Prayers for you all.

Ronne, I’m sorry about your snake. (All these years, still finding things to discover!)

Jody, I have heard of Cenor, this is specific to the hospital system. Just having to adjust to change!

Hi Tracey!

I am procrastinating, better go get my shoes on and get busy! Good weekend to all! Mary

Hi all

Jody - hope DD is feeling better now. Sounds like you've got your bike manoeuvres down. I know what you mean about FS SC but I do like that one (always done on one riser here!). Hope you're still enjoying some time off. Isn't it about time you started planning travels again?!!

Lisa - I'm so sorry. You have done everything you can. Have you thought of contacting a group like Al-Anon (for general addictions?). There must be groups who support the family members in these sort of situations. Take time for yourself. Step away if you can.

Mary - enjoy your busy weekend!

Big cleaning day today but I managed to fit in Intensity BC/Hiit premix. We're having a night out tonight as DD is staying over at friends. Going to a Greek restaurant. Then I've got a week off work, not really going anywhere but just taking some time off.

I'm heading out somewhere, IDK where right now, but I want to get out in the sun and bike. Lisa, that is one sucky situation. I got quite a bit from Al-Anon myself, pretty life changing actually. Ronne, I like Intensity, maybe I'll steal that idea for tomorrow or today if I don't get going soon. I would like to do some travel, hopefully I'll stay on my healthier path and feel worthy and willing. Mary are you prepping for grads? Soon for you as well, right? DD grad in a few weeks. It will involve road trip, family and other prep (I think?) I'm a little panic.
Tax day- I'd run mine through turbo tax to get an idea but submitted to my tax person. She came back with the EXACT number I had, so maybe next year I will save myself $$ and do my own.
Waves to all

Hi all! Today did a Cathe live, step, weights and abs.

Jody, ugh, taxes! We got hit bad with local taxes, DS also local and state because he works in 2 different states, DD had to pay federal. I wrote out a lot of checks yesterday! Yes, all 3 graduate next year, within 3 weeks of each other! Yikes, have to save up! For Harvard, the festivities start on Tuesday and end Thursday night. I’m going to have to make hotel reservations next month. I feel your pain, I’m all ready starting to panic a year out! Lol.

Jody, enjoy your time off! I have always wanted to go to Greece, have you been??

Lisa, how are you? I have been thinking of you!

Worked today, cleaned the house, worked out, now to get dinner! Have a good night! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.