Strong & Sensible

Tracy, nice to see you. I can't upload pics of plants (file too large, how to change?) but suffice to say they look like permanent fixtures, I don't think I'd be able to pass them off as gifts, but LOL, I get it now.:D. I used to take a similar product to C4 but it was called Essential Energy Amino. I think I've seen both at Costco. LOL at your mixed up rotation!:D and Woot Woot to weight loss. I am hating myself these days for weight, not helpful!

I've changed homeowners insurance 1800 to 1300 dollars, still seems exorbitant. Why why why? Bike shopping continues but I've got it narrowed down quite a bit. I did quite a bit of test riding the other day. I'm thinking of doing a bike hike road trip next weekend. BBL with a workout. ETA walk at the park, nice walk, miss my bike!

Last edited:
Hi girls, I'm here, been quite busy. We did get in a nice bike ride yesterday! Then today we are expecting a blizzard! Everything is shut down in anticipation. I did read everyone's posts but I didn't take notes like Tracy. Let's see, Ronne, congrats on DD. Mary, ouch, glad the knee is ok, and that you had a good visit to DS. Jody, crazy working as always. Tracy, eek I can't remember, I'm so sorry!

So been quite busy going to professionals with sis. Another lawyer, a better cpa (who used to work for the IRS), he's classifying this as ponzi scheme after everything we told him so sis gets a pretty good refund but still it only restores 1/4 of what she lost. cpa said if this gets audited 50/50 chance, he normally doesn't take his clients to tax court but he would take my sis and me, ugh. I guess I'm a credible witness to everything that transpired and that sis was duped that this was an oil investment (I have the emails). I do not need to be a witness in any court, good thing my dr is keeping me supplied with valium. Then sis's dog got real sick (this one was sick when she adopted at a year and she kept this one and I questioned why she was keeping the sick one, she said it was fine now), well guess not. 3k in testing and an estimate of 8k-11k, she took it to CSU vet school at the emergency since they are a teaching hospital and cheaper, they said it was worse then the original vet thought, bad chances of pulling thru (gallbladder, liver, kidneys, fluid in belly), said if it made it through the surgery it would be in pain and hospital for weeks, and still 8-11k. She put the dog down, cried so hard to me. I wrote a nice email explaining why I thought this dog's journey was complete on earth and why the 2nd dog is what she needed now. Then a low income senior housing opportunity opened up and I had to to there with her and convince her it's what she needs. You have to be 55, but it would not be appropriate for me, and she's only 60 but with her health and social needs it's what she needs. I felt like I was there with my Mom finding a place for her to live vs a sister 6 yrs older than me. She should get approved and will move April 1st. Therapist visits are going well for her I think . That's my brain dump, sorry for lack of personals. Suki needs me now, she's a basket case with the rain, wind, and soon to be snow. Panting, shaking, digging, even medicated. I figure she comforts me when I'm upset so I take time for Suki to comfort her when she's upset. Gotta run, thanks for the thoughts and continued prayers.

Girls, I want your input on something. I’ve told my sibs that I’m concerned about sis because she’s forgetting a LOT of things. Things that are weird or stuff she should know and remember. They are attributing to all the stress but I feel it’s more than that and wouldn’t the person who sees them and talks to them the most have more of a sense? Example, on her apartment forms she had to put down when her house was sold, she put November 2019. Ok, I can maybe see that mistake, but when she put in today’s date she put the year as 2020. Now that’s weird. She also has entrusted me with some cash (almost 3k), when this apartment came up she didn’t know where she’d get the money, she had totally forgotten I had some of her cash. That’s something that shouldn’t be forgotten is what I think. Then now she can’t get straight how much her rent is going to be, I saw email where she wrote 1160, well it’s 1130. Now I can see forgetting that a bit but when I add it all together it’s concerning to me. She has times of amazing mental clarity that you’re surprised and times of forgetfulness that are simple things that should be remembered (even other sis has seen that). What’s your thoughts?

Workout intention = lift some weights today and rent bike at Palm Beach for test ride of bike and tour, if the rain clears up.
Lisa, IMO, the whole thing with the swindler may be part of decreasing brain function and other memory things also a symptom, particularly if she is diabetic/obese? I know I have harder time remembering things and putting sentences together, to be honest. I attribute it to fatigue and stress; I'm quite shattered at the end of any given work day. Drinking (hello, chardonnay) doesn't improve brain health. Does she drink regularly?

Ronne, how is weather and working out going? Still on the Feb rotation? Getting out much? I skipped extra shift today because of strong desire to do the bike rental thing, but it's pouring. I needed the day off anyway. Work still busy for you?

Mary, do you do the Lives live? or pick one you like? I saw my Gator kid recently when she flew to Aruba and back for spring break. It was nice to see her. Enjoy the break in the classes, woop woop!

Tracy, how is your snow situation these days? I count my busy work days as "at least I'm not sedentary". I re read your previous post about friend who drives to gym and sometimes just leaves! I feel I do the same when I cue up (or would it be queue?) a work out, do a few steps, then I'm like ah, ef it and I pitch my weight gloves in the corner, relieved that I am clearly NOT going to work out and at least I've completed procrastinating about it, LOL.
Have a great day, y'all~~

Last edited:
Hi all, workout? What’s that? Will take suki for a walk now that all the snow from our march bomb cyclone blizzard is mostly gone.

I use Tapatalk app to get to forums and it’s been having issues, so to post I have more hoops to jump through, hmmm maybe that counts as workout?

Tracy, oh yes, I remember now, you’ve had lots of snow too. I have friend in Oregon that had to rake the snow off their roof! We’ve had a lot of avalanches in the mountains, even a couple covering the highway and closing for hours and one pushing cars off the road! Never have we had avalanches like that or this bomb cyclone thing!

Jody, I hope the rain clears for you, there’s something to be said about sunshine and activity. Sis is obese, diabetic with protein now showing in urine, but doesn’t drink. she seems to be back to herself with pestering me about boring things. Still have to get her settled somewhere she can afford and get her volunteering or something to occupy her on weekend. Also figure out the little funds and how best to invest them. So my job isn’t over yet, but at least she’s out from scumbag control and going to therapy. I watched the hbo documentary on Michael Jackson and the Oprah bit after it and it is amazing the mind control some can have over others. I also watched dateline nbc last Friday which was about guy here that killed his fiancée, very brutal and how he had mind control over a couple other women to carry out murder and clean up the crime scene. And of course they met on online dating site. The psychology interests me yet am amazed.

Hi all

Tracy - sorry you're having work hassles. Try not to be so hard on yourself (although we all know what that's like!) How funny about the mixed-up rotation. January was the new series wasn't it?

Jody - don't blame you for missing one of your work days and they definitely do count as workouts. All that walking around is a good thing. I try to incorporate more of it in my day but am not very successful. All the workouts I do don't really make up for the hours I spend on my bum! Still planning to do your road trip? And what about further afield trips this year? Any plans?

Lisa - glad to hear sis is finally starting to get sorted out although you've got a long way to go yet. Re the brain thing, I have no medical insight whatsoever but if you're thinking dementia of any kind, it's not that obvious apparently. That's more like forgetting where you're meant to be going and not recognising people. Sounds like you've had some serious snow this winter. Do you get nice clear skies with it as well or is it completely grey? No wonder you haven't been cycling!

Mary - glad you're getting some quiet time in. Enjoy it while it lasts! Yes, DD has made her final choice. Lots of form filling to be done!

So, I've been keeping up with the rotation but on my timetable. No more than four workouts in a row, no more than four-five workouts in a week. And that does seem to keep the niggling injuries at bay so it's working for me. I'm enjoying this one cos there's so much variety; this week included HR, LBB, RWH Plyo 2 and RUR.
No great plans this weekend, off to friends for dinner and probably to town tomorrow for bits and pieces of shopping (boring stuff!).
Still busy with work though it's more manageable. Have a good weekend everyone!

Today is my baby’s 27th birthday. I put the oldest son in charge of birthday plans so we’re going to a beer festival! I’ve been quilting this morning and I’m count all that standing at the frame as a workout if Jody gets to claim walking around at work as a workout, lol.,! Had long talk with sis last night and I told her outright that I’m concerned about her forgetting stuff, it’s just not like her. She started crying, she said she’s starting to forget people’s names at work, people that have been there for years. She’s putting me in charge of taking care of her money and that she doesn’t make any more bad decisions.

Ronne, today is sunny! We might get a ride in tomorrow, fingers crossed! I guess it’s not totally gloomy all the time, just colder most of the time so the north side snow on ground stays around too long, still have January snow on the ground, not normal! Hope you have a fabulous weekend with friends and shopping.

Ronne, sounds like you have a really good grip on your workout plans, strong and sensible you are. Sorry for the Yoda speak, much Star Wars I've seen, yes, hmmm.
Lisa, I watched all the Neverland stuff, too. Sounds like a lot of responsibility for sis but also a relief for her to discuss it. Have fun on the birthday. Do you go to any bike forums?
Mary and Tracy, waves and such.
I didn't ever lift any weights the other day, but I did do the Lake Trail on a rented bike. I'll do another test ride today and then order my new bike. woot.
ETA Ronne I meant to ask you if you skip some of the workouts within the rotation or if you spread the rotation out? Also, I ordered my bike yesterday but I'm a little concerned it will be too big/high.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Jody - you weirdo! Hope you enjoy your new bike. Good for you trying new stuff. With the rotations it depends, I've skipped one so far I think and then spread out the rest. It depends how the days fall.

Lisa - hope you had fun with the family - beer festival sounds good to me!

Today was a rest day which was well timed after CCC yesterday. I just did the cardio only premix and only skipped two parts. I was shocked to see the date on it, it's 10 years old! I can't believe it. Quieter work day today so catching up on admin and stuff.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Today did an Yvette workout. DS is home for break, niece left this morning, says she will be back in 6 weeks, DD comes home for her break Friday. I’m feeling like a hotel! So much energy in the house, I want to bottle it!

Lisa, so glad your sister is listening to you. I could be her diabetes, stress, or a whole host of other things, she needs to go to the doctor. Beer fest looked fun!

Jody, enjoy your new bike! I’m sure it will take some adjustment.

Ronne, CCC is 10 years old??? How long have we all been together?

Hi Tracey!

Have to go shower, I think the boys and I are going to go see Captain Marvel today, discount Tuesday! Mary

Hi all! Spring, spring is here! Bike ride Sunday, Wednesday and today! I’m outta shape (higher hr than normal) but dang I am concurring the hills! That’s about 50 miles since Sunday!

Jody, did you get your bike yet? Ronne, you are the woman with keeping up with cathe workouts! Mary, spring break, enjoy those kids!

So the picture I posted on fb about the beer fest was with the local news anchor, he’s so darn cute! And he was so sweet to do a selfie with me! And he put his hand on my waist! I’ll post the pic here. I feel like such a cougar!

Sis therapist diagnosed her with PTSD which I read is normal after a romance scam like this. Also depression of 20 yrs (since mom and dad died) once she gets settled in her senior apartment the first of the month she’ll not be getting the attention she is now and will probably revert to the poor me self she always has been. Hope therapist helps her find her way to a satisfactory life .

Isn't he so darn cute? Roar (or whatever sound a cougar makes) hahaha

Darn file too big. Gotta get dinner can't fiddle around with it anymore, sigh

Ha, I figured out how to post pic. I remembered that my pics don’t look like they have as much detail (ie. Pixels ) when they are on fb, so I downloaded the pic from fb bs using the original.

Isn’t he cute?

Hi everyone

Lisa - I'm more impressed with your two beers!! Glad to hear you're getting out and about on the bike again. Good that your sis has a therapist at least.

Mary - What did you think of Captain Marvel? We're thinking about going this weekend. Wow, it certainly sounds like you've got a little business going there... lots of beds to change! Yes, it must be more than 10 years now. I think we were all early 40s.

Today was TBTUB and yesterday I did ICE RSK. I started that thinking it was one of her easier ones but I was praying for it to end with about 10 minutes to go!
I'm off to London tomorrow to see my uni pals which is always fun.
I've also got a mini-windfall so I'm planning some clothes shopping soon as I don't really buy much anymore.
Have a nice weekend everyone!

Lisa, I was also LOL at your two beers! Yes, he is a cutie, don't blame you for the excitement on that one : ). Phone to FB to computer to forum is how I've uploaded resized pics in the past, but I'm not on FB too much these days. It sounds like you enjoyed your rides. Do you still use Strava?

Mary, did you enjoy Capt Marvel? My dd has seen it twice so far. I think I'm opposite of you, I prefer solitude in my home, maybe b/c I'm introverted and need the recharge? You've got quite the revolving door there at Casa College Mama! ha ha : )

Ronne, what did you do in London w/ the pals? Also, Yay for mini windfalls! Gosh, that workout is 10 years old? :::shakes head::::

Tracy, what kind of rotation did you end up doing? How's life with the dog kids going?

Workout wise- I've done some FS; MC, SC (TS 6 blasts at 0.8 speed) and Push (TS 1 set), today will be Pull TS and ??.
Nature wise, patio garden has lots of tomatoes, kale and chard plus the cardinals are routine visitors to feeders plus grackles, jays and a few others.
Bike should be here Bianchi Lucca soon, hopefully will fit or perhaps I'll order the ladies version.
Work wise I've managed to resist going in on past two days off!
ETA I stepped on scale today. I don't want to say what it was, but I will need to lose 25 lb to get to 130. OMG

Last edited:
Yesterday I rode for 8 miles at Riverbend on a rented clunker, it turned out to be just too nice of a day to be indoors. Today I did the previously planned FS Pull 1 set TS and cardio from that dvd. Car shopping w/ dd today. Have a good week all~~

Quick hello! Long work week ahead, I played, now I must pay! Hope everyone is well! Will have more time later in week, Mary

Hello

Jody - well done on the workouts and the ride. Try not to focus on the numbers and just think about how you feel. I'm sure getting out and about on the bike will make you feel better. Just look at Lisa! All those veggies sound good.

Mary - have a good week at work.

We didn't actually do anything on Saturday. We just find a restaurant and settle in for several hours of food and chat!
I'm almost at the end of the rotation, just one more workout to go. I did my nemesis today PHA (original) and actually didn't find it as bad as I was expecting. After this is finished I'll probably do something else for a bit. I haven't done yoga for ages so I might do a bit of that and some non-Cathe dvds.

I've been out cycling for the last 3 days. Woot! 50 miles in all. Today it's off to Boulder for a haircut even though it's another gorgeous spring day but my body is tired so forced rest is good. Hopefully a ride tomorrow and then some cooler Temps, rain/snow.

Jody, I'm not on any bike forums but I still am on Strava. That sounds about like my weight. I, like Ronne said, just go with how I feel, try to be healthy and enjoy in moderation.

Mary, are all the kids back at school? Everyday runs Into the next for me these retired days.

Ronne, I try to tell sis that the yoga at the senior apartment will be good for her, all I get is silence. She's dog shopping again (I see in her email), sigh, she's back to her poor me lonely ways minus scumbag at least. I just don't have the energy to deal with her. It's in her domain of control for her to do something g to be happy, it's not up to me! If only she could grasp that and sadly therapist appt isn't until April 9th.

Heading out for another bike ride today. I'm sore and lazy but I gotta get out while the getting is good (ie good weather). Jody, I'm a total introvert and am happy puttering around home or on the trails. Not only to recharge but because that's what makes me happy and in my advancing age I'm not going to try to fit in anyone's preconceived notion of what I should be doing in retirement or even in my life.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.