Strength in Numbers

Julie That happens sometimes with the disappearing posts. Great job on your lower body weights, mobility, and upper body weights. It’s always nice to get that teeth cleaning behind you for another 6 months.

Cheryl I’m glad that you had fun at the regatta. It sounds like a good weekend but I’m sure it was exhausting.

Julie Great job on your lower body weights. That is great that you were able to push yourself. It seems like I just keep feeling weaker lately.

Yesterday I forgot to post but I did Gym Style Chest and triceps. I forgot about all of those push ups to start that one. Between that and the really short rests between sets, my chest was fried afterwards. This morning was gym style legs. It seemed like it lasted forever! Tonight we have a pre season hockey game. I’m going with Ashley because DH is out of town for a race. I can’t believe it’s already hockey season again! Have a great day!

Pam
 
Julie Great work on your lower body workout with not getting good sleep and being able to push yourself.

Pam Good job on GS Chest and Triceps. Those push ups to start really got me too. Good job on GS Legs too, that is a long one. Have fun at the hockey game. It feels like it just ended.

This morning was P30 Upper Body. Now I need to get some cleaning done. Tonight I am going out to practice with the dragon boat team that I will be subbing for on Saturday. It is suppose to start raining sometime tonight so I am hoping that it will wait until I am back home.

Have a great day.

Cheryl
 
Pam Great job on GS C&T! That one has so many pushups in the beginning. I remember thinking this woman was insane the first time I did it. Great job on GS Legs too! That series is so hard. Have fun at the game.

Cheryl Great job on P30 UB! Hope the rain missed you and you had a great practice.

This morning was my upper body weights! I have an all day leadership meeting and I am also supposed to go to a mentoring mingling session. I am not sure I will do that second one though. My anxiety is already high enough with the leadership meeting.

Have a great day!
 
Cheryl Great job on P30 Upper body. I hope you had a great practice and didn’t get rained on!

Julie Great job on upper body weights. Oh your day sounds excruciating. The mentoring mingling session especially sounds like one of those things I just hate. I hope the day went well though.

This morning was Gym Style Back, shoulders and biceps. I looked at the length before I started and thought it said 62 minutes. I was trying to figure out how in the world we were going to work biceps for that long, so I was pleasantly surprised that I had misread and it was 52 minutes. The hockey game was fun last night even though only 2 of our regular guys played. It was all AHLers that looked like they were about 12! It was a good game though and we won in a shootout which made it pretty exciting. Have a great day!

Pam
 
Julie Good work on your upper body workout. I hated the leadership and mentorship sessions. I hope the day goes by fast for you.

Pam Great job on GS Back, shoulders and biceps. Sounds like you had a good game. We had a game last night as well. Only two of our regulars played and all the rest were the younger players seeing how they do. We didn't win but it is only exhibition.

Last nights practice was good and it didn't rain on us either. The water was nice and calm too. This morning I did LM&R 2 Dynamic Flexibility and Core. Then I got the grocery shopping done. Now I need to get some things done around here. Also I may not be able to post tomorrow as we are going to be loosing power as hydro needs to do some upgrades. Should be a fun day.

Cheryl
 
Pam Great job on GS BSB! Glad you had a great time at the hockey game. I've noticed as I get older everyone looks way to young to be doing what they are doing.

Cheryl Yea, glad the rain missed you and you had a good practice. Great job on LM&R2 DF&C! Hope you are not without power for too long.

This morning was my sleep in day! I so needed the extra rest. I could have kept sleeping. Yesterday's all day meeting ended up going by pretty fast so that was nice. Hopefully we don't have another one for a year.

Have a great weekend!
 
Cheryl That’s nice that you had a good practice. Great job on LM&R2 DF&C! Oh, I hope your hydro isn‘t out for too long. That is never fun.

Julie I’m glad you had a nice sleep in and that your all day meeting wasn’t too bad!

This morning was LM&R Total Body. I’m meeting some friends for lunch later and then I have my crochet group. Have a great day!

Pam
 
Julie That is good that your all day meeting went by fast. Enjoy your weekend.

Pam Good job on LM&R Total Body. I hope you enjoyed your lunch and crochet group.

So the power didn't go off yesterday. I guess they changed their mind but I am assuming we will be without power sometime in the next while. Because I didn't know that the power wasn't going to go out I decided to go out for a walk instead of possibly having my workout interrupted. While I was on my walk there was a mother bear with her cubs on the trail. They were all busy eating to get fattened up for winter. Then in the afternoon I went to the SPCA to help out. This morning I did P30 Lower Body. Now I need to get some meals prepped for my dragon boat regatta tomorrow and I have a all day pet first aid course on Sunday. It will be a busy weekend.

Cheryl
 
Cheryl Great job on your walk. That was probably a bit frustrating wondering when the power was going to go out and then it not happening. Great jjob on P30 lower body, pet first aid sounds like it would be interesting, I hope it went well. How cute to see a mama bear and her cubs. Kind’ve scary, but cute!

Friday I didn’t get a workout in. I had to take Ashley for surgery. She went for an eye exam earlier this week and they found that both of her retinas were detached! They were able to fix one with laser surgery that day, but she needed more extensive surgery on the other one. She’s staying with us until she is able to get back to normal activities. Yesterday morning was Muscle Max. Then I just did some work around the house and had some pool time. This morning I was pretty sore so I did Stretch Max with the band. Now I’m not sure what’s up for the day. Have a great one!

Pam
 
Happy Monday. This morning was Great Glutes and the abs from Muscle Endurance. Now I have a bit of running around to do. Have a great day!

Pam
 
Pam Good work on Muscle Max, Stretch Max and Great Glutes and and abs from ME. That would be scary to find out that both of her retinas were detached. I hope she recovers quickly so she can get back to her normal activities.

Saturday was my last dragon boat regatta of the season. It was cold but at least it wasn't raining. It was fun but I am glad that the season is over and I can now sleep in on Saturdays. Yesterday was the pet first aid course. It was all day but you sure do learn a lot. Now to remember it if I ever need to use it. At least I have a manual to refer to. This morning was LM&R Yoga Fusion. I was pretty sore so I needed to do some stretching. Then I got laundry done and now I have a few errands to do.

Have a great day.

Cheryl
 
Cheryl Congratulations on finishing your last regatta of the season. Great job on LM&R YF!

This morning was Strong Body Stacked sets and the extended stretch. I really needed that long stretch since everything is sore. This afternoon we have our first regular season Hockey game and they will be raising the Stanley cup banner. Have a great day!

Pam
 
Pam Great job on Strong Body Stacked Sets and the extended stretch. That is exciting to have the Stanley Cup banner raised. Maybe one day our team will win it, but it won't be in the near future. We are in a rebuilding phase again. Our first game is tonight too.

This morning was LM&R2 Upper Body. Now I need to get a few things done and hopefully the rain will stop for a bit so I can get an afternoon walk in.

Have a great day.

Cheryl
 
Pam Great job on LM&R Total Body, MM, SM w/band, GG plus ME abs, and SBSS plus ES! Oh no, that sounds awful having both retinas detached, what symptoms did she have that made her get them checked out?

Cheryl Great job on your walk, P30 LB, LM&R YF, and LM&R2 UB! Getting to sleep in on Saturdays sounds nice. I would love to take a pet first aid class but you are right, it would be hard to remember everything with only one class. Hope you were able to get your walk in.

I don't know what happened that I forgot to post Monday and Tuesday. I think I thought about and my mind must have said well that's done. Anyway, not like I have any surprises. My weekend was the same with Friday lower body and then a bunch of errands in the afternoon, Saturday was mobility and chores around the house, Sunday was upper body weights, Monday was my sleep in day, Tuesday was lower body weights, and this morning was upper body weights. I barely made it through today. I got really poor sleep last night so I am looking forward to going back to bed already.

Have a great day!
 
Cheryl The banner raising was fun, but unfortunately we lost the game wth 4 seconds left in overtime. I think the team is a bit rusty. It‘s a bummer when your team is rebuilding, the games definitely aren’t as much fun. Great job on LM&R2 UB! I hope the rain stopped and you were able to get a walk in.

Julie She didn’t have any symptoms, she was just going for her annual eye exam which is the crazy part. She’s really lucky that she happened to catch it like that. I was a little worried when you hadn’t posted for a couple of days so happy to see it’s just that you forgot. Great job on lower body, mobility, lower body, and upper body! I hpe you are able to get a much better sleep tonight.

This morning was Body weight and bands and six pack abs 2. It went by pretty quickly and wasn’t too bad. I think I have only done that one a couple of times before. Now I have to take the kittens for their vaccines. They are almost 2 pounds so will be ready for their spay/neuter surgeries soon. Have a great day!

Pam
 
Julie I am glad that you just forgot to post. Good job on your lower body workouts, your mobility work and your lower body workouts. I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

Pam We did win the game in OT last night. Though they did blow a 3 goal lead. They will be playing Edmonton again tomorrow night so we will see what happens. Great work on Body Weight and Bands and Six Pack Abs 2. It is amazing how fast the kittens grow.

This morning I did yoga again. I am really stiff so I need to work on that. Then I went and got groceries. I did get my walk in yesterday and I will probably try to get out again this afternoon since it is really nice out.

Have a great day.

Cheryl
 
Pam Great job on BW & Bands plus 6 pack abs! Sorry to have worried you. I would be the same way if either of you hadn't posted in a while. Hope everything goes well with the vaccines.

Cheryl Great job on yoga! Hope you can work the stiffness out and can get some nice walks in while the weather is nice.

This morning was my sleep in day. I have not been getting good sleep. I could have stayed in bed for another hour or two. Oh well, at least it is the weekend.

Have a great weekend!
 
Cheryl Congratulations on the win, that is frustrating when they blow a big lead like that. Great job on yoga. I hope it helos with the stiffness.

Julie Sorry to hear that you are still not getting great sleep. Hopefully you will get caught up this weekend.

This morning was STS 2 Mobility 1&2. I really needed the stretching. It’s going to be a beautiful day so I’ll try and spend some time outside. Have a great day!

Pam
 
Julie Sorry that you aren't getting a good sleep. It really does affect your day. I hope you can catch up this weekend.

Pam Good work on STS 2 Mobility 1 & 2. Enjoy your beautiful day.

This morning was LM&R 2 Lower Body. Now we have some errands to do before I need to go to the SPCA.

Have a great day.

Cheryl
 
Cheryl Great job on LM&R2 LB! Hope everything went well at the SPCA!

This morning was STS 2 Giant Sets Total Body. That one is a killer for me.. My forearms get so tired holding the weights even though I wear my versa gripps. It seems like Cathe lifts some crazy heavy weights in it too. It makes me feel like such a weakling . It’s going to be 90 here today so I guess our fake fall is over. Have a great day!

Pam
 

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Top