Strength in Numbers

Julie Good job on your heavy upper body push workout and core yoga flow. I think I remember what a wild thing pose is and if I remember correctly I liked them too.

Pam Great work on AOLIH and core 1.

So I didn't do a workout today. My workout room is a mess because I needed to move everything away from the hot water heater. The person came in the morning and it took about 1 1/2 hours to get it done. After that I went and got groceries. I still need to clean up my workout room though. Tonight we need to go and get an MRI done on DH's lower back and pelvis. The appointment isn't until 10:30 pm so it will be really late or very early in the morning before we get back home. I know I won't be working out tomorrow either because DH has a doctors appointment tomorrow morning too. I think it is going to be one of those weeks.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on AOLIH and core 1! The best way I can think to describe the wildthing pose is a cross between a side plank and a backbend. It actually feels pretty good once you get it.

Cheryl I am glad you got your hot water heater replaced so quickly. Hope DH's MRI went well and you weren't there too long. Positive thoughts for his other appointments.

This morning I did some core work that involved what was supposed to be a handstand tuck and landing back on one foot and shooting the other out to the side (kind of like the moves in Supercuts but with a handstand tuck added). I have no idea what I was doing but there was no handstanding, no tucking, and therefore no side kick at the end. It was quite comical my efforts. After that I did a ride in Jamaica and a Hatha yoga session.

Have a great day!

This morning I did a heavy back and bis workout and then added on a core yoga flow that had flying crow in it. That was not happening but it was fun to try and maybe something to work towards someday.

I am looking forward to having tomorrow off work but of course I have a big to do list I also want to get done.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl I hope you were able to get your workout room cleaned up and DH's MRI went well. I can't believe his appointment was at 10:30 pm!! That is crazy.I hope his other appointment went well also.

Julie That sounds like a really crazy core move. I give you big points for even attempting it. It sounds like something I would sit and watch in stunned silence :p. Great job on your ride in Jamaica and Hatha yoga, heavy back and biome ad core yoga flow. Flying crow would not be happening with me either. That's another one that I don't think I would even attempt. I hope you get your to do list finished and have some time to enjoy your day off!

Somehow I missed posting yesterday but I didm Strong Body Stacked sets upper and core 1. Then I had to take DH to the airport as he is on a golf trip in Arizona and I went and looked at more furniture after that. I found the dining room table that I want! I have literally been looking for years (off and on), so I was pretty excited. I sent the picture to DH to make sure he likes it too before I got too excited, but luckily he does. Now we just have to decide on chairs :). This morning was LIHI legs and it seemed really hard. When I started I was thinking of adding on the cardio blasts only again since it is short, but by the time I got finished there was no way that was happening! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on your core work. Haha I would have just stared at the TV instead of attempting that move. Great job on your ride in Jamaica and your Hatha yoga session. Good work on your heavy back and bi workout and your core yoga flow. I am not sure what flying crow is, I can't even do a normal crow. Good for you in attempting it. Enjoy your weekend.

Pam Our MRI machines go 24/7 so 10:30 isn't bad. It is better than having to be there for 3 or 4am. Great work on Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper and Core 1 and LIHI Legs. I am happy that you finally found your dining room table. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to find the chairs that you want.

So DH's MRI went well, we just need to wait for the results. I didn't get to bed until 12:30am and of course I was wide awake by 6am and I couldn't get back to sleep. In the morning we went to DH's doctors appointment which went well but we were both really tired. After that we went to get a few errands done and when we got home I crashed on the couch for a long nap. This morning I just did ICE Low Impact Sweat 1 then I went to work just for a couple of hours. It is a holiday here so we were not open today but the animals needed to be looked after.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl I can't imagine having to go for an MRI in the middle of the night, wow! Great job on LIS!

This morning for me was Circuit Blast. I did the last three rounds twice to make it an hour. Then I had some more planting to do and some work outside before the woman who is adopting Summer and Willow came to pick them up. It's starting to feel quiet around here with just 4 fosters. Artie and Hugo have a meet and greet on Sunday so hopefully that will go well. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Good job on Circuit Blast. It is time to get more fosters to liven things up.

Friday I did Rockout Knockout and then I went to take my mom out. She had a few things that she needed to do. Saturday I did P30 Mobility Basics and then I went dragon boating. It was a nice morning and the water was calm. The rain held off until we got back. It was really weird not working this weekend. I had been working everything Friday and Saturday for about the last 2 years. Today I walked down to the Farmers Market in the pouring rain and got the laundry done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on SBSS Upper and core 1! How exciting to finally find your dining room table. Hopefully finding the chairs won't take as long. Great job on LIHI Legs! That one is a hard one! Great job on CB Pam-style premix! Fingers crossed for Artie and Hugo.

Cheryl Glad his MRI went well. So crazy how late it was. Sounds like you definitely needed that nap. Great job on ICE LIS 1 and RK! That's great you were able to get your mom out and help her get some things done. Great job on P30 MB and dragon boating! I bet it feels like retiring all over again! Flying crow has one leg straight and one bent. It requires you to lean so far forward, you are almost resting your chin on the floor.

Friday I did some core work, a Hatha yoga session, and a walk in Germany! After that I did some meal prepping and cleaning. Got done just in time to see it snow outside. It was just a dusting and it didn't last through the night but it made me sad. Saturday I did a heavy leg workout and then went to visit my parents for a few hours. Sunday was my lazy day. This morning I did STS Meso 1 D3 Legs and some core work!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on RK. It's nice that you were able to take your mom out. Great job on MB and dragon boating, I'm glad that the rain held off for you. Will you be done for the season soon? Now you'll be going back to not knowing what day it is anymore like me :).

Julie The chairs are definitely not going to take as long. I already have the 3 finalists selected, I just want to go back and sit in all of them and see if I can put them by the table. Great job on your core work, yoga, walk in Germany, meal prepping and cleaning! SNOW...Ugh! I would have been very sad too :(. Great job on your heavy leg workout. It's nice that you were able to visit your parents, I hope they are doing well. Great job on M1D3!

Saturday was my rest day. I did a little running around and cleaning and then went out for dinner with 2 friends. Sunday my friend and I went for a bike ride, then I did some yard work and made lasagna sauce. This morning was Intensity series bootcamp. Now I need to make the pasta and out the lasagna together for a girl's get together tomorrow night. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Yep it does feel a bit like retiring all over again. I doubt that I would ever be able to do the flying crow. Great job on your core work Hatha yoga session and walk in Germany, your heavy weight workout and STS Meso 1 D3 Legs and core work. It is getting to be that time of year when the snow starts. Hopefully it will hold off a bit longer for you, at least it was gone by morning.

Pam There are only two more Saturdays until the boat comes out of the water for the season. I am happy that I am able to do a few more sessions now that I am not working on Saturdays. Haha I am already there in not knowing what day it is :p. Good work on your bike ride, yard work and Intensity Series Bootcamp.

This morning I did RUUB and then I got some cleaning done. It was a good day for it since it was raining like mad here and really windy. There is flooding in a lot of places and people are being evacuated, power outages and mud slides. It was a good day to stay inside.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on your bike ride with your friend and Bootcamp original! Every time you talk about lasagna I get hungry!

Cheryl Great job on RUUB and your cleaning! I saw some of what was happening in your area on the news. I hope everyone is ok as it looked scary.

This morning I did a heavy push workout and then a core based yoga flow!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Hopefully you will get some good weather for the last 2 dragon boat Saturdays. Great job on RUUB and your cleaning. The flooding and the mudslides are awful. I hope it stays dry for awhile. It definitely sounds like it was a good day to stay inside!

Julie Great job on your heavy push workout and core based yoga!

This morning was Plyo Hiit 2 and core 2, but after I finished plyo HiiT 2 I decided to add some more cardio since it's so short, so I did LI Hiit 1. It was still less than an hour total. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on your heavy push workout and core based yoga flow.

Pam Good work on Plyo Hiit 2 and core 2 and LI Hiit 1.

This morning I did LITE Cardio Party and added on 6 Pack Abs 2. Then I went for an eye doctor appointment. So while I was there the power went out in the whole mall. So I didn't get my eyes tested so I am scheduled to go back on Thursday morning. I did go grocery shopping after though, so I did get something accomplished. So after the storm rolled through yesterday things are a mess. There are roads washed out due to mud slides and flooding. We are lucky here that things aren't too bad. My dragon boat coach sent us pictures of our dragon boat. We are lucky that we still have it. It was so filled with water that it had sunk just below water level. Another one of the teams that trains out of the same place have probably lost both of their boats as they are now at the bottom of the inlet. I am not sure if they can be salvaged or not. We have never seen anything like this before.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on Plyo HiiT 2 and core 2 and your bonus LI HiiT 1! You must have felt energetic this morning to do 2 HiiTs!

Cheryl Great job on LITE CP and 6 pack abs 2! Oh that is a disappointment that you went there and then couldn't get the test done. Oh wow! That is sounding crazy all the damage that is being done. I am glad you haven't had any issues at your place and that your dragon boat wasn't lost or damaged.

This morning I did some core work, a ride in Jamaica and a Hatha yoga session! I am not feeling 100%. DH came into contact with someone who came down with Covid and he has been sick since Sunday. He took a test Monday but we haven't gotten the results yet.

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on your core work, ride in Jamaica and Hatha yoga session. You did well with not feeling 100%. I hope that both of you don't have COVID and that you both feel better soon.

This morning our friend called and asked if I could walk Zoey since she was not going to get out of bed before he had to go to work. So I did a power walk with Zoey which was just over an hour as my workout. We walked down to the pier and saw that the dragon boat team that lost their boats had gotten one up from the bottom and were working on getting the other one up. They had a diver there helping them out with it. I hope they don't have a lot of damage. Then tonight our friend changed our tires over to the snow tires. It was cold out but at least it wasn't raining.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on CP and 6 pack abs! How disappointing to get to you appointment and not be able to do it. The storms you are having are really crazy. I'm glad that your boat was ok and that things aren't as bad where you live.

Julie Great job on core work, your ride, and yoga. That is quite a lot of working out when you aren't feeling your best. I hope that you guys don't have Covid, but if you do that it is mild and you are over it quickly!

Cheryl Great job on your power walk with Zoey. It's great that the other team was able to get their boats off the bottom of the inlet and hopefully they aren't in bad shape.

Yesterday DH and I went for a bike ride. It was a beautiful day and perfect for a ride. It started getting pretty windy on our way back but it was still nice just being outside. This morning was Total Body Trisets upper body split. That one always seems to surprise me with how hard it is. Have a great day.

Pam

Cheryl Great job on your power walk with Zoey! I bet that made her one happy and tired pupper! That is good they got one of their boats up hopefully they can get the other out without any damage. Ugh snow tires!

Pam Great job on your bike ride with DH and TBT UB split! That one is very pushup heavy which makes it hard.

This morning my alarm went off at 3 and I was not going to be able to get up and workout so I went back to bed for about 4 hours. I think it is mostly sinus issues. I did do a very light weight workout for back just to try to some movement. We still haven't heard back on DH's test. I can't believe it is taking this long. I think if we don't get it back tomorrow, we will go to our regular doctor as we went to a pharmacy to get this one done.

I am taking tomorrow off work. Have a great day!

Pam Good work on your bike ride and Total Body Trisets Upper Body Split. That one can be hard especially the planks with triceps kickbacks. That one always does me in.

Julie Great job in doing a light weight workout especially when you are not feeling up to it. It is taking a while to get your DHs test results back. Enjoy your weekend and try to get some rest.

This morning I had an early morning eye doctor appointment so I didn't get a workout in. It seems that if I don't do it in the morning it won't get done at all. So I do need glasses and I found out that I have dry eyes. So now I have to do drops 3 times a day. I also have to go see an ophthalmologist for a more through check as I might have the early stages of glaucoma. I hope not but we will see on Tuesday as that is when my appointment is.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl I am the same way, if I don't workout first thing in the morning, it isn't happening. Oh no, that wasn't a happy appointment but it is better to know these things and get them fixed. At least you don't have to wait too long to see the ophthalmologist.

So this has not been a great weekend. Thursday night DH got his results back that he is positive for COVID. Friday morning I was feeling a little better so I did some core work and a Hatha yoga session then I went and took a test and got a pulse ox monitor for DH. When I got home, I had a text from my mom that my sister was taking my dad to the hospital because they thought he had a stroke. After a CT scan and MRI they confirmed he had a small stroke. He has some slurred speech and balance issues but they released him Sunday after receiving some therapy to make sure he could walk with a cane on his own and swallow food without any problems. Saturday, DH woke me up at 1:30 saying he wanted to go to the hospital. His oxygen percent was at 85 and anything under 90 is concerning. The ER got him in right away but wouldn't let me stay with him longer than to give the nurse a history of his meds and symptoms. He ended up getting admitted and is still there. They have been able to reduce the oxygen they are giving him and his percent is staying in the mid 90s so that is good. I did do STS Meso 1 Disc 6 Legs and some core work this morning. Hoping to hear from the doctor this morning with an update of good news.

Have a great day!

Julie Oh no you sure didn't have a good weekend. I hope your dad gets better soon and that the effects of the stroke are minor. I hope your DH is doing better and he can get out of the hospital soon. It is so hard when you are not able to go there to visit and you have to sit at home and wait. Good for you in doing your Hatha yoga session and STS Meso 1 Disc 6 Legs and core work.

Friday I did something but of course I can't remember what it was. Saturday I went dragon boating since our boat was fine after the storm. Sunday I went for a walk in the morning since it wasn't raining so I decided to take advantage of that. This morning I did P30 Upper Body and then I took Zoey out for a walk. She didn't want to get out of bed again and our friend needed to get to work so I took her for a good walk. Then I needed to go to work for a couple of hours to cover for my assistant manager who needed to get her daughter in to the orthodontist to get something fixed on her braces. It was very quiet since we didn't get our usual transfer of animals because all the roads were washed out and traffic couldn't get through due to the storm that rolled through last week.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.