Strength in Numbers

Cheryl I'm glad that you got to enjoy a nice evening of dragon boating. That's a bummer about the sore throat, but nice that it seems to have gone away so quickly.

Julie I had the GS workouts on VHS and burned them from there to DVD so I suspect I may need to just break down and buy the downloads at some point. I thought the Live downloads were kind've expensive too, especially since I'm assuming there are no premixes or bonuses like on most of the DVDs. I was looking at them, but I have no idea how to pick some that I might want to buy. Great job on Live hit the road! I hope you enjoy the long weekend.

Cheryl I'm glad that you are feeling better, great job on Body weight and bands! It makes me sosad that it's dark in the mornings and evenings again :(.

Yesterday was supposed to be strong body stacked sets upper, but since that one is so short I also did Cardio Party. Then I had to drop my car off to have the windshield replaced and do a bunch of running around. We are getting a new roof on our house so it's really loud in here. I thought the kittens would freak out, but most of them of just fascinated by it. This morning was Plyo Hiit 2 and bonus ab 2. I will ever understand how they do the double foot hops over the bench so fast! I do half as many as they do. Spanky's meet and greet went so much better than I expected. He took treats from them and let them pet him and was playing. I didn't get the impression that they all adopt him, but I was happy that he did so well. Have a great day.

Pam

Pam Great job on Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper and Cardio Party. That is great that your kittens aren't freaking out about all the noise. Good work on Plyo Hiit 2 and bonus abs 2. Nice to hear that Spanky's meet and greet went well.

So this morning it was suppose to be Plyo Hiit 2 but I did Low Impact Hiit 2 instead plus bonus abs 2. Then I got the vacuuming done and the floors washed. Then I went out and cleaned up outside. It was a nice afternoon though a bit breezy. I have had to turn the heat on :(. It is getting colder outside now.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on LI Hiit 2+bonus abs. That is terrible that you had to turn on the heat! It is still in the 90s here, but I don't know how much longer it will last.

This morning was Athletic Training, then I finished the laundry and did some running around. I spent some time in the pool this afternoon because I'm not sure how many more pool days we will have. I'm happy for summer to hang out as long as it wants to though. Have a great day.

Pam

This morning was Power Max. I didn't have a workout on the calendar but felt like dong some steady state cardio. Have a great day.

Pam

Pam It is no where near the 90s here now. Enjoy your pool and summer weather for as long as it lasts. Great work on Athletic Training and Power Max.

Saturday morning I went dragon boating. It was a cool morning only up in the high 40s. But there was blue sky and it did warm up a bit more while we were out. Then I went to my shift at the SPCA. This morning I did segment 3 of Stretch Max and then went to the farmers market. It was really busy since it was so nice out. Then we went out and got some errands done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl So glad you are feeling better! Great job on Lite BW & Bands and housework and meal prepping! Great job on subbing in LIHiit 2 and abs 2! Oh no, I don’t like the sound of turning the heat on. We are actually having a one day heat wave in the 80s and then it will get to 60s by the end of the week. We need the hot day today to help dry things out. Oh that sounds chilly at 40 degrees but since you are working, I am sure you warmed up fast. Great job on SM3!

Pam Great job on your double shot of SBSSUB and CP! Oh that is too cute about the kittens being fascinated by the roofers. Two of my dogs would be barking up a storm and the third would be cowering from the noise. Great job on Plyo HiiT 2 plus abs 2! There are so many moves Cathe does way too fast for me to keep up with safely. Good job Spanky! Maybe he is getting more comfortable with strangers. Great job on AT and Power Max!

Sorry for the long rant below. It was an eventful Friday off for me!

Friday was supposed to be a relax day but it ended up being a crazy day. I did do a run in Portugal and Cathe Live Cardio Core Plateau Buster (since they were both short I doubled up). Then I went to my mom’s to help her set up some Rokus. In the afternoon I was just getting into relaxing when we got inundated with rain. About 6 inches in a little over an hour. Luckily DH was home and noticed water coming in our utility room and bathroom. The septic tank started to back up into the tub (gross yes). We were lucky that we had installed a de-watering system 10 years ago or we would have had water getting into all the bedrooms in the basement including ours. We were able to keep up with the water coming in thanks to DH’s brilliant idea to use the carpet shampooer to vacuum up the water. Most of our neighbors were not so lucky and some had 3 feet of water in their basements. The town next to us had some people evacuated by the Fire department it was so bad. It did stop pouring around 5 and became a drizzle for the rest of the night which stopped the influx of water coming in so we didn’t have to vacuum up the water all night but I got horrible sleep since it was still raining all night and I was worried that it would start flooding again. Saturday I did a quick strength workout and then finished cleaning up the utility room and doing a few more chores around the house. Sunday was a lazy day and I really needed it. This morning I did Live Total Body BB Challenge and it was really good.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Wow, 40s is chilly, but it sounds like you had a beautiful morning dragon boating Great job on Stretch Max.

Julie Great job on your run in Portugal and Live CCPB. What a nightmare of an afternoon/evening you had on Friday. That was brilliant of your DH to figure out how to keep ahead of the water, but that must have been so stressful too. I'm not surprised that you had trouble sleeping that night after all of that. Great job on your strength workout and Live TBBBC. It sounds like you definitely needed a lazy day on Sunday!

This morning did All Step from CTX. That was the first Cathe workout I ever did and was the one that got me hooked. It came with a step that I bought many years ago. It is still as much fun now as it was then. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Our temperatures are not anywhere near what you have. We are mainly in the 60s in the afternoon. Great work on your run in Portugal and Live Cardio Core Plateau Buster. Wow did you ever have an eventful afternoon/evening. That is a lot of rain in just over an hour. That was a great idea of your DHs to use the carpet shampooer to vacuum up the water. I wouldn't have been able to sleep either worrying about flooding. Good job on your quick strength workout and Live Total Body BB Challenge.

Pam Great work on CTX All Step. I haven't done that one in years but I remember it being fun.

This morning I did Lite Metabolic Blast and the Calorie Crush. Then I got some cleaning and cooking done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on All Step CTX! DH was thrilled with his idea but I told him, we really need to get a shop vac in case this happens again.

Cheryl Great job on Lite MB plus CC! I am not looking forward to colder weather but I guess it is inevitable.

This morning I did an interval run in India and a hike in Hawaii. Its the first week of the month and again will be a busy week for me with my monthly performance reviews. Let the fun times roll!

Have a great day!

Julie Good work with your interval run in India and your hike in Hawaii. Doing performance reviews is never fun but having to do it monthly..... Ugg.

This morning I did FT Legs, Glutes and Core. Then I went out to my brother's to feed his cat. He is away in Toronto for business meetings. Then I went and got groceries.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on FT LGC! Yes it is no fun especially when you have 11 people who report to you. My whole first week of the month is just one right after the other.

This morning I did Live Low Impact Cardio Compound Training. It was really good.

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on Live Low Impact Cardio Compound Training.

This morning was Low Impact Sweat. Then I went out to my brothers to feed his cat. When I got home I got the laundry and vacuuming done. Tonight I went to help bring in our 2 dragon boats, 1 outrigger canoe and 1 war canoe. We only had about 14 people which was barely enough for the dragon boats. 1 of them weighs about 400 pounds and the other one weighs about 900 pounds. We got it done though.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on LIS! Oh my that is some heavy boats you were carrying. What is a war canoe?

This morning I did Live Cardio Muscle Fusion! I was super tired because we got a thunderstorm last night and Layla paces and trembles during those so I lost about 2 and a half hours of sleep. I was scared about today's workout because Cathe said it was going to be an intense one and it was but I surprisingly kept up.

Have a great day!

Julie I am not sure what a war canoe is, but it is a bit smaller than a regular canoe. I am not sure how it got its name but that is what they called it when we took it out of the water. You are so good in getting up to get your workout in after losing 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I don't think I could have done that. Great work on Live Cardio Muscle Fusion.

This morning I didn't have time for a workout. I needed to get to my brother's to feed his cat and it is about a 1 hour round trip drive. I needed to be at work this morning too so I didn't have a lot of time to get ready and get out the door. We got 6 kittens and 1 budgie today. I need to work tomorrow too since my manager just had dental surgery so I need to take her shift tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too crazy busy.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl I had to google a budgie. Their coloring is so pretty and vibrant. My FIL had a parakeet that used to just sit on his shoulder. I don't know how I get up with missed sleep either some times. The struggle is definitely real on those days.

This morning I did an interval run in Portugal and a hike in Australia. I am so ready for the weekend. This has been a long week. Of course it is getting colder out. This morning I opened the door to let the dogs out and it was a little chilly already.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Great job on your interval run in Portugal and hike in Australia. I bet you are ready for the weekend after the performance reviews. It is getting colder here too. It will get down close to freezing here later in the week.

So Friday I did ICE Chiseled Upper Body. Then I went to the SPCA to fill in for my manager. She had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled this past week so she has been off. I was glad that it wasn't too busy since I was there by myself with a few volunteers. Saturday morning I went dragon boating. The water was like glass and it was a great paddle. Then in the afternoon I went to do my regular shift at the SPCA. It was another quiet day there. Sunday I wanted to go to the farmers market but the traffic was gridlocked. There was a motorcycle toy run for Christmas that was happening and all the roads were closed. There was no way I could get to the market so I just went home. It is a good cause but to not have any detour that you could take to get to where you wanted to go was really annoying.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on ICE CUB! I'm assuming water like glass means it is smoother and easier to paddle? Oh my, we are not close to freezing yet. Well low 40s but not in the 30s yet. Getting close to wanting to put the heat on at home but DH is holding off.

Saturday I did a quick strength workout only using the band and it felt really good to work the muscles differently. After that it was housework and meal prepping for the week. Sunday was my lazy day and this morning I did an interval run in Portugal and a Live Strong Express: UB that was just perfect to pair together. I thought for a minute we were going to get away with no pushups or core work but Cathe threw in the pu/su combo at the end along with a long set of reverse crunches.

Have a great day!

Sorry to have been MIA for so long but I see you have both been doing a great job keeping up with your workouts. Last Tuesday I did a 21 mile bike ride with my friend and Wednesday was Intensity. Then I had to go pick up the wedding cakes and we left Wednesday afternoon for the beach to get ready for the wedding. We had record high temperatures on Thursday and Friday. I'm not sure it it hit 100 or only made it to 99 but it was hot. Luckily it cooled off by 20 degrees for the party on Friday night and the wedding on Saturday because everything was outside. The party and the wedding were both so much fun and everything went great. We got home last night and I was exhausted. I felt sorry for my DH because he had to go catch a flight last night for a business trip :eek:. I was a little worried seeing tabatacise on the calendar for this morning, but it went really well and seemed to fly by after 4 days of no workouts. Now I'm getting caught up on laundry and hopefully will be getting my stained glass piece soldered. Spanky has a really bad limp so I'm taking him to the vet this afternoon. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Yes water like glass does mean that it is smooth and easier to paddle in. Good work on your strength workout with the band. It does work muscles differently than dumbbells and your interval run in Portugal and Live Strong Express UB. Haha yep Cathe got you in the end didn't she :D.

Pam Welcome back. Don't worry about being MIA it looks like you were very busy. Great job on your 21 mile bike ride, Intensity and Tabatacise. Glad that you had nice weather for the wedding and that it cooled down a bit for you. Your poor DH I bet he is really tired. I hope everything is fine with Spanky.

This morning was Athletic Training. Then I got some cooking and baking done. It seemed that I was in the kitchen the whole day.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam No worries on being MIA! You had an big event going on! Great job on your 21 mile bike ride and Intensity before heading out! That is awesome the temps were perfect for the night before and day of the wedding. That would not have been fun to have an outdoor wedding in 100 degree heat. Great job on tabatacise! Maybe it was the cake that helped push you through it! Hope everything is ok with Spanky.

Cheryl Great job on AT! I'm not a big cook or baker anymore so I hate having to spend the whole day in the kitchen but it usually means I got a lot of meal prepping done that will hopefully last me a while.

This morning I did Live Legs for Days! It was fun and flew by. This is one that Cathe actually goes at a good pace. Not frantic fast but slow enough to get you deep into the move. There was only move I felt it went a little too fast to get deep but still wasn't bad. She killed at the end with some floor work.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.