Strength in Numbers

This morning was supposed to be Lean leg and abs, but since I just did that one I subbed in Great Glutei extreme. I felt like I just did that one too, but doing the extreme premix made it a little different. Ava is seeing the vet this morning at 11, keep your fingers crossed for her!

Pam

Pam Great job on LLA with bonus barre! Hope the vaccines went well. Poor Ava! Great job on your 29 mile bike ride and SSUB plus 6 pack abs 2! Yep any upper body would have sufficed! Great job on BM step and power circuits plus BM 2 abs! Oh no, that is so sad about Ava! Did you hear back on the white cat from the owner? I hope no one abandoned her. Great job on GG extreme! I hope Ava’s appointment goes well.

Cheryl Wow, number 6 out of 40 is great! Great job on SM, LLA, and RK! Sounds like you have been keeping very busy. No worries on the not posting. I struggle with getting on a computer at home so I am thankful I can keep in touch with you while at work. Great job on Lite SSUB and CP!

So sorry on being MIA! I forgot to say last week I was taking Thursday and Friday off and Monday being holiday I wouldn’t be back until Tuesday. Thursday I did Live Low Impact Blast Off Circuit! It was pretty good but short. Then it was cleaning and errands all day. Friday I did a run in Portugal and a hike in Hawaii and then appointments all morning and afternoon. I decided to take the rest of the weekend off from working out. I was hoping it would help my hip flexor but it is still acting up this morning when I was doing Live Hiit It, Strike It, Crunch It which was super tough after 3 days off working out and not the best eating habits.

Have a great day!

Pam I am surprised that I have hardly any grey. A little bit at the front but that is about it. Good job on Stacked Sets Upper and Six Pack Abs 2 and Body Max Step and power circuits and the abs from BM 2 and Great Glutes Extreme. Oh sorry to hear about Ava I have my fingers crossed for her. That is so hard to deal with. I hope the people didn't abandon the cat but you never know with people.

Julie No worries about being MIA we all do it every once in a while. Great work on Live Low Impact Blast Off Circuit your run in Portugal and hike in Hawaii and Live Hiit It, Strike It, Crunch It. I hope you hip flexor is doing better.

Saturday I went dragon boating in the morning. It was a really nice day on the water. Then in the afternoon I went to work at the SPCA. Sunday I didn't get a chance to workout as we had my mom, brother and aunt over for a last minute BBQ for lunch. So I was at the farmers market as soon as it opened and then went home to prep everything. Monday morning I started Cathe's September rotation with S&S Bootcamp. It had been a long time since I had done that one. I didn't go dragon boating last night as it seemed almost the whole team went away for the long weekend. This morning I did Lean Legs and Abs and then went to work at the SPCA until the early afternoon when the assistant manager got back from her doctor's appointment. It was really quiet there today.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl So glad the weather has been nice. We have been enjoying some nice weather too lately. I am loving being able to relax outside without the heat! Sounds like you had a great weekend with the family BBQ too! Great job on S&S BC and LLA! My hip flexor is still acting up but it really only bothers me with lunges for the most part so I think it is getting better I am just so impatient.

This morning I did Live Breathless Upper Body! It was a lot more cardio than I expected but good. It was 4 rounds of 4 blasts followed by 4 upper body weight moves and then ended with 3 standing core exercises and a plank. Nothing was repeated which was nice.

Have a great day!

Julie The vaccines went well. Luckily the two kittens were very laid back and you wouldn't have known anything had happened I have to check again, but last I heard the owner of the white cat had not called to claim her :( We did find out from the microchip company that her name is Cider. No worries about being MIA, we all have our terms. Grea job on Live LIBOC, your run in Portugal, and your hike in Hawaii. That is a bummer that your hip flexor wasn't feeling better after taking the rest of the weekend off. Great job on Live HJISIC! I'm sure you'll get back to your normal habits quickly.

Cheryl You are lucky to have so little grey! My DH is like that too. Great job on dragon boating and your shift at the SPCA. It sounds like a fun weekend with an impromptu BBQ. Great job on S&S BC and LLA.

Julie Great job on LIVE BUB, it sounds like one that I would like.

This morning was Rock em sock em Kickbox and Icy core 1. It was supposed to be Icy Core 2, but I saw the premix with #1 first so just selected that one. Ava was diagnosed with FIP yesterday :(. She probably should have beeb euthanized right away, but they wanted some time to process it and say good bye, so they took her home with some pain meds. I feel so bad for them, it certainly isn't something you expect when you adopt a kitten. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Bummer that your hip flexor is still acting up. But at least it is only on lunges. Hopefully it will get better soon. Great work on Live Breathless Upper Body. It is nice when you only go through things once.

Pam Great job on Rock'em Sock'em Kickbox and Icy Core 1. We are both doing the September rotation. So sad about Ava. It doesn't seem fair when you have to euthanize a kitten. They are supposed to live a long happy life.

This morning was Rock'em Sock'em for me too. I also did icy core 1 since icy core 2 wasn't one of the premixes. Then I went and got groceries and got a few other things done around the house.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on Rock em Sock em and Icy core 1. I bet you did LIHI back, shoulders, and biceps today :)

This morning was LIHI back, shoulders and biceps. I hadn't done that one in a long time and it was hard, especially the biceps! Now we're waiting to see what happens with Dorian. We should be far enough inland, but they closed our schools today because of it. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Hmm … Cider is an interesting name choice for an all white cat. Great job on RSK plus icy core 1! Oh I feel so bad for that couple and poor Ava. Great job on LIHI BSB! Cathe loves to work biceps and she has some crazy strong ones. Hope you stay safe and everything goes well.

Cheryl Great job on RSK plus icy core 1!

Work got out of control yesterday so I didn’t get a chance to post. I did do Live Fit Legs. It was really good but man Cathe did not stop once to wipe sweat or get a drink until the cooldown. I had to pause a few times because I was flinging sweat everywhere. This morning despite my legs crying after Fit Legs I did an interval run in Portugal and a hike in Australia. Now I am ready for the weekend!

Have a great weekend!

Julie Cider is a strange name for a white cat! The owners never called to claim her so the people who found her brought her in to a bathroom to keep her out of the storm. I'm hoping we can find a rescue who can take her. One of our fosters in interested in fostering her, so hopefully we will be able to take her in. Great job on Live fit legs, it sounds like a goodie!! Great job on your interval run in Portugal and your hike in Australia, I can't believe you did that with sore legs! You are a machine!

This morning I was supposed to do Plyo hiit1, but I hate all of those burpees, so I did plyo hiit 2 and bonus abs 1. We didn't have any issues from Dorian and my DH was able to get home from NY last night. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Yep it was LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps. Great job on that one it is a toughie.

Julie Great job on Live Fit Legs and your run in Portugal and hike in Australia.

Pam Good work on Plyo Hiit 2 and bonus abs 1. Glad that you didn't have any issues from Dorian.

So Thursday I did LIHI Back, Shoulder and Biceps but I left out the finishers as I had to be at the SPCA early that morning. I had to take two of our rats in to get checked as they had been sneezing. Then I got ready for our intake of 8 kittens. It was a very busy day. Then I went dragon boating with a new team my coaches have. Friday I did Plyo Hiit 1 and bonus abs 2. I couldn't do the 1 armed burpees though they were just a bit too tough for me. I could tell that I hadn't done that one in a long time either. I was really sore from the workout the day before too. I should have done the LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps since I didn't have time today to do it. I went dragon boating instead this morning and then I went to work at the SPCA.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Oh I hope you can find a home foster or permanent for Cider soon. I am sure she is beautiful! Great job on subbing Plyo HiiT 2 plus abs 1! I hate all those burpees too. Although in Live Cathe has been doing the 1-armed burpees on a step and that makes them so much nicer!

Cheryl Great job on LIHI BSBis express! Oh now, I have to say the thought of rats sneezing sounds adorable but I hope it is nothing serious. That is a busy day with 8 kittens on intake. In Live, Cathe has been doing the 1-armed burpees on a step with 2 risers. They are so much better that way that if I ever do Plyo HiiT 1 again, I will get out my step just for that.

Saturday I was still so sore from Thursday's Live Fit Legs but I did a 20 minute quick strength workout using lighter weights. Then it was housework and meal prepping and picking the last round of pears. In the afternoon DH and I went to my mom's for my sister's birthday. I made pear crisp because I have pears coming out of my ears and it was delicious. Sunday was my lazy day and this morning I did Live Twenty-Five. It was tough but not over the top and at least we got some water breaks this time!

Have a great day!

Julie I think doing the 1 armed burpees on the step would be a lot easier. I will keep that in mind when I do it again. Good job on your 20 minutes quick strength workout, your housework, meal prepping and Live Twenty-Five. Are you going to give away your pears or freeze or can them. Sounds like you will have pears for a very long time. The pear crisp sounds delicious.

Sunday was our Paws for a Cause walk for the SPCA. I needed to get to the shelter by 8am to help load up all of our cars to take stuff to the venue. Then it was setting up all the tents, tables and chairs. I was helping on the registration desk so it was really busy. It was a successful walk though the weather wasn't the nicest. It was humid, overcast and it did rain a bit. Then after it was over we had to take all the tents down and stack up all the tables and chairs for the company to come back to get them. Then it was packing our cars up again to take everything else back to the shelter. I didn't get home until 4pm and was was pooped. Even though I was really tired and had a crappy nights sleep so I didn't workout this morning. I was suppose to go dragon boating tonight but it was cancelled because there was a chance of thunder and lighting.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Bummer about the weather for the event and it sounds like you were busy! I can imagine you were pooped after all that. I bet dragon boating being cancelled was a blessing in disguise to help you rest up after all that. I don't know how to can and am not sure if freezing pears would work well. I might try to make like a pie filling to freeze that could be used as the bottom of the crisp. They do last quite a while in the fridge. I gave a lot away to the neighbors, people I work with and carpool with, and my family. I think everyone I know got some.

This morning I did Live LB-UB Dumbbell. It was ok. The core section only had 4 moves but 3 of them were my least favorite, reverse crunches, l-position crunches, and bike maneuver. YUCK!

Have a great day!

Cheryl great jib on LIHI BSB. I hope that the rats are doing better. It surprised me when I started fostering that most kittens get colds and upper respiratory infections. We always had cats and kittens growing up and it seemed like they never got sick. Great job on dragon boat, Pylo Hiit 1 with all of those burpees, and bonus abs 2. The last time I did that workout I didn't even try to do the 1 armed burgees, I just did 2 arms.

Julie Cathe did the 1 armed burpees on the step in ICE boot camp circuit too and they were MUCH more doable! Great job on your strength workout and meal prepping. The pear crisp sounds so good! Great job on Live 25!

Cheryl Wow, you had a busy weekend. I'm glad that the walk was a success. I'm thinking about trying to organize a 5k as a fundraiser for Meowhouse. I've never done that, but thinking I might be able to find some people who have for advice. It was probably nice that dragon boating was cancelled so that you could rest!

Julie Great job on Live LU-UB. That stinks that the core section had such crappy moves!

I took Saturday as a rest day. We were at a friends for dinner Friday night and didn't get home until late, and we had people coming over for the days I needed to get ready for that too. Sunday morning was RWH Chest, shoulders and triceps. I hate all of those pushups and am always glad when the chest section is over. Monday I did ICE Bootcamp circuit and Icy core 1. I thought I had done that one before, but I'm not sure I had. Cathe does the 1 armed burpees with the step and they were definitely easier than on the floor (although still hard). Then I had to take kittens to spend the week at the Petsmart. I felt so terrible leaving them, they were crying and reaching through the cage for me :(. Paulie was supposed to go but he won the battle trying to get him in the carrier, so it was only Mia and Frankie. I will try to take Paulie today. This morning was Gym style legs. I'm going to a friends house for a crepe cooking class for lunch so I'm looking forward to that! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Live LB-UB Dumbbell. Oh yuck I hate all of those core moves too.

Pam Kittens can get a lot of colds and upper respiratory infections. I guess their immune system isn't quite developed yet so that is why. Get lots of people to help you out with the fund raiser. It is amazing how much stuff needs to be done that you wouldn't even think about. Great job on RWH Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and ICE Bootcamp and Icy Core 1. Oh poor kitties I would have a hard time leaving them too. Good work on GS Legs.

This morning was GS Legs. It had been a long time since I had done that one. Then I went a got groceries and then made some granola and cleaned out a BBQ that we used at the walk on Sunday. Tonight I went dragon boating with my old team. It was a really nice night out on the water. We even saw a lot of jelly fish in one area.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Good for you for taking a rest day after a late night! Great job on RWH CST! I think that is more brutal than Gym Styles sometimes because the pushups just feel so much harder after the weights. Great job on ICE BC plus core 1! Oh that is so sad they were reaching for you. That would be so hard to leave them there. Do you usually get good luck with them getting adopted when they are there? Great job on GS Legs! Yumm! I remember eating crepes at a restaurant my grandparents would take us to when we were younger. So delicious.

Cheryl Great job on GS Legs! Yum! Homemade granola sounds delicious. What do you put in it? Oh wow! That would be so cool to see a jelly fish.

This morning I did an interval run in India and then a hike in Hawaii! We were having a few weeks of wonderful weather in the 70s and now we are back near 90.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on GS legs. My legs are feeling it today! Oh homemade granola sounds so good! Great job dragon boating and enjoying a beautiful evening. I bet the jelly fish were pretty but they kin've freak me out! :rolleyes:

Julie We usually get maybe one adoption from the adoption center, but you never know what is going to happen. Last time we had 3 of the 5 that were there adopted. Great job on your interval run in India and your hike in Hawaii. I love the hot weather, but 70s are pretty nice too!

This morning was Rockout Knockout. That one goes by pretty quickly for me because of the different sections. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie In my granola I put in walnuts, cashews, pecans, pumpkin seeds, coconut and cinnamon. Then I use coconut oil, maple syrup and some vanilla to hold it together. I love the recipe. It is from a cookbook called Joyous Detox by Joy McCarthy. The jelly fish are really cool to see. Some are only the size of a quarter but some are much larger than that. Great job on your interval run in India and your hike in Hawaii. Oh wow you are getting some late summer hot weather.

Pam Funny my legs didn't feel it at all :confused:. I thought I would but I feel fine today. I wouldn't want to be in the water with jelly fish floating around me but in the boat it is fine. Great work on Rockout Knockout.

Well it was Rockout Knockout for me too today. Then it was laundry and some errands in the afternoon.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on RK! I hope the kitties get adopted through Petsmart. I normally don't mind hot weather in the 80s but once it starts to get into the 90s with near 100% humidity, uck!

Cheryl Great job on RK and laundry! Yum! That granola recipe sounds delicious. I may have to look up that book. Our seasons have been really off this year. Spring seemed to last until almost the end of June this year.

This morning I did Live Bring It Bootcamp. It was actually one of the few bootcamps where I don't feel Cathe goes into frantic pace mode. She had plenty of water breaks and enough time to switch out equipment except once. I felt like I worked hard but wasn't overly exhausted from this one.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Wow, my legs are STILL feeling GS legs, I can't believe you didn't feel it at all. Now I feel like a big wimp :D. Great job on Rockout Knockout and your house work.

Julie Great job on Live BIB. It sounds like it was a perfect pace.

This morning I was supposed to do Xtrain Bis and Tris and core 1, but I switched and did tomorrows workout, Tabatacise + core 1. We are likely going for a bike ride tomorrow and I felt like I hadn't had a really tough cardio in awhile. I got an extra long break between rounds 4 and 5 because my dvd froze and I had to take it out and clean it. I didn't mind the break too much :cool: . Have a great day.

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.