Strength in Numbers

Julie Good job on BB Hip Thrusts and changing up the workout to suit your needs. I am not sure where the rats come from. I am assuming that they are either surrendered or they are seized from bad owners. That was a lot of animals in one day but it sure did make the time go by fast. I feel sorry for the rabbits too. We can't really interact with them at all, hopefully things will get better soon.

It was AOLIH for me this morning. Tonight is dragon boating and I hope the rain holds off until we are done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

OMG! It's been almost a week since I posted. I don't mean to be absent. Been walking, exercising, not like I would like to, but it is better than nothing. I don't want to slide away from this and will try harder this coming week. During this coming weekend will be going to visit with family and will come home to hopefully full back into my plan. Ug... Times flies SO darn FAST!

This morning was Ride and then Layla greeted me with a surprise in the hall when I got out of my shower. She has been doing so good with the potty training until today. I felt so bad for having to yell at her to tell her no that she was bad.

Cheryl Great job on AOLIH! Hopefully you were able to get dragon boating in.

Janie Great job on keeping up with your walking and exercises. It is so hard to get into a rhythm and routine including exercise. You’ll get there. Have fun with your family.

Have a great weekend!

Janie Don't worry it happens to all of us. Sometimes the weeks go by so fast you wonder where they went. Walking is a good low impact form of exercise. Enjoy your time with your family.

Julie Good job on Ride. Oh poor Layla, I am sure you felt bad for yelling at her but she needs to know that it isn't OK to potty in the house.

Last night I went dragon boating and the rain held off. It was actually a really nice night out on the water. This morning I did S&S Total Body Giant Sets then I got some laundry and errands done.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Another weekend that flew by. Saturday I did BB Deadlift and then cleaned. Sunday was my lazy day and this morning I did BB Squat. We are watching our neighbors Rottweiler this weekend. Woke up Saturday morning at 7 and Sunday at 3 to her having diarrhea in her crate. I think she is having separation anxiety from her people being gone. Either that or it is the heat. Gonna keep an eye on her and if it doesn’t get better take her to the vet. Poor girl!

Cheryl So glad you got a nice night on the water to dragon boat. Great job on S&S TBGS!

Have a great day!

I just got back from East of the Mountains. Visited my 94 year old Dad. I love him so much. Not long before he will go. He's not feeling well. But you never know. I truly need to walk a long way tomorrow, get my head right. it's hard.

This morning I did BB Bench Press. I did something to my neck during my negative chin ups. It hurts to turn my head to the left now. Ugh!

Janie So glad you got to visit your dad. Hoping you have him for a long time to come and that he is healthy too. Hope you find time to get a walk in.

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on BB Deadlift your cleaning and BB Squat. Oh the poor dog having separation anxiety and you for having to clean it all up. I hope she gets better.

Janie So nice that you could go and see your dad. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Julie Great job on BB Bench Press. Oh no I hope it isn't anything too serious that you did to your neck.

So Saturday morning I did a workout but I can't remember now what it was :confused:. Then in the afternoon I helped out with the learn to dragon boat session. Sunday I didn't get a chance to get a workout in. I went to the Farmers Market and then came home and got things ready to take over to my parents for dinner. My dad is really going downhill so he is not able to travel very far so we took Fathers Day dinner to him instead. When we got home we took Tango outside and we sat out there for a while. When we were ready to come in Tango wanted to go for a walk so I took him for a walk around our area. There is a townhouse that has a dog and I looked for her to see if she was outside but I didn't see her. Well no sooner did we get to their area that the dog came tearing out of the bushes and went after Tango. I had him on a harness and leash so I could kinda control him but he tried to climb over the fence to get away from the dog and I was trying to grab him to not go over the fence or I wouldn't be able to get him back. I finally called the dog off and got Tango and took him growling and hissing back to our place where he ran downstairs and hid behind the washing machine. He was not coming out from there he was so freaked out so I left him alone and figured he would come out when he was ready. In the morning I got up and saw Tango and there was some blood around him. I looked on his blanket on the bed and it was covered in blood along with a trail all over the floor and the carpets. I took a lot at him and his back paw had blood on it so as soon as the vet office opened I called and took him in. In trying to get away from the dog and me trying to stop him from climbing over the fence he ripped out one of his nails. I felt so bad for him as that had to have hurt a lot but at least there was no infection. He still isn't quite the same but he is getting better. I think it will take a while before he really gets over that incident. So I didn't get a workout in Monday morning with going to the vet, cleaning the floors and carpet and doing some laundry. Monday night I did go dragon boating and it was a really nice night out. It has been really hot ( in the 90s) so being on the water was really nice. This morning I did RWH Upper Body Circuit and then we went to my parents and mowed their lawn and did some gardening for them.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did yoga. I really contemplated sleeping in but knew I would regret it if I didn’t get up and do yoga. My neck is feeling so much better.

Cheryl Zoey (the neighbor's dog) seems to be doing so much better thank goodness. Good job on your mystery workout Saturday and helping out the dragon boating team. Oh I am sorry about your dad. That is very nice that you brought dinner to him. Oh my poor Tango! First the trauma of the dog coming after him and then ripping his nail off. So glad it is not infected. I imagine he will be traumatized for some time now. I imagine he may have even more of a fear/hatred of dogs now even if they are nice to him. Great job on dragon boating in the heat! We have been having that kind of heat the last several weeks with a few days cooling off when it rains. Great job on RWH UBC!

Have a great day!

Julie Good for you in doing yoga even though you didn't feel like it. The getting up is hardest part. I am glad that you neck is feeling better. The yoga probably helped too. That is great that Zoey is doing better. I think Tango will be traumatized with dogs. We have dog sat our neighbours dog but I am going to tell her that it probably isn't a good idea that he comes over right now. I can still go over to their place and walk him and give him dinner but he can't come over for a while.

This morning it was tough getting up. I didn't sleep very well at all because it is so hot out. It was another hot and muggy day today so I am not sure how well I will sleep tonight. This morning I did manage to do RWH LIHI 1 and bonus abs 1. Then I went to the SPCA, we need to wear pants and shoes there, no shorts or flip flops so it was really hot walking there and back. I think in future I will wear shorts there and change into my jeans when I get there. Six more kittens came in today. It is so hard not to take one home with me.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did BB substituting hip thrusts for front squats. This has been a long week. I have had to stay an hour or more late each night and might have to tonight as well. I am taking tomorrow off so that will be nice. I have quite a bit I want to try to get done at home plus I just want to veg a little with the dogs too.

Cheryl Great job getting in RWH LIHI 1 plus bonus abs 1 especially with restless sleep and it being so hot and muggy out. I don’t blame you on not having the neighbor’s dog come over for a while. I am sure Tango would appreciate that too. I hope your weather turns around soon. We are in the same boat with super hot and humid weather and it is just now the first day of summer.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Good job on BB and substituting hip thrusts for front squats. Working an extra hour each day would make it a long week. Enjoy your 3 day weekend and I hope you get everything done that you want to and have time to veg with the dogs. It has cooled down a bit here but it is still warm.

So yesterday morning I did RWH Circuit Lower Body. I struggled with the cardio blasts with that one. Then I got the housework done and then went dragon boating. This morning I did Step Blast and I was a sweaty mess after I was done.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

So Saturday I did the cardio only of 4DS Higher Impact Step. Then I met up with my brother and parents to go to a funeral of one of our cousins. Sunday I got the opportunity to spare on a team who was in the Vancouver International Dragon Boat Festival. It is a two day event but I wasn't able to paddle on the Saturday. It was a mixed team and the men were all prostate cancer survivors. They were a fun group and even though we didn't win a medal we all had a lot of fun.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheryl

You all are doing great. Me, well...been worried about my Dad. After he gets better from a sickness, he's never at the same spot where he started. It's usually below that, so every time he gets sick he never really gets better. He's dying slowly we think. When he speaks to us, it's mostly not understandable. He also remembers the war and the hardships he had to endure during that time, so he cries. He's also said how frightened he is to die. That's what is really sad. We just change the subject and hold him. Took some time off to process this. Tomorrow I have plans to walk the beach and maybe practice some light yoga after.

Last edited:
For having Friday off, I feel like this weekend flew by. Friday I did Cycle Sweat and then lots of chores around the house. I also had to bake and cake and cookies for a birthday get together on Saturday. Then DH got off work early so we ran some errands in the afternoon. Saturday I did BB Deadlift day and then went to a birthday get together at my parent’s house. Sunday was my rest day and it was nice in the morning so DH and I took Layla and Sheba to the park for a little while. Then I was pretty much lazy the rest of the day except some laundry. This morning I did BB Squat day. I feel like I am dragging today so hopefully this week picks up some energy.

Cheryl Great job on RWH CLB! That is a tough one especially because it feels like there is no rest between cardio blasts and strength sections. Great job on dragon boating and Step Blast! We got cool temps on Friday and Saturday because it was raining so much but we are going to creep back up to the 90s by this weekend. Great job on cardio only from 4DS HIS! I’m so sorry about your cousin. Glad you had a good time subbing on the dragon boat team. How neat to be on a team full of cancer survivors. Glad you were all able to have fun!

Janie I am so sorry about your dad. That has to be tough seeing him like this. I think your plan to walk and do light yoga sounds wonderful. Best not to physically stress the body when you are also under emotional stress and both of those can really help bring clarity to a troubled mind. I’ll be thinking of you and sending you hugs.

Have a great day!

Sorry to be MIA for so long. We are back from moving my mom to Michigan, then a day at Cedar Point with the family riding roller coasters, then to Erie to visit DHs family. I was so happy to get home, it felt like I was gone forever. My sister is finding out that my mom is a lot of work, I hope that a room opens up for her up there soon. I hope it is good for her, she has already had quite a few visitors. She doesn't know who any of them are, but just seeing different people is enjoyable for her. I woke up the first Friday morning and got ready to go do a workout, but then I decided that it has been so long since I have had an actual rest week that it would be a good time for that. I only did one workout the entire time, I went to a boxing class with my SIL when we were in Erie on Friday. That was fun. This morning I did Body Max and the abs from Cardio and weights, I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow. Janie and Cheryl, so sorry to hear about both of your dads, sending hugs to both of you.
Have a great day!

Pam

Janie Sorry about your dad. I understand what you are going through as I am going through the same thing with my dad. He is slowly dying of cancer and he seems a bit worse every time we visit. Hugs to you, I know it is tough to see them like that. I find that some kind of exercise helps with the stress of it.

Julie Good job on Cycle Sweat and all of your chores errands and all of your baking. You sure did have a busy day. Way to go on BB Deadlift day and BB Squat Day and your walk with DH and the dogs.

Pam Glad that you got your mom moved. I guess you need to be in the situation to understand how much work it can be to look after someone. Hopefully a room will open up soon for your mom. Good idea to take a total rest week. Good job on your boxing class and Body Max and the abs from Cardio and Weights.

So yesterday I was so tired I decided not to do a workout. It was hard to get up the energy to do much of anything besides taking a nap in the afternoon, though I did go to dragon boat practice that evening. This morning I was still tired but not as bad as yesterday so I decided to do ICE Metabolic. Even the little 5 pound weights felt heavy today. I think most of this is from my food allergies that I will get tested for on Friday. Things really seem to be reacting on me right now so it will be nice to find out exactly what they are. My guess will be that I can't have wine, chocolate or oats anymore. I will see if the results confirm that.

Have a great day

Cheryl

Yesterday I was swamped at work so I didn’t get a change to post. I did do BB Bench Press yesterday morning and did yoga this morning. I really wanted to sleep in but am glad I got yoga in to get all stretched out and relaxed. That is until I got out of my shower and saw Layla peed and pooed in the hall. She can have several good days in a row and then all of a sudden she has an accident.

Pam No worries on being MIA! You certainly had a busy week but I am glad you got to have some fun at Cedar Park, visiting your DH’s family, and going to the boxing class sounds like a lot of fun! Hopefully your mom will get a room soon up there. That is great she likes visitors even if she doesn’t know them. Great job on BM + C&W abs! It always seems after I take a week off that I feel it bad the next couple of days.

Cheryl Good job listening to your body and taking a full rest day. Sometimes the energy is just not there. Great job on ICE MTB even though your energy is still low! I hope you get speedy results so you can make quick adjustments. Oh I hope you don’t have to give up chocolate!

Have a great day!

Cheryl So sorry that you are having such a tough time with your allergies, I sure hope you get the results quickly and are able ti get some relief. Giving up chocolate and wine, that sounds like a death sentence to me :eek:;) Great job on getting in ICE MTB even though it was tough.

Julie Great job on BB bench press and yoga. That is not a nice surprise at all from Layla. Hopefully the accidents are getting to be fewer and farther between.

Yesterday morning I did FS mixed impact cardio and pull day. Today it was shred cardio, push day, and bonus abs. While I was gone last week my moms bank revoked my access to her online banking because they thought a transaction looked suspicious. I have spent over 8 hours on the phone and at the local branch trying to get it resolved. That was my entire afternoon yesterday and they still can't or won't fix it. I was sooo frustrated when I got home last night. I've decided that I'm just going to tell them that I'm closing the account. It will be a pain switching over all of her direct deposits and payments, but it has to be easier than this. OK, done venting. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on BB Bench Press and yoga. Layla sure didn't leave you a nice surprise. I hope she will get better and not pee and poo in the house. The allergy results will be as soon as the testing is done so that is good. I hope I don't have to give up chocolate as it is one of my favs.

Pam I will get the results as soon as the test is done so that is good. Giving up wine and chocolate is a death sentence for me too as I enjoy both of them so much. Hopefully I am wrong in my assumptions. Great work on FS mixed impact cardio and pull day and shred cardio, push day and bonus abs. Wow that would be so frustrating dealing with the bank. I would close the account too, it will teach them a lesson on giving you the run around for 8 hours.

Today I did ICE Kickboxing but I didn't have the energy to finish it. I got over half way through before I decided to call it quits. I think I am just going to do yoga or stretching for the rest of the week. It seems like my stomach just aches all the time now so I am glad that I see the allergist soon.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.