Strength in Numbers

Pam The standing roll out are the same as doing them on your knees except you are standing with your knees bent just a bit and then you just roll out on the ball. There may be something on you tube that would actually show it. I don't use a bigger ball for it. I have some scars from brushing two of our cats, they really don't like it at all. However Tigger just loves it and he is the one we we thinking about when we bought the brush. I want to try to keep him mat free this year. I guess being on holidays I didn't realize how much I had been working out so I was glad that I took Thursday off :eek:. Way to go with Athletic Step and your bonus butt workout. Wow that was a butt burner :D. Enjoy the beach.

Janie Good job on STS disc 33 shoulders, biceps and triceps and your walk on the beach.

Yesterdays PT session was really good. I was feeling strong and my trainer said that she has noticed a difference in just the 4 sessions she has had with me. One of the exercises was pull ups and they just never get any easier. After that I did some running around and then we got a few of the neighbours together for a BBQ. It was really nice. This morning I was going to workout but the power went out just before I was going to do it and it was off for a couple of hours. So I never did get my workout in as other things needed to be done.

I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend.

Cheryl

Yesterday Joey and I went biking around and found a blackberry place to pick until our hearts content. It is on public land and I don't see too much signs of anyone picking them. They were huge berries! We went back home and got containers came back and enjoyed picking and eating blackberries. Oh, the joys of little things. Also walked on the beach with Rolly for an hour.
Today, Rolly and I walked the beach and had one sprint in there. Little by little I'll be able to sprint again.

Been working on a Zentangle:

Isn't Rolly such a cutie?
403828307.jpg

Cheryl, Did you do pull ups? I still can't even do one of them. Any tips? I'm glad to hear you PT session went so well. So glad you could take advantage of our weather and have a nice BBQ. Oh no, I know about losing power. Not fun. Hope your power goes on soon.

Hope all is enjoying the extra long weekend,

Janie

Last edited:
Janie I love blackberries I am glad you found some that you could pick. Good job on walking on the beach with Rolly and your sprint. I really like your Zentangle and the picture of Rolly is so cute. Was that taken after the hour long walk on the beach? I did do pull ups 12 of them actually but I had my feet on the floor and I was at an angle instead of straight up and down. There was a piece of equipment like Cathe's bar that she uses in STS in the gym. I was doing the pull ups like Denise or Brenda does in the series.

Yesterday was yoga and I also rode my bike there since it was so nice out. After that I studied and met some friends at the pub by us for lunch to catch up. After I got home we left for my parents for a BBQ and to see my brother's pictures from his safari. He had some really good pictures lots of lions, zebras and giraffes. Today I went to my workout room to do KCP but my allergies were acting up so bad I couldn't stop sneezing to do the dang workout :mad:. Whenever the trees start to change in the Spring or Fall I get really back sneezing fits and my eyes water. It only affects me in the morning though the rest of the day I am fine :confused:. So I decided to study and then started on stripping some wallpaper from our ensuite bathroom. That sure isn't a fun job and it will take a while to get it all off. I am sure glad that it is a small room.

I hope everyone had a great long weekend.

Cheryl

Rode the adult tricycle today around the neighborhood and near the beach.

Been trying new fermented drinks like Kombucha (SCOBY) and got a really sour stomach. I threw it out! So no workout tonight. Instead, to take my mind away from that sour feeling I'm trying my hand out with Repujado (Metal Embossing).

My daughter in-law gave up this craft 7 years ago and gave it to me just the other week. What do you think of my first try? I'm trying zentangle on it. Just a thought, did notice that small places are very hard to do. Need to check more on the internet on how to do this.
403838672.jpg

LOL, kinda looks like butts.

Cheryl, Yes, the picture of Rolly was right after the walk from the beach. He seemed so contented. I'm so very impressed with how you managed to do your Pull Ups. I'll have to do that as well. Will add them in and pay close attention to those muscles.

Great job on yoga and riding your bike. What a busy and wonderful time you had with friends and family. Bet your brother's pictures were fabulous. Eewww, stripping wall paper sounds so tedious. Please post pictures when done. Hope the sneezing will end soon.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Pam Good job doing 40/20 and weights/plates abs. I'm fine!!!! yay!!! finally I got better not that better but some. :p:p wahahaha!!! I was active on FB because I was on bed!!! but not anymore! Good job doing Athletic step plus the bonus. I'm so jealous, the good kind, I didn't workout the whole week:( I haven't notice the workout manager giving 7 for CCC you should of bumped it up to 9. Hope you are having fun!

JulieGood job doing back/triceps. I hope you are getting a good rest this weekend! I'm fine, finally the cold leave me alone, not 100% but I'm getting there.

JanieI'm glad you got back to the beach house, the weather is getting better? Oh, no, wait! here in Australia the weather is getting nice and warm, sunny, beautiful weather!

Cheryl I'm going to try to do those kind of roll outs once I figure out how you do those,:p:p you should make a little video to show us. How was the PT session?!

Sorry I was gone for so long, I got better by Saturday that day I decided to clean the house instead of workout, then I thought about just waiting till monday so I did, but then the question was, should I start from day one? so I thought Ok, just doit so I did start it on monday, I did CCC:eek: I am so out of shape, I did the 300 walking lunges but something happen:( I did tweak my knee:( so right not is on pain! I'm so mad because I was so ready to do it al over again, so today I did core abs no equipment + pyramid upper body I did started doing core though I was thinking about Pam, I started to sweat by just doing abs, whattttt?????? I'am so out of shape, so hopefully tomorrow my knee feels better.
Then Monday I got disconnected no internet till tuesday afternoon, people is crazy!! I called to set up a day to disconnect the internet I told her the day I wanted she didn't say anything, but when I hanged the phone my internet was gone:mad::mad: so it took 2 days to get it back
This gaming weeks are going to be pretty awkward, this is real we are getting ready lo leave, I cannot believe that?
Pam!!!! what should I do?? I wanted to workout with you!!! should I skip and do what you are going to do? we'll see!
Have a nice day every one!!

Janie Great job on disc 33. That is not good that your bicep was in so much pain that it woke you up. I hope it is doing better now. I'm glad you and Rolly got out for a nice walk on the beach too.

Cheryl Hmmm...I will have to see if I can figure out how to do those standing roll outs. I agree with Eunice, you should do a video for us!! That is great that Tigger loves to be brushed, you are lucky. Butters has bitten me really hard a couple of times when I have been brushing him. He'll put up with it for a little while, but when he starts fighting it is all over.Wow, that is great that your PT noticed a difference in just 4 sessions, I bet that made you feel good. Nope, pull ups are another one of those that never get any easier....

Janie Oh I'm so happy (and also envious!) that you found a blackberry place. You will really enjoy those. Do you make jam or anything with them? Great job on your long walks with Rolly and getting sprint in too! Yea!;I love the new zentangle, and Rolly is adaorable!

Cheryl Great job on yoga and riding your bike there. I'm glad to hear that you have been getting some nice weather. It sounds like you had a really nice day on Sunday, having lunch with friends and the BBQ with your family. I would really love to go on an African safari one day! Oh no, allergy season! I hate it. I guess I will be having to start taking my allergy pills again soon. :confused: Have fun with your wallpaper project ;) Will you paint or put up more wallpaper when you are done?

Janie The adult tricycle sounds like fun, hope you enjoyed it. Sorry about your upset stomach, I think you did the right thing throwing away those nasty drinks! Your metal embossing it really cool. I do kind've see the butts in it :p You are so creative and always trying something new and fun!

Eunice SO glad to hear that you are feeling better! I know what a pain it is to be sick and stuck in bed Sorry to make ou jealous with the workouts. ;) OMG, you are one brave soul jumping into CCC after not being able to workout for a week. I got a little nervous reading that....I was hoping you wouldn't want me to do it again too :p Uh oh, I hope that whatever happened to your knee was just a little passing thing. Errrrr....how annoying!
I would've been so mad if they disconnected the phone and internet right away like that. And then 2 days to get it back :mad: I think you should do whatever you want to do with the workouts. It is fun to workout together, but we can always do a rotation together when you get back if this doesn't work out. I think you shouldn't worry about it! Hey, did you forget to update your countdown? Isn't it just 4 more weeks to go now?

We had a lot of fun at the beach but I felt like a big slug. We did so much eating and sitting around! I did get some beach walks in and did some swimming, but we ate and ate and ate. I was a little afraid to get on the scale this morning so was happy when it had only gone up 1.5 pounds. This morning I did NOT want to get out of bed, but I got up and did Imax 2 and 300 walking lunges. I decided to just start the week as if it is Monday instead of starting with the Tuesday workout. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great day.

Pam

Well my 4 day weekend flew by! I took Friday off of work but I did get my quad and calf workout in. Saturday was my rest day but I did get my chores done and I also put together a new/actual squat rack that I had ordered a week earlier. I got to test it out during Sunday’s chest and biceps workout plus I added on the low impact tabata from CrossFire. After that, my family had a get together for my sister’s birthday. Monday was supposed to be a relax day after I did my hamstring and glute workout but my washer decided to break again (third time in the last 3 months ) so DH and I had to take our laundry down to my parents to do it. We got home around 2 in the afternoon so it wasn’t too bad but still I would have rather had my day off at home. Today was another rest day.

Janie Great job on keeping up with all your workouts. Plus getting all your gardening and preserving of cukes and sauerkraut done. That is good news that your quad is pretty close to being back to 100%. I’m glad you found a place to pick berries. Do you freeze any for the winter time or just eat them all up fresh? Rolly is such an adorable little puppy. I love when dogs curl up in little tiny balls like that. Hope your bicep is better now and you didn’t pull anything. Great job on riding your trike! Do you have a basket on the front for Rolly to sit in? LOL butts! I had not even thought that when I looked at the picture I thought of pears. I think you are very creative and the embossing looks very good to me. You will only get better with time and practice.

Cheryl Good for you for listening to your body and taking a day off. I think I am getting better about not beating myself up for not going hardcore all the time. That’s is so great that your trainer has noticed an improvement in just 4 sessions. I think that is a testament to how serious you are taking this. Bummer about the power going out. A couple of hours is a long time to be without power. Hopefully the weather was decent so you didn’t need to have fans running or anything. Great job on biking to yoga! I bet it was nice to get that in with the wonderful weather you seem to be having. Sorry about your allergies acting up. Ugh! I hate taking wallpaper down. When we moved into our house, I took wallpaper down in all the rooms except our ½ bath and the living room. I still want to get those taken care of just haven’t had the energy to do it. It is such a stinky, messy job.

Eunice I am glad you are doing so much better now. Hopefully that knee of yours heals up quick too. Hopefully it was just a small tweak that will work itself out. How’s the shoulder doing? I would be upset about the internet mix up too. I hope things are going better for you now.

Pam Great job on AS plus that crazy Bonus Butt Work! That is a lot to add on no doubt you were sweating buckets. I am glad I took Friday off. It has only been my second day off this entire year (not counting Memorial Day or 4th of July) so I think I was ready. I have noticed the same thing about the MET value for CCC. I think someone asked SNM about it and they confirmed that 7 was correct but I don’t think it could be 7 when Cardio Supersets seems easier and has 7.5 as the met value. Great job on getting up after such a long weekend and doing Imax 2 (how many Jeannie hops again) plus 300 walking lunges. I had a hard time getting up this morning too and I even slept in from my normal workout time to get up.

Have a great day!

Janie Sounds like fun riding a tricycle around. Sorry that you got an upset stomach. I hope you can workout tomorrow. I love your metal embossing, you are very creative. Pull ups are hard but are worth the effort in how your back looks. I really hate taking down wallpaper but it needs to be done. It has the 80's look that I really hate :D.

Eunice Glad that you are feeling better again. I don't know about doing a video on the rollouts :D. For the rollouts you stand with your hands in the same position as if you were doing it on your knees and then roll out until you are in a plank position and your shoulders are in line with your elbows and then your roll back to standing. Does that make more sense? I hope your knee feels better tomorrow and you didn't do anything to it.

Pam I tried to explain the rollouts to Eunice see if I explained it any better this time :). Taylis and Tango like to scratch and bite me when I try to brush them too. At least Tigger likes it because I need to brush him a lot more to keep the mats off. It made me feel good that she noticed a difference in just 4 sessions. One more session and I am on my own again.
W are going to paint once the wallpaper is all off. I can't believe how much time it takes to get it off. It was the textured wallpaper so it is thick and does not come off in one strip. You get the first layer off and then you have to get the paper backing with all of the glue off next. We are also seeing lots of little holes where things were hung that the wallpaper covered. There is going to be a lot of filling in those holes before we can paint.

Julie Good job on your quad and calf work and your shest and biceps work. That sucks that your washer broke down again but at least your parents lived close by so you could take your laundry there. Sometimes I think we can push ourselves too hard and you start to burn out. It is amazing how much we depend on power and what you can't do without it. It wasn't too hot here so we didn't need any fans running which was good. We only have the ensuite that has wallpaper and I am sooooo glad. It is a stinky messy job.

Today was another PT session. She made it harder that my last one and I was working really hard. One more session on Friday and it will be over.

Have a great day everyone.

Did disc 34, chest and back. I only have two more discs to go and will be done with the 9 month rotation Cathe laid out for me. YaHoo! I'm ready for something different. Will take a week of active recovery and just start to follow Cathe's Sept. rotation. We'll be in Vegas soon and will use my son's gym to lift weights or do some cardio. Whatever is there I'll make it work. Of course I will bring Cathe with me, they might have a DVD set up and can use her workouts in the gym. We can only hope.:) Oh, we went once more, blackberry picking. We use the berries to put on our homemade oat bread, smoothies, salad dressings...it's so good with great memories of us having stained fingers and mouths from enjoying the berries. LOL! I'm working on another zentangle. It's kinda weird. You'll see soon.

Eunice, It must be nice to get thawed out. It will be dreary here very soon. Enjoying this weather while we can. So glad you are feeling better. Great job on CCC, and today's core abs no equip. and pyramid upper body. I hope you didn't hurt your knee. Put some iced on it, maybe that will help. Wonder how she messed up turning your internet off on the wrong day. I just don't know sometimes. I suggest to do what is Pam doing. Seems that's what you want, so do that. What can be the harm? Enjoy your workouts.

Pam, I am a lucky person. My bicep is good now. Must of just tweaked it a bit. It's fine now. Hey you are having fun and it's the end of Summer. Enjoy, enjoy. Great job for getting some beach walks in and swimming. I'm glad the scale was kind to you. Also great job on Imax 2 and those 300 walking lunges.

Julie, Congrats on the squat rack and your quad and calf workout. Hope you enjoyed Sat. for rest. Also great job on Sun. chest and biceps workout and adding low impact tabata from CF. Sounds like your sister's birthday was very nice. Nothing like being with family. Good job on Monday hamstring and glute workout. What? Your washer died again? I bet you can spit nails. I do have a basket in the back of the tricycle but Rolly ( I think) would jump out of it. Thank you for your encouragement on the metal embossing.

Cheryl, Good job for all your efforts on these sessions. I can't believe that it's your last one on Frid. I bet you are so excited. Then to make a business for yourself. Congrats. You so deserve to do something you love to do.

Have a good day everyone,

Janie

Pam Thanks Pam, you guys are so sweet! You are so funny, you thought that I was going to make you repeat week one? hahaha!!! Me too, gosh!:mad: I cannot believe it, when is not one thing is another:mad: annoying!
Even more mad when I called back to get the service back another girl told me that she would connect the service but that was another contract:mad: what??? she was out of her mind! so finally I spoke to a guys and he say that everything was fine I didn't need to pay anything. I feel bad, because I make you pick this rotation and I wasn't able to work with you:( next week we are going to be gone most the week, then the following week packing begins and that's deff going to mess the rotation:( thanks for reminding me 23 days to go!!!!
I'm glad you did have fun at the beach with all that food!!! Wow!! that's nothing 1.5 you'll loose it by the end of today! Good job doing Imax 2 and the 300 walking lunges.

Julie Wow! 4 days, sounds good! good job doing quad and calf. Also for using your new squat rack, that's excited!!! good job doing chest/biceps and the tabata from CF, and hamstring/glutes. That's stinks:mad: the washer again! At least you were able to take some rest! There is always something that it has to hurt in my body, shoulder/ knee I wonder whats next?

Cheryl So hard to picture the roll outs, do you do them the same way going down to your knees, then when you do the roll out you don't do it full extension? lets see if Pam can figure out better then me.
I hope you didn't get to work so hard in the bathroom.. One more PT session and is over, are you going to miss that? sounds really fun having a PT all for your self and knowing that she is looking at your progress is really good!

JanieGood job doing disc 34 chest/back wow!!! 2 more disc and you are going to be done with this long rotation, that's awesome!! Good plan taking a week of rest. Sounds like you are all ready for your vacation at Vegas.
Those blackberry sound very delicious!!! good for you! Love your job, you are so good! And Rolly is such a cute boy!!!
Thanks for your suggestion I might have to play by ear, my knee is not doing that good:( Today I did legs but I don't think I put 100% it was kind of hard. but the good thing is that it didn't hurt after I was done and right now, I just need to take some Tylenol and see how it feels tomorrow.

Today I did Lower Body Blast, I had to modify all those jumps up and down from the step I had to stay on the floor jump twice then do the plyo jack:( I didn't do the floor job instead I did 3 sets of heavy squats and 3 sets of deadlifts. My upper body is sooooo sore from yesterday workout and my abs are sore too, which is good!!!!
Have a nice day everyone!!!!!

Last edited:
Julie Don't you just hate how fast weekends go, even when they are long ones?! Great job on getting in your quad and calf workout and getting all of your chores down. That is exciting that you have a new squat rack too! I always love getting new toys. Great job on your chest, biceps and low impact tabata and hamstring and glute workouts! Wow! So sorry that your darn washer broke again! That is soooo frustrating. It' nice that you were able to go to your parents to get it done, but I agree, sometimes you just want to be at home! Oh yea, the BBW is crazy. It is quite the add-on! There is no way that CCC can only be 7 mets if CSS is 7.5. I think that CSS is a LOT easier than CCC, I wonder how they calculate it? And that would be 128 jeannie hops in Imax 2, thank you very much! ;)

Cheryl OK, I think I have a better idea on those standing roll outs. Now I just have to remember to try them. They sound a lot harder than the kneeling ones! I bet you will be happy with your new room once you get all of that wallpaper off. What a pain in the neck! It sounds like you still have a lot of work ahead of you once it is off too :rolleyes:
Great job on the PT session.

Janie Great job on disc 34! Wow, I can't believe you are almost done with your 9 month rotation. It seems like it went by fast! I haven't looked at Cathe's Sept rotation yet, I will ahve to check it out. How long will you be staying in Vegas? I think you might have said already, but I can't remember. It's nice that you have a gym to use while you're there. Wow, more blackberries, how wonderful!
I'm glad to hear that your bicep is better now. I'm so sad that it's the end of summer, it just flew by, as always :(

Eunice I'm glad that you finally got a guy that was willing to help you get your service back. That is unbelievable that they were going to try to charge you and make you sign a new contract for their mistake! Don't feel bad about picking this rotation. It's all good and how can I go wrong doing a Cathe rotation? I probably won't do all of the doubles that she has in it, but I'm happy just to have a rotation on the calendar. Are you going somewhere fun next week? I hope so! I will be in London when you are doing your packing, so I'll be missing some of the rotation that week too. I can't believe you are down to counting days now....Wow! I didn't lose the 1.5 pounds yesterday, but I didn't gain any either, so that's good. :) I'm guessing it will be down a little tomorrow as long as I behave myself today :D It's funny how my cats get all crazy when I'm doing the walking lunges. They don't know what to make of it and they keep running away like they think I'm chasing them, but then they come back to watch.
Great job on LBB and your sub for the floor work. Congrats on your DOMS. I love it when I have ab DOMS!

This morning for me was STS Total Body. It was good to do some weight work because it feels like I haven't done much upper body lately. Tomorrow is supposed to be Legs+Glutes AND 30/30. Not sure I will get them both in but we will see. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

This morning I did shoulder work and the plyo tabata from CrossFire. I was able to increase my reps for one of the exercises but I have been stuck at the same weight and reps on my overhead press for two weeks now. Kind of frustrating but I guess I will just try again to progress next week.

Cheryl Great job on your PT session! Getting harder is a good thing sometimes. Of course, sometimes you also just want a nice and easy workout too. My parents live about 30 minutes away so not really close but close enough to do laundry. I’m not a fan of wallpaper which is why we took most of it down when we first moved in. It’s not that wallpaper can’t be pretty but my OCD will notice the seams coming apart and want to pick at it.

Janie Great job on disc 34! That’s awesome that you are almost done but I can’t believe it has been 9 months already. You are very creative with your crafts and workouts so I know you will make everything work at your son’s gym. Mmmm! Blackberries on oat bread sounds delicious. Yes, I am very upset about my washer because when they came out the last time they told me they had replaced both parts that could be causing the problem so I would not have it break again. Oh well, what can I do but move on. Can’t wait to see the new zentangle!

Eunice Way to go on LBB plus the 3 sets of squats and 3 sets of deadlifts! Great job on modifying too so you don’t mess that knee up more. Looks like you may be in for some whole body DOMS tomorrow. Maybe having some time off over the next couple weeks for your trips and packing will help your body recover. That way when you get back on this side of the ocean, you will be all rested and ready to kick butt again.

Pam Great job on STS TB! That one is a good weight workout and at least Cathe moves a little slower than High Reps so you don’t feel like you are racing to keep up with her. I love my new squat rack. The Turbo Tower worked ok for a while but the day I ordered the squat rack was when I was doing heavy squats with 125 pounds. I got down but couldn’t get back up. I squat in front of a high step with 4 risers so I could sit down for a few seconds but it scared the crap (pardon my French) out of me when I couldn’t get back up at first. Now my squat rack has the big bar catcher things to hold the bar if I get down and can’t get back up again. I’ll have to look and see if I can find that post on the CCC met values from SNM. Oh wow! Legs & Glutes plus 30/30. You’ll be a super rockstar if you do both of those tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Tonight was disc 35, plyo legs, sprinted in 3 sessions, walked beach with Rolly. We were at the beach for an hour and 20 min. Also here is the new Zentangle I was talking about. I was wrong; I have been doing Cathe's rotation she gave me for 8 months, not 9. A miner mistake.
403855858.jpg

Not sure if I'm done yet. There's something...

Eunice, Hoping your knee will feel better soon. Great job on legs especially if it was hard for you. Legs is always hard for me, and it is the exercise I need the most, well I need ab work too. Great job on Lower Body Blast, modifying is by all means ok to do. I use it as my middle name because that's what I do a lot of. Some days are better than others. Love your alternative instead of doing the floor job. Glad you have DOM's. Shows your muscles are responding.

Pam, Will be in Vegas about 2 weeks I think, then to Utah for awhile to search for more petrified Dinosaur bones, ride our bikes and hike canyons. Great job on STS Total Body. Doubling up the workouts is very impressive for tomorrow. When you get more and more fatigued remember to take things a little more slowly and watch your form and be a little more careful.

Julie, Great job on shoulder work and plyo tabata from CF. Congrats for being able to increase the reps. That's awesome! Your overhead presses will move soon. Just keep it up. Also use wrist weights or the weight gloves that Cathe has. You will be able to lift heavier with them, even though they are a small amount of weight. Soon you will be able to lift 5 pounds more. Just keep adding more of the small weight each time you do it. I just added my months up with Cathe rotation she gave me. It's only 8 months. I started about Jan. 5th. That's 8 months. Seems longer. LOL:D

Take care ladies,

Janie

Last edited:
Julie Great job on your shoulder work and plyo tabata from CF. I really have a hard time with overhead presses. I always have to use lighter weight than Cathe for those and never see an improvement there. Not sure what that's all about..... :confused:
It sounds like the squat rack is much safer for that heavy weight that you are using so I'm glad that you got it. That would be very scary to not be able to get back up with that heavy barbell on your shoulders. It would scare the crap out of me too! It turns out I was wrong about what was on the calendar today. It wasn't Legs&Glutes plus 30/30, it is Butts and Guts plus 30/30. So I have the 78 minutes of B&G under my belt (so to speak ;)) time will tell if 30/30 will make it too or not.

Janie Great job on disc 35! I love the plyo leg workouts. Great job on your big walk on the beach too, wow! I love the new Zentangle. I saw it on FB and was thinking snakes, snakes, snakes. And all of those eyes! 8 months/9 months, pretty close. That is one long rotation. I bet you are happy to be almost done. Oh your Utah trip sounds like it will be really nice. I am not a big fan of Vegas, but I imagine it is a lot different when you are living in a house and leading a normal life instead of being on the strip. We shall see about the doubling up today, it will all depend on how I fee after work. Definitely no back to back double.

So as I said to Julie, I misspoke yesterday about today's scheduled workouts. It is Butt&Guts and 30/30. I did B&G this morning. I haven't done it in a long time so it was nice to do it . I like that the barbell is at a fixed weight and you only need a pair of 5 pounders and a band other than that. If I'm feeling like it after work I'll do 30/30, but if not, I won't! I already had glute DOMS from yesterdays STS total body so now I am walking very slowly. Not failing the toilet test, but somewhere around a C- or a D. I have some nice DOMs in my shoulders and arms too. My darn shoulder is acting up again too though (I was thinking about you Eunice!) I couldn't do the ab move where you roll up and then do a jab with my right arm. My shoulder was having none of that. :( It seemed to be fine yesterday :mad: Our big news is that our granite is coming for our basement this weekend :D I can't wait to see it. I hope everyone is doing well, Friday is almost here already!

Pam

This morning I worked my quads. I usually work those on Fridays but I am giving blood today and was a little nervous about trying to do heavy squats and leg presses the day after giving blood. It took me a little longer to get my workout in because I was trying to get the settings on my new squat rack right for the squats so I didn’t get to work calves today. I might try to do them tomorrow after back and triceps if I have time (and the energy).

Janie Great job on plyo legs, your sprinting sessions, and walking with Rolly on the beach. That is a nice long walk you had. 8 months instead of 9 is not that big of a difference. It is still an amazing feat to stick to that rotation for so long. Ohhh! Love the zentangle. At first it looks like one of this ribbons the rhythmic gymnasts use. I may have to try the wrist weights. I’m going to see what next week brings just in case I was having an off day yesterday.

Pam Great job on B&G! Well, I will not look down on you if you skip 30/30. Sometimes I wonder when Cathe does those long doubles whether she thinks people don’t have lives outside of working out. I know she knows we have other commitments it just seems like she forgets those times. I have a hard time increasing my overhead press too. I think my shoulders are my weakest part followed by my triceps and both those muscles are used in the overhead press. Sorry about your shoulder causing you pain right now. Hopefully you can rest it a little so it can get better.

Have a great day!

Janie Good job on disc 34 chest and back. You have done really well with the rotation that Cathe gave you. Enjoy her September rotation. Good job on disc 35 legs and your sprints at the beach. That is a cool zentangle that you did.

Eunice You do the roll outs that same as on your knees except instead of extending your arms out you only go to where your elbows are right under your shoulders. Your body will be in a plank postion and then roll back to stand on your feet. Good job on Lower Body Blast. Wow you are now down to counting days until you come back. How exciting.

Pam I think the standing roll outs are harder than the kneeling ones. Let me know what you think of it once you try it. I really hate wallpaper. It is so tedious to get off, we are about 3/4 of the way through now. Good job on STS Total Body. Good job on B&G and your DOMS. So did you do 30/30? Sorry that your shoulder is bothering you again. Hopefully it is nothing too serious. So exciting to get the granite for your basement.

Julie Good job on your shoulder work and the plyo tabata. Don't get fustrated by not being able to increase your weights for your overhead press. Some exercises are harder to progress in than others. Do you have weighted gloves? Maybe only increasing the weight by 1 or 2 pounds will help you break through your plateau instead of trying to increase it by 5 pounds. Too funny about wanting to pick at the seams in the wallpaper. You live about the same distance from your parents that I do. Not really close but close enough for visiting. Good job on your quad work. It must be nice to have the squat rack so you can lift heavy.

Yesterday I never got a chance to post. Because my legs were feeling a bit fried after Tuesdays workout I did the cardio of 4DS Kickbox and the low impact tabata premix from Crossfire. After it was stripping more wallpaper :( and studying. We had a gift certificate for a restaurant just down the street from us so we went there for dinner and sat outside on the patio. It was really nice as it wasn't too hot. After that we went over to the rec center and I reserved a bike for a spin class that I did this morning. YOWZA that is some workout. It was only 45 minutes long but I was dripping sweat afterwards. I think my legs are going to feel it tomorrow :eek: and I know my PT will give me a hard workout for tomorrow. I will let you know how I do.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Rolly and I walked on the beach for an hour. Oh it was so sunny, warm and beautiful.

Pam, Great job on B&G this morning. Oh no, shoulder is acting up? We do our best don't we? I guess it comes with the territory. Hope you feel better soon. Seems it takes so long for those things to heal. So glad the granite is coming. It will look so good in your basement.

Julie, Great job on quads this morning. Sounds like you are getting use to your squat machine. It will be a breeze soon.

Cheryl, Great job on your stripping wall paper, cardio of 4DS Kickbox and the low impact tabata prem from CF, and of course studying. I love to have dinner outside when the weather permits it.
great job on the spin class. Hopefully your hard work on spinning won't effect your PT workout tomorrow.

Take care,

Janie

Julie Great job on your quad work, I don't blame you for not wanting to do heavy squats and leg presses the day after giving blood, that would be really tough. And as you said, I won't look down on you if you don't get that calf work in :D This rotation seems to have a lot of crazy doubles in it. I was looking ahead and there is one day that you are supposed to do CCC right into Butts and guts. Oh, but you get to skip the B&G warm up :rolleyes: I definitely won't be doing that double! I can't imagine doing even a short add on after CCC.

cheryl I did end up doing 30/30 but it was really hard!! I think I slept on my shoulder wrong or something. It is still bothering me, but it's already not as bad. I was able to do all of the shoulder work in PUB this morning, but that is because she doesn't do overhead presses in that one and those bother it the most.
Your test is coming up soon, is it next week? I bet you will be so happy when you are all finished and certified. That is really exciting. Your dinner sounds nice. I just love to sit outside on nice evenings. Great job on 4DS KB and LI tabata from CF. No wonder your legs were fried! I'm sure the spin class just added to that fried feeling. Those are tough classes, aren't they?! I can't wait to hear about your last PT class.

Janie Great job on our nice warm lovely beach walk with Rolly. It sounds heavenly! I think the shoulder issue is temporary. It seems like something I slept on wrong rather than an injury. That darn shoulder can be so temperamental!

Eunice I hope you are doing something fun!!

So as I said, I did do 30/30 last night. We got home at a decent time and DH had some work to do in the basement to get ready for the granite so I figured what the heck, it's only 30 minutes. It was the hardest 30/30 has ever been for me! I'm not sure why....it could've been the crazy leg DOMS or just that I'm not used to working out at that time, but I was sure glad when it was over. I do think it helped loosen up my legs though, they feel so much better today. This morning was PUB and BBW. I didn't do the LBB BOnus barre work, I may try to get that in later. I was so mad though that I forgot to take Cheryl's advice and do the ab work first. I was trying to remember if PUB had abs in it or not, and then when I saw that ball I said OH NO. I couldn't do all of those pikes. errrrrr. Maybe I will remember next time. have a great Friday ladies!

Pam

This morning I worked back and triceps. I did not get my calf work in that I missed yesterday. Just not enough time in the day. I didn’t get to give blood yesterday either. I got too busy at work so I had to cancel my appointment. Hopefully I can find time to go today and give.

Cheryl Great job on 4DS kickbox cardio + li tabata from CF! I like that low impact tabata better than the one from TTM. I think it is because TTM has pushups. It so nice to go to a restaurant with a gift certificate. Makes me feel a little freer about what I can order price-wise. Great job on your spin class! I’ve never taken a spin class but Cathe’s Cycle Max always leaves me in a puddle of sweat with super tired legs afterwards. Hope your PT went a little easy on your legs today to give them a break. I do have weighted gloves and the pace weights so I might have to give those a go next week. I do love my squat rack. DH does too because now he doesn’t have to spot me anymore! If I don’t post over the weekend, I wanted to wish you luck on your PT exam (I believe it is Monday right?).

Janie Great job on your walk with Rolly on the beach! That’s really good that you are having beautiful weather. Makes it so much easier to exercise outside when it is nice like that. It took a little while but I figured out what heights to adjust the squat rack to for the different exercise. I was actually smart about it and wrote down the settings so that I wouldn’t have to try to remember.

Pam Wow! I salute you with doing 30/30 yesterday afternoon. You are one amazing lady for sure! Great job on PUB + BBW! I guess it is a good thing you 30/30 loosened your legs so you could work them with the BBW again this morning. LOL! I usually remember at the end of PUB too about Cheryl’s tip. I am actually kind of glad I did my squat workout yesterday even though I didn’t give blood last night. Sometimes it is nice to get those toughies out of the way. I think I checked out that rotation once (the February Rock Bottoms, right?). I saw all those double workouts and said “no, thanks!”

Have a wonderful day!

Janie Nice day for a walk on the beach today. My legs are feeling fine today :confused: I thought that I wouldn't be able to walk after the spin class.

Pam Good job on 30/30. Sometimes it is the time of day that you workout that can make it either easier or more difficult. I am glad that your shoulder is better. Hopefully you only slept on it wrong. Yes my test is on Monday, I will be so happy when it is all done. The spin class was tough but fun. I would like to do another one again. Good job on PUB. Maybe you need to put a note on the front of the cover that says "Do abs first" :D that way you won't forget.

Julie Good job on back and triceps. I know what you mean about there not being enough time in the day to fit everything in. Yes a gift certificate is great and we still have a bit left on it so we can go back again. No my PT did not go easy on me today so I will see how I am doing tomorrow. The weighted gloves may help with increasing your weights for shoulders. I find shoulders is the toughest muscle group to make large weight increases with. You have a great memory, yes my test is on Monday.

Well my legs weren't feeling too bad after yesterdays spin class. So today my PT had me doing static squats of the BOSU, jumps onto the BOSU and trying to balance on an extreme balance board. They were hard but I am getting better with my balance. So I will see how my legs are doing tomorrow. I also found a BOSU on Craig's list so we are going to pick it up tonight. Now I will have my own to practise on.

Happy Friday everyone. My last day of vacation :( reality starts again on Monday.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.