Strength in Numbers

Today was cardio in the garden. I kept lifting and pulling those heavy loads of weeds and my heartbeat was a going. Also Rolly and I went on our forest walk for about 45 min. Got the sauerkraut in the fridge and now can ferment slowly. There was a lot of juice left and I had a large green cabbage, so I used the juice to ferment that one too. Don't want to waste that benefiting pro biotic juice. Pickles are bubbling away and fermenting as we speak. Smells so good in my kitchen! O My.:D My blackberry brambles all have been destroyed. I don't know why people do that. I'll have to do some looking around for another place to pick. I did get 4 sandwich bags full of berries though. Usually I get at least a couple of buckets full.

Cheryl, We'll go to Vegas in the middle of Sep. After this weekend will go to the Beach House one last time for the Summer. That's only for about a week and a half and then need to pack up and get ready for our road trip to Vegas. Great job on Hiit DWP and stretch max.

Eunice, Pickling cukes are cucumbers just for pickling. I was only able to get about 4 sandwich size zip lock bags full of berries. For some reason someone destroyed the brambles I was going to pick. Darn! I don't know of anywhere else to go. LOL Oh Balloons! OK, I should have figured that out. I love those kinds of days like you had on Sat. It was so nice of the girls to make breakfast in bed for you. How sweet. Also it sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing time at the gym. Good going. Great job on Intensity, that should make up for those wonderful sounding brownies. Give Sam a pet for me.

Pam, Great job on Intensity and the Trolley Pub. Oh, that sounds like soooooo much fun! I've never did a progressive dinner before. You do know how to have a good time! Good job on your relaxing rest day. Great job on this mornings TTM Extreme.

Cheryl, Great job on yoga today and riding your bike there. Now that's the way to go. OOOOOO a safari trip sounds exotic. Your brother must be very adventurous.

Take care,

Janie

Eunice Uh oh, I goofed! I put Feb 2012 in my calendar and Rock Bottoms is Feb 2011. So I did the wrong workout today! I think what really kills me on the tabata rounds is that she throws in those nasty straddle jacks. UGH!
Great job on yoga and riding your bike there. Oh wow, an African safari sounds so cool. I bet he has some awesome pictures! An extra 15 hours added to that trip would be a real drag, but that was nice that he had a hotel room at least!

Janie Great job on your garden cardio workout and your walk with Rolly! Someone purposely destroyed your blackberry brambles? Why in the world would someone do that? I'm glad that you got a few at least. The progressive dinner was fun but the 2 hours that they plan for it really isn't enough.

So as I said, I put the wrong rotation in my calendar, so instead of CCC+300 walking lunges this morning I did BM2. :eek: Oops! Not off to a very good start on the rotation. Now that I have fixed it I see that KPC is on the schedule for Wed, so maybe I will do my CCC then.....Have a great Monday everyone!

Pam

Saturday I didn’t work out but I did shampoo the carpets, clean my car, and bathe both dogs plus do some grocery shopping and ran errands. Sunday I worked chest and biceps and then did the low impact tabata from To the Max along with the core work and stretch and then it was lazy day Sunday the rest of the day. This morning was hamstrings. Normally I do some glute work too but I didn’t have time. I still haven’t been sleeping well and last night woke up in the middle of the night for about 2 hours just restless. I couldn’t get comfortable and for some reason I was hot despite two fans blowing on me. I was having problems sleeping all weekend too. I’m beginning to get frustrated which I am sure is not helping the sleeping situation.

Cheryl Great job on Friday’s PT session! It did sound really fun, interesting, and definitely a keeper. My calves were not screaming at me thankfully. I had very slight DOMS when I woke up in the middle of the night Friday but they were gone Saturday morning. Great job on DWP and stretch max! Great job on riding your bike to yoga! That is an excellent way to get in a little more exercise plus get some fresh air and sunshine too. The safari trips sounds fun and exciting but missing the connection stinks. Is this the same brother that was doing the photography classes?

Janie Great job on disc 30 and upping those weights!!! Oh, a U-Pick farm sounds like fun. I think there are a few around here but they are usually fall items like pumpkins and apples. That is a lot of cucumbers! Those will make great Christmas gifts too. Great job on cardio in the garden! Great way to multitask and get exercise and chores done! Wow and then you and Rolly went for a walk after that. Awesome job! That stinks that your blackberries were mostly gone. I love all berries, so good and low cal but full of fiber!

Eunice Good job on your “relaxing” day. It does sound nice to be in your robe until 11. Great job at the gym with the rowing machine and abs. I would love to try a rowing machine out but I don’t have the room or money for a home one and no gym membership (or one reasonably close by). Great job on Intensity to burn off that brownie and ice cream!

Pam Great job on Intensity Friday and TTM Extreme on Sunday! That Trolley Pub sounds fun. Plus the pedaling probably helps burn a few calories off in between restaurants. Hmmm. I’m not remembering the straight leg bike maneuver in TB. I can say that I don’t enjoy how long she tortures us with the bike maneuver in any of the workouts. They seem never-ending. My calves weren’t mad at me much at all. I think I need to go heavier but I topped out on dumbbells so maybe I will have to do the standing calf raises with a barbell? Well you still got a good workout in with BM2 even if it wasn’t CCC + 300 walking lunges. To tell you the truth, I would rather do BM2!

Have a great day!

Janie Way to go with your cardio in the garden. Gardening is a good workout. You were really busy in the kitchen today. We used to have blackberry bushes around us but now there is nothing but condos there now. Hard to believe that September is now less than a week away. At least Vegas should be cooler then. My brother likes to do different things, he went with some friends of his so at least he wasn't by himself.

Pam He was quite tired today when he finally made it home. At least he got an upgrade to first class on the way home. He had his own little pod so he wasn't bothered by anyone else. Good job on BM2 even though it was the wrong workout to do today :p.

Julie I don't think you would have had time to workout on Saturday with everything that you did. Good job on chest and biceps and the low impact Tabata andyour hamstrings today. A lazy Sunday was a good idea with everything else you did. Sorry that you still are not sleeping well. It makes for a long day when you are not rested. I hope that the work stress will ease for you soon so you can get back into a sleeping pattern again. Yes this is the same brother who did the photography classes. He said that he took a few thousand pictures and he will get some of then on a DVD to show us next Sunday when we see him.

This morning I did MMA Fusion, I really like that one. I was thinking of you Julie when I was doing the turtle spins. After that it was more studying and some errands.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Did disc 31 chest and back, upped the weight to 90%. It was good. barbell rows was 75#'s, chest press using (2) 25# dumbells , flys using (2) 25# and deadlifts were 65#'s. Tomorrow will do garden cardio again.;)

Pam, I have a special public place to pick my blackberries, and have a tendency to call it mine. But, it isn't, it's public. Sorry about that. Great job on BM2.

Julie, You had a busy Sat. good to catch up. Great job on Sun. chest and biceps and Low impact tabata and core work plus a stretch. Also great job on today's hamstrings. So sorry about you insomnia I hate when that happens. Try and get some rest tonight.

Cheryl, Great job on MMA Fusion. Are you getting good weather like us?

Take care,

Janie

PamMe too, I hope we don't have to wait to long for our stuff, we are going to mail things back at home because I'm not planning on carrying 10 pieces of luggage this time, just moving Sam alone will be enough of a carry on. Alright!!! so I saw that you got the February 2012 instead of 2011, I'm sure you'd fix that up and don't listen to our friend JulieYou still need to caught up with PCCC:p I'm sure PCCC is in with your favorite ones too... How funny that you have trouble figuring out the weights at home, just to funny!! but I believe that some times I keep doing the math to see how heavy is my barbell, I should know that every time because is the same barbell I use at home. I know I was pretty comfy last saturday:p I think my shoulder is getting better I can feel it already.
Good job doing Intensity we were in the same thinking:confused: Wow! that Trolley Pub sounds like fun and the progressive dinner even more fun. Good job on taking a day off and then doing TTM Extreme I'm with you those 2 extra tabata rounds are killers.

Cheryl I'm glad I won't have to worry about the convert ion thingy, not only at the gym but also when I want to cook something from an Australian Mag I have to convert grams to cups. You should tell DH to bring you breakfast to bed or just get up to get it then go back to bed, that is good too. 45 min not to long when you are having fun that's what DH told me.:p:p Yeah, we are getting very close to the day.
Good job doing yoga and riding the bike for an extra calorie burn or like what Cathe will call it, a gift to your self!:p How fun a Safari trip, it sucks to be stuck somewhere but I'm sure London is not a bad place to be.

Janie Good job doing Cardio garden that was an awesome workout whit awesome results when you see your garden all pretty. Also for doing the 45 min walk with Rolly. You are good making all those yummy things and not throwing anything is a good idea. How did they got destroyed? it was the weather? or an animal? or someone else? 4 sandwich bag instead of the couple of buckets is a good chunk of diff. Ok, thanks for telling me what pickling are.

PamGood job doing BM2 but.... Jk

Julie Wow! you did a lot of work in your house and running around to do errands. Also for doing biceps/chest/ then the tabata portion from TTM, and for doing hamstrings, hopefully you get to relax a little bit soon, you surely need that sleep to work those legs. Take care Julie.

Ok so yesterday was a busy day, in the morning I went to get the therapy for my shoulder I think is working it doesn't hurt anymore and that cold sensation I was having is gone now, so I'm happy with that she said that I should get at least one more treatment. So I did CCC + 300 walking lunges I was expecting DOMS, big ones! but not to bad, I'm sore but not that bad. Ok then in the afternoon we took Sam to get a Rabies shot and microchip he is all getting ready, next weekend we will pick up the cage, then the day before we leave we go to get a certificate that we are ok to import him, and a 24 hour before check out with another vet, all that is schedule for now we just need to buy the plane ticket which we will get once we get the cage so we can give all those details to the airline.

Today I did Lower Body Blast I think this one is for the DOMS I haven't done that one in so long, lets see.
Have a nice evening every one.

Julie Wow, you had a really busy day on Saturday. Maybe you didn't do something that was officially titled a workout, but you definitely got a workout in. Great job on Chest, biceps li tabata anc core on sunday and hamstrings on Monday. Sorry to hear that you haven't been sleeping well. I hope that gets better soon because it sure is hard to function on not enough sleep. That is so frustrating when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Of course it feeds on itself too, the moroe frustrated you get about it the worse it gets. I don't usually mind the bike maneuver so much, but I don't like the TB straight leg version too much. I think you have blocked that move out because it is painful ;) I'm sure that would work for you to use the barbell for your calve work. Actually I'm not sure I could've done CCC yesterday morning anyway. My DH had a conference call Sunday night that STARTED at 11:45 pm and didn't end until 5 am Monday. Then he slept for an hour and had another call at 6:00 with the same people. He had a customer that was installing the new release of his software so they were on the phone with them for the whole thing. I did go to bed, but I went later than usual and then didn't sleep great because I woke up and heard him on the phone.

Cheryl That was nice that your brother got that first class upgrade after his delayed flight. First class on international flights is very nice! I enjoyed my BM2, I wasn't kind've glad that I had the wrong workout (but don't tell Eunice ;):p)
Great job on MMA fusion, I always think of Julie during the turtle spins too!

Janie Great job on disc 31 and upping your weight to 90%, WoW! Those are some heavy weights that you are lifting!! Well, it's nice that you have a place for blackberries, but not so nice that they got destroyed. :( Blackberries are one of my favorites!

Eunice I don't blame you for not carrying 10 pieces of luggage, I think it is a hassle carrying 1-2! OK, my plan is to do PCCC and the 300 walking lunges tomorrow instead of KPC. SO I think overall that means I'm doing a harder week because BM2 is harder than Kpc ;) How's that for rationalization?! Of course I'm going to be at the beach Friday - Monday so will get behind again :rolleyes::confused: I have a love/hate relationship with CCC. I hate when I'm doing it, I love when I'm done :D I just go braindead sometimes when I am trying to figure out how much weight I need to put on each end of my barbell. This usually happens when Cathe is changing the weights so fast and I am trying to catch up! I'm glad to hear that your shoulder is feeling better but don't push it!
Great job on CCC and lunges. It sounds like you have Sam all prepared for his trip! Great job on LBB too. I did the right one today so I did LBB too. For some reason I don't usually get DOMS when I do this one but I don't know why....? :rolleyes: I remember people talking about that on the forums when these workouts first came out too.

So as I said, I corrected my calendar and id LBB this morning. It as funny because I was thinking I hadn't done it in a long time, and then about 2/3 of the way through the warm up I realized that I had just done it twice in the last rotation :rolleyes: I was talking to Cathe during those static lunges! Is it just me, or do other peoples toes hurt when you do the elevated lunges?? Have a great day ladies!

Pam

I apparently only work out 5 days a week now. I got plenty of sleep last night (finally!) so I can’t blame not getting up on that. My alarm went off and I just didn’t want to get out of bed. Tuesdays is my only non-lifting day. I just do not have any desire to do cardio anymore. I am trying to do 2 tabatas a week but that is all I have in me. I just want to lift right now and focus on gaining muscle and strength. Maybe taking this break from cardio will help me get my desire to do it again after a while. :confused:

Cheryl Great job on MMA Fusion! You know the thought of doing those turtle spins could make me want to do MMA Fusion at some point. Of course, I can always just do the turtle spins on my own. They are fun! Oh I bet those safari pictures are going to be great. He probably has the best equipment to take wonderful photos.

Janie Great job on disc 31! You are doing awesome increasing those weights. Last night I think I was able to get good sleep just from sheer lack of it. In a couple more days, my work project will be pretty much done and hopefully my stress level will come down. Enjoy your garden cardio tomorrow.

Eunice Great job on CCC + 300 walking lunges! Amazing you didn’t get DOMS from those walking lunges. Everything sounds like it is coming together for Sam. That will be a relief knowing he is taken care of and clear to fly home. I’m glad your shoulder is doing better. Great job on LBB! Here’s hoping for some DOMS! I think I am using my heavy hamstring workout on Monday as an extra excuse on why I take Tuesdays to sleep in. Like I need another excuse huh?

Pam Great job on fixing your calendar and doing LBB! I have the same problem with elevated lunges. I have been doing them in my own strength rotation because they do work so well but every time I do them, I think how do people do these without hurting their toes. They don’t necessarily hurt after I am done just during. So uncomfortable. I have thought about putting the top of my foot flat on the high step but I think that makes it a little harder. Wow! Those are crazy conference call hours. I hope your DH got to stay home after his 6am conference call and sleep a little more. I really think I slept so well last night because my body was just so exhausted and I needed to catch up a bit. I think this was the first night in a week that I slept well. Well, good for me anyway. I always wake up in the middle of the night at least 1 or 2 times to go to the bathroom but usually can get back to sleep within 10 minutes. That’s how last night was so pretty good for me anyway.

Have a great day!

Janie Way to go with disc 31 chest and back and upping your weight to 90%. You are doing really well with the heavy weights. Enjoy your garden cardio again. We have been getting nice weather, it has been perfect not too hot and not too cold until today. It is cooler outside and we have been getting a bit of rain which will continue for a couple of days. However they say the long weekend is suppose to be nice.

Eunice Ha ha DH bringing me breakfast in bed. It will never happen since he is a night owl and I am a morning person. I am always up hours before him so I would starve if I waited for him to get out of bed to bring me breakfast. Once I am up I am up the cats need food and I need my coffee. I like to sit at the table and drink it and read, it is my time. My brother didn't mind being in London but he didn't really have enough time to really go out and do anything. I am glad to hear that your shoulder is getting better. Hopefully it will be fine once you need to head home. Good job on doing CCC and 300 walking lunges and LLB today. It is all coming together now with going home, does Sam sense anything is up?

Pam Yes first class on international flights is really nice. It makes the trip more enjoyable than having to sit in coach. Don't worry I won't tell Eunice that you were glad you mixed up your workouts ;). Nice job on LLB today. My toes don't hurt doing the elevated lunges it is my quads that start to talk to me. Is it the toes that are on the step that hurt? If it is maybe you are pushing down too hard to try to keep your balance.

Julie Working out 5 days a week is still really good. I think you probably need the break from cardio and that is fine. Sometimes getting more sleep is more important than trying to force a workout that you don't want to do. Listen to your body and eventually you will want to do cardio again. I bet once the stress at work subsides you will get your energy back. My brother has some really good camera equipment including a telephoto lens. I saw some of the pictures he took on FB and with how close the picture is of lions I hope he did use the telephoto lens otherwise I will tell him that he was crazy to get that close :D.

Today was another PT day. It was the same concept as last Friday but the exercises were a bit different and the balance challenge was increased. I can feel my core getting stronger which is good.

Cheryl

Pam I like the way you think!!:p rationalization ok, you did a harder week then me:p I'm so glad though that you fixed in your calendar. Don't worry about messing with the rotation, I'm sooooo sick today I didn't workout. I don't know why but before you guys mentioned anything about CCC I didn't have any trouble doing it.:confused: And NO I didn't get DOMS but I got the cold:(
That is so funny what happen to you with LBB workout, so funny! sorry! It does hurt my toes but what I do is secure the step with a heavy dumbbell behind then I put my toes right on the edge, I think, right now I can't think but something like that.

Julie5 days of heavy weight lifting its enough, you are doing almost what I did with Jaime Eason trainer and that's good too. I think after a while you will want to do cardio one more time, maybe you did overdo when you were working out twice per day, remember? not every day but the days that you did it killed your love for cardio, so just give it the time and then you will be fine.
Good job doing sleeping in.... Sorry if I misunderstood but as I was telling Pam I'm sooooooooo sick today! No DOMS!:(only cold.

Cheryl I love those kind of mornings as well, when you get up, is all quiet, you get to drink your coffee do some reading, all nice and quiet, of course it I only get to do that when the girls are off from school and I don't have to rush in the mornings, by the way this is their last week of school we are taking little trips here and there before we head home.
Sounds like an awesome workout, it sounds really good, I would love to have a stronger core too... good for you!!! you have to give me a core routine so I can get a strong core.

Sorry I didn't chat that much but I'm on bed whit a huge headache and sinus infection, maybe? I just know that my sinus hurt so bad :mad: I was getting sick since yesterday but I forgot to mention it , today I couldn't do anything last night I couldn't sleep and today I pushed my self to cook a pot of soup then I went to bed and I'm still here, I was by my self all day long till 5.00pm .:(:( So no DOMS from yesterdays workout only the cold. :( hopefully tomorrow I feel better to jump on the wagon of my routine. I hate getting sick!
Sam, laying all day next to my bed, so cute!
Stacy comes to check me every now and then, so cute.
DH make me a tea, yuck! horrible tea that it suppose to help me get better. Cute! medicine kind, yuck!!!!!
Brandy, annoying like always. but helping in the kitchen.
Rachel, gives me anything I need with out a question, so cute too.
Have a nice day every one..

Last edited:
Julie I am thinking that you are stressing your body with all of the heavy lifting plus all of the stress at work. It's telling you that it needs that sleep, so I think it is good that you listened. I think sometimes a break is just what you need to get motivated and enthusiastic about something again. Yep, my toes don't hurt at all after I'm done but they sure do hurt while I'm doing the elevated lunges. I think I am going to try Eunice's trick next time (if I remember of course :rolleyes:) and see how that goes. DH didn't get to sleep much more. He went back to bed for about 2 hours, but then had to get up and go to the office and then fly to Toronto that afternoon. He said that he got a great sleep that night though. I'm the same way. I wake up at least once every night to go to the bathroom. I'm glad that you finally got a good sleep in.

Cheryl Thanks for keeping my secret from Eunice :p My quads always talk to me during the elevated lunges too. I'm not sure which scream at me louder though, my toes or my quads! Great job on your PT session. Was it the same instructor as Friday? That is fantastic that you can feel your core getting stronger. You'll have to share if you learn some great new moves.
Were the balance challenges with the bosu again?

Eunice[/B[ Oh no!! So sorry to hear that you are sick :( Don't push yourself to work out tomorrow if you are still not feeling well, you need to let yourself recover. Sorry that we spoiled CCC for you, forget we ever said anything about it. It's not bad at all, it's a piece of cake! :p Did that work? I like your idea of securing the high step with a weight and then putting your toes on the edge for the elevated lunges. I will try to remember to do that next time! How sweet that you have so many people looking after you! I hope you are feeling better soon. Sinus infections are the worst!

OK, this morning I did my PCCC and 300 walking lunges so I don't feel guilty anymore. I'm thinking about changin PCCC even more next time: round 1, 4, 3, 2 5 :D We'll see! Have a great day

Pam

So this morning I got in my shoulder workout plus did the Step Tabata from To The Max! Yep right now, 4 minutes of cardio is about all I can handle. I might be able to muster up 8 minutes and double up the tabatas but I think I will wait a week or so until my work stress levels out. I am feeling a bit more rested so that is a good sign.

Cheryl Great job on your PT session! I bet you are getting a lot of great ideas. That is good that your core is getting stronger from the balance challenges. I know I need to work on my balance both horizontally and vertically. I think what you pointed out to Pam about the elevated lunges hurting the toes on the elevated leg may be what my problem is. I don’t have good balance and am probably overcompensating with the back leg for my balance. Thanks for the pep talk about 5 days still being good for working out and taking a break from cardio. I need the support.

Eunice Ah! So sorry about your cold. No fun being down and out even if you are getting help for DH and your girls. That is so cute about Sam laying by your bed. I’ve noticed our dogs seem to know when one of is not feeling well and they tend to lay by that person more than the other during that time. Do rest up and take care of yourself so you get better. My double duty of workouts is probably what pushed me over the edge and made me over train. I think taking this break will do me good and as you and Cheryl point out, 5 days working out is still good.

Pam Great job on PCCC + 300 walking lunges! So I guess you will be doing PCCC more often to get the rounds in the perfect order! Yep, I think I just over trained and got burned out. I am going to just do what I want for a while and that should help spark my interest in more things over time. I am thankful I can come here and have you gals support me. I like Eunice’s idea for the elevated lunges too. Hopefully I will remember next time I do them. I bet your DH was just exhausted by the time he got to Toronto. Probably why he slept so well. I think I have trained my brain to wake up at the same time each night to go to the bathroom. I have noticed I wake up at the same time (or close to it) every night and go to the bathroom—even if I don’t go that much, it’s like I’m awake, better go.

Have a great day!

Eunice My stronger core is due to doing balance challenges on the BOSU and the extreme balance board. My trainer also has me doing a lot of planks and ball roll outs. Cathe does the ball roll outs in some of her DVDs the difference with mine is that I am standing when I do them instead of kneeling and I think that activates the core more. Nice for the girls to be able to see a bit more of Australia before you leave to come home. Sorry that you are not feeling well. At least it sounds like you are being taken care of. Animals seem to know when you are not feeling well. So cute about Sam laying next to you.

Pam I will have the same PT for all of my sessions. It helps with being able to progress exercises since she can see what I am able to do and push me a little bit more in each session. The balance challenges were with the BOSU again and a piece of form similar to a foam roller but the bottom is flat. You stand on it with one foot in front of the other and then do bicep curls or shoulder presses while you are trying to keep your balance. Good job on your PCCC and the 300 walking lunges. I also wanted to mention to you that we got a really good brush for our cats. It is called the Ferminator and it really gets a lot of fur off of them and also mats. Tango had a mat by his collar and with just a couple of swipes with this brush the mat came out without a problem. I know Butters suffers from mats too so I thought I would let you know about this brush in case you want to check it out.

Julie Good job on getting your shoulder workout in and the Step Tabata. I think you are really stressed out and that is why you are struggling with your sleep and working out. You may even just want to leave out cardio all together until you can get over the stresses at work and you look forward to doing cardio again. It could be that not having the proper form or balance contributes to the pain in the toe. Without watching you to see your form it is only a guess. That is what we are here for support. I have been through what you are going through and I know it is very fustrating. Hang in there and it will get better.

This morning it was Athletic Step, I hadn't done that in a long time and I forgot about the blast at the end :eek:. After that I did some grocery shopping and more studying.

Cheryl

Pam Oh no, no workout for me today, I had this horrible headache and chills so no, i was on bed almost all day, with out food in the house, its a mess.:mad: but let me tell you that you make me laugh so hard today with the CCC thingy, I was thinking how bad it was for me, and I remember DH coming home once when I was doing that one and he make fun of me and showed me how I looked like it was terrible.:p
Good job doing PCCC + 300 walking lunges I hope you get better DOMS than I did. Now, why do you want to change it again?

Julie Good job doing shoulder + step tabata, hopefully soon you get your mojo back. I think just doing what yo feel like doing is good enough, I thinks it would be a good idea to take a week off, get a good sleep, maybe things at work get better too, then you might start getting excited about doing things again little by little, please take it easy.
No workout for me still, I don't know about tomorrow:eek::(

CherylYou will have to give us a routine I don't have a BOSU yet, or the other thingy but that sounds just good. I cannot picture you doing the standing rolls ins. Good job doing athletic step, grocery and studying.

Another day of misery not being able to workout and not being able to do anything, I need to go grocery shopping too a big one, tonight I went with DH to the grocery store to get a few things it was pretty cold outside I hope that doesn't make feel worse tomorrow.
We had pizza for diner:confused: I didn't wanted to drive early I had this huge headache that I told DH no, I cannot go, I cannot concentrate in the driving, is hard to be sick.:mad:
Have a good day everyone.

Julie Great job on your shoulder workout and your step tabata. Hey, that's the whole idea with the tabata workouts right, that you don't have to spend an hour doing cardio but you still get the benefits so I think it is great that you are getting them in. I'm glad that you are feeling more rested. I'm not sure there will ever be a perfect order for PCCC, maybe round 1,2,3,5 and done?! ;) We'll see. I think you are right that you overtrained and a break should be a good thing. Besides, you are still getting awesome workouts in, the heavy lifting you are doing is so good so you shouldn't worry about not doing the cardio. I know, it makes me so mad when I wake up to go to the bathroom but it seems like I really didn't need to. Sometimes I just lay there trying to go back to sleep without getting up but it doesn't happen. I should know by now that I just need to go ahead and get up so I can get back to sleep!

Cheryl That makes sense to stick with the same PT for your sessions. It sounds like they have been well worth the cost too. I bet it's a nice change of pace too. Oh wow, those balance challenges sound.......challenging! :p You know what, we HAVE a furminator, I just need to find it. I had forgotten all about it, but it is nice to hear that it gets knots out too! I was just petting Butters and noticed he is starting to get some knots on his neck.
Great job on AS, that is a fun one but that blast at the end is a little sneaky of Cathe!

Eunice Oh so sorry you are feeling so bad! :( I don't think you should be fretting about getting to the grocery store, you just need to take care of yourself. OMG, I would smack my DH if he was making fun of me while I was working out. I remember one time he went and got a coffee and sat on the couch to watch! I told him to take a hike! The reason I am thinking aobut changing it again is because that first cardio in round 2 is probably the second hardest thing after the drop and roll things. The one where you hop twice and then drop down and do a pushup. It is good to get it out of the way, but it might be nice to have a little rest after round 4. :rolleyes: I didn't get any DOMS from CCC+lunges either :confused:
I don't blame you for having pizza for dinner, you should not be trying to cook while you are sick and you should not be trying to drive either. Just sleep sleep sleep! Take care!!

This morning for me was 40/20 and Weights and plates abs. I was dripping sweat after 40/20 - there were drops all over my step. I was afraid I might slip while I was doing the running ma :eek: Luckily I didn't though. OMG, they have been washing the windows at our building for the past 2 days and the contraption that they are using to get up and down to the windows beeps constantly. It is driving me crazy. I have to go see if I can find an empty conference room to hang out in somewhere or I will go completely bonkers! I hope everyone has a great day.

Pam

This morning was back and triceps work. I have a pretty busy day today with work and then I have a dentist appointment and errands to run after work. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow though. I think I really need a day to just relax.

Cheryl Great job on Athletic Step! Is that the one were Cathe says “thought you were done but surprise” because of the blast? That is sneaky to put it in there like that. :p I think I will have to play the cardio pieces by ear. If I have the energy after one of my strength workouts to do a tabata, I’ll through it in there. Yes this time is very frustrating right now with the stress. Of course, the frustration only makes it worse.

Eunice Poor girlie! Your cold sounds really horrible. I’m glad you are resting and taking it easy. No driving when you have a headache is good. It’s so nice that your DH is able to help you right now. Plus you have your girls to snuggle you. I don’t think I am quite ready for a whole week off, maybe in a few more weeks. I am enjoying lifting just not cardio right now. :eek:

Pam Great job on 40/20 & W&P! That is a tough combo. Oh that beeping would drive me nuts too. Hiding in an empty conference room can have other quite benefits besides no beeping. There is a guy at my work that even though he has an office with a door that shuts, he will work in an empty conference room to avoid getting interrupted. Hmm, I like the new and improved PCCC of 1, 2, 3, 5 done! Yep, I try to go back to sleep sometimes too but always end up getting up to go. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Sorry about being MIA. It's been a rough few days, with all the cukes, sauerkraut, and just in the nix of time before the water pump had problems. OMG I'm so glad to be back at the Beach House. I've kept up with Cathe's workouts, did a couple more garden cardios and and today an hour of speed walking at the beach. So beautiful and pleasant.

Julie, Great job on this morning's shoulder workout plus ST. That's what I do when I sprint, (BTW my quad is getting better. Another week I think) I go as fast I my body will allow me to go for the allotted time. Which ain't long, but it sure works to keep the pounds off. I'm glad you are feeling better with that dreaded and awful stress. Get some needed rest.

Cheryl, Great job on AS. I need to do that one, missing it. And also on your shopping and studying.

Eunice, So sorry you are soooooooo sick. Please get better fast. (hugs)

Pam, Great job on 40/20 and weights and plates abs. I know what you mean about dripping sweat. To me that is a sign of a fantastic workout. Good for you. Hope you find another room to concentrate on your work. I can see window washing in that way very irritating.

Take care guys,

Janie

Eunice Sorry that you are still sick. The standing roll outs are harder than being on your knees. When you get better you will need to give it a try.

Pam Yes it was worth the money to get some PT sessions. The balance challenges are a challenge but they are really helping with strenghening my core. I can't believe how much fur comes off our guys when I use it. Our other comb wasn't doing anything. I found that it really worked on Tango's mat. You will need to find it and see if it works on Butters the same. Good job on 40/20 and Weights and Plates abs. Scary when your step gets really sweaty and you are not sure if you are going to slip off or not. So that is what all the beeping was about that you mentioned of FB. How annoying, hopefully they will be done soon.

Julie Good work on back and triceps. I think it was a good idea to take tomorrow off and relax. Hopefully it will help your stress levels. I can't remember what Cathe said before the blast but it could of been "thought you were done but suprise". Play it by ear for your cardio, if you are up to it go for it but if not don't try to push it.

Janie Don't worry about being MIA you have been really busy. Enjoy your time at the beach house, I hope the weather is nice so you can get out onto the beach with Rolly.

For some reason I was really tired today so I decided to take the day off. Thinking back I hadn't taken a day off from working out in almost two weeks so I guess my body was telling me that it was time. I want to have my energy back for my PT session tomorrow.

Cheryl

Julie Great job on our back and triceps work. I'm glad to hear you are taking a vacation day today, it sounds like you really need it! I hope you have a restful enjoyable day! Yep, sometimes it's nice to be able to hide and just get some work done! I did find a conference room to hang out in and it was great. Oh, you like that version of PCCC huh? The only problem is that I know that if any one of use did that version we would feel guilty and feel like we had cheated. :rolleyes:

Janie No worries about being MIA, it happens to all of us sometimes. You have been a busy lady. I'm glad that you got all of your cukes and sauerkraut done before your water pump problems. Is that fixed now? Enjoy your time at the beach house. Great job n your garden cardios and speed walking!
Yes, I love the dripping sweat. My sign that I had had a really good workout used to be if my shins were sweating during my stretch :D Yesterday when it was dripping from my hair I knew I was there!

Cheryl I am trying to picture standing roll outs and can't figure out how you would do that at all.....do you have to use a bigger ball? Maybe I will try to google it and see if there are any pictures on the web....OK, I definitely need to find that furminator and go after Butters. He won';t be very happy about it, but that's what happens when you are a cat.... ;) Oh yea, the beeping was unbelievable, so glad they are finally done!
I was laughing when I was reading that you were trying to figure out why you were so tired yesterday. Yep, I think 2 weeks without a day off would do that. Sounds like you did the right thing by taking one yesterday. Especially with another PT session today.

Eunice I hope you are feeling better. I saw that you have been active on FB, so hopefully that is a good sign.

This morning for me was Athletic step and the Bonus Butt workout: 1 minute of squats with a heavy BB, 20 seconds of squat jumps, 1 minute of walking luncges with dumbbells + 20 seconds of power scissors; 1 minute of plie squat with heavy bb + 20 seconds of ice breakers; 2 minutes of firewalkers; 2 sets of 15 deadlifts and then the bonus barre workout from Lower Body Blast. Whew! I think I sweated more during the BBW than AS! BTW, has anyone else noticed that when you add CCC in the workout manager it says it is only 7 METs?? Huh?? What's up with that? I bumped it up to 8, what do you thinkg? Anyway, so glad it's Friday AND a holiday weekend. have a great weekend everyone. I'm not sure if I'll be posting or not, we are headed to the beach after work :D

Pam

Did STS disc 33, shoulders, biceps and triceps. My right bicep is sore. I used less weight this time around in hope it goes away. It woke me up last night it was so sore. Hmmmmm. Oh, Rolly and I did get out on the beach and walked a little.

Cheryl, Glad to see you listening to you body. Good move. Let us know how your PT session goes tomorrow.

Pam, Water pump won't be fixed until we go home on the 13th. Then we leave For Vegas on the 15th bright and early. Great job on AS and the BB and the bonus Butt workout. Wow it looks nice and intense.

Enjoy the nice long weekend everyone.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.