still on the fence

fitladydi

Cathlete
Hi Cathe I am still on the fence about ordering STS I guess I feel like why do I need it if I get results using your other workouts. Also what is your policy on returning workouts if they dont workout for us or if we just dont care for them?
Go Giants!

All sales are final with us so you if you’re on the fence about preordering then we would strongly suggest not pre-ordering now and for you to wait for the reviews once STS has been released. Though STS will cost you more after the presale you will at least be able to make a better informed decision after reading the reviews of other customers.

If you want to save money and do the preorder, you can do what I do.

I sell my DVDs on Amazon or at Ebay.

I am always recycling my collection this way.

If there is a DVD I don't like at first, I sell it. Then if I decide I want it, I order it from Cathe.

I did this with my Gym Style upper body DVDs. I sold them and later repurchased them from this site.

Cheers!

Amy

I am not really sure that you could get the kind of results that Cathe is talking about with her other workouts.
A lot of it has to do with the tempo at which you are working which will effect the amount of weight you are able to safely lift. Most of her workouts are focused on muscle endurance which utilizes a higher rep count as well as faster paced music. Also she has lots of total body workouts and circuit workouts which again are much different from strictly heavy weight lifting.
This is soooo much different from anything Cathe has ever done. Good luck in your decision. I just had to go for it because this is ideal for me and I have been doing cardio for a very long time now and my body hasn't changed. I finally got sick of doing hours of cardio with nothing on the outside to show for it and I am positive that this is what my body needs to change.
nkuangel

All you need to do is go to the thread labelled "Understanding STS" that Cathe has pinned at the top of the first forum and read her words about the STS system. Read also the questions from other forum members and all of SNM's replies.

After that, you will have a better ideas of what this system promises, which is a lot, and whether you want to experience those benefits or not.

Cheers,

Clare

>Makes absolutley no sense.

You took the time to register to post that?
Liann,

I quote,

If there is a DVD I don't like at first, I sell it. Then if I decide I want it, I order it from Cathe.

I did this with my Gym Style upper body DVDs. I sold them and later repurchased them from this site.

Now Liann, why would a person buy a dvd then sell it and buy it again?

Waiting for your reply

Steven

Liann,

I quote,

Now Liann, why would a person buy a dvd then sell it and buy it again?

Waiting for your reply

Steven
Hey, welcome to the forums!! Liane was simply trying to offer advice to another member. Generally when someone is new to a forum, you don't make a great first impression when your first posts on that forum are challenging or even antagonistic towards another member. Perhaps instead you could introduce yourself and tell us about your fitness goals, etc. What Cathe workouts are your favorite?

Carol
:)

Buying Used DVD

For anyone interested: I am new to Cathe, desperately trying to get fit and on a limitted budget. I bought some used DVDs on ebay, new on Cathe.com and I preordered STS from Cathe.com. I plan to resell my STS once I cycle through it as well as my dvds that I bought @ Cathe.com and ebay. Currently I would love a copy of Butts and gutts. I found a place online that does video exchange, but honestly it seems to comlicated and you don't "know" anyone. Is anyone interested in either swaping dvds to borrow with one another, swapping to trade or by passing ebay and selling directly to a Cathe.com member? Just an idea. I would be willing to lend or sell any of my Cathe dvds to a Cathe.com member.

Soon2bfit,

You coud sign up at www.videofitness.com or www.firmbelivers.yuku.com (also called "yayas"). Both are communities of people interested in home workout videos. The first allows you to swap dvds with other members and the second allows both swap and sale. Since they are relatively small communities of people serious about home fitness, everyone gets to know everyone else. Bad trades are very rare. People are usually upfront about whether they bought the dvd from a reliable source like cathe.com store or collagevideo/amazon or whether they got it off a source where there is potential for bootlegs like ebay, whether the dvd is in good condition. Both sites maintain a list of bad traders. A lot of cathe forum members are members on one or both of these forums. Sometimes people do temp trades too.

on the fence

Hi Ladydi!
I had pre-ordered the STS series, but realized how many dvds I already own and have cancelled for now. I also began adding up the cost of all the additional equipment I would need in order to adequately perform all the exercises on the 41 dvds. On top of the STS expense, I figured I would need to invest another $300-$400 in equipment. I just can't justify the expense at this point in my life, the money is needed elsewhere.
I will definitely consider re-ordering in the future when life changes. It sounds fabulous and I can't imagine every needing another dvd ever again once STS is out so I know the investment would last forever.
Just my experience!
Becky

I think what makes STS different from all the other Cathe videos is that unlike the other videos this concept is based on a set rotation that changes it up for you in a particular time frame. My understanding is that it helps develop Muscle Endurance, Hytrophy, and Strength in one program. "Don't all her other workouts do that?" you may ask, yes I'm walking living proof of that but what makes this a notch above the rest is that you have a bule print for how to get those results. You don't have to worry about what workout do I do next, or should I do upper body on this day and lower body on this day. The workouts seem to be arranged in a way that really allows someone to get maximum results. I think that is why they reccomend all three cycles. Hey, I know for me I'm sold. I've pre-ordered because honestly there is nothing that comes close to Cathe. I get results, I push myself harder, she just makes working out plain old fun. I'm excited about STS because I like to mix it up, something new. I also pre-order because I like to save the $$. If you're unsure maybe you could wait till the pre-views come, and even wait for the reviews from other members. You also might want to just buy it one cycle at a time see if it works for you them move on to the next cycle and then the next. Either way I don't think you could go wrong with STS or any of the other DVD's.

Unless Cathe is producing a workout or workout series directed to beginners rather than advanced exercisers, I always buy the entire series during the first presale round, even if I don't see any immediate use for one or more of what's being produced. The discounts are too good to be true given the superior quality and production values, not to mention the potential health benefits, and I am kind of like a squirrel storing up nuts for the winter: I might not immediately need the nut, but the day can and usually does come when I crave the nut.

Many's the time that a Cathe workout has sat on my shelf for months, even years, and then I happen across it, dust it off, give it a spin and find something, or more frequently someTHINGS, that send me to the moon, and then that disc gets pulled to the top of the stack.

That's my take on it. I bought STS in the first pre-order round and am eagerly anticipating it, although at this time I do not plan on doing the entire production as organized by mesocycle. Again, the day may indeed come when a proper periodization program is just what I'm craving, and then I'll have my nut!

JMHO -

A-Jock

why buy the dvd's then sell them then buy them again.........that is what makes no sense.

I can't speak for Amy, but like A-Jock said, sometimes I buy a Cathe DVD and find that it doesn't suit me, or that it doesn't suit my needs at the time. For me personally, I don't sell them, I just hold onto them. And often I find, even years later, that I will come back to them as my tastes and needs change. This has happened to me many times.

I could see where if at the time someone feels she will never use this workout it makes sense to sell it and take the cash. And then if she finds that she is later looking for that kind of workout, she buys it again. I don't find it to be such an unusual concept.

You might find that you get better responses to your questions if you phrase them in a friendlier way.

Okay this is really weird this has nothing to do with the poster's question but the response from nkuangel is freaking me out. That used to be my old username before we made the switch to the new website. I couldn't remember my password so I had to get a new screenname. I haven't posted as nkuangel since the new site opened. How could someone use my exact same screenname? And when I searched all of nkuangel's posts, thinking it was a different person, they were all mine!! I did not post that but I remember saying something similiar to that post. It's almost like someone went back through my old posts found a response to a similar question and posted it here. Is that possible?
Sorry to get off subject but I just don't get how someone could use my old screenname and one of my posts.

Okay this is really weird this has nothing to do with the poster's question but the response from nkuangel is freaking me out. That used to be my old username before we made the switch to the new website. I couldn't remember my password so I had to get a new screenname. I haven't posted as nkuangel since the new site opened. How could someone use my exact same screenname? And when I searched all of nkuangel's posts, thinking it was a different person, they were all mine!! I did not post that but I remember saying something similiar to that post. It's almost like someone went back through my old posts found a response to a similar question and posted it here. Is that possible?
Sorry to get off subject but I just don't get how someone could use my old screenname and one of my posts.

Did you see that the post was from January? This is a really old thread that was revived a few days ago.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.