Started sts today

Sissy1983

Cathlete
I started my first disc of sts today! Wish me luck! I can tell I am going to have DOMS in the am already!! No pain no gain right?!!!

Enjoy! I am starting Meso 2 tomorrow...this is my 1st round of STS also. Wait till you get to the legs DVDs..the first one, especially, gave me the worst DOMs (and I used body weight only for all the lunges/step ups)..!

Congrats on starting STS! You will love it. I consider it money well spent. I have completed one 3.5 month rotation and went right back into Meso 1 and 2 which ended in June. I am taking a break from STS, but add a DVD into my normal rotation every now and then. I miss doing STS and loved how me to lift heavier. The improved definition is appreciated too!

I hope to start STS again after I have time to enjoy the new workouts.

Oh yeah-----remember disk 9 legs!!!!!! Then again, it won't let you forget it.

Woohooo! You're gonna love it! My DH just started STS as well, (after seeing me do it twice, and envying my results ;) ) and still has DOMS from doing disc 3 (legs) on Sunday! :eek: I don't even have the heart to tell him about disc 9, rofl :p

I'll be starting back probably in Oct. or so after I've played around w/the new workouts as well. I can't wait!

Have fun!

Congrats on starting STS, I'm loving it!

I finished M1 last week...I'm on active recovery this week. Yes, disc 9!

Tracy

Good luck!! Hubby and I are just finishing up meso 2. Both have had great results so far. Both have even dropped some pounds. Can't wait to start meso 3. Have fun!!!

Regina

STS

I just started STS for the first time on August 1st. I was unsure of posting because I figured most people had "been there and done that", so it's nice to see other STS newbies. After reading the above posts, I'm a bit worried since I'm doing Disc 9 legs on Friday.

LthePoet said:
I just started STS for the first time on August 1st. I was unsure of posting because I figured most people had "been there and done that", so it's nice to see other STS newbies. After reading the above posts, I'm a bit worried since I'm doing Disc 9 legs on Friday.

Congrats, lady! Glad to hear that you're diving in ;). I feel like an STS newbie every time, lol. That's what I love about it, new and exciting every time! How're liking it so far?

I started my first disc of sts today! Wish me luck! I can tell I am going to have DOMS in the am already!! No pain no gain right?!!!

Good luck ladies ! I've finished my 4th rotation and I miss it already just a few weeks off of it. .

a little fear is good and wise! :D But be courageous...you can do it! and you will love it!:)

STS newbie

Congrats, lady! Glad to hear that you're diving in ;). I feel like an STS newbie every time, lol. That's what I love about it, new and exciting every time! How're liking it so far?

Kiki-

I'm really enjoying getting in a routine where I know what workout I'm going to do when I get home from work, rather than spending an hour deciding what to get into...and also knowing that workout is going to keep me moving. I've been surprised at how quickly the 50+ minutes goes by. Although that doesn't include the abs rotations and extended stretch obviously ;)

-Lisa

I've done STS three times since it has come out. I absolutely love it! Wonderful results too! Unfortunately, I've lost much of that strrength. I'm itching to start an STS rotation again, but with 3 children now (6 month old baby) and working. I'm afraid to commit to something that I might not be able to complete. So for now I've been enjoying the STS total body and the other DVD's from last summer. My nausea/pregnancy from last summer/fall really kept me from enjoying those when I received them.
I'm getting back to that fit and happy place now... but goodness! finding time is difficult!

Good luck with your rotations!

sharon

Kiki-

I'm really enjoying getting in a routine where I know what workout I'm going to do when I get home from work, rather than spending an hour deciding what to get into...and also knowing that workout is going to keep me moving. I've been surprised at how quickly the 50+ minutes goes by. Although that doesn't include the abs rotations and extended stretch obviously ;)

-Lisa

That's what I love about it too, it's all planned out FOR me. I need that, especially in the coming season (remember, I homeschool, so when school's in - I don't need any extra planning :rolleyes: ) . The time commitment is a...commitment! LOL But, I just make time for it, and it works...somehow :confused: . I do the extended stretch almost every time, but I do abs on other days.

sissy,

I am starting sts on monday and was wondering if you will be doing any cardio on the days that you do the workouts, or will you only do cardio on the off days? Also, what activity setting are you using on the workout manager?

Tracy

That's what I love about it too, it's all planned out FOR me. I need that, especially in the coming season (remember, I homeschool, so when school's in - I don't need any extra planning :rolleyes: ) . The time commitment is a...commitment! LOL But, I just make time for it, and it works...somehow :confused: . I do the extended stretch almost every time, but I do abs on other days.

I've been following the cardio suggestions on the forum which has the abs worked into it. Some days I think I would prefer abs on a non-weights day because by the time I get to them my legs or arms are so fatigued that it distracts from my ab workout. It's a work in progress. :)
Btw - I survived Disc 9! (The burning smell you may have noticed in the air was in fact not my thighs lighting on fire) ;)

-Lisa

LthePoet said:
(The burning smell you may have noticed in the air was in fact not my thighs lighting on fire) ;)

-Lisa

OMG!!! ROFLMBO! :D seriously, Lisa, u had me dying when I read that! :p. DH & DS were lookin @ me like :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.