*Stacked Upper Body* A+++

I'd been avoiding this one because upper body strength is not my forte but braved it for the first time today . I'd mostly been using 8s as my heaviest for months and had just started integrating 10s before I purchased LITE. 10s are still the heaviest set I own so I obviously used those for all the heavier exercises on the workout. It was enough, I'm definitely not ready for 12s or 15s yet. I find I progress slowly with my upper body.

I was surprised at how hard I found those 1.5 pullovers lying on the step (using 10s) - I wasn't expecting those to be the ones I struggled with most, but they were. I almost dropped to 8s the second time around but I got through it. Why were they so hard for me? Is it because they use the core more than other exercises and I'm not used to doing weighted core work (yet... :))?

My first Cathe purchase and I am very pleased!
Glad to meet another first time Cathe user - I'd watched clips of her workouts on YouTube for months before I dared try them and I'm glad I did - not just because the quality of the workouts and customer service is so good but also because these forums offer support and encouragement too. Not sure I've come across a community so easy to access and so friendly with any other instructors.

Second time doing this one. I added the pyramid lower and abs. What a workout. For me, this was just a hard as some of Cathe's advanced workouts. I was sweating, breathing heavy, and gritting my teeth. Yes the weights may be lighter, but the pace is quick and the exercises super effective. Loved it. "It gets in there and gets in there good" as Cathe would say.

Hi didsadie ,
I became a fitness instructor in 1995 , I have been taking a break from it the last few years. Moved to British Columbia last year to care for my father, back in Ontario now new place, new house etc. Finally getting my injuries taken care of, and I find laughing good medicine or I'd go nuts too ! I hope to get back to intermediate to advanced workouts again, taking it slow and safe.
Glad to hear your getting better too:)

Nice to have you back working out with me/us again Bubachick!

Glad to meet another first time Cathe user - I'd watched clips of her workouts on YouTube for months before I dared try them and I'm glad I did - not just because the quality of the workouts and customer service is so good but also because these forums offer support and encouragement too. Not sure I've come across a community so easy to access and so friendly with any other instructors.

That warms my heart Pippi! So glad you're a part of our community!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.