*Stacked Upper Body* A+++

BlakKat

Cathlete
Hubby & I absolutely LOVE this workout! It covers all upper body in a short time that flies by. It is in the form of Giant Sets consisting of 6 exercises. Starts with Chest/Tri, then shoulders & finishes with Back/Bi. So you do the 6 exercises for that muscle grouping & then repeat those same 6 one more time before moving on to next muscle group. The exercises included variations and completely new ones. Those that know about the recent 1 1/2 pullovers from a recent Live will re-visit them here. Love all the 1 1/2's for the different muscles!!! I used same weight as Cathe except I went up for Bi's. I will probably go up for Ch/Tri next time too. Shoulders were perfect. It was a tough workout that moved fast. I would have your weights close by. Perfect for any fitness level by just adjusting the weight. We loved all the exercises for each group. I especially loved the close-grip bench presses & other tri's, and the shoulder segment & the bi segment. Ok, I loved it all!!! Perfect time too for those days I want to hit everything but I wake up late;) I also enjoyed the stretch at end-a simple back stretch all of us do w/Cathe is when you sit on bench & grab your toes, well the simple addition of pointing your toes was mind-blowing for me - stretched all through my back & felt so good. Thank you Cathe for such an awesome upper body w/o that is my new fave!!!

BlakKat, how did you play Stacked Upper? Did it do ok for you from the main menu hitting play or did you choose a premix?

It's an XBox 360. I just hit play from main menu. I will have to test all my DVDs later, I never thought of checking them.

Hubby & I absolutely LOVE this workout! It covers all upper body in a short time that flies by. It is in the form of Giant Sets consisting of 6 exercises. Starts with Chest/Tri, then shoulders & finishes with Back/Bi. So you do the 6 exercises for that muscle grouping & then repeat those same 6 one more time before moving on to next muscle group. The exercises included variations and completely new ones. Those that know about the recent 1 1/2 pullovers from a recent Live will re-visit them here. Love all the 1 1/2's for the different muscles!!! I used same weight as Cathe except I went up for Bi's. I will probably go up for Ch/Tri next time too. Shoulders were perfect. It was a tough workout that moved fast. I would have your weights close by. Perfect for any fitness level by just adjusting the weight. We loved all the exercises for each group. I especially loved the close-grip bench presses & other tri's, and the shoulder segment & the bi segment. Ok, I loved it all!!! Perfect time too for those days I want to hit everything but I wake up late;) I also enjoyed the stretch at end-a simple back stretch all of us do w/Cathe is when you sit on bench & grab your toes, well the simple addition of pointing your toes was mind-blowing for me - stretched all through my back & felt so good. Thank you Cathe for such an awesome upper body w/o that is my new fave!!!

I’m so glad you and your hubby loved this workout. I love it too. Holy shoulders it burns, lol. I agree, it adapts to all fitness levels by simply selecting different weight amounts. I have been using this work out in my advanced classes at the gym here with heavier weight and we are all super challenged and muscle on fire with this workout. By the time shoulder starts we are fully spent and happy we have just a little more to go . Thank you for your feedback

I agree that Stacked Upper Body is awesome! Cathe gets so much done in such a short period of time - I went up in weight for most of the exercises and while at first I thought I was lifting too light those partial reps were killer! Six-pack abs #2 was pretty challenging as well, especially those butterfly sit-ups... ugh! Thanks Cathe for another great workout and another winner! :)

Stacked Upper Body today with Abs 2 and Extended Stretch. This one is perfect for me as a weight workout. I can never lift nearly as heavy as Cathe with upper body. I’m usually intermediate to advanced intermediate. I loved the pace of the workout and that each exercise group only had two rounds. I don’t like lots of repetitive exercises especially with weight workouts. This kept it fresh and moving. The ab section was much more difficult than I expected. Definitely not intermediate to me. But I liked that it was a slower pace than some of her other ab workouts. Extended stretch is nice when needed.

My first Cathe purchase and I am very pleased! I did Stacked Upper Body w/extended stretch. I decided to go with 3's, 5's, & 6's for the first time as I am still healing from a right shoulder injury. I also modified bent over exercises in a chair, low back injury. The extended stretch was excellent! I will have to wait to do the Lower Body and Cardio Party...sprained ankle. Yes, I know, I am a mess! Thankfully, I can modify and still enjoy great workouts. :cool:

Hi ddsadie , congrats on your first Cathe purchase !
Your , " Yes, I know, I am a mess! " made me laugh a bit .....sorry !
You are not alone, still healing from a right shoulder injury too, and a misdiagnosed
SI joint injury, felt like a mess myself many times :)

Hi ddsadie , congrats on your first Cathe purchase !
Your , " Yes, I know, I am a mess! " made me laugh a bit .....sorry !
You are not alone, still healing from a right shoulder injury too, and a misdiagnosed
SI joint injury, felt like a mess myself many times :)

Hi Bubachick! I'm laughing too because if I didn't I would go nuts. It has taken me a decade to get back to intermediate workouts. I was a fitness instructor in the 90's. Thank you for the encouragement!

Hi didsadie ,
I became a fitness instructor in 1995 , I have been taking a break from it the last few years. Moved to British Columbia last year to care for my father, back in Ontario now new place, new house etc. Finally getting my injuries taken care of, and I find laughing good medicine or I'd go nuts too ! I hope to get back to intermediate to advanced workouts again, taking it slow and safe.
Glad to hear your getting better too:)

I am not a big upper body person but this workout is good. 35 minutes your done.

I wasn't sure what weights to use and next time I will use heavier for some such as back row, I didn't have my heavier dumbbells around so I used 10s. I am not fond of the tricep dips, she does 32 of them at a pretty good clip, so I did what I could. Cathe also had tricep pushups on the step in the sequence. Next time I may sub in tricep overhead extensions for the dips as they are not as hard on my shoulders as dips are.

I will keep this in rotation as it is a good workout. I think she moves a bit too fast to go real heavy. today I used 5, 8, and 10s.

This is my third workout from the set and so far I like them all.

I tried this workout yesterday as soon as it was added to On Demand and I LOVED it! The pacing and intensity were perfect for me, and it was really fun to try some new exercises. I can tell I got a great workout as I am definitely feeling it this morning! Can't wait to try the lower body Stacked today. Thank you, Cathe, for working so hard to create yet another fantastic series!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.