Spring Running Rotation

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, with warmer weather and melting snow (hopefully!) I was wondering if you would consider making an additional Running Rotation that would incorporate 2-3 different type of runs per week in addition to complementary strength training. Thanks for your consideration and all that you do!

I would love this too! I plan to bike and run this spring/summer and fall, but not let strength training go as I have in the past few years.

I'd love the rotation to be specifically for the running crowd with some alternate ideas for cardio for non-runners instead of a "normal" rotation with suggestions just to replace said dvd cardio with a generic run day (if that makes sense!)

You don't need Cathe to put this together for you.

if you are a runner already you can do this for yourself.

Take, for example, the following half-marathon plan and add in cross training workouts of your heart's desire. This plan is a model, use it as a template to suit your own needs, desires, timetable, soreness levels, etc. Such plans and models can also be found on the runnersworld link. They are all based around a running book that features the basic 3 runs per week model.

Half Marathon Training Programs

3-Day Half Marathon Training Plan | Runner's World

Half Marathon Training Plan & Schedule

The following is a plan followed by a woman and she cites her actual trainings chedule, including lifting:

How I Ran A Half Marathon in 1:30 While Training Only 3 Days Per Week » JillFit Jill Coleman Fat Loss Coach

Clare

Thanks Clare for this article. How I am going to be put my running/biking/strength training rotation together is becoming clearer. Previous years I didn't do much strength training and eager to keep it up this year.

Suppose to get 6 inches of snow today and more nx week, but Spring is coming!

X2 Stacy-I would love also to see a Running Rotation with a Cathe flair.

But I have learned a lot about what works for me, making my own version of the Rockbottom Rotation and than now when I am working a lot of hours for a couple months, how to shorten it up and at least maintain my fitness and be ready to step it again up in late April.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.