should my puppy stay or go?

I personally think you should get a wienie dog, but I'm just biased. ;)

download15.jpg

Sorry to gang up on you Cynthia b/c I do love boxers but I have to second the vote for weiner dogs! They have the best personalities! Be sure to break them of bad habits when they're younger..like wanting to drink from a straw! lol :p All kidding aside Janie after everything you've been through I hope you find a perfect puppy dog match for your family!

Attachments

• 7-28-07 153.jpg
    7-28-07 153.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_5248.jpg
    100_5248.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_0363.jpg
    100_0363.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12
Wow what a great bunch of people you all are. The support I get here is amazing. You are all so wonderful.

Unfortunately I've been crying since 10:00am this morning. We brought him back, . .my husband couldn't even make it through the door, he just broke down. I spoke to the behaviorist, gave her my report, and records (I keep records of everything) and she says "I'm sorry to have to do this to you, especially since you got him from us but we're going to have to euthanize him." I went nuts and started crying hysterical. I begged her. Begged her to the point of totally embarrassing myself (which I didn't care). Everyone was looking at me, you could hear the crickets chirp. I begged her to look at him and do what she could do. I said that there HAS to be someone out there that would take him. I said you wouldn't put a dog down like that without checking him out first? What if there was something to be done? I mean they are the experts not me. She said that it is very unusual to show this type of agression before maturation and that it will only get worse. Finally she said okay she'll look at him and do her best to do something for him. My heart is just breaking. I'm so exhausted. First I lose my mother in law, my best friend to cancer and now this. The worst of it was seeing her take Georgie into the kennel with a file folder that said BITE in bold red letters, . . and of course Georgie was jumping on her trying to nip at her.
I spent the afternoon packing away his things. I don't know if I could ever get another dog after this. :(

Thanks everyone for listening.

Janie - {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I don't have words, really. It's terrible that they won't even try. If it were a child . . . well, you know.

My heart is breaking with yours. I will be sending you healing energy. It is going to take a lot of time, but you will heal. You will always cry when you think of him. I still cry when I think of my sweetheart, Keirin.

I'm so sorry.

Janie, I am really sorry. There's just no way to help you feel better on this one. This is a true case of being damned if you did and damned if you didn't. You're going to feel really bad for a long time and probably will never feel okay about it, but eventually it won't be on your mind constantly and will be an old ache that acts up once in a while.

Do some hard cardio- something really really brutal that takes all of your concentration and energy. It will help.

Janie,

I am in misery for you. I have also watched your posts to see how Georgie was progressing.
You did what you could do, I am sure you are in agony right now, and only time will help.
Don't make any decisions about future pets right now, let the dust settle and get through your mourning, and I mean all of it, for your friend, relative, everything.
You need to take care of yourself before you will be prepared to take care of an animal.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to get home to give my Sherman a hug, and appreciate him even more for the fact that I am fortunate enough not to be going through this. "But for the Grace of God go I.."

Meanwhile, I can't wait to get home to give my Sherman a hug, and appreciate him even more for the fact that I am fortunate enough not to be going through this. "But for the Grace of God go I.."

Thanks Conni. Yes, . .give Sherman a hug and a treat for me. If he is the handsome devil in your avatar he is stunning.

Please everyone appreciate your furry companions and love them all the more. They are so lucky to have you, . . so very, very lucky.

Morningstar, . .thanks. I did Gymstyle chest/triceps and went for a run and a bike ride. It helped a bit. I am trying so hard not to think of those last moments with him.

You are all so amazing. I apologize again for all my threads of desperation. Now I just need to give myself time.

My best to you all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.