Shock Cardio-anyone else a little disappointed?

The only "Shock" my workout got from Shock Cardio was from extreme disappointment.

If I incorporated these short duration, easier intensity workouts into my program I would be back sliding.

The only DVD I use is the HIIT and that is because I am doing all 3 workouts in one session.

Every time Cathe came out with a new program, I felt that if I mastered that workout I would be in the best shape of my life (think IMAX 1, then 2, then 3). Not happening with this series :(

Hopefully she will make up for it in the next release.

Debbie Russo

Coming in late with my .02. :)

I like the variety in intensity (I personally can't go all out, 100% every day). I also have a heavy bag and recently did the entire boxing workout on the bag, which was fun. I plan on trying that with the kickbox DVD soon.

I love the circuit, step, and HIIT workouts.

I must agree with the general opinion on the guys in the back. I don't watch them, so it doesn't affect my workout, but if one does stop to watch them, it's pretty painful. I'd rather see just Cathe or Cathe and the girls.

While I agree that the workouts are not as intense like the IMAX workouts or BodyMax 2, etc., I enjoy the series (music & all!)

Where one of the DVDs lacks in intensity, I make up for it myself. For example, during the breaks in the MMA DVDs, I will do jumping jacks to elevate my heart rate. For Athletic Step and Step Moves I use an 8 inch step, and also during the transitions, I will do jumping knee lifts rather than just knee lifts.

I have found MMA Fusion to be really interesting and there are segments that really get my heart going (like those back rolls into sumo squats and then tuck jumps).

These DVDs have introduced some new, interesting, and challenging moves, not seen before on any of Cathe's workouts, and I really appreciated her creativity in this respect. I felt really accomplished and strong when I finally mastered some of those new moves.

I find the intensity of CCC to be at an advanced level, and I am someone who can get through IMAX 2, 3 and MIC with no problems.

Just one last point - these workouts challenge me with respect to my form as well, and as an advanced exerciser, I really like that. I don't just want to huff & puff through a workout, I want to have great form, have good mind & body connection, and I feel that these workouts have helped me to focus on that.

I'm glad that I own all DVDs in this series, they add variety and interest to my workouts and I would never get rid of them.

Melanie

I disagree too

I must disagree too; I love all those new workouts. The only old workout that I still love to do after that I've bought the new ones, is the Imax 3.
Thanks to Hiit, my overall endurance is really improved; before Imax 3 was a difficult workout, now it isn't anymore.
The old Kick Max workout was for me a little too low intensity, except the challenge part.

I also like all the new MMA workouts and the Cardio Core. MMA Fusion is one of my preferred workouts: it's very funny and allows training very different things with respect to the old Kickboxing workouts.

MMA Kickboxing and Step Moves are a little lighter than usually, but not every day is possible to work at 100% of strength, so they are very useful too. In the past, I was used to do the Low Max in those days, but at the end I was a little bored from it.

Moreover, the music of new workouts is super.

When I want to do a longer workout (almost always to be honest), I don't do just one, but I mix them or I do two of them.

Last edited:
everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and bottom line is you gotta find out what works for you and do it. I do most of my cardio workouts outdoors, but when it gets too cold out or if it's raining I will pop in the Circuit or CCC or HiIt. I have tried the step ones, but step bores me. I even used to teach step, LOL!

I do enjoy the MMA, probably boxing the most, but you really need to make yourself work hard in those workouts. I think the HiIT and Circuit are pretty fun.

I was so excited for this series. I thought it would be a collection of shorter, but super intense workouts that I could alternate w the longer workouts, but the only one I find intense enough is HIIT and even that seems too short to be my only worout. I also like Athletic Step a lot, but the boxing, kickbox and MM Fusion just aren't enough. I will use the core sections, but I really wish the collection was more intense. Anyone else feel the same? Of course I still think Cathe is the BEST out there!!!

With workouts like HiiT, I couldn't imagine doing them for much longer than fifteen or twenty minutes. :D

Yeah, some of the Shock Cardio DVDs are a bit easier than Cathe's other stuff. I usually do them when I feel like a lighter workout. As for the MMA DVDs...you can make those workouts (especially Boxing) more challenging if you use a heavy bag instead of punching the air. I tried that and it makes a huge difference.

Love all of STS!

I love the MMA workouts, both step workouts, core cardio, and circuit blast and Hiit. They are all fantastic. I especially love boxing with weighted gloves. They provide the right amount of cardio variety! Awesome!

i'm most excited to try the hiit and mma workouts. as i narrow down which cathe dvds i would like to buy or ask for as a present, they are included.

Your comments help make my decision easier to order the entire set of Shock Cardio. I have alot to work up to anyway for endurance and stamina. Also I don't have STS yet, so the intensity will be fine for me until I get that one as well.

well, i have sold all mine except the MMA's. i did not find them challenging at all. and , now what is this newest STS total body thing??? why not just use STS & shock cardio to make a total body workout. seems to me , it is all about making bucks, IMO. sorry if i have insulted anyone.

Last I checked Cathe was running a business. :confused: :rolleyes: Don't buy the workout if you don't want it. Or, maybe you should just email Cathe and see if she'll just give you the STS workout for free.:rolleyes: Some comments are so strange.

I thought it was great!

Just my opinion but today I did Step Moves,and other days I have done Hiit 30/30 and 40/20. I really enjoyed it! the music in step moves is great!:rolleyes:

I like the nod to Baker Street. :) And sometimes the music in CCC is the only thing that keeps me going (when I'd much rather lay down and die).

she already had a rose and didn't need more one-on-one time to convince Jake to keep her around.
The episode also included a trip to Sea World for Ella, who was surprised when her young son Ethan showed up.
In the end, Elizabeth was sent packing after she and Jake had a heart-to-heart about her challenge to him that she wouldn't kiss him until he chose her in the end.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.