Sheer pantyhose or bare legs?

AnneMA

Cathlete
I could use some input ladies. Attending a friend's wedding as a guest soon and not sure if I should wear pantyhose or not. My preference would be to wear them since my legs are totally white. I have some nice sheer ones with no toe line. My shoes are slingbacks with peeptoes. Anyway, if it seems old fashioned or old lady-ish, I will put a little self tanner on and go without them. Just wondering what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

Peeptoe slingbacks... I'd say no pantyhose. They're kind of a faux pas right now! Which is a bummer for us translucent gals. :confused:

Last edited:
Bare legs with a little bronzer mixed with your moisturizer and you'll be fine. Never, ever wear panty hose with a shoe that exposes your toes, or with mules or basically anything that exposes your foot. It's kind of tacky even to do so. Have fun!

Another option, albeit a little more expensive, would be to try a spray tan. I am pretty pale as well, although I do tan up pretty well in the summer (not on purpose mind you). This past summer I bought a 2-pack spray tan deal. I've only used one of them so far, but I really liked the results. It only lasted about 5-6 days, so if you're at all concerned about how it would turn out, you could always do it a few days ahead of time. I really researched the salon and made sure others had liked the results. It came highly recommended from my hair stylist. If I remember correctly, I believe I paid $35-$40 for the 2-pack of spray tans.

So, again, maybe not the answer you were looking for ... but throwing another option out there!

I sure wish someone would invent a product that had the shaping qualities of pantyhose minus all the shame that comes with wearing them. :D I agree, they're definitely a faux pas nowadays.

I agree about the spray tan!
I've tried the tan stuff in a bottle and it looks fake. The spray tans are expensive, but look so natural! I use them for special occasions when I need to expose my legs.

Definately bare legs and use leg make up or bronzer. I like the Sally Hansen glow for a little sheen.

Carmen.

definitely bare legs. Panty hose are considered very passé these days. For my son's wedding, his mother-in-law was going to wear panty hose and her daughter (son's now-wife) forbade her mother to do so!:rolleyes:

It's been said enough, but I can't help repeating it....

Just say NO to pantyhose! ACK!

I won't wear them period, but most especially don't wear them with shoes that expose your toes.

How cold is it where the wedding is? I personally don't do well with bronzer or fake tans because they turn a funny yellowish color on me. if I were naturally tan like in july I'd go bare leg but if it's cold my legs... which are very pale... get almost a purplish cast. sheer hose would be preferable, and also warmer if it's still cold where the wedding is taking place.

Maybe I'm out of style here, but my legs get cold, especially in the winter- wouldn't wear open toed anything in the winter either.

I would choose the hose simply because I can't handle heels without them! I don't know why but my feet hurt even more and faster when they are bare in heels as opposed to when I have hose on. They do sell the toeless hose. I've worn them. They work. :)

OTOH, do I LIKE hose? Hell no! Ofcourse I don't! :p I'd much rather go with bare legs BUT for the reason stated above it's simply not worth it for me to do so...*sigh*...:rolleyes:

Try Air Stocking spray on micro-fine silk powder!! I just LOVE this stuff! Looks very natural and provides nice coverage that does NOT rub off on anything! I use this in "terra cotta." I've purchased this from salonweb.com. Check it out. I think you'll be very pleased. :)

Another one for no stockings...I hate them, they are uncomfortable, my feet hurt more with heels and stockings too. Get the spray tan, or even the lotions...or something. God luck, have fun!!!

I am trying to figure out who started the "war" among women over whether or not to wear pantyhose.

What happened to wearing what we like and feel good wearing and feel like makes us look our best?

Tangentially related, this summer, I had a few job interviews. I was wondering if I should wear pantyhose or not. I know in certain circles, pantyhose are starting to comeback because of Kate Middleton. Anyway, I was doing research about the pantyhose and many of the commenters at the ends of these are men that seem to have a fetish for hosiery. Or, they were men who made comments like, "Unless you're 20 with great legs, please go back to wearing pantyhose." :rolleyes:

I did wear pantyhose. The secret is not buying L'eggs or Hanes. I went to Macy's and got some 6 denier, super sheer, Calvin Klein pantyhose. I put them on, they matched my skin perfectly. It just added a polish to my interview outfit. It is like wearing mineral make up for your legs.

I will now always wear pantyhose to job interview, but that's about it. Anything else, parties, dinner with my husband, holidays-- I am bare-legged. If anyone makes comments or looks askance at me, that is their issue. :)

I am of the belief you should wear what makes you feel good.

I was at a wedding recently and noticed some women opted for hose while others did not. It was a winter wedding, so I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it (Canadian winter's are COLD). Nonetheless, all the ladies looked stylish and beautiful with/without hosiery.

For myself, hose makes me very itchy, so I never wear them. I say wear what makes you feel comfortable, confident & beautiful.

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.