Severe Chronic Constipation-Cant Go!

Ladies, constipation is NOT good for your body as we all know. If you are not removing the waste from your body everyday, you are allowing harmful toxins to invade your body and they will do terrible damage. If you eat three meals a day you must eliminate three times a day. If you are not, you are constipated. I work for a High End Nutricutical Company and we specialize in products to address the structure and function of the body. Ten years ago we came out with a product called WOW and it is one of our number one sellers. Wow gently cleanses and detoxifies the colon and liver providing relief from occasional constipation to help you feel rejuvenated. You are not alone in this! I ask you this one question; "If you eat three to six small meals a day and only have one bowl movement, where are the other meals?" I am not trying to sell you anything, but I want to let you all know who struggle daily with this issue that there are safe natural products to help you. Try WOW and I garentee you will know why we named it WOW! I used to struggle with this issue myself until I found out that you can take something to assist you with your elimination that is safe and non habit forming. WOW helps to strenthen the muscles of the colon, not relax them like a laxative. Once you start to detoxify your body, you will be amazed on how great you can actually feel. www.roex.com

If you eat three meals a day you must eliminate three times a day. If you are not, you are constipated.

A whole new definition. Must expand the target market for WOW significantly. ;)

I prefer this definition:

The clinical definition of constipation is having any two of the following symptoms for at least 12 weeks—not always consecutive—in the previous 12 months:
  • straining during bowel movements
  • lumpy or hard stool
  • sensation of incomplete evacuation
  • sensation of anorectal blockage/obstruction
  • fewer than three bowel movements per week
My source.

I am not trying to sell you anything......

ROFL!

Last edited:
A whole new definition. Must expand the target marlet for WOW significantly. ;)
I agree...isn't it interesting that often those who promote 'eat three meals, eliminate 3 times a day' are trying to sell a product?

I do think daily is good (could be once, could be more than once, depending on what one is eating and on activity level).

I haven't read all of the above, so forgive me if any of these already have been mentioned, but I also have had problems with this. I have found that the cleaner I eat, the better things "function." If I eat a lot of sugar or refined foods one day, the next day I have a lot of problems. Also, LOTS of water, 70 or more ounces per day, milled flax seed (check out Sara Snow's Web site. She has an amazing energy bar recipe that calls for flax seeds, but I use the milled, and those are great to help with the problem)... Also, EXERCISE regularly. And strong coffee in the mornings. Hope this helps. Seems like you've gotten A LOT of advice! :)

I apologize if I have offended any of you. I just read the forums religously and thought I might be able to help. I have worked out with Cathe for years and feel apart of her family like you. I never would push products on any of you, I just sounded like someone really needed some relief. I know the pain of being constipated and just wanted to help. Once again, sorry.

Last edited:
I apologize if I have offended any of you. I just read the forums religously and thought I might be able to help. I have worked out with Cathe for years and feel apart of her family like you. I never would push products on any of you, I just sounded like someone really needed some relief. I know the pain of being constipated and just wanted to help. Once again, sorry.

Fitness Chick, I am sorry too if I sounded unwelcoming and suspicious. I owe you the benefit of the doubt that you had the best of intentions and may not be aware that the product has a controversial ingredient. You may only be repeating what your corporation has trained you to say about needing a constipation remedy if you dont have as many bowel movements as the number of meals you eat. But your company is unneccesarily exposing people who dont have a problem but are convinced by your new definition to risk in my opinion. I also think this company owes consumers disclosure that some opinions dont find their herbal remedy as safe as they claim it is.

Vee, all ingrediants are approved by the FDA in that product. We have the FDA visit us on a regular basis and approve of this product. Be careful of the information you get on the web because a lot if it is false. We also have an onstaff lawyer that works closely with the FDA to ensure that all ingredients are safe and legal. Thank you for your concern. Like I said before, I was just trying to help a person in need.

One last post, I promise. I just wanted to say that I love reading all of the posts on this forum. I have learned so much and enjoy what I read. But most importantly, I love Cathe and working out with her.

I"m happy with a BM every 2-3 days and I eat 6-7 times daily. :D

My vet tells me if my dog eats a healthy diet, he'll poop less. :confused::confused:

Two words, oat bran. High fiber cereals that only contain oat bran and oats. Wheat and wheat bran can actually cause things to slow down in some people. Apple juice can also slow things down. Pear juice is very good for moving things along, you can usually find it in the baby food aisle.

Maybe you'd feel better that I wish I had your problem. I have IBS but with issues at the opposite end of the spectrum. It's hard to eat fruits, veggies and the recommended amount of fiber without worrying about whether there is a bathroom around. I could tell you where every bathroom is within a 5 mile radius of my house! And, other than Immodium, most IBS meds are targeted towards the constipated crowd. The grass is always greener....

Well, if someone is constipated and eating healthy all of the time, have you tried a day or two of junk food? I'd bet a couple of White Castle sliders would help move things along....;) Try a nice unfiltered Belgian ale. Frat guys who drink lots of Busch Lite seem to have lots of diarrhea, and not just of the mouth!

Sometimes, lots of fiber will expand in the lower GI and can actually cause a blockage.

I suffered with this problem for years.
Fish oil works for me. It acts as a softener and lubricates the intestines.
I eat about 25-30 grams of fiber a day and 6 grams of fish oil.

I use the Smooth Move tea with Senna leaves and take Milk Thistle which helps the liver and the bile situation alot! Works like a charm...I hate being stopped up, you feel so fat and gross.

Well, if someone is constipated and eating healthy all of the time, have you tried a day or two of junk food? I'd bet a couple of White Castle sliders would help move things along....;) Try a nice unfiltered Belgian ale. Frat guys who drink lots of Busch Lite seem to have lots of diarrhea, and not just of the mouth!

Sometimes, lots of fiber will expand in the lower GI and can actually cause a blockage.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.