SCOTT PETERSON---GUILTY!!!

Just saw this!! He hung himself with his bizarre behavior. I hope now that Laci and Connor can rest in peace and that her family can get on with their lives (as difficult as that will be).

Mar

Oh My Gosh My sister has been keeping me posted but she did not tel lme this Yes I think He was guilty too! What tragedy why not just get divorced I do not understand the whole thing
Lisa

But if you get a divorce there's that whole pesky child support thing. I'm so glad the jury found the way they did! I hate to admit it, I've been following this thing waaaay too closely!

I think it should have been first degree for both Laci and Connor, BUT, I'll take this verdict. I'm just so darn happy that our justice system didn't fail and he was found guilty.

Rest in peace Laci and Connor. Justice has been served.

Well there certainly was no doubt he did it. Just doubt as to whether the jury had enough brains to convict him. Thank God the lawyers didn't make a mockery out of this case as they did O.J.
Think I read once that the FBI has some statisitc that shows in these types of cases, about 95% of the time,and maybe higher, someone who knew the victim did it. And really, in this case, who the heck else would have killed her except Scott Peterson.
At least they got it right for once.
T.
:)

What do you want to bet that it is appealed as it is not absolute proof. Even if we feel he was guilty. I cannot believe people can get away with this. Although every once in awhile someone comes out serving time and did not do the crime. Although I personally feel that there was something there with that person that made them appear guilty.
Diane Sue

Thank God, they got him. May Laci and Connor rest in peace.

As a mother of married daughters (who hopefully will have their own children one day:)), this case really bothered me. I love my SIL and cannot imagine the hell Laci's parents have been through.

I just reread my post. I hope you understand I hope things stay the way they are. I would love to see this guy get what he deserves.
Diane Sue

It restores my faith in the American public a little.

I was on a jury about 7 years ago and no matter how many times the judge repeated "beyond a reasonable doubt does *not* mean beyond a shadow of a doubt," there were several jurors who would not accept the judge's instructions.

The guy we tried was caught red-handed, recorded, photographed, yet still some jurors had a hard time finding him guilty. He was selling heroin near a school (schools are everywhere). The heroin itself was in his shirt pocket. He was caught repeatedly on film.

I was the foreman and I had to finally say come on people. Finally we found him guilty on 2 of the fourteen counts against him. It made me very suspicious of Californians in general.

I feel better now.

This whole thing is so tragic. What the hell was wrong with him that he couldn't consider a divorce??? Sick, sick, sick!

Jo

all I can say is...I hope he gets the death penalty..my thoughts and prayers are with Laci's family, I hope they find a little peace with this verdict. I hope Scott gets everything coming to him and more, what a despicable resemblence of a human being, he makes me ILL!!!

I hope they're right. I don't know who else could have done it, and the defense threw a lot of "theories" out there, but as far as I know the police never considered any other serious suspects. This case reminded me so much of O.J., in that so much of the evidence is circumstantial. Whether he truly is guilty is something only he and God knows, so I hope and pray this verdict is true, and holds firm, and that justice has been done. May Laci and Connor now rest in peace.

I agree with the others who say if he was that unhappy with her and didn't want to be married with kids, he shouldn't have married her in the first place, or he should have divorced her. I can't imagine a mind that would choose murder as a means to get out of a situation you no longer wish to be in. I simply can't imagine that as an "option". Truly frightening.

Carol

I'm very happy that he was convicted. I didn't follow the case really at all, but I'm just glad to see one famous wife-killer actually got convicted. I wonder if it would have been different if he was famous for something OTHER than killing his wife.

WD, They will try to appeal it but he's going to lose. They're going to use the same jury. Even if he gets the death penalty (which I hope he does BIG TIME) he will be sitting on the death rown for at least 20 yrs before they actually execute him if that happens. It's in Cali. so who knows how long it will take. He may never be put to death either. All I know is he's going to be someone's bitch which is funny. He's a looker so a lot of guys would love him PLUS a lot of prisoners HATE men who kill babies or kids. They actually kill the person because they killed a baby or kids. Who knows what will happen to Scott once he goes into the big house. I wish OJ was found guilty BIG time myself.

Carol, OF COURSE the defense will throw out all theories out there. He's trying to sway the jury. That's the defense's job. Besides, every single evidence was pointed to Scott. For someone who's so desperate to get rid of his wife, he's a moron.

What galls me is there are quite a few pregnant women who have been killed but Laci got the most attention out of every pregnant women killed. Sure, they're an attractive couple, she disappeared on XMas eve day, etc...But PLEASE....There are more unsolved crimes against women that the press does not care about. A part of me doesn't care about the case. Although I'm a big supporter for punishment and capital punishment for the criminals.

I agree he should get the death penalty. However, I really doubt you'll get your other wish about him having contact with other prisoners. The case is so high profile that I imagine he'll be kept separate from the other prisoners, ala Charles Manson, as one example.
Of course, that's one method of saving taxpayer money. Let him run with the other prisoners.....he'll get the same thing that was done to Dahmer.
There are unsolved crimes against EVERYONE that the national press ignores. And quite frankly, I think it's oftentimes better if they do ignore these cases while they are ongoing. When the press gets involved it often becomes a damn freakshow soap opera and, like we saw with OJ, a guilty person goes scot-free. Of course, if Vincent Bugliosi had been the prosecutor on OJ's case, he'd be on death row right now. But at least that idiot Marcia Clark got rich off of the case, along with many others.....but I digress.
T.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.