Ripped with HiiT December

ElaineP

Cathlete
I haven't done a checkin in quite sometime.
I am doing the get started rotation. Today is my first day.
Today was Lift it Hitt it legs. It took me 46 min. It was my first time doing it I had to pause a few times to get my weights.I matched cathe for all the weighted exercises. I did use my rebounder for some of the higher impact cardio.This workout went by so fast. My legs where wobbly at the end.
What did you do today?

Hello! I want to join the check in since today was my first day of RwH, too. I did HIIT Upper Body Circuit + Abs #1 and when I get home from work, my doubles workout will be Plyo HIIT #1. I loved Upper Body Circuit! I used the same weights as Cathe, but put up arrows next to about half on the workout cards to go heavier the next time I do the workout. Still got a great workout tho.

My rotation isn't set in stone right now. I plan to do only RwH this week and next week, but then following next two weeks I will use RwH for the core program but add in other things as well. But we'll see! I might change my mind after I work my way through all of the workouts.

I started my second week of the getting started rotation. I do the workouts but not always on the same days. Today I did RWH low impact extreme combining #2 & #1. Great leg and core workout. Yesterday was RWH upper body circuit, another awesome workout. My lower body also got a great workout during that routine. I may take tomorrow off, but Wed. will be RWH lower body circuit, which I have not done before.

Hi ladies,
I started RwH yesterday. I decided to start with the 2-Month Entirely RwH rotation. The 5-day per week for the 1st month leaves a day open for an optional workout or for an extra busy week. I'm working towards improving endurance/cardio/lower body and this rotation looks like it progresses towards that, I think.

Yesterday I did Plyo HiiT 1 with Abs 2. Tough but short. I couldn't always keep up but that's ok, I'm hoping to make progress with this rotation as I start doing plyo workouts again. (I tore my Achilles tendon in June and still working on strength in my right ankle, such a slow process!)

This morning I did Back, Bi's and Shoulders. I pretty much matched Cathe's weights until biceps. Oh my! the bicep section was so hard! There were Barbell Crazy 8's for finishers twice! A few of the other finishers didn't do much for me. Next time I'll need to choke up more on the band or get a thicker one.

So far I really like the music (today's had somewhat a Celtic feel to it) and I love the fact that Cathe and crew are all really pushing it.

Hi ladies I wanted to start today! However I got a stomach flu Saturday night! All the way till now I am not doing any awful bathroom runs today but I am so weak so I can't do anything till tomorrow. Only workout I've done since getting them is legs and I tried to match Cathe but couldn't buy I was close and couldn't walk for a while! But anyway I think when I get back into it I am going to pick up with workout two in beginning rotation so I can get to try more out. This stomach virus has made me hurt all over that even moving my skin hurts. Hope this one more day rest I'll be ready to do low impact one tomorrow!

I started the Getting Started rotation on Sunday but changed the order of the workouts just slightly. Yesterday was Back, Biceps and Shoulders. Today was Low Impact HiiT and Bonus Abs 2. Loved the heavy lifting! With Low Impact, I was too worried in the beginning about the mat so I don't think I got the most out of it until the mat work was done. At the end though, I had a good sweat on. Next time, i'll follow along without the mat. Bonus Abs 2 was good except the snow angels. Very wobbly...I blame it on my super long arms and legs!

I started the Getting Started rotation on Sunday but changed the order of the workouts just slightly. Yesterday was Back, Biceps and Shoulders. Today was Low Impact HiiT and Bonus Abs 2. Loved the heavy lifting! With Low Impact, I was too worried in the beginning about the mat so I don't think I got the most out of it until the mat work was done. At the end though, I had a good sweat on. Next time, i'll follow along without the mat. Bonus Abs 2 was good except the snow angels. Very wobbly...I blame it on my super long arms and legs!
I didn't use the mat, I put down quarters in the shape of my mat. I'm on carpet so I was afraid of tripping on it. The quarters worked great because if I stepped on them, it was not big deal, they just pushed into the carpet, but they gave me the size I need to use to step over. (hope that makes sense)

Im on my second week of the Getting Started rotation. I had Upper Body yesterday. I really enjoyed it. I think I irritated my wrist last week doing the biceps portion of the workout so I was unable to do the last segment of the workout with the burpee jacks. I cant wait to get home and do tonights workout.

This morning was HIIT Lower Body Circuit. OMG. That workout was intense! I used the same weights as Cathe and only put one up arrow on my workout sheet! No down arrows tho. I can stick with her weights. That was a tough workout! I did Abs 1 again today. I really love that Abs workout! I have Abs 2 planned for the end of the week. Yesterday for my doubles workout I did Plyo HIIT #1--another OMG. Cathe has outdone herself with these workouts. They are incredibly intense! My doubles for today will be Low Impact HIIT 1 after work.

Firemedic--I actually had that problem with the mat in Plyo HIIT 1--my foot kept catching on it. Not sure what to do about that because it seemed pretty important to the workout.

Mary! So happy to see you're here! Looks like you are recovering really well!

Hope you're feeling better Renee!

I'm sorta doing the getting started rotation. This is my second week. Last night I did HIIt Upper Body Circuit. Went as heavy as possible. The workout was over before I knew it. Great upper body, but you get some legs in there as well. I agree, Cathe has outdone herself with these workouts. Can't wait for tomorrow's workout.

Just finished Plyo #2 and had to modify some moves and was unable to keep Cathe's speed on others if I wanted to keep good form. Also did Bonus abs #1. Tomorrow with be Lower body circuit then I've completed all the workouts, some twice now. Really enjoying this series and feel like I have a lot of energy. Been trying to keep a pretty clean diet, so that helps.

Jengollf, If you are on carpet, try putting down some sort of markers to match the size of your mat. I used quarters as stated before and had no problem, but knew exactly how wide to go on all the moves. Did the same for plyo #1 when Cathe pulls out mat. I'm trying to come up with a permanent solution like putting some sort of a outline on my workout room rug but I just don't know yet. I'll come up with something so I'll just use my quarters for now.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for letting me join in on this Check-in. Never done one before.

Kim

Hi Jen! :D

Renee, don't feel bad if you're not feeling up to Low Impact HiiT today. These workouts are feeling really intense to me, and I've only done 3 so far! I think Cathe is skimping on the rest periods and was doing her evil witch laugh as she was planning this whole set!!!

Catwoman, haha those snow angels were nearly impossible for me, I had to modify half-way through each side, and my limbs are short! :eek:

The other day when I did Plyo HiiT, I used a towel (on carpet) because I don't have a mat. That worked just fine for me, but I was all over that "mat". I should find a smaller towel. LOL

I did LIHI Legs this morning. Wow! I love the concept of Contrast Training, but those cardio segments were killing me. I'm definitely up for the challenge of achieving 100% on this workout by the end of this rotation. About halfway through the workout I was thinking I'd take that rest day tomorrow, but now I'm thinking I'd like to try one of the Circuit workouts instead (maybe there's a shorter premix?), since it's not scheduled in the first month of my chosen rotation. We'll see. I'm hoping the premixes for each workout will be listed in the User's Guide eventually. I'm feeling giddy about this set. Only Cathe can do that to me. :D

Hi everyone! Man these workouts sound so fun! I want to do them so bad! I am still weak but not like I was. I need to move around more. I didn't go to work Monday or today.
I'm still concerned with my belly even before I had the virus for about week and a half it made sounds and felt bloated and still feels that way. Strange. I am not doing "bathroom max" but my belly is tender and bloated but I can eat. I eat it stays down but it feels like I ate to much!
I am going to try to do the workout somehow. I will get back and let you all know how it goes. I love reading all of your workouts for the day!

Hi everyone. I started the RWH last week so I am on week 2. I am loving these new workouts. Sorry for the short email. Will write more, just wanted to jump into the check-in.

Murphy

Oh. My. Gosh. Did Chest, Triceps & Shoulders today. First, I have to say hats off to anyone who can do those first 15 pushups on your toes right after those chest presses. I squeaked out about 3 or 4 but then had to go to my knees for fear of face-planting onto the floor. Also, those decline pushups were a no-go. I ended up on my knees on a sort of incline. It probably wasn't pretty, but I made it through. I will say my back and biceps were still a bit sore so maybe that cut into my abilities for this workout. Loving these workouts so far! Tomorrow is Plyo HiiT 1. I did a pretest on the one-armed burpees...was able to do them but mine will be at a much slower pace than Cathe and crew. Oh well, always good to have goals!

Here's my main problem with the mat...my workout space is longer than it is wide. So, with the mat laid out the only way it will fit in the space, I have to turn my head to the side to look at the tv to see what Cathe's doing and try to follow along at the same time. Talk about stumbling and bumbling! I'll just have to shorten the moves a little but add more intensity so I don't feel like I'm cheating.

Good morning! This morning I did Back, Shoulders and Biceps and I loved it! These workouts are truly amazing! Yesterday for my doubles workout I did Low Impact HIIT #1--not what I expected for some reason. I did like it and I was looking forward to something low impact after doing HIIT Upper Body Circuit and Plyo HIIT #1 on Monday and HIIT Lower Body Circuit yesterday morning. I really felt I needed a break from all the plyometrics. And Low Impact HIIT gave me that break. But it was not as intense as I expected. It was intense--just not HIIT level. I was expecting something along the lines of Afterburn or Xtrains All Out. Nevertheless, I found it fun and a great workout. It is perfect in this rotation as a recovery from some of the others! Today's planned doubles after work is Plyo HIIT #2. After doing Plyo HIIT #1, I am a little nervous!

Catwoman, I've been hearing about how hard Chest, Triceps and Shoulders is and I am nervous about that too! I have that one scheduled for Friday.

Mary--there is more of the HIITs in Lift It Legs? After doing Back, Shoulders and Bis this morning I thought the Lift It workouts would give me a break from all the explosive plyo moves. I guess I'll find out tomorrow! Lift It Legs is tomorrows workout!

I am loving these new workouts. Very challenging workouts that I can feel working! Plus they're (for the most part) fun! On Friday I will have done them all once, which will help me put together the rest of my rotation. I do have Christmas weeks already planned out, but that will be a busy week with family staying at the house--so only one morning workout a day for that week. I think I will try some of the extreme premixes that week. But we'll see. The workouts seem pretty extreme on their own!

Last edited:
I thought I'd join in this thread too. It's one of the first I've entered on this website although I read it regularly. I've been doing Cathe's workouts for about 4 years, but have worked out almost every day for the past 30 years. I found Cathe by accident and have been nearly exclusive ever since. It's hard to find workouts for home that are challenging and keep improving my fitness level.
I am LOVING this new series. The workouts are hard, and the premixes let me make them as hard and long as I can stand. The Back, Shoulders, Biceps really did a number on my upper back. I was sore for days which isn't common for me. I love the idea that I am working in new ways to gain strength.
I'm having a vein in my leg worked on next week and I'll have to pause my workouts for a while so I'm trying to get as much in beforehand as I can.
Today I'm doing LIHI Legs and after watching the preview and reading the comments, I'm a little nervous. Looking forward to a great workout.

Oh. My. Gosh. Did Chest, Triceps & Shoulders today. First, I have to say hats off to anyone who can do those first 15 pushups on your toes right after those chest presses. I squeaked out about 3 or 4 but then had to go to my knees for fear of face-planting onto the floor. Also, those decline pushups were a no-go. I ended up on my knees on a sort of incline. It probably wasn't pretty, but I made it through. I will say my back and biceps were still a bit sore so maybe that cut into my abilities for this workout. Loving these workouts so far! Tomorrow is Plyo HiiT 1. I did a pretest on the one-armed burpees...was able to do them but mine will be at a much slower pace than Cathe and crew. Oh well, always good to have goals!

Here's my main problem with the mat...my workout space is longer than it is wide. So, with the mat laid out the only way it will fit in the space, I have to turn my head to the side to look at the tv to see what Cathe's doing and try to follow along at the same time. Talk about stumbling and bumbling! I'll just have to shorten the moves a little but add more intensity so I don't feel like I'm cheating.
When I did this last week, I only did 5 push ups on my toes then went to my knees. Was also on my knees for decline pushups. I will be going a little heavier with the chest presses next time but all the other weight I selected was perfect. Loved this workout and all the other ones.

Jen, I've previewed LIHI Legs and yes, it has HiiT in it. It's like XTrain's Cardio Leg Blast, but there is no step and the HiiT intervals are similar to the weight work you just did. For example, you do squats with weights and then squat digs, stationary lunge with weights and then jump lunges, etc. I've got it scheduled for tomorrow and I can't wait. I love CLB and this looks even more challenging!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.