Ripped w/ HiiT... not hard enough ;(

MeghanK

I just got the DVD set last week and I don't think it's hard... I think the X-train Series is much more challenging... anyone else?
I did both Plyo Workouts AFTER an hour intervals on an elliptical and an hour on the Stairclimber at a level 20, IMAX Blasts Only, and Tabatacise....they were basically my cooldown...
Then did the Lift Legs AFTER a 2 hour bike interval, 1 hour Xtreme Cardio Kettlebell workout....
Then today did the Upper Body Hiit (using heavier weights) AFTER an hour run, hour Stairclimber, Paul Katami's Build & Burn 65 minutes...
I am NOT saying this stuff to brag...I just expected it to be more challenging after some of the reviews...
I also got BodyMax2...hoping it's a little more challenging...is it harder than IMAX 3 Blasts only?

Say what? You did approximately 3 hours of interval training today? And then all that other stuff too?

As a personal trainer with more than 15 years experience all I can say is ":eek:"

If you are really sustaining that level of training, then nothing Cathe has will challenge you.

Debbie Russo

Woman, you are hardcore!

I agree with the above poster's assessment: :eek:

Having said that, do you own a tightly fitting weighted vest (i.e., one that you can do plyo jacks in without it bouncing around and bothering you)? I think the 'fitness by Cathe' brand vest is no longer sold by Cathe, but I've often seen it on ebay. I believe it is 10 lbs. It would certainly make everything harder -- whether or not it would be challenging enough for you, I don't know. I haven't tried it. Perhaps another user can weigh in.

With respect to LIHI Legs and the HiiT circuit workouts, I know you said you used heavy weights, but can you safely go heavier? There is a point, with weighted exercises, where the weight will challenge you. That point's just different for everyone.
On the same note, if you can find a comfortable weighted vest with a sufficiently challenging weight, Cathe's cardio moves have the potential to become sufficiently punishing to suit your tastes and astronomical fitness level! ;)

Good luck on your quest,
Roz

ETA: Also, could you add more risers for the workouts that involve the step and/or weighted gloves? If IMAX 3 blasts only with 4-5 risers/side, a weighted vest, and weighted gloves doesn't get you satisfactorily winded, them I'm fresh outta ideas for you.

Last edited:
Now I'm REALLY curious....which bits of XTrain do you find harder?

(I also need to know if you've ever been seriously challenged, and by what - I may need to know to avoid that particular workout!)

Seriously, though...how about X10? For me it's the toughest Cathe. For some reason it tires me out quite quickly...like at the 40 minute mark, I'm getting pretty clumsy.

I've said it before......X10 (the X77 pre-mix)!!!!! Afterburn is a close second! I also suggest Athletic training, Cardio supersets, Intensity, To the Max and Crossfire. I also think Imax 3 is harder than Body Max 2 for cardio. BM2 is a mix of cardio and weights, the blasts are NOT as intense and its 1 1/2 hours long compared to 1 hour for any of the Imax wkouts.

I've said it before......X10 (the X77 pre-mix)!!!!! Afterburn is a close second! I also suggest Athletic training, Cardio supersets, Intensity, To the Max and Crossfire. I also think Imax 3 is harder than Body Max 2 for cardio. BM2 is a mix of cardio and weights, the blasts are NOT as intense and its 1 1/2 hours long compared to 1 hour for any of the Imax wkouts.
Agreed on quote above.
Also Body max1 is also solid hard step. Adding risers would cook legs really good.

Are you truly challenging yourself and going heavy enough with a weight that is exhausting the muscles? Sometimes I find the weight Cathe uses to be too light so I have to go a little heavier to get a really effective workout. I know Cathe manged to film multiple workouts back to back while teaching several classes a day so she probably went lighter then what she is truly capable of in the videos. With her chiseled physique though I'm sure she's doing heavy weight work in her spare time. If you are truly pushing yourself with the weights and taking minimal breaks then there probably isn't anything on the home video market that is really going to challenge you.

Are you truly challenging yourself and going heavy enough with a weight that is exhausting the muscles? Sometimes I find the weight Cathe uses to be too light so I have to go a little heavier to get a really effective workout. I know Cathe manged to film multiple workouts back to back while teaching several classes a day so she probably went lighter then what she is truly capable of in the videos. With her chiseled physique though I'm sure she's doing heavy weight work in her spare time. If you are truly pushing yourself with the weights and taking minimal breaks then there probably isn't anything on the home video market that is really going to challenge you.

Could not agree more with fellow account professional:cool::cool:,

In other word, What make the challenge is the intensity. Now how do you make any workout intense?

• increase the volume, by increasing reps or weight load.
  • Minimising the rest time---Very important.
  • The use of equipment add the intensity too. for example a biceps curl on a normal
Barbell feels different compared to performing using a ez-curl:cool::), making sure not to pause and decrease the weight load lol.
Example two, performing a plyo on less risers one instead of two or three make a difference.
This mean the heart rate can be on aerobic or anaerobic zone ending up working different muscle fibers;);)

• Variation of the exercise itself can also increase the intensity. if the program require a normal push up,
you can perform a staggered push up without cathe ask to do so! just saying.
Even better perform a push up staggering on a medicine ball:eek:
:eek:

I note from the original poster that her age on the profile page is 33. Hope you do not injured or suffer burn out. Add 20+ years if you are still able to do Cathe as is you have trained smart. Good luck and be respectful to the physical body.

Could not agree more with fellow account professional:cool::cool:,

In other word, What make the challenge is the intensity. Now how do you make any workout intense?

• increase the volume, by increasing reps or weight load.
  • Minimising the rest time---Very important.
  • The use of equipment add the intensity too. for example a biceps curl on a normal
Barbell feels different compared to performing using a ez-curl:cool::), making sure not to pause and decrease the weight load lol.
Example two, performing a plyo on less risers one instead of two or three make a difference.
This mean the heart rate can be on aerobic or anaerobic zone ending up working different muscle fibers;);)

• Variation of the exercise itself can also increase the intensity. if the program require a normal push up,
you can perform a staggered push up without cathe ask to do so! just saying.
Even better perform a push up staggering on a medicine ball:eek:
:eek:

I totally agree. There are a lot of things you can do to increase the intensity of a workout. A couple of days I ago I did STS legs Meso 2. In another thread I was reading that some people were becoming impatient with the rest times and were jogging in place and doing pushups and what not just to pass the time. I'm like really? Are people truly going heavy enough to bring the intensity factor that the workout was actually designed for? I know for me personally after each leg tri-set I was sucking wind and literally craving the break times between sets.

Are people truly going heavy enough to bring the intensity factor that the workout was actually designed for?

STS is an overloading program aiming to get stronger.
shying away from overload which reflect in boredom between set is a sign, IMO,
the purpose of the program is not being met.

I know for me personally after each leg tri-set I was sucking wind and literally craving the break times between sets.

Same for me:):)...Time goes so quickly during tri-set. I push the load to get a perfect ratio weight/rest time.
Same during meso 3, I just select the load which makes me winded.

Now for those who are getting "bored" during meso3 how about decreasing the rep while increasing the load:p:p
95% one rep or 6-4 reps...crazy hein:eek:
:D

No offense here, but who in the world has that much time to workout? I get up early, before my husband does and before I go to work, but I have about an hour to put into my daily workouts...and I work at home....so I make the most of that time. Even when I get off work, I"m still at home, but I have other things to do besides workout again. The more I've worked out, the more I believe in quality over quantity. You can spend 3 hours working out, but are you really challenging yourself? I'm just finishing up Insanity: The Asylum and some of those workouts are only 45 min long, but at the end, there's no way I could do or would want to do another workout! Shaun T makes 45 min seem like an eternity!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.