Reviews for Body Parts in STS2.0?

Cathe said, I thought, to go lighter with Gorilla Rows, but I wished I hadn't
I agree, I went lighter with these but afterwards thought I could have gone heavier. I'm doing back and biceps again today, my own shortened mix that I made in the workout manager based on the premix and substituting in some of the bonus exercises. It works out to around 25 minutes of each body part.

Just finished Chest, and right now my chest feels like I'm walking around like a puffed-up body builder. :p

This was definitely challenging with the right weights. I hit failure several times through. I was even yelling out final rep counts while trying to get through some of them. ("Ssssssssssiiiiiixxxx!!!!") That combo incline press to close-grip had me actually losing it and laughing my butt off by my last failed rep.

I did the bonuses, too. Again, failure on the drop sets. The flys with hip raises were intense. And that final chest press with the hips raised? I don't know HOW Cathe was able to do that with 30# weights! I barely managed it with 17.5# weights. (Maybe she was technically "fresh" when they filmed those bonus exercises...)

I am definitely going to feel this tomorrow... and probably for the next three or four days.

Just finished Chest, and right now my chest feels like I'm walking around like a puffed-up body builder. :p

This was definitely challenging with the right weights. I hit failure several times through. I was even yelling out final rep counts while trying to get through some of them. ("Ssssssssssiiiiiixxxx!!!!") That combo incline press to close-grip had me actually losing it and laughing my butt off by my last failed rep.

I did the bonuses, too. Again, failure on the drop sets. The flys with hip raises were intense. And that final chest press with the hips raised? I don't know HOW Cathe was able to do that with 30# weights! I barely managed it with 17.5# weights. (Maybe she was technically "fresh" when they filmed those bonus exercises...)

I am definitely going to feel this tomorrow... and probably for the next three or four days.
Thanks for the review ... I've been privately dreading the Chest workout ... saving it for last :rolleyes: ... I think I'll plan to go a little lighter :p

Thanks for the review ... I've been privately dreading the Chest workout ... saving it for last :rolleyes: ... I think I'll plan to go a little lighter :p
I’m dreading triceps since that’s usually my least favorite-I hope there’s no overhead triceps extension using a band/that always feels awkward to me-either I pull my hair or I fear that I’ll rip my ear off or the band will snap in half and ricochet somewhere

I’m dreading triceps since that’s usually my least favorite-I hope there’s no overhead triceps extension using a band/that always feels awkward to me-either I pull my hair or I fear that I’ll rip my ear off or the band will snap in half and ricochet somewhere
There is ... however there are options to use dumbells or the band with a door/wall anchor. I used the wall anchor - my hair didn't get caught like it usually does with the foot on it ...

Your post made me lol :D ... it's startling when a band or tube breaks/snaps when you're using it .... In Back Parts there's the band work using the green and back bands on the top anchor while sitting on the floor to do pulls .. I'm afraid of letting go as I can't reach high enough to the lax part of the bands to prevent the snap back ... I have to scramble to my knees while holding the bands.. that's a whole other exercise:D

There is ... however there are options to use dumbells or the band with a door/wall anchor. I used the wall anchor - my hair didn't get caught like it usually does with the foot on it ...

Your post made me lol :D ... it's startling when a band or tube breaks/snaps when you're using it .... In Back Parts there's the band work using the green and back bands on the top anchor while sitting on the floor to do pulls .. I'm afraid of letting go as I can't reach high enough to the lax part of the bands to prevent the snap back ... I have to scramble to my knees while holding the bands.. that's a whole other exercise:D
I usually always use a weight instead /I once had a band snap and it was scary /I was so happy that concentration curls didn’t show up in the biceps workout because I really dislike that one too!I love Cathe’s shoulder workouts on all her DVDs and I love in this one for the Y press when she said ,”y,because I said so”!!I do the seated Y press since I don’t have the wall hooks

The one band that will never snap are the black bands that came with the Michelle Dozois peak fit set-they don’t even move-I returned my first band thinking it was defective as it was impossible to pull on but the second one was the same way-the ones she uses in the workouts must have been broken in for years since mine just wouldn’t budge

Overhead triceps extension with a band feels awkward to me too. I always substitute dumbbells.

Did my back and biceps workout yesterday and went to my normal one arm row weight for the gorilla rows which was about the right weight. Also used my weight-lifting hooks for pull ups and the pendlay rows and shrugs. They certainly helped with the shrugs and pull ups; the rows were just as tough though. With pull ups my hands usually start to hurt after about 2 or 3 and I really struggle to do 8. With the hooks I got to 6 before I started feeling any discomfort in my hands. I need to play around with the workout though, so I am doing exercises where I use the hooks back-to-back. At the moment I do pullovers on the step after pull ups and then do the rows/shrugs after that and it is a nuisance putting on and taking off the hooks.

Did my back and biceps workout yesterday and went to my normal one arm row weight for the gorilla rows which was about the right weight.....
Thanks for the tip ... I plan to use my regular weight too (& decrease my step height by one riser - looks like Cathe lowered hers too but I didn't hear her say they did).
...Also used my weight-lifting hooks for pull ups and the pendlay rows and shrugs. They certainly helped and it is a nuisance putting on and taking off the hooks.
They are a nuisance getting on and off. I left them on the first day using them but they're also a nuisance flapping around. I have noticed the band is getting a little less stiff and that is helping with the on/off.

I usually always use a weight instead /I once had a band snap and it was scary /I was so happy that concentration curls didn’t show up in the biceps workout because I really dislike that one too!I love Cathe’s shoulder workouts on all her DVDs and I love in this one for the Y press when she said ,”y,because I said so”!!I do the seated Y press since I don’t have the wall hooks
I kind of missed not having concentration curls ... I found could go quite heavy in Meso3's - made me feel strong . .. I usually struggle with 15's .... compared to Cathe's weights, that's kinda lite .... room for improvements I guess :)

I need to play around with the workout though, so I am doing exercises where I use the hooks back-to-back
That’s what I did too….making sure I have them (vertical pull-ups/vertical chin-ups) back to back. Also had to insert rest before & after to allow time to get on & off.

I leave mine thru the buckle and put my wrist thru it that way & just tighten. Makes it a
tad easier & quicker.

I kind of missed not having concentration curls ... I found could go quite heavy in Meso3's - made me feel strong . .. I usually struggle with 15's .... compared to Cathe's weights, that's kinda lite .... room for improvements I guess :)
I can only go up to 12s with concentration curls. I find I reach failure very suddenly with concentration curls. Whereas other exercises there is a buildup to failure, with these I'm going OK for several reps and then I suddenly can't complete the next rep. It's the only exercise where I experience this.

I leave mine thru the buckle and put my wrist thru it that way & just tighten. Makes it a
tad easier & quicker.
I do that too, but I have to loosen the strap to get my hand through and occasionally it comes out of the buckle.

I can only go up to 12s with concentration curls. I find I reach failure very suddenly with concentration curls. Whereas other exercises there is a buildup to failure, with these I'm going OK for several reps and then I suddenly can't complete the next rep. It's the only exercise where I experience this ....
Oh my gosh, there's an older Cathe workout, a total body I think, where Cathe adds partial reps in a loooonngg concentration curls set, then adds on bonuses ... I always go to failure and have to assist with my other hand, and then Cathe starts giggling ... whoowee...it's really hard ...

Oh my gosh, there's an older Cathe workout, a total body I think, where Cathe adds partial reps in a loooonngg concentration curls set, then adds on bonuses ... I always go to failure and have to assist with my other hand, and then Cathe starts giggling ... whoowee...it's really hard ...
I remember that one-it was brutal-don’t remember which DVD it was on because it’s probablly in my Sons closet which has become my holding cell for my least loved DVDS now that he’s moved out of State

Heaven forbid they get busted out or put on parole :p

I'm thinking it may be BodyBlast's Supersets that has the killer concentration curls...:)
I think you’re right!Think it’s that one!I used to put my least loved DVDs at back of the DVD cabinet but then I’d accidentally reach for one/like the Jari Love one that ruined my whole workout the other day

Procrastination is over ... Chest is done! I did not do the bonus cuz I felt I had done enuf bench presses & flys for the day :rolleyes:. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated... I only went a little lighter by using 20s# but had the 15s with plate weights out just-in-case. I'm thinking I can try a little heavier next time but there were a lot of presses, so not too much more. I noticed the sound and Cathe's lips were out of sync... tried a different player ... same issue. Will report on the "hiccup" postings.

Did Biceps with Bonus today. I stayed somewhat conservative with my selections and glad I did! My biceps and forearms are feeling pretty worked right now. The drop sets in the bonus were once again brutal. Going to have to start off lighter next time around, 'cause I could barely squeak out four reps with my mid-range weight selection.

Have to say I'm happy to see wrist curls in a workout. They don't appear very often in Cathe's workouts. I think they're pretty necessary for grip strength and then just all-around daily functionality for us desk job people, typing and clicking all day.

Did anyone notice that the Users Guide lists something called "BARBELL CURL PAUSE REPS" at the end of the bonus section but the exercise never appears in the workout? Maybe it got forgotten, or maybe it's hiding in the chapters. I noted the discrepancy in another thread about the user's guide for BP Biceps already started.

Did anyone notice that the Users Guide lists something called "BARBELL CURL PAUSE REPS" at the end of the bonus section but the exercise never appears in the workout?
Yes, that's an error in the guide on the biceps bonus exercises, but the Barbell Curl Pause
Reps exercise is in the main Biceps workout, like about the 3 or 4th exercise in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.