Rev'd Up Rumble

xschwarz

Cathlete
I have to say RUR did not disappoint. In fact, it was very reminiscent of one of my all time favorites, Kick Punch and Crunch. Although I get impatient with extended warm ups and slower tempo reviews of all the punching/kick combos, I didn't mind this warm up. But the guts of the work out was excellent. The format is a punching combo followed by cardio segment, BUT the cardio segments are very kickbox oriented and fun. Cathe's punching combos are choreographed in the classic style, building punching moves and adding kicking moves to combine really challenging and FUN sets. I followed the workout with the 6 Pack #2 and I feel great today (excellent calorie burn). RUR is my kind of Cathe kickbox workout! Bravo!

I have to say RUR did not disappoint. In fact, it was very reminiscent of one of my all time favorites, Kick Punch and Crunch. Although I get impatient with extended warm ups and slower tempo reviews of all the punching/kick combos, I didn't mind this warm up. But the guts of the work out was excellent. The format is a punching combo followed by cardio segment, BUT the cardio segments are very kickbox oriented and fun. Cathe's punching combos are choreographed in the classic style, building punching moves and adding kicking moves to combine really challenging and FUN sets. I followed the workout with the 6 Pack #2 and I feel great today (excellent calorie burn). RUR is my kind of Cathe kickbox workout! Bravo!
I’m not good at those combos, how hard is it going to be to
learn?

Hi love_running ,
I'm not sure of your kickboxing experience, but Cathe cues perfectly, executes her punches, with spot on form, and puts together combos so they flow very nice.
And gives just the right amount of practice before putting it all together, if you don't get it all the first time through no worries, you will get it :)
If you need more practice putting punches and kicks together, not sure if you have these but the MMA kickboxing , boxing, and fusion, are awesome!
I find MMA Fusion the harder of the three
Hope this helps you
Brigitte

I did this one today with add-ons: Calorie Crusher and Extended Stretch. I loved the workout itself, which flew by. There is less practice on the combos in this one I think, compared to her other kickboxing workouts; but I like this better--it just means there is a little learning curve before it becomes automatic. The calorie crusher on this one is too high impact for me, so I had to modify all of it, and I hate burpees. The extended stretch has all of Cathe's familiar moves, just extended or repeated. E.g., several downward dogs to straight arm planks to child's pose or back arches. Nice!

I just did my own little mix of this one, warmup, 1 combo and cd/stretch. Loved it.
Just my speed! A good workout for the "senior" mind as well, all I can tell ya' is
"Jab,cross,upper,body strike, elbow, up strike, back knee, front kick, double back
Set! :):). It's like when you hear a song on the radio and keep humming it:)

I wasn't sure about this one at first because I felt it was a little slower pace than I'm used to & I wasn't out of breath, but then once it got into the combos I was liking it more. It's more of a personal preference thing for me, I prefer more kicking and combos than I do punching so I think that's why I wasn't feeling it at first. I fast forward through the few things I wasn't crazy about which literally was only a total of 3 minutes worth so I'm not saying I didn't like the workout at all. I should mention that I have been in martial arts for 30 years so I am already conditioned for this type of workout & I love all of Cathe's KB workouts-they always do me in;) I don't want it to sound like I don't like this one because I do & I was really happy that there is more kicking in this one! The new combos took me a couple tries to get, but once it "kicked" in I was loving them! The combos were so much fun; my favorite was combo 2 (I think my favorite from all Cathe's KB combos ever) and then the last few cardio exercises after that-now that's my jam! Next time, I will add on the cardio crush to up the intensity for me. Another winner for all fitness levels!

Just did this one and have to say I like it a lot, but I love a few of Cathe's other Kickbox dvds. However, just coming off of not feeling well for a about 10 days, I did get a great sweat going and my heart rate did get up there. I didn't do the Calorie Crush but did the Abs #1. I thought it was a good workout but I can see where I can "beef it up" if I wanted to. I never have issues with not getting combos or anything but it seemed that on a few, my feet seemed to not want to do the right thing. Once again, I don't know if it's me but it's still a good workout and will be trying it again. So far, not disappointed in these at all.:p

I liked the music on this one too. I got a little tangled up on some of the combos (especially the legs), but that's typical for me...give me step choreography and I'm in heaven, but give me a KB combo and I'll need a little while to figure it out.

But I can tell I'll get this one soon enough. I liked the low impact nature of the workout...but my calves were screaming afterwards!!

I liked the music on this one too. I got a little tangled up on some of the combos (especially the legs), but that's typical for me...give me step choreography and I'm in heaven, but give me a KB combo and I'll need a little while to figure it out.

But I can tell I'll get this one soon enough. I liked the low impact nature of the workout...but my calves were screaming afterwards!!

It's so awesome when you figure out the KB combo's. For me it a great sense of accomplishment.

I just did my own little mix of this one, warmup, 1 combo and cd/stretch. Loved it.
Just my speed! A good workout for the "senior" mind as well, all I can tell ya' is
"Jab,cross,upper,body strike, elbow, up strike, back knee, front kick, double back
Set! :):). It's like when you hear a song on the radio and keep humming it:)

Aqua girl, I chuckled as I read your post. Your "senior" mind is anything BUT senior if you can remember that snazzy combo!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.