Pumpkin Lovers (Sinful Dessert Inside)

Boingo1

Cathlete
I remember there being a few pumpkin lovers here!

A friend shared this recipe with me... and I think this is going to be MY indulgence for Thanksgiving!

Pumpkin Crisp

1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 package butter-recipe yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
2 sticks butter, melted

Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture; sprinkle evenly with pecans. Drizzle butter evenly over pecans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Watch after 45 minutes, I had to cover it with foil to keep from browning too much. Remove from oven & let stand 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream, if desired.
IF there are leftovers, refrigerate. Put a slice in the microwave for 20 seconds & you'll think you just made it.

I will not read this recipe, I will not read this recipe, I will NOT read this recipe.............
Oh crap, I'm going to get the ingredients now. I'm like a dog waiting for a bone, saliva running down my face..... Be back from store soon.
ellie

oh my

I'm going to substitute some sweet potato for the pumpkin and up the spice. I better not make this while I'm alone or else all the work I've done with Cathe will be for nothing.:D

I got this same recipe from my MIL and my DD wanted it for her bday. It is DELISH. I called my MIL and said, "Really, 1 whole C of butter???:confused::confused:?" But is sure is good!

I ate a PAN of this--by myself--when I was pregnant. (Disgusting, I know...and I wonder why I gained 50 lbs when pregnant?) But this is AWESOME, folks! Great with coffee, too!

Oh crap. I was looking for a good dessert to make for Thursday and now I've found it! I adore pumpkin and cannot imagine how good this will be. Who wrote they ate the whole pan? Yeah, I could do that without pregnancy as an excuse! (Um, but I gained 70ish pounds while pregnant, so I clearly ate SOMETHING.)

Now I'm babbling- I think I'm giddy with anticipation of eating this dessert.

I make this, it is yummy!! Its known as Pumpkin Pie Cake around these parts. Quick, and tasty good. Its a fave of DH.

Nan

I think I gained two pounds just reading the recipe! I guess it could be a low-calorie recipe if you divide it between say, 50 people.

I just printed it. It looks wonderful! Thanks (I think).

Diane

I just can't bring myself to put 1 cup of butter in anything. But this recipe sure looks good. I love anything with pumpkin in it!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing! I'll be making this to take to my mom's for Thanksgiving! Looks delicious (and easy which is another thing I love:) Gotta go to the store now:)

Jacque

Mine is in the oven right now! I KNOW it's good because I licked every spoon and bowl I used! :p

Thanks for posting this!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.