PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION - Fab in Feb

After procrastinating all day, I finally did SuperCuts.

Some observations I made today. I worked out 22 days in January, didnt change my diet at all and though my weight stayed the same I was definitely losing body fat, getting less jiggly and getting stronger. After 1 week of not doing anything and probably eating slightly more than usual, I feel sluggish, and the jiggle is back in full force. Not shocking, but I was really hoping that eating too much and not working out would make me look like Jennifer Aniston by the end of the week, no such luck.

i was hoping you'd get your workout in!

my arms are sore from yesterday! I'm thinking I'll see how my Achilles fares with some yoga in the morning. Going to be a patience testing day at work tomorrow so a good start to the day is important :)

Peng how are yooouuuuuuu?

I decided to do Core Max #1 this morning as I hung out in bed a little longer than i should have...so hard to get up! I hadn't done CM before, glad I did.
planks at the end bugged my Achilles, had to go to knees but that's not a big deal. Pretty sure I would have had to anyway :)

Happy Wednesday!

Work sent Hubby to Des Moines today. So we celebrated Valentines last night. We also had to put off the celebration of my Dad's Bday on Sat. I don't know how work always knows which week to send him out of town to ruin all of our plans!:p

I hope to get on the treadmill today.

Stacy, I hopped on the scale for the first time since I got sick, I expected a higher number but I wasn't happy with what I got. Since today is the beginning of Lent, I"m trying to get myself in gear and cut back on the extra snacking and get back into exercise.

Andrea, hope you ankle is doing better today.

You'd think I hadnt worked out in 6 months instead of about 10 days!! I'm pretty sore! I still would like to do an upper body split today just to try to get back into the workout groove. But, I'm tired and hungry so any workout is going to be after dinner...it will have to be what I call a "Nike" workout aka "Just Do It".

Just got home and its a beautiful day, going to take monsters for a short walk.

Peng I guess you get to spend Valentines day with us! :-*

love you all! hope you had a great day. wore some inserts in my shoes all day and feet/tendons felt pretty good at end of the day. Hoping to be back in the swing sooooon!

Major flab food funk. I do see an end in sight soon, just sluggish out of the re-starting gate. Planning to regroup on Saturday.

me too. dinner was pizza rolls, a bertolli frozen dinner, a beer, and some sea salt chocolate caramels. Girls weekend with mom this coming weekend...then i get serious.

Yesterday I was able to go to my regular Bible study class, I haven't been to that since around Thanksgiving because of the shortage in help in the Children's Dept. My parents took me to Chili's for lunch and I had the new Taco Pizza which was really good. I traded a piece for two of my Dad's nachos which were really good also.

One of my Knit Night friends came to my house for a few hours last night instead of us going to Panera's, which was still fun. I ended up cleaning yesterday so I have less to do today! yay.

I woke up last night with a HUGE cramp in my right calf, which still hurts, so I'm a little mad about THAT! then when I woke up my back on the opposite side hurts also! what's going on here!? I feel like I"m falling apart.

Good news is Hubby comes home tomorrow!

Hadnt been able to post, kept getting a "database" error everytime I tried to get on the forums yesterday. Had nothing exciting to post anyways. Got on the scale to see the damage, and hopped right off in dismay, but not in surprise. I've got XTrain Low Impact HiiT and abs on tap today. I'll be skipping the last 5 minute using the disc as I really dont enjoy disc work, maybe it's my knee or maybe just my disc and berber carpet arent too compatible. Trying to my best to start eating better as of today however my parents are coming to visit and want to take us out to dinner to one those Japanese Steak Houses, never seem to be anything low fat on those menus, and with my IBS I cant even eat a salad. I hinted at going someplace else but my mom really wants to take me there. So this really turns out being a dinner for my mom. I love her dearly but she's a bit passive aggressive and I've learned just to along with what she wants in most cases, makes life a bit easier on all of us!

Peng or Andrea do you the Low Impact HiiT workout? If not, I highly recommend it!

Peng, how are you hubby's goals coming along?

Andrea, I had to chuckle at your "awesome" dinner you posted about. I swear we're twins.

I'm having some blood work done soon, had some done a few months ago and was pretty much normal, but I cant seem to figure out where these 15 lbs have come from. Now granted my diet isnt stellar but it hasnt been 15 lbs bad. And, even when I workout regularly and eat cleanly, at best I seem to lose 2 lbs in 6 weeks. It gets so frustrating which is what leads to my backslides. Not trying to make excuses, but this peri-menopause stuff sucks. I've heard some ppl say that they had no problems during this time of their life with weight gain etc, but geez I definitely have. My abs have always been my best feature, not a 6 pack but a definite 4-pack and now I have a muffin top. WTH? Ok enough whining! Time to workout.....

Didnt feel much like working out today but did manage to do the Leg Cardio Express Premix from Athletic Training. Because it was only 34 minutes, I raised my step height from the 6 inches I usually use to 8 inches. Pretty good workout in a short amount of time.

Stacy, Everytime I've tried to get on CN for the past few days I've gotten an 'error:file not found' message. I finally thought to google CN to see if it was the link and apparently it was. Nice to be back. Weird! My periods have gotten lighter and lighter the past year and finally stopped two months ago. I gained about 15lbs also. I assumed it was my diet not my hormones! :p

Hubby and I had to get me a new phone, because the old one was dying. So I ended up with a smart phone based on I can change the size of the print which I couldn't do in other phones. I'm not thrilled about it, too much stuff I have to learn to use and too much stuff I'll never use, but it was $1 and only a few extra $$ a month for a new data plan. Now Hubby wants one of the new phones based on playing with mine! but he qualifies for the $1 upgrade also. :D

We went to my parents tonight to celebrate his Bday, which was nice we had salad, lasagna, and GiGi's cupcakes.

More tomorrow I have to go start laundry so he'll have something to wear to work.

hi ladies...
quick check in...ugh I am not looking forward to this whole menopause thing! in fact it is a word that i won't allow to enter my vocabulary :-(

nice weekend, Mom enjoyed the game and we beat Baylor by 20! had a great night sleeping, in fact didn't wake up until ten this morning. unheard of for me, but I had pulled the room darkening shades in the hotel room and didn't have any dogs waking me up. i seriously needed some sleep!

my heel is still barking at me, going to take it easy one more week. ugh. I did take the doggies for a two mile walk when I got home today, walking seems to not bother it much.

and yes Stacy, hearing you describe the history of your midsection, we are twins :)

Andrea...it's time we start lookin' like the 4-Pack Twins again!!

This morning I did Burn Set Ch/Ba/Sh + abs. I'm going out today to buy a set of heavier dumbells as I think pretty soon I'll be increasing my weight for chest presses and dumbell one-arm back rows. I also need another rack/tower to store my dumbells.

Peng, I keep thinking about buying a new phone b/c right now hubby and I arent even on the same provider, but I cant find one yet by Verizon that I like. I'm a physical keyboard girl, so not many options there. I may have to give that up and get used to the touch screen but they so far they annoy me.

Ok, gotta run some errands. BBL.

The smart phone is actually easier to use than I thought, I do have a problem with the touch screen and since I don't have depth perception I 'miss' a lot, but I guess that will improve with practice. I'll use other features like the mp3 player and camera. I had mentioned to my parents that I'd like a new camera for my Bday in April but the phone filled that niche!

Lazy morning. Since my schedule changed last week, I’ve changed most of my chores from Tuesday to Monday. So now Tuesday is like a bonus day. I’ve decided to make this my ‘random’ chore day, where I do things that aren’t really part of the schedule but still need to be done. Like straighten/cleaned out the linen closet. Doesn’t that sound like fun? But it needed to be done so I'm just glad its over. I used my HS as a footstool to get to the top shelf, then as a chair for the bottom shelves, so I guess its fitness related.:p Up and done, up and done.

Stacy, having tried to use Hubby's phone I thought the touch screen would drive me nuts but its pretty user friendly and much easier than I thought.

Last edited:
Peng, very innovative use of your HS ;)

Andrea, how's the heel?

Yesterday I tried to workout, but my stomach wasnt feeling well and I was just plain tired. I even got as far as to put my workout clothes on, goto my workout room and do 3-4 minutes of the warmup from Lower Body Blast, but it was a no-go.

I'm pretty disgusted with myself and my eating habits of late. I'm 1 lb shy of my highest weight EVER :(

I did go shopping yesterday and bought some healthy foods. I'm working late today but hope to get in Burn Sets Bi/Tri + abs when I get home. At least there's no jumping around in that one so still manageable after a long day on my feet!

I WILL eat clean today! Goal is still 15 lbs to lose. I sound like a broken record :(

morning! i just got done WORKING OUT! Stacy thanks for your advice a couple of weeks ago on the kickboxing. i saw there was a low impact, timesaver premix on kick max so i attempted that this morning and it didn't bother my heel AT ALL. I'm seriously happy. burned 370 calories too :)

haven't weighed myself in a month...ahem...

Peng my hubby uses my Fanny lifter from the firm all the time! he's tall but sometimes need the "top purple section" lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.