PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION - Fab in Feb

andreadaile

Cathlete
...well, on our way to being FAB. :)

Just pre-watched Athletic Step, looks like a fun one to do today, going to get on it here in a few minutes. Totally being lazy today, watching BBall and took the doggies for a nice long slow walk earlier. All was well until we were two houses from home and some dude was walking a huge black lab and pretty much all hell broke loose...if you were a big guy walking one dog and came upon a small woman walking two big doggies, maybe you could sort of give us a wide berth? Yeah, that would have been nice. Ding dong.

I'm feeling like last week was a bad dream. I seriously looked out my window this morning and realized there was snow on the ground...it snowed Tuesday, I had been too busy/tired/stressed to notice. GEEEEEEEEEZ.

Have a great day ladies!

Hey there! I was being lazy today too, finally got my butt in gear and did Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast + abs + 100 RC Calve Raises. I havent seen the scale budge too much one way or the other but my booty seems more toned and my biceps and triceps are getting hard! Trying not to let the scale dictate my progress but sure would be nice to see a smaller number after all my hard work in January! I worked out 22 days in January :)

Next week is my active recovery/crazy week at work week. I'm ready for an active recovery week, I really felt a sense of fatigue and a bit of lack of motivation for doing my workout this morning. Tomorrow is XTrain Bi/Tri and abs.

It snowed all day here, good day to stay in and be lazy.

Andrea...I here ya with the dude giving a wide berth for you and your doggies. People are clueless sometimes!

Peng, hope you find us here!

HEY GUESS WHAT!!!!!

Two words. Achilles Tendonitis.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm officially completely pissed off. I felt twinges of it the past week but ignored it, attemptping Athletic Step yesterday completely removed all doubt. I was in searing pain about 10 minutes in.

SIGH. Looks like upper body workouts and clean eating for me for a couple of weeks.

Andrea, well that sucks! I know it's better to rest it, etc, but maybe an ACE wrap and doing light cardio such as grounded kickboxing grounded punching and kicking drills? Turbo Barre but not going on your toes? If not, upper body and abs is better than nothing!

My body is really telling me I need some down time. I've been dragging for the past two days and actually sleeping more than usual. Today I want to finish out my planned workout and do Bi's and Tri's and abs. I think this is going to workout well, that is having an active recovery week the week I work weekends, that week is also crazier during the week as well. So that'll give me an active recovery week every 3-4 weeks. I'm hoping it'll keep me fresh and focused the weeks in btwn as well.

My entire lower body is so sore from Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast. The past 2 times I did 100 Calve Raises I really didnt feel much (the first time was on the ground, no weight, the second time was holding 12 lb dumbells again on the ground). Yesterday I did no weights but did them with my heels hanging off my step...yowza!!

I've got the Superbowl set to record....I'll tune in later, I'm actually one who could care less about the commercials, the pre-game or the half time show. I like to fast forward thru all that and just watch the game.

I'm gettin' sick of this snow.....

yeah, I'm glad at least that this happened when i wasn't really feeling like working out all that much :) my upper body is a little weaker anyway so i'm going to take advantage. I don't have turbo Barre, thinking travel fit might be good to do, or the floor work from gym style legs. the kickboxing is a good idea. I'll give it a week with no lower body and then start back with that.

making some crock pot chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans and corn to chow on during the game. yum :)

let's all have a good week!

Peng, Phat, hope all is well!

Renee I pm'd you back!

Super Bowl thoughts so far.....are there NO other performers in this world besides Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys??? Alicia seemed to be in no hurry to sing the Nat'l Anthem, I was falling asleep!

Friday, feeling better, I cleaned house but that night Hubby had to work overtime. Sat he slept late and we didn't do much, then Yesterday we slept most of the day, but did clean the oven. My head is still stuffy and we are just tired, at least he has a good reason for being tired from the overtime. He did finish painting the metal shelf he snagged for me from work, and this morning we moved it into my sewing room so I can start getting stuff arranged on it {ie picked up off the floor!}. We had to go to the dentist midmorning but we both got good reports. Yay! Hubby called the vet and all is well with that test result of Aprils'. Another yay.

Andrea, sorry to hear about your foot! I roasted a chicken last week and am making Chicken ala King tonight from the leftovers.

Stacy, hope work isn't as crazy as you expect

Hmmm...well maybe I'm taking the whole week off from working out entirely :( My heel is swelling...and hurting bad. I'm icing it and just filled out an appointment request for an ortho doc. Sucks. Today was the first day in a while that I didn't feel like I was getting sick all day, just part of the day! I feel like I need to sleep until March. Wish I could!

Peng, I'm glad April got a good report. Pinto has been acting super strange every night for oh, the past three nights. Like everything is fine and then suddenly she gives me a wary look and tucks her tail and is scared to death of me for the rest of the evening. Wakes up in the morning just fine, afternoon fine, but after dinner, I must turn into a monster. I don't get it. Maybe she just senses how tired I am and that makes me scary?

Stacy, you hanging in there?

One good thing, I have been eating REALLY WELL this week, ever since my Pad Thai fest on Friday night in fact, so even though I haven't been working out I feel like I"m doing myself some good on some level.

Looks like it's a rest week for us all! My Active Recovery week is timed well. I started feeling achy, congested and sore throat yesterday. I was going to do Yoga or Turbo Barre today but didnt have it in me. I did shovel some snow and ran some errands but definitely taking it easy. Much easier doing it know this was planned already!

Peng, I enjoy reading your posts. Your life (other than the job thing) sounds pretty relaxing! It's cute how you and your hubby do appts together, we hardly ever go to the doctor, which is not necessarily a good thing! We do make sure we dont miss the dogs' vet appts though!

Andrea, hope nothing too serious at the Ortho appt. Odd dog behavior, maybe something medical is going on??

I'll pop in when I can just to say hi, but not planning a workout til at least next Tuesday. Not sure if I'll go back to XTrain, or maybe STS, or maybe something different each week. From the month of January and doing 4 weeks of XTrain, I found my motivation lacking the 4th week of doing the same workout series. So maybe XTrain for 2 weeks, then a circuit/LIS week, then maybe STS for 2 weeks, then circuit/LIS, then Gym Style 2 weeks, etc etc. I dont want to give up my heavier strength training. Also toying with one week doing split upper body and legs once, then the following week doing all upper on one day and 2 lower body workouts. I really found my lower body responding to XTrain Cardio Leg Blast!

Lol, then maybe Mush in March?? ;)

This too shall pass, glad we can all keep our sense of humor intact!

I like Awesome in April.

I'm wearing a new sweater I knitted for myself and a pair of jeans that I usually consider to tight to wear, they are tight but I'm still breathing, lol. I only have a few pairs I can wear, I refuse to buy a larger size until I loose some weight. This is supposed to be my motivation. Hmm. might need to rethink that! However, I put my wedding ring on and its very tight todayl. sigh.

Andrea, if I say 'crap' in a certain tone April's head shoots up and she starts inching toward the door. If Hubby and I use certain tones to each other April makes herself scare. I guess no one, not even the dog, wants to witness a fight, lol.

Stacy, hope you start to feel better!

wtg on the Jeans!

ha ha about "crap"! with Pinto the word is "ears" although last night i said "deers" because there were some baby ones on tv and she have me the same look...lol

Pretty boring day Wed.

Yesterday Hubby stayed home from work sick, while I went to Bible study and chased 2 year olds again. It was 66* and sunny. I went to Knit Night and got most of a baby dress made.

Today its 45* and cloudy. I'm so glad its Friday. Hopefully Hubby and I will have a nice normal weekend together.

Where are you guys? I thought I was dragging behind!

I'm resting my Achilles! its feeling a lot better. working this weekend so I'm going to hold off on any workouts until Monday. :)

We bought a dresser, in good shape, for me at the thrift store {$200}. After getting it home, carried inside {good thing I lift weights}, and getting it cleaned, we were able to put the old {broken} dresser on the curb and with the help of a neighbor got the new one in place in the bedroom. The new one is solid wood and the drawers don’t come out so I was happy to have him to help so I could sit that one out.

Andrea, glad to hear your ankle is doing better!

Feeling better, finally getting some energy back. Working all weekend as well, planning a workout on Tuesday. Diet is still a 4 letter word. Weight is stable though.

Hey ladies!

I did it, I got a workout in! WOO HOO for ME! ha ha. I did the upper body premix from Supersets, and actually managed to aggravate my tendonitis right off the bat, as it starts out with some deadlifts (those to me work my hams much more than my back, and ham work seems to irritate my achilles even more than calf work!) So, live and learn. It wasn't too bad, just some burning that I hadn't felt for a few days, I'll just continue to try not to challenge it and it will recover eventually.

Going to take the dogs for a short walk, then have a massage this afternoon, then tonight on Big Monday it's my KSU Wildcats taking on the KU Jayhawks, at KU...we never win there but should actually be ranked HIGHER than KU for the first time since I was in college. Hope I can get a short nap in first :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.