Progress, not Perfection - 2012 - Month #1

So glad tomorrow is Friday!

Eats today were okay, a few indulgences....

B--low sugar maple & brown sugar oatmeal
L--red peppers, celery with dip, half a sandwich with low cal wheat bread and ff swiss cheese
S--cookie from a co-worker shoved under my nose!
D--4 oz filet mignon with sauteed asparagus, red onion and mushrooms
Carb indulgence--a few crackers, one piece of dark chocolate

I havent weighed myself but I feel thinner, so I'm going with that for now.

The soup recipe...no hard feelings if you dont like it, everyone's tastes are different!

BIG RED SOUP

2 Tbsp vegetable oil (could substitute)
2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large can (28 oz) petite diced tomatoes
1 can (10.5 oz) low sodium beef broth
1 can (10.5 oz) low sodium chicken broth
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Healthy Choice condensed tomato soup
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup mild salsa

Brown the beef in oil in a large skillet. Transfer beef to slow cooker/crock pot. Add everything else! Cook on low 10 hrs until beef is tender. Can garnish with shredded cheese and or scallions.

Great job everyone !!!

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this !!

Stacy - that soup sounds delicious... I have to try it... I'm missing a few ingredients.... will have to add to my shopping list.

See y'all for coffee chugging :D

TGIF AND A 3 DAY WEEKEND :D

Morning Ladies, I am up getting ready for work in a good mood. I even fixed myself a large breakfast that I am going to take to work along with a Strawberry & Banana smoothie.

I think I mention that my son will be 19 next month and he is asking me life question like he is 4 year old. I am mentally drained! This year makes 3 years that he has worked at McDonalds and he now want to work on the Las Vegas Strip. He is asking me if I know anyone that can help him get a job. So, I have been networking on FB with a few friends and calling others that I know. I pray that he gets what he wants.

This weekend I am going to try and find another Running event to attend, and a Champaine Brunch with Crab Legs. :)

Okay, time for me to jump in the shower. I will check back over the weekend. Make is a great day. :)
Deanna

Greetings. I wish my coffee was yummy but it tastes like mud after the first 15 min. bleh.

Yesterday's plants: .5 banana, tangerine, broc, asparagus, sweet potato. : )

Yesterday's "this is why I am not losing wt" 's: wine and nuts in front of tv before bed. : P

Yesterday's progress: completing all my workouts even tho I went into my walk/jog yawning and clutching my jacket. : ~ )

I put the rest of this weeks and all of next weeks rotation into my calendar in WM.
Cathe has LB-cardio-UB-Cardio-Rest-TB-Cardio where about once a week the cardio is circuit style.
So, using my dbl dance days as one of my cardios and making my rest day on Wed when I am not as likely to complete a workout and a workout day on Fri, incorporating each of the workouts Cathe has listed each week, I have tweaked the Susan rotation to fit my schedule and I'll have the bonus of doing a lot of workouts I haven't yet given a decent go.

Tx for soup recipe. I will give it a try and report back.
Deanna, it is cool that your son is close to you and wants your help. I hope he gets what he is looking for, too. Umm, can I join you for lunch?
Susan, rest day for you?

I need to bump everything up, since I don't want to throw an hour workout on top of 2 hours of dance class. BBL with report.

Wine and nuts before bed will do it .... lol

FnV - your tweaked workout looks great !!! Yes, I'm going to stick to the schedule and take today off... cause.... I don't get another day off until next Friday... lol. I feel good from my wimpy version of PUB yesterday. I can feel that I did something, but my muscles aren't screaming.

I don't understand..... some posts on this website.... from people who seem to be thrilled that they have major DOMS.... I guess I'm just old.. but to my way of thinking.. if you are so sore that it is difficult to function (like going up and down stairs and bending over to pick something up), then you probably overdid it. I think there is a fine line between doing enough to feel sore the next day and feeling so sore that it's hard to walk or do anything else.... But I guess that's just my senior citizen-ness.... :D

Stacy - great job on the food yesterday !!! Steak is good. London Broil is becoming my go-to meal of choice. Steak and veggies... can't beat it.

Deanna - you seem to have a wonderful relationship with your son. You have done a great job raising him. Yes.. there have been some "blips" along the way.. but that is to be expected !!!

Make it a great day my friends !!!!

Progress, not Perfection...

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this !!!

I gained a pound according to the scale Thursday morning.. from my overeating Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday, but lost a half pound on this morning' weigh in... so I'm at a total of 2.5 lbs.

Now that I'm back on track, hopefully the scale will start showing more loss.

I completed AT Lower body express and did the LB only from MM, plus bike ride I think. I am chunking this weeks total body into upper and lower and halving the AT LIS LIC cardio day too. It will be smoother and more like the rotation as Cathe wrote it next week.

protein shake, saute yellow squash, onion and galic and scrambled eggs today so far.

Good day everyone, woo hoo!

Happy TGIF !!!!

I enjoyed my day off from workouts... lol, but am excited about doing Muscle Max tomorrow... probably my all time favorite Cathe DVD !!!! Yea....

I'm off to find some supper...

See y'all for coffee in the morning ...

Enjoying my rest day and pizza!

I have Muscle Max on tap for tomorrow!

Off to relax and read!

See you in the morning for coffee!

Good morning my friends !!

I'm just finishing up my coffee.... looks like you are all sleeping in this morning... lol. either that or you are doing your workouts bright and early :D

I'm going to go cook up some breakfast, do some chores around the house and do Muscle Max late morning. I'm really looking forward to it !!!

Just weighed myself and I'm not happy..... After losing 3 pounds last week, I've gained 1 1/2 pounds of it back... sigh.

The difference is that last week I was strict about my eating.. this week, I cheated some... I had about 3 or 4 non-primal meals with friends ..... so that could be it.... or it could just be natural fluctuations in weight.

whatever it is....

Onward we go...

Progress, not Perfection !!!!

I've been up for awhile, just lazing around and watching it snow!

I've had some breakfast and 2 cups of coffee.

Muscle Max here I come!

Morning Ladies

I got up to put my dinner on for the weekend. I put a Pork Shoulder in the Slow Cooker, with BBQ sauce, Onions, Garlic, Bell Pepper, Italian Seasoning, & Brown Sugar. I then shreadded a head of cabbage and made coleslaw. This will be our dinnder for the weekend. :)

My son and I are going to do House Max today, including spot shampooing the carpet with some Fabuloso. I am also planning on doing a run tonight or tomorrow morning.

Deanna

me too here! I'm busy burning breakfast and previewing LIS SG and MM upper body. Anyone know what is missing from the UB only and the UP push pull? the pp is about 10 min shorter.

Snow? nice! It's cool outside and I have sliders open to make for comfortable workout this morn.

I gave blood yesterday aft. I literally felt drained. I came home and napped most of the day, got up, watched LOTR2 w/ kids and then slept for 9 hours last night. I'm good today. I needed to be more hydrated, I think. Also, back into my book. Stacy, I stopped trying to keep track of all the Vanagers.

Deanna, dinner sounds great! I need to use my slow cooker more now that I am eating meat. so far I have your pork idea and Stacy's soup.

Muscle Max is complete! I skipped the low-ends during the stationary lunges and the step-ups for legs with the band. I'm still leery of too much leg work with my knee, especially with lower body on the schedule again on Monday. I'm going to either do a more of a traditional lower body workout Monday or Turbo Barre, we'll see how the knees are feeling after today's leg segment.

Deanna....dinner sounds great!! I'll be over at 6pm!

Susan...how was your workout?

FnV...sorry I cant help with the MMax premixes :( I'm about 150 pages into the book, and it's been a slow read for me. My husband read it in 2 days, so dont know if maybe I'm just not in the mood to read or he liked it more than I did, but I agree the Vanger history is seeming to drag a bit. I'm hoping to sit and read a chunk later tonight as I'll be babysitting my niece tonight and I'll have some time to read after she goes to bed.

I competed LIS SG cardio/core then did MM core and UB push pull. I think the PP PM was just short a few sets here and there, I don't feel like I cheated too much by doing it.

Household/laundry max for me today and maybe grocery to pick up some stuff to make these yummy meal ideas. I lost track of my plants yesterday, but I don't think I made it to five svgs. I did stop at this great little produce market/Asian food store and got a package of mini peppers, heirloom baby tomatoes, watermelon, cherries, grapes, sweet potatoes (beautiful, tasty and small!), Eng. Cuke (1.19!) and more for under 20 dollars. SCORE!

Stacy, I hope your knees do OK. I was thinking of you as I did SG. I was concerned it might be hard on mine, but so far so good.

Susan, hang in there with the scale! I am feeling lucky that I've maintained. Not enough pants and too many indulgences for me.

Deanna, do you brown the pork shoulder first?

Better late than never :D

I did "all" of Muscle Max..... I mean I did the whole DVD from warmup through abs and final stretch.

However... I couldn't do as many squats or lunges as Cathe and Crew.

And those leg presses on the step with the band? Yikes.. they kill me... couldn't do many of those.... and the ab workout was tough.... tough on my back with all those long-levered thingies and the bicycle thingies... lol

But.... had a great time on all the upper body exercises... I love those.. and the stretch section was really good.

I didn't start it til 4:30 p.m... and at my usual 80% speed and a few pauses here and there for stretching.. it took me about an hour and a half.

But it's done... all done :p

Then... I cooked what has become my favorite meal - London Broil and a sweet potato with a slab of butter on it. Yummy !!!

While I was eating that, I previewed what Cathe has in the rotation for tomorrow... and... EGADS !!! What is she thinking??????

After lunges and squats in Muscle Max today.... she thinks I'm going to be able to do the first 20 minutes of Slide n Glide????? let alone the first 15-20 minutes of Athletic Training... Yikes !!!!! Yoga I can do... lol

and then...... the Cathe Devil has Gym Style Legs on Monday?????

What is she thinking???????? Yikes....

I need sleep... lol

See y'all for coffee !!

Deanna - how was the slow cooker pork? I need to pull my slow cooker out.....

Good morning my friends !!

Quick note... must do a few things around the house, then I'm off to The Cracker Barrel for brunch. Today is the birthday of one of my friends and that's where she said she wanted to go. I shall try not to do huge damage to my eating plan... lol

Not sure what's on my workout agenda today. Cathe has some Slide n Glide, some Athletic Training and some Yoga Relax on the program. hmmmmm....

sounds pretty aggressive for this old lady :p

I am going to try Slide n Glide.. it looks like fun... but there's no way I can do all those disc jumping jacks... I'd kill myself for sure.... but I will try some of the other moves.... I haven't previewed Athletic Training yet.. but all the reports I see in the forums says it's tough..... geeze...... but I will definitely do something.. even if it's a step workout after a little SnG. And will finish off with Yoga Relax.

But all that will have to wait until later in the day...

Make it a great day !!!!

I was really good with the food yesterday, knowing that Cracker Barrel was on the plan for this morning.... lol. Hopefully, the two will balance out...

Good Morning!

So far, knees are feeling okay, but I havent done much yet 'cept walk to get coffee! Got home pretty late from babysitting so actually slept late today. I dont know what's on the workout agenda. Seeing as we dont have a rest day until Friday, and tomorrow is leg day, I'm probably going to keep cardio light or just do yoga. That may turn out to be my permanent modification to this and future similar rotations. I really dont feel like I'm copping out as I think yoga/stretching is an important component to my fitness and injury prevention.

Food yesterday, not good, but munching on Pizza Rolls and popcorn with my niece while playing Disney princess Uno and jamming to Justin Bieber (or whatever in the world music she was playing) was fun.

Eating at my inlaws tonight as always and there's a family member with a bday so there will be cake. My goal today is to resist dessert!

I"ll bbl later!

My workout is done. I walked 48 min on the treadmill on the "hills" program, alternating btwn a 1 degree incline and 5 degree incline every 2 minutes. I didnt walk too fast but I felt tired most of the walk. I'm sure my body is telling me something there!

I think I'm going to do Pure Strength Legs & Abs tomorrow. It's got standing legs, some floor work and abs, so a little of everything. There might be a step-up section, is so I'll just skip it. I dont those will ever feel good on my knees so no point trying to workup to them. There are plenty of other leg exercises in the world!

Hey, I did my two dance classes.

Not excited about an hour long leg workout tomorrow, but I'm just going to pop it in and go and see how it goes. There is a lot of variety in the workout and from what I can tell, minimal static lunges. My knees seem to be doing better overall.

Susan, to me DOMS are a sign of new or challenging or different workout, not something I expect to have (to excess) after all my workouts. I also don't get them as often once I am working out regularly, even if I feel challenged while I am working out. So sometimes they are a surprise.

Plants so far: a cup of chopped yellow, orange and red peppers, 1/2 banana and 2 cups of frozen fruit blended into a smoothie w/ protein powder.

Crabbily yours, FNV

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.