Post STS and circuit training

LastTango

Cathlete
I recently finished a 6 month rotation of STS. I was very pleased with my stength gains. I'm lifting heavier than I ever thought I could.

I'm taking a break from STS for a couple of months. I decided this month to do more circuit training to change things up.

All I can say is that it is kicking my butt. :confused: It leaves me wondering if I gained anything at all while doing STS. I think I remember reading on this forum where other people have experienced the same thing. I'm guessing that it is just a much different style (circuit training) than STS, and that my body is having to adapt all over again.

Who else out there has experience this?

It doesn't help that I'm carrying about 4.5 pounds more than usual...I feel like a slug!!!

My body responds the same way. I think its a good sign on some levels- means you are hitting the muscles (including your heart) in a new way again. That should also help to blast those extra pounds! :D

I think you notice the gains you made in a rotation when you do something like go to lift things that use to feel heavy & now they dont...or if you've recently completed a plyo intensive rotation - you will find yourself running faster without alot of extra effort.

I have no muscle enduramce at all - I generally feel like I'm not very fit when I start a Circuit type rotation- especially after STS or P90X.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.