Plyo legs STS strength

If you add the workout into your calendar, it should give you an idea. I believe the Workout Manager's numbers are based on your height and weight. I don't know how accurate it is and imagine only a heart rate monitor could give you the best number.

Off the top of my head though, I'm thinkin' .... A lot. :D

I just did disc 29 this morning with a Polar monitor. I'm 5 ft, 108 pounds and burned 537 calories. I did take slightly longer breaks at times completing the workout in 60 minutes instead of 50 minutes. Had to do that to get my heart rate down between some of the plyo exercises. I did not compare that to what workout manager calculated for me.
I loved the work out!

My gowearfit says I burn 180-200 calories depending on which workout it is. I was surprised how low it is because I feel like I'm working harder than I am when I run, but I guess not.

is she trying to KILLLL MEEEEEE?????

once again i HAD to stop in the middle of the work out. and once again i will have finish it later on in the week

what the heck?! anyone else struggling to finish a friggn' leg work out?

I NEVER EVER would have guessed that my upper body was so much stronger than my weeny lower body. I have progress much faster in upper body strength

tpa girl

yeah-figured that, but the cardio component is murder. my legs were actually not as sore because i dropped the wieghts but my hr was spiking.

Plyo legs are soooooooooooo tough i get ripped just watching it.:p

My lower body is much weaker than upper, and it seems weird doens't it? I always have trouble getting through leg workouts but can brease through upper body.
Autumn

Honestly, I feel like the reason that the plyo seems so hard is that there are no real breaks in between. The few seconds you get are used setting up for the next exercise. Not like the upper body Meso 3 discs were you get to regroup for a minute and psych yourself back up before you move on. With the plyo it's GO-GO-GO. I've never felt better, though, than after I finish the plyo and am sitting there sweating and realizing that Cathe was kicking my butt and i still made it!

that is why i stick to it.....cuz realistically no pair of jeans is worth this torture. I feel so accomplished when I'm done (endorphins dont hurt either) amd then when I'm playing with the kids or unloading a costco trip I love that I'm not totally wiped:D

Regarding the post about the gowearfit calorie burn being really low - I wear both a bodybugg and a HRM when I work out (yup, uber geek here) and my bugg always calculates a significantly lower calorie burn for all workout types except running and walking, compared with my HRM. I don't think it means you are actually burning less calories - I think it is a function of how the bugg and gowearfit work.

But you can check it out for youself, if you have a heart rate monitor, try wearing that when you do plyo legs and compare it with what the hrm says for a run - and see what results you get.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.