Please welcome "Bettie" to the forum >^..^<

Govtgirl

Cathlete
I hope nobody minds my posting the newest addition to our family: Bettie.
Everyone was so wonderful when my sweetie kitty Murphy died suddenly this month (he's in the avatar), I thought you might want to see who he brought to us. Because, I kind of beleive that....I had a another major crying jag Saturday over Murphy, cried til my stomach hurt...... then found Bettie the very next day. The second I picked her up I knew she was the one.

Bettie is from a rescue shelter, she has the orange markings of Murphy, and the brown-stripey marks of her new big-step-brother Ace.

She's an Aries, likes Ocean Treat kitten food, and her favorite color is pink :^)

Attachments

• Bettie_1.jpg
    Bettie_1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Oh my she is adorable! Calico's are so cute, I had a kitten that looked just like her many years ago. I am happy you found her, your post about Murphy was devastating, and I am so sorry for your recent loss, and so happy you found Bettie.

I just got back from the vet...clean bill of health for Bettie. The vet also told me more details about Murphy. She said his lungs were clear, which with his heart condition means he didn't suffer; it was very quick, just like going to sleep and he probably never knew anything was going on. What blessing for that.

She said, "I can only hope I get to have a death like Murphy did."

Grief is so weird, huh? I was a wailing mess 2 nights ago, but I think I turned a corner. I decided that I want to do a painting of Murphy. I know he's in the house, I beleive in souls, and I want a tribute to him. :^)

WELCOME BETTIE!!!!!! She is soooooooo CUTE!!!! I am happy for you. It's been almost 5 months since I lose my Jasmine (5 Yrs old) and I still have days that I just don't believe she is gone. How does your other kitty like Bettie??? I guess you and Bettie rescued each other!!! Keep us posted. :) Linda

Bettie is soooo cute!...and she's a girl after my own heart, because my fav color is pink, too!

I also believe in souls, and I think a Murphy tribute painting would be a good thing. Be sure to post a picture of it when it's completed.

Congratulations on finding your beautiful new kitty. She's lucky to have a new home with you.

WELCOME BETTIE!!!!!! She is soooooooo CUTE!!!! I am happy for you. It's been almost 5 months since I lose my Jasmine (5 Yrs old) and I still have days that I just don't believe she is gone. How does your other kitty like Bettie??? I guess you and Bettie rescued each other!!! Keep us posted. :) Linda

That part choked me up! Yes, it was a mutual rescue. I still cant' beleive murphy is gone, I still expect to see him when I come home. I know I still have more crying ahead. Heck, I still cry for Daisy at times, she was 18 when she died 7 years ago.

Ace is being wonderful. It's barely been 48 hours since Bettie got here, and now he's going up to Bettie to sniff and touch noses. NO hissing, no drama. It's adorable. I think he'll be a very protectvie big brother!

That part choked me up! Yes, it was a mutual rescue. I still cant' beleive murphy is gone, I still expect to see him when I come home. I know I still have more crying ahead. Heck, I still cry for Daisy at times, she was 18 when she died 7 years ago.

Ace is being wonderful. It's barely been 48 hours since Bettie got here, and now he's going up to Bettie to sniff and touch noses. NO hissing, no drama. It's adorable. I think he'll be a very protectvie big brother!

My sweet Jasmines sister is still here with me and her name is also Daisy.:)

She's adorable---welcome, Bettie!

It's sometimes surprising to me how much comfort my sweet kitties give to me when I am going through tough times. Their love is so uncomplicated and they need so little. Each one is so different and never a replacement for a lost one, but rather a new and beautiful creature for us to love. :)

I'm so glad you got Bettie. She's such a cutie! I love her name, too. Cats bring such joy to our lives, don't they?

Kim

How adorable! Welcome, Bette! Lots of love here for you!

Congratulations! I'm sure Bette will bring great joy to your heart! It's nice to know Ace is behaving like a gentleman and welcoming Bettie into the family! Murphy will always be with you and I think it's a lovely idea to memorialize him in a portrait!

So, again, welcome, welcome to your new family member!

How cute is that! I love kitties. I had an orange kitty for many years and I completely understand your grief. But, sometimes a new kitty is just the thing. Congratulations on your new friend,

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.