Please vote! Opinions needed!

Should I stay or Go?

• Go!

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • Stay!

Votes: 33 32.0%

• Total voters
oops...just realized the original post was from a while ago and I'm late to this party.

And yeah....how was it?

Gayle

Whoops, guess I should have read the entire thing before I posted. ;)

OMG this is like my DREAM. I would give just about anything to take a nice vacation by myself to someplace warm and do nothing but sit down by the pool and read and not have to speak to anyone for an entire vacation. Unfortunately, my Dh would be offended and upset if I proposed seperate vacations. Go and I will live vicariously through you! :)

Some nonrefundable tickets actually can be transitioned to later dates, but I assume you've checked that out. I've had to do it many a time, and it tends to run me $50-$75 per airline involved.

Perhaps you have a friend or relative who would be willing to pay achange fee to use your husband's ticket - assuming that it's transferable - and then you could be joined for part of the trip. Someone might be able to come for half the time.

And, you know, there is a way to "bring" your husband along. You could get a picnic lunch, and walk out by the pool, and call him on your cell! Walk together on the beach, with him in your pocket and speaking in your ear. Sure, it isn't the vacation you planned, but it is a way to balance the conflicts of job and the need to rest, and still feel you are together. At least for part of the time.

I understand your dilemma. I've made decisions both directions (go/stay), as has my husband, in similar situations. You know yourself best ... what would make you happier?

Whoops, guess I should have read the entire thing before I posted. ;)

OMG this is like my DREAM. I would give just about anything to take a nice vacation by myself to someplace warm and do nothing but sit down by the pool and read and not have to speak to anyone for an entire vacation. Unfortunately, my Dh would be offended and upset if I proposed seperate vacations. Go and I will live vicariously through you! :)

Karla I feel exactly the same way. I would LOVE to be alone for days and not have to talk or interact. Just relax, read, meditate, practice yoga, shop. . . . anything I want!

Monica

Hi everyone!

Well, since you asked....:p

It was really wonderful. :) I was there for 4 full days(got there late afternoon Monday, left early Saturday morning). It rained one day and one day was cloudy and cold. So, weather-wise, it probably wasn't the greatest week ever in south Florida in March. But, still, it beats north Jersey in March.:D

So I spent my days lying around the pool, I read 4 books, I took naps, I ate what I wanted, I stayed up late, I ran on the beach...you get the picture.:)

It really was a great experience. I didn't feel bored at all. And I probably did better traveling alone then when I'm with DH as I sort of use him as a crutch.

So I big Thank you! to everyone who gave me their advice and opinions! I did have a really good time and probably wouldn't have gone without everyone giving me their encouragement. You guys are the best!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.