Please vote! Opinions needed!

Should I stay or Go?

• Go!

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • Stay!

Votes: 33 32.0%

• Total voters
I say its an opportunity. . Challenge yourself with doing something you normally wouldn't do , get out of your comfort zone a bit, you may be surprised what you'll discover.

Are you kidding?! Go! Push yourself out of your comfort zone and more than likely you will meet some fascinating people and open yourself up to experiences that you would never have if you were with someone. Read some awesome books, partake in margaritas, do what you want to do on your own timeline. Even if it is not all you would hoped it would be at least you'll know you possess the confidence to stand on your own two feet. And when you get back you and your husband will be sooo excited to see one another and well.....you know what will happen ;)

Thanks everyone! I'm leaning toward going(I don't have to officially decide until late this afternoon, so keep the votes coming!). I'm also going to rent a car if I go. Wendy(HotPants) is right, I don't have to be anywhere at a certain time so it won't be a big deal if I get a little lost.:)

Thanks again for everyone's feedback. I knew I could count on my fellow Catheites to help me out. :) :)

I'd definitely go! My boys and I flew out a year ago tomorrow to spend a week with my sister near Tampa and it was wonderful. Just being where it's warm and the sun is shining is in itself worth the trip! It really made a huge difference in my attitude after all the cold snowy weather. I'd go every year, if we could afford it.

ITA!!! Go for it! When my DH was deployed to Iraq (2x) I traveled a lot in Europe all on my own. Yes, some of it was lonely (who wants to see Paris alone?!?!?!), but it was worth it. Otherwise, take a friend.

And, yes, Beavs is right--you know what will happen when you get back. Think of it as extended foreplay. ;)

Are you kidding?! Go! Push yourself out of your comfort zone and more than likely you will meet some fascinating people and open yourself up to experiences that you would never have if you were with someone. Read some awesome books, partake in margaritas, do what you want to do on your own timeline. Even if it is not all you would hoped it would be at least you'll know you possess the confidence to stand on your own two feet. And when you get back you and your husband will be sooo excited to see one another and well.....you know what will happen ;)

I think in your particular situation, going would probably be fine and your DH sounds like he wouldn't mind. I couldn't personally do it to my DH though. If we had a vacation planned and something came up for him, I know he would feel left out if I went without him. Even if he said it would be ok, I would know my DH was lying! I'm all for a trip by myself but since it was a trip planned for "us", I would have a hard time doing it. We haven't had a good trip anywhere by ourselves since the honeymoon though (always visit his family in the summers), so any trip we plan by ourselves would pretty much be sacred. Hence why I would struggle more with it.

p.s. If something came up with my work and I couldn't make it for a FL vacation with DH, you darn well better believe I wouldn't be letting DH go down their by himself for a week while I work! ;) However, that said, I am packing him off to WA for a week by himself this summer to get him out of my hair! ;)

Last edited:
Go, and take a friend or relative. Or take my DH. He always has time for vacations and I never do and I'm always disappointing him. ;)

Take me!! :p Just kidding!

You should go and enjoy yourself. It will be a great experience and I'm sure you'll meet some really cool people to hang around with.

Can you find a friend or other family member(s) who might be interested in one or both of your trips? You could go with someone else, or just find two other people to take your vacation for you!

I say go by yourself and enjoy it! It will do both of you good to spend time on your own. And, yes, get the car! You'll have the freedom to do whatever you want for a week! Trust me, it's heaven. I took a vacation by myself last fall and I had a great time. Write down ICUmom's list before you go and pick and choose what appeals to you. You might be surprised at how much you enjoy having time on your own and just doing what you want to do. Have fun!

anne

GO - I used to live in Lauderdale, (now live in the NYC area), and it's a very walkable place. If you're staying on the strip, you'll have plenty of beach to walk. There are a lot of shops, etc. along the strip. The ONLY downside is you will see lots of spring-breakers who can be obnoxious, but.....
Go for the adventure. You'll enjoy it.
I'd "volunteer" to "help you out" but work precludes me from leaving next week. :-( ;-)

Ohhh, Take me! Take me!!! LOL!

Seriously, years ago the bank DH and I worked for was bought out, I ended up staying with the new company and DH found employment else where. Anyway since I retained my years of service and he was starting from the beginning, I found myself with a whole lot more vacation time than him. So off to Florida I went a couple years in a row all on my own. And I had a nice time, I did rent the car and I did go find things to explore on my own.

I'd say go, but I'm pretty independant. Perhaps being an only child made me good at entertaining myself. ;) You'd be surprised at how fast 5 days goes. Especially if you'll be traveling for 2 of those 5 days (you didn't specify).
I'm betting you can spend 2 of your days reading at which time you'll be ready to explore a bit, you can walk the beaches, boardwalks, window shop, find a local gym that allows you to purchase daily passes and all kinds of things. I'm sure you can come up with plenty of things to do even if you don't make any new friends.

Go girl, go! Sometimes I think it would be glorious to have a vacation by myself without my DH, although I would like to take my golden retriever.
~Michelle

I say go for it!! I live about 2 hours south of Ft. Lauderdale (in the Keys) and the weather is beautiful :cool::p

I say Go, especially if you are willing to rent a car. And get your car with GPS/navigation, or bring your own if you have it. I too am directionally challenged, but having my GPS takes the worry out of that part.

Research what is around, like what other places can you drive to within an hour or so, so you can plan little day trips.

I go away alone a decent amount, I agree the eating alone gets odd, but I find eating at the bar is always way better, I almost always end up meeting someone to talk to, and at least the bartender is there too to chat up. :)

Hope you go and have a great time!

you are really only there for 3 days!! GOOOOOO! Take a sabbatical. Have fun - take in all the vitamin D you can get!!! I would love to get away by myself for a few days just to concentrate on me - go for all of us :)))

Update!

Alright..so my final decision is made:

I'M GOING!

I think this will really be a great experience and I am so looking forward to the sun and the warm weather and getting to read as many books as I want, uninterrupted.....you get the point.;)

A big, huge THANK YOU to everyone for helping me make my decision!

I'll be thinking of everyone next week!:)

A vacation alone? Sounds delightful! I would so love some time alone to read, relax, recharge.

And I absolutely hate cold weather, so it would be an easy choice for me! ("Bye, sweetie! I'll send you a postcard!") :D

Alright..so my final decision is made:

I'M GOING!

I think this will really be a great experience and I am so looking forward to the sun and the warm weather and getting to read as many books as I want, uninterrupted.....you get the point.;)

A big, huge THANK YOU to everyone for helping me make my decision!

I'll be thinking of everyone next week!:)

So, how was it????? At least let us live vicariously through you. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.