PLEASE HELP! Getting rid of lower body fat

ckanuckel

Cathlete
I'm am sooo discouraged :( Despite every type of workout I do, I cannot get rid of the nasty fat and cellulite I've been plagued with. I'm 44, have a gluten sensitivity and don't eat sweets and eat clean. I do a variety of workouts, as a matter of fact, I follow Cathe's rotations as close as possible and this pesky fat will not budge. Matter of fact, I think it's getting worse! It looks like my butt and legs just hang and sag. Please help

Hi Christine,
I know it can be very discouraging when you work so hard and don't see results. The cellulite will likely not disappear but you can certainly work on the muscle below it to make it appear smoother. I know you said you vary your workouts but maybe throw in something totally different if you can like some tabata/ spinning/ gliding if you have access to this. I love heavy weights and when I tried Mindy Mylrea's booty camp and gliding workouts I was shocked how sore I was and realized even body weight workouts can be effective. Spinning works on strength/ cardio/ core if you have a spin bike. Or even try something other than Cathe like Zuzana Lights workouts - she has lots of free videos on youtube and works you really hard in a short amount of time - good to finish you off after your regular workout!
Diet is always key as well so maybe try take a closer look at your intake and type of foods you eat.
Try not to despair. I wish Cathe was on the forum more to give advice.:(
Good Luck,
Jamie

Hi Christine,
I know it can be very discouraging when you work so hard and don't see results. The cellulite will likely not disappear but you can certainly work on the muscle below it to make it appear smoother. I know you said you vary your workouts but maybe throw in something totally different if you can like some tabata/ spinning/ gliding if you have access to this. I love heavy weights and when I tried Mindy Mylrea's booty camp and gliding workouts I was shocked how sore I was and realized even body weight workouts can be effective. Spinning works on strength/ cardio/ core if you have a spin bike. Or even try something other than Cathe like Zuzana Lights workouts - she has lots of free videos on youtube and works you really hard in a short amount of time - good to finish you off after your regular workout!
Diet is always key as well so maybe try take a closer look at your intake and type of foods you eat.
Try not to despair. I wish Cathe was on the forum more to give advice.:(
Good Luck,
Jamie

Jamie your advice is spot on IMO.
Change/ result can only come from a change in a routine and eating habit.
Holding on the same old workout pattern effective years ago won't help to gain result. The human body has an ability to adapt.

STS is great and if you've gotten results with it in the past why not repeat it. I loved all the leg workouts especially the plyo in meso 3. I usually have to do 2 leg workouts/ week though as it's my trouble area but whatever works for you. Even adding some kickboxing for cardio works the legs well too. Saves you from buying any new DVDs.
Jamie

Hi chanuckel, I did have the same problem like you 6 months ago, ugly legs, big pouch in my lower abs, after 4 kids, try hard everyday and nathing work until I decide to check my food and at the same time I start a 3 months rotation LIS/XTRAIN, I used the more heavy weight the first week and the second increment one pound, I change to leg day for slide day + food I eat carb,protein( 40 grams of oat old fashion with a scoop of whey protein, snack or after workout 1 scoop of protein with a cup of spinach, blended, lunch 4oz, chicken+ 3 cups of vegetables, 1/2 cup brown rice or sweet potato, snack 150 grams of Greek yogurt no sugar only cinnamon and vanilla stract, dinner protein and 2 vegetables and before bed one scoop of casein, is like 1500- 1700 calories a day, I lost lbs, fat and gain muscles definitions and six pack in my abs love it and I continue. Good luck. A lot of water. No fruit.

I had my best leg results doing the classic STS 6 month rotation. One thing since you are gluten sensitive-do not eat any "gluten free" bread type or pasta products. They will make you even fatter than regular bread they are so calorie dense. I was looking so great after STS and then I started to eat the gluten free bread/pasta and it all went to hell!!! After all that hard work!!!
I really think the STS rotation is best because if you just follow Cathe's monthly rotations you are never overloading or progressing in anything. The rotations are just too randem. They are good for calorie burn of course but if you want to see real changes in a body part I think the STS system is by far the best one. If you have the time. Its pretty intense.
Beth

Last edited:
Diet changes will give you the results moreso than any particular workout. However, I agree that you need to progress in your workouts each week so doing random rotations is not best. I think varying the type of cardio is good, but picking a strength training set, whether it be STS or Gym Styles and sticking with that for at least 12 weeks and progressing each week even if it's only a 1 lb increment is vital. I think taking an active rest week every 3-4 weeks, doing yoga, stretching and walking is also good to recharge your body and mind.

Good Luck!

A couple of years ago, after doing squats and lunges with 12 lb dumbbells, I noticed that my legs had tapered in right below my tush. I was doing all different types of workouts, but I attribute the success to the moves I was doing.
:):cool:

If you're in good health I would recommend distance running and something like WW or the 21 Day Fix which focuses on portion control.
Running for some reason seems to slim the lower body down and strengthen my core really fast.
I remember a couple of years back, just even doing 3 miles and P90X or PS series on a Alternating days did some pretty good things. I don't like intense rotations at all. I think if all I want is to slim down there's no reason to kill myself to get it done quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.